[Roleplaying][ApCom Radio Mod][Co-op/PVP] Days of the Dead [Build 29.4]

ThatUser

Hello there!

I just started this roleplaying server and hope to have more people joining up, it should be up 24/7 and is a public server.

The ApCom Radio mod has been enabled in the server. Only local chat is allowed in order to hopefully be more immersive for the players. In combination with the radio mod enabled, this should give a nice touch to game. 

There is co op and pvp, it all depends on the situation and the persons in it, but regardless of the outcome of an encounter, it is mandatory for all to roleplay as much as possible.

Also, only use OOC if strictly necessary.

OOC example: 
Player 1: "OOC, Oh my god, there is lag!"
Player 2: "OOC, No, theres not, this server is awesome!"

IC example:
Player 1:  "I'm sure this madness this won't last forever, IT CAN'T last forever. Someone will come to rescue us sooner or later! They will heal you right up!"
Player 2: "It's pointless..! You can't help me! I've been bitten..! I'm sick and I know I'm going to die soon."

Speaking OOC while in IC will be penalized with being kicked out of the server and if repeated enough times will result with a ban.

OOC=Out of character.
IC=In character.

-----------------------------------------------ApCom Radio Mod Installation-----------------------------------------------------------------

A friend and I have been working on an installer for the mod so that the installation process is as easy as possible and with no complicated steps, in order to make a smooth install for anyone interested in our server. Another reason for the installer is that the mod needed some slight modification to make multiplayer work with build 29.4, in terms of where certain files go to certain folders. 

Its all smooth sailing from now on.

Anyways, here is the link for the installer:

These are the simple steps in order to install the mod:

1) Make sure that Project Zomboid is closed.
2) Double click on "Install ApCom - Radio Mod". Don't worry, no viruses at all. We promise. 
3)Run Project Zomboid. Once on the menu, close the game, then start the game up again. 
4)Enjoy!

Its as simple as that! 

Be aware that when you wish to play in other servers that do not use the ApCom radio mod, you will need to run the uninstaller, which is of course included in the link up there.

------------------------------------------------Playing with the ApCom Radio Mod-----------------------------------------------------

1-There are 12 different frequencies to use. 

The standard that we will use is 3.725 so its easier to get in touch but you are free to use any you want.

2-There are different walkie talkies, with different ranges.
3-You must equip the radio as secondary.
4-You need a battery for the for the walkie talkies.
5-Be sure to turn the radio on.
6-Once you have a radio with battery, turned on and equipped as a secondary, press "T" for local chat and what you write will be sent through the radio on the frequency that you chose.

There is a HAM radio to be found, cassettes and cassette recorders. You can record on the tapes and play them through the HAM radio on a loop if you want.

For more info, here is the link of the ApCom radio mod from its creator, TurboTuTone:

TurboTuTone is now part of the PZ dev team, so hopefully we can see this awesome mod becoming a part of the official game soon, like what happened with the erosion system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, lets create some interesting stories here for all involved here, a story that keeps on evolving to epic proportions! :D

The server is public and you should be able to find it, but here is the IP: 85.166.95.72. Port: 16261

At any rate, looking forward to play with more likeminded people! :-)

Have fun, keep it clean and watch out...they are coming to get you...

P.S: Serious roleplaying for serious players. ;-)

EDIT: Updated post to include info regarding the ApCom Radio mod that has now been enabled on the server!

Cool man! There were quite a few people that joined yesterday, that was pretty good. A friend and I actually started playing the game again yesterday, we had a few months break from it but are now catching up with the latest build. We actually wanted to run the 30.3 build but for some reason it doesn't run well on his computer so we went with build 29.4.

At any rate, sadly the server had a little hiccup late at night yesterday and was gone for a bit. But that has now passed.

The server is now back up and running...! :-)

P.S: Previously the max amount of players was set to 14 but seeing as it was running fine with that I upped the limit to 25 players. What would you say about that amount? Is it fine or too much?

Cool man! There were quite a few people that joined yesterday, that was pretty good. A friend and I actually started playing the game again yesterday, we had a few months break from it but are now catching up with the latest build. We actually wanted to run the 30.3 build but for some reason it doesn't run well on his computer so we went with build 29.4.

At any rate, sadly the server had a little hiccup late at night yesterday and was gone for a bit. But that has now passed.

P.S: Previously the max amount of players was set to 14 but seeing as it was running fine with that I upped the limit to 25 players. What would you say about that amount? Is it fine or too much?

Question: Is 25 people the amount that can have access to the server or the amount that can be online at once?

Question: Is 25 people the amount that can have access to the server or the amount that can be online at once?

It supported 25 people overall, however I have put down the numbers a bit due to lag lately.

Hey I wouldn't mind getting in on this, been looking for a small server to watch grow over time. 

Cool man, I have seen you on the players list, glad you have joined us a few times, sorry for any server hiccups, still new to all this and getting the kinks ironed out. 

Hope to see you again!

where is the server located ? 

Norway.

Please increase cap on the server, I once signed off to switch characters and I got locked off the server and someone sacked my base before I could wall it off. Sadface.

That sounds awful man, really sorry about that, like I said im still new to all this server hosting and been experimenting lately with the population cap due to some lag being a problem, so I had to lower it to 13 for a bit.

I think 16 might be the sweet spot for the moment, so I upped it to that.

Anyway, I have been doing some maintenance on the server computer today and also have done a soft server wipe to hopefully help out with any lag issues as well.

Yeah man, I just been doing some testing here and there, with diffferent computers, I want the server to run as smooth as possible but its proving to be a bit of a challenge, however I think I might have it down now...

How has the server performance been for you by the way? Also, I am considering doing a soft wipe right now, if any of you have stuff you want saved, you better get it on your character as soon as possible so you dont lose them. The safe house and any changes that you have done will however stay.

Also, what do you all say that we play with the radio mod? It looks really interesting!  Think about it, no global chat, only local, but with the ability to use radios, record messages on cassettes and play them back through the radio!

Check it out:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8943-apcom-ham-radios-walkie-talkies-spmp/

• 2 weeks later...
Glad that you found some cool people to play with there Jack. However, I have a surprise for you all.

The server has lately been undergoing tests regarding the ApCom radio mod from TurboTuTone that I mentioned a few posts back. I am glad to announce that after a fair amount of testing, everything seems to be working in order with build 29.4.

Initially it didn't quite work due to what seems to have been issues with folder locations on the latest stable build, 29.4, and there had to be done some changes regarding that in order to make it work.

Its all smooth sailing from now on.

-----------------------------------------------ApCom Radio Mod Installation---------------------------------------------------------------

A friend and I have been working on an installer for the mod so that the installation process is as easy as possible and with no complicated steps, in order to make a smooth install for anyone interested in our server.

Anyways, here is the link for the installer:

These are the simple steps in order to install the mod:

1) Make sure that Project Zomboid is closed.

2) Double click on "Install ApCom - Radio Mod". Don't worry, no viruses at all. We promise. 

3)Run Project Zomboid. Once on the menu, close the game, then start the game up again. 

4)Enjoy!

Its as simple as that! Be aware that when you wish to play in other servers that do not use the ApCom radio mod, you will need to run the uninstaller, which is of course included in the link up there.

------------------------------------------------Playing with the ApCom Radio Mod----------------------------------------------------------

1-There are 12 different frequencies to use.

The standard that we will use is 3.725 so its easier to get in touch but you are free to use any you want.

2-There are different walkie talkies, with different ranges.

5-You must equip the radio as secondary.

3-You need a battery for the for the walkie talkies.

4-Be sure to turn the radio on.

5-Once you have a radio with battery, turned on and equipped as a secondary, press "T" for local chat and what you write will be sent through the radio on the frequency that you chose.

There is a HAM radio to be found, cassettes and cassette recorders. You can record on the tapes and play them through the HAM radio on a loop if you want.

For more info, here is the link of the ApCom radio mod from its creator, TurboTuTone:

TurboTuTone is now part of the PZ dev team, so hopefully we can see this awesome mod becoming a part of the official game soon, like what happened with the erosion system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...