Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

I'm not a long standing Hydrocraft user, only played with it on Redboid server and seen/read about it online, but shouldn't it be more of finding a dedicated graphical person who will make new graphics for the "HD" version? All the inventory items and recipes should stay untouched. Also I've seen a lot of people (me included) not liking everything with the style of Hydrocraft not fitting PZ, so it may be a good moment to make it more fitting? I've seen a really good work being put in the graphics lately (yes I'm thinking of you, @Cyrrent Eiledoll :P)

Also, it's worth noting that Hydrocraft probably would see a need for drastic changes as the game evolves anyway, for example by the time Zomboid will oficially get proper animal hunting system implemented.

2 hours ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

RIPt in peace this mod, It was fun, But the amount of work that will need to go into creating higher quality sprites and such will likely be to much. Let's hope it doesn't get abandoned.

We may have gotten a head start. ;) Lets just say i knew of the surprise ahead of time.

Edited by Hydromancerx

4 hours ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

RIPt in peace this mod, It was fun, But the amount of work that will need to go into creating higher quality sprites and such will likely be to much. Let's hope it doesn't get abandoned.

you / anyone can help providing art for the mod ;)

8 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Hydrocraft v5.7 has been released!

snipt

I cant load 5.7, the game freeze at loading time without ANY log error.

The game freeze after "reloading lua" msg. The only mod that I load is Hydrocraft.

NOTE: why there's no new variables to translate? I read a lot of new items but no new vars...

3 hours ago, francogp said:

Can you list those objects?

Unfortunately I can't really, as like I said I barely played it, but it's generally most of the items that rely on being placed on ground I think - ovens, animals... Generally something's off graphic-wise each time I see the screens, but it's the complexity of the mod that cause it. However, some, especially recent items, seems to be improved from what I see being posted over here, so that's why I hope the graphical change will be only for good to the mod :)

2 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

Unfortunately I can't really, as like I said I barely played it, but it's generally most of the items that rely on being placed on ground I think - ovens, animals... Generally something's off graphic-wise each time I see the screens, but it's the complexity of the mod that cause it. However, some, especially recent items, seems to be improved from what I see being posted over here, so that's why I hope the graphical change will be only for good to the mod :)

The main problem, is that you can't mod movable object like the kitchen/oven or similar. Everyone should ask the DEVS to implement a way to mod objects like the kitchen/oven (you can place, rotate, and COLLISION with that). 

3 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

The main problem is that all the new graphics are twice as big. Which means we need to make ours twice as big. I can see why it took Mash so long for her secret mission because everything had to be redone. However we are lucky that all the 32x32 stuff can stay the same. Only the stuff bigger that can be dropped need to be redone. However it is not as easy as just making them bigger. It also means putting the detail into them. Which takes awhile.

For awhile i thought that TIS was trying to kill the mod with this and the Nutrition system all at the same time. But i know its for the better good of the base game. Sadly we are stuck in a limbo period where i cannot update yet because of the people not using IWBUMS. So sorry guys who are on theta branch. Eventually the mod will catch up with all the new updates. However we could use all the help we can get involving the new art and new nutrition system. So if you want to help please let us know.

9 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

However we could use all the help we can get involving the new art and new nutrition system. So if you want to help please let us know.

Not sure if it helps, but since I never posted it in this thread, I made a list of food items in the latest branches with all their parameters, including nutritional values (with a few handy calculated parameters, such as how many calories a food serves per hunger or caloric point or how long it lasts from fresh to rotten combined). The list is made by hand by based on the parametrs from the game (with the help of simple regex searches to find the food items) and I keep it updated for the few last versions. It's for the items from vanilla only (no hydrocraft or any other mods included), but it may be helpful in updating hydrocraft food items, especially after balancing fixes come into place (so far mostly foraged goods had it's balance tweaks).

In any case, here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSJsuqkqmEhjus0ay2bW4dbD79Xx399eOtLE26omaGs/edit#gid=751670255

You should be able to sort things without the edit rights, but there's also a possibility to make a copy (and download it for use with Excel, Libre/OpenOffice's Calc or other text editor or even export it to CSV) if you need to. Let me know if it helps, and if there's any mistakes/something is missing or want something added.

11 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

I'm changing ResizeWorldIcon= in items.txt to accept a scale like this so the graphics are the right size for the current IWBUMS:

ResizeWorldIcon = 2.0,
  Reveal hidden contents

ResizeWorldIcon.png

Yeah i was aware of this too ahead of time. Without actually having a working version to test with we were not sure how bad our icons would look made bigger using that code. In short this will have to be the first step until we can make them look nicer. Thanks again for adding that code.

Edited by Hydromancerx

1 hour ago, Faalagorn said:

Not sure if it helps, but since I never posted it in this thread, I made a list of food items in the latest branches with all their parameters, including nutritional values (with a few handy calculated parameters, such as how many calories a food serves per hunger or caloric point or how long it lasts from fresh to rotten combined). The list is made by hand by based on the parametrs from the game (with the help of simple regex searches to find the food items) and I keep it updated for the few last versions. It's for the items from vanilla only (no hydrocraft or any other mods included), but it may be helpful in updating hydrocraft food items, especially after balancing fixes come into place (so far mostly foraged goods had it's balance tweaks).

In any case, here it is:

Hidden Content

You should be able to sort things without the edit rights, but there's also a possibility to make a copy (and download it for use with Excel, Libre/OpenOffice's Calc or other text editor or even export it to CSV) if you need to. Let me know if it helps, and if there's any mistakes/something is missing or want something added.

I have someone working on the food right now. She says she is about half done. There are still some issues but i think its going well.

One issue is what to do about the calories of the big animal carcasses. There seem to be like a 4000 calorie limit she says. And a whole deer or bear is WAY over that.

Edited by Hydromancerx

11 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

One issue is what to do about the calories of the big animal carcasses. There seem to be like a 4000 calorie limit she says. And a whole deer or bear is WAY over that.

PM RJ and see what he can do about it I guess - the nutrition build is still in early version anyway. If it's impossible, then probably have the requirement to split the animal on less parts before allowing to eat it or use in recipe and add a properly adjusted value there, whie keeping the max value on the main item "just in case" (probably with a comment, just to know future editors that you hit the limit there)

6 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Yep, you can eat a whole animal carcass in one meal (IRL)... It must be mandatory to SPLIT the animal in smaller parts to be eaten. The mechanic should be changed or refined to achieve that.

A humble suggestion from a computer illiterate newb.

Yeast cultures! MAKE YOUR OWN YEAST!

In real life making yeast is easy so I will list the steps then the steps I think might work in hydrocraft.

1. Get a "starter" a starter in real life could be almost any veggie or fruit but some specific starters you can use in hydrocraft are...

APPLES, GRAPES,ORANGES, POTATOES.

2. Smash starter into a mush and wrap it in a cheese cloth, in hydrocraft I would suggest....

have hammer or stone hammer, cheese cloth and STARTER from step one. I suggest this gives you a new item called YEAST CULTURE

3. Feed the "Starter". in real life you would over time be adding 1 cup flour and 1 cup water to the mix so that the yeast can keep growing. in hydrocraft I suggest this means that you would use a unit of flour and a unit of water along with the YEAST CULTURE to create 1 new yeast. This should be time consuming

In conclusion i think this would close a loop as flour and water is renewable and yeast is not, I think the time should be as long if not longer then the time it takes to salt meat . Sourdough starters set a good example for the the possible outlines used in a hypothetical yeast culture item,

Edited by Robshaw

13 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

PM RJ and see what he can do about it I guess - the nutrition build is still in early version anyway. If it's impossible, then probably have the requirement to split the animal on less parts before allowing to eat it or use in recipe and add a properly adjusted value there, whie keeping the max value on the main item "just in case" (probably with a comment, just to know future editors that you hit the limit there)

I sent an PM to him and talked to him. The I talked with my coder and i think we will just make the carcasses 0 hunger and nutrition. That way they have to butcher it to get anything from it. And it can still rot.This seems like the best way to implement things.

On 3/4/2016 at 4:31 PM, zomboid123 said:

So mash's secret art project was a complete art overhaul and it's not just higher quality, they seem to be ditching the old sims style skeumorphic look and have gone with a comic book style for the new art. The hydrocraft stuff was all done in the old style... Looks like updating the food for the new nutrition system was the least of your worries m8.

Woot they change the graphic style ??? Is there any that we can glipse at? I will have to re do the mods graphics