Burning Barrels and certain flooring stop fire spreading.

MrZombifiedGamer

Okay, so my suggestion is actually two suggestions in one that kind of compliment each other.

1st, burning barrels which could lower chance significantly of your base getting set on fire while inside your base (to be clear, inside your base doesn't mean inside the house) but if you have walls then like behind those walls.

2nd, certain flooring could stop fire spread entirely when combined with burning barrel. So I'm thinking one cement or gravel slab placed down under the burning barrel should prevent fires from being caused in your base other than in the intended burning barrel obviously. 

This would not work in a building made of wood but could still be plausible in a stone, brick or cement room without any furniture. 

This came to me cause in my city we have to have a designated burning container to have fires ever since the city took over. Prior bon-fires were possible but they claim that burning containers can prevent forest fires or just out of control fires in general. So I figured we could do the same with PZ.

Thoughts? 

Sounds cool, but when you said barrel did you mean a wood barrel? What material are the barrels in your city made of?

i think the OP is referring to something like this, which would be a good idea as we already have barrels in some of the warehouses

Well that's pretty cool actually, it could also be used as a fireplace and an alternative oven. The devs should definitely look forward for this since we cannot move ovens and the only way to protect ourselves from cold are the clothes.

For obvious reasons, having them in doors, is just a great way to asphyxiate yourself. The only exception would be something like a large warehouse, I imagine.

But yes, something that allows (small) fires to be indoors would be a big plus . . . or at least real fireplaces/wood stoves being in some homes. Camping-style stoves would also be a plus.

For obvious reasons, having them in doors, is just a great way to asphyxiate yourself. The only exception would be something like a large warehouse, I imagine.

Nailed it.

But, I can't argue having one outdoors. However, I don't see game-play improving much by having one. A fire barrel doesn't bring much to the table that a campfire doesn't (in game).

What I do like is the idea of putting sand, gravel, or dirt down on the ground to prevent fires from spreading. We have long needed a way to combat fire spreading, and prevention is usually the first step. *sees Smokey smiling*

Nailed it.

But, I can't argue having one outdoors. However, I don't see game-play improving much by having one. A fire barrel doesn't bring much to the table that a campfire doesn't (in game).

Well for one it's awesome. :P Okay, so gameplay wise that doesn't mean much. But campires catch things on fire easily. This is kind of like your cheat alternative to say fire places. I imagine camp fires being extraordinarily dangerous. This would lessen that risk if you're able to obtain one. 

I like the idea but possibly it may require something else to cook? I don't see how it would cook unless you left the top on or added a grate. If you left the top on all you would need to do is to cut a hole near the bottom to fill the thing with wood and possibly a few air holes near the top. Still to cook (Unless its ca-bobs,that sounds pretty good too, but you would need some way to cook) You need a whole new design or a grate.

I like the idea but possibly it may require something else to cook? I don't see how it would cook unless you left the top on or added a grate. If you left the top on all you would need to do is to cut a hole near the bottom to fill the thing with wood and possibly a few air holes near the top. Still to cook (Unless its ca-bobs,that sounds pretty good too, but you would need some way to cook) You need a whole new design or a grate.

once again, youtube provides the visuals. in truth, this would be a fairly simple thing to build. we already have hinges in the game from broken down doors, and of course the barrels. all we would need is a way to cut the barrel......and of course the grate to put inside for the food to sit on