Killer Bunnies -- No, Really!

Bullwinkle

If you are depending on farming to survive, bunnies could be your undoing.

Once every 2 weeks, on average, a bunny appears on your farm. He stands still a lot, but if you approach, he is too fast to kill; he disappears into a hole for an hour. Your only options: shoot him or hope your traps get him (low chance of success, cuz why should he eat stale veggies from the suspicious box when there are fresh-growing veggies in your garden). Every day that the bunny remains on your farm, 1 tile of vegetables will disappear. Trapping bunnies around your farm could reduce the frequency that these rodents appear.

The challenge of farming is increased and more immersive at the same time that the player is encouraged to make a loud noise at his home. BANG! Got ya! ... I wonder who that could be knocking on my front gate?

This is how I died: Bunnies

It would be realistic, I'll give you that.

I do know that they are adding in bunnies at some point and they have shared some art on what they're developing, I just don't know what their plan for them is.

Maybe not have a random % chance, but that if a bunnie does show up in your garden from hopping around the map (which would be almost random in itself), that you had better take care of it!

The reason I suggest a random chance is because anything farther than 49 tiles (I think that is the right number) away from you does not exist. Bunnies are not going to be hopping around the map 100 or 200 tiles away and randomly make their way onto your farm. They will need to be random spawns on player farms.

I am NOT an expert on how this game works, but that is my understanding of how things work here. Very different from some other games, like Skyrim, where the whole world exists even when you are far away.

Yeah I definitely don't know how the game works exactly either.

But, what if they spawned on the edges of those 49 tiles randomly and then occasionally migrated to your crops? That would simulate them wondering into your area without having to track them across the entire map.

Having a loud and active farm would keep them away, but all that extra noise would attract something else...

This could open an avenue for new crafting too! You could build chicken wire fences around your crops and/or build elevated planters. Or you could risk the wrath of the bunnie and just farm in the open on ground level.

Find his hole and put a loop snare in front of it. That'll get him. Alternatively, you can surround your garden with short stick fences that have loop snare entrances and your garden will be the perfect bait for fresh rabbit meat. Potato and rabbit stew, yum!

Find his hole and put a loop snare in front of it. That'll get him. Alternatively, you can surround your garden with short stick fences that have loop snare entrances and your garden will be the perfect bait for fresh rabbit meat. Potato and rabbit stew, yum!

I just picture the rabbit leaping through my Average Man snare and carrying on with its day. :(

Just in case it didn't come across earlier: I'm all for critters stealing and terrorizing your fields. For one, it'd mean having larger fields would be a real plus, and it'd just make life harder. ;)

• 2 weeks later...