Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hey, first I want to say that I enjoy playing your mod :D It's great fun and adds so much more stuff to do that it's overhelming at times.

I don't know anything about modding PZ, but when I noticed that survival axe cant be used by clicking on a tree, I went to check game files. And I found that:

function ISChopTreeAction:isValid()
    return (self.tree ~= nil and self.tree:getObjectIndex() >= 0 and
            self.character:CanAttack() and
            self.character:getPrimaryHandItem() ~= nil and
            (self.character:getPrimaryHandItem():getType() == "Axe" or self.character:getPrimaryHandItem():getType() == "AxeStone"))
end

It's located in media/lua/client/TimedActions

Don't know if it's any help, but I wanted to share.

Hey, first I want to say that I enjoy playing your mod :D It's great fun and adds so much more stuff to do that it's overhelming at times.

I don't know anything about modding PZ, but when I noticed that survival axe cant be used by clicking on a tree, I went to check game files. And I found that:

function ISChopTreeAction:isValid()

return (self.tree ~= nil and self.tree:getObjectIndex() >= 0 and

self.character:CanAttack() and

self.character:getPrimaryHandItem() ~= nil and

(self.character:getPrimaryHandItem():getType() == "Axe" or self.character:getPrimaryHandItem():getType() == "AxeStone"))

end

It's located in media/lua/client/TimedActions

Don't know if it's any help, but I wanted to share.

pretty sure because the referenced axe is a standard red axe, and stone axe is referencing raw axe made from foraging. doesnt look like survival axe is referenced, so it prob why it cant chop trees

Just noticed another thing missing in HCLoading, Hydro (current version, this time :P ) - no HCRollerskates. There's pngs for them, so i'm guessing they slipped through the cracks.

They are unfinished. They were suppose to increase your speed when worn but nothing came of it from my lua guy.

curing game meats should last waaay longer than 5 days.......you shouldnt even cook it until its been curing a week or two irl so that makes no sense...

edit: just discovered you can salt ham.....twice?? makes it last way longer but.....im so confused

Huh?

item HCSaltedham    {        HungerChange        =    -20,        BoredomChange        =    -5,        UnhappyChange        =    -8,        StressChange        =    0,        ThirstChange        =    15,        Weight            =    0.3,        Type            =    Food,        DisplayName        =    Salted Ham,        Icon            =    HCSaltedham,        DaysTotallyRotten    =    200,        DaysFresh        =    120,    }

Stays fresh for 120 days and rots in 200 days. Not sure where you are getting 5 days?

say i kill a pig. the fresh ham when cured becomes ham, which rots in 5 according to hydro wiki. salt it AGAIN to get salted ham

That's because it is turning it into the Base Game Ham.

Just noticed another thing missing in HCLoading, Hydro (current version, this time :P ) - no HCRollerskates. There's pngs for them, so i'm guessing they slipped through the cracks.

They are unfinished. They were suppose to increase your speed when worn but nothing came of it from my lua guy.

curing game meats should last waaay longer than 5 days.......you shouldnt even cook it until its been curing a week or two irl so that makes no sense...

edit: just discovered you can salt ham.....twice?? makes it last way longer but.....im so confused

Huh?

item HCSaltedham    {        HungerChange        =    -20,        BoredomChange        =    -5,        UnhappyChange        =    -8,        StressChange        =    0,        ThirstChange        =    15,        Weight            =    0.3,        Type            =    Food,        DisplayName        =    Salted Ham,        Icon            =    HCSaltedham,        DaysTotallyRotten    =    200,        DaysFresh        =    120,    }

Stays fresh for 120 days and rots in 200 days. Not sure where you are getting 5 days?

say i kill a pig. the fresh ham when cured becomes ham, which rots in 5 according to hydro wiki. salt it AGAIN to get salted ham

That's because it is turning it into the Base Game Ham.

i get that, i just dont understand why it has to go through that process. beef doesnt have a process like that, ham seems to be the only one

Oh, ok. I didn't even consider they might be wearable, i thought they were generic toys (just for show). I see no problem adding them as such. ;)

BTW, i've made a tiny little mod of my own which adds Cigarette Packs and the ability to box/unbox all those cigarettes you find lying around. Being a smoker myself, i just can't resist grabbing them all  :blush: and i end up having to wait for a loooong long time whenever i bring home the latest haul and start storing them by the hundreds. Also, it's a pet peeve for me that they have no weight in-game.

So, anyway, if you think it would make an interesting addition to HC, i'd be honored :D

The only thing not included is loot insertion. There's already too many cigs around the map, and i don't know how to make changes to the vanilla SuburbsDistributions that won't force that lua to be manually updated with every PZ release. If there is a way to replace just the cigarette insertion without touching the vanilla file, i'd love to know.

EDIT: obligatory preview

FtoLlMd.jpg

As a side note, am i the only one who thinks packing stuff into boxes should consume paper and glue (or something else apart from magic to make the actual box)?

Thank you!

I can not wait. I decided myself to fix bugs.

\ Zomboid \ mods \ Hydrocraft \ media \ scripts \ Industrial.tht

recipe Make Thermocouple Wire

{

HCWireconstantan=5,

HCWirecopper=5,

keep HCTongs,

keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,

keep HCWeldingmask,

HCWeldingset,

keep HCRollingmillsmall,

CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,

Result:HCThermocouplewire, - bug (Result:HCWirethermocouple - correctly)

NeedToBeLearn:true,

Time:100,

Category:Blacksmithing,

}

recipe Make Thermocouple

{

SkillRequired:Electrical=3, - bug (I learned Electrical 10 and not work - I deleted this line)

HCWirethermocouple=5,

ElectronicsScrap=4,

Screws=4,

HCCalculator,

keep Screwdriver,

keep HCWorkgloves,

keep HCPliers,

Result:HCThermocouple,

Time:300,

Category:Electrical,

}

\ Zomboid \ mods \ Hydrocraft \ media \ scripts \ Stoneworking.txt

recipe Upgrade Stamp Mill

{

SkillRequired:Electrical=5, - bug (I learned Electrical 10 and not work - I deleted this line)

Generator,

HCStampmillcrank,

Result:HCStampmillgen,

Time:1000,

Category:Electrical,

}

\ Zomboid \ mods \ Hydrocraft \ media \ scripts \ Weapons Ranged.txt

recipe Craft Rocket Launcher

{

SkillRequired:Electrical=5, - bug (I learned Electrical 10 and not work - I deleted this line)

HCSteelingot=2,

Charcoal=2,

Water=10,

HCLargesheetmetal,

Lighter=32,

ElectronicsScrap,

Screws=4,

DuctTape=2,

HCWeldingset,

keep HCWeldingmask,

keep HCSteamhammer,

keep HCTongs,

keep HCWorkgloves,

keep Screwdriver,

Result:HCRocketlauncher,

Time:4000.0,

Category:Engineer,

}

Turns out its suppose to be "Electricity" not "Electrical". Oops!

Where to find ? (in Hydrocraft 4.4)

Empty Blue Barrel
Dynamo
Methylamin
Phenylacetic Acid

(Broken Dead mod - very interesting mod, but there's a lot of bugs and imbalance)

My offers creator: metal detector - used to do less for 1 battery

ps.I know - do not go with their suggestions, the creator of mod is more visible)

Is the shift dirt function bugged? Me and another player are unable to get it to work.

Also you can use survival axes to take trees down, just attack them like you would a door.

i had to change NeedToBeLearn:true to NeedToBeLearn:false in zomboid/mods/hydrocraft/media scripts/mining under the sift dirt recipe to get it to work. the book says it teaches you the recipe but it doesnt, or something. my recipe now looks like this:

recipe Sift Dirt

{
    Dirtbag,
    HCColander,
    Result:HCColander,
    NeedToBeLearn:false,
    Time:100,
    Category:Survivalist,
    OnCreate:HCSiftDirt,
    }

but it works fine now

Where to find ? (in Hydrocraft 4.4)

Empty Blue Barrel

Dynamo

Methylamin

Phenylacetic Acid

(Broken Dead mod - very interesting mod, but there's a lot of bugs and imbalance)

My offers creator: metal detector - used to do less for 1 battery

ps.I know - do not go with their suggestions, the creator of mod is more visible)

Dynamo = Dismantling Bicycles

Phenylacetic Acid = Metal Detector / Junkyard

Methylamin = Don't remember. May not be possible.

Empty Blue Barrel = May also not be applied yet.

Note all 4 of these are from the Breaking Dead mod and not all of the mod was added yet.

Is the shift dirt function bugged? Me and another player are unable to get it to work.

Also you can use survival axes to take trees down, just attack them like you would a door.

Its currently broken in the book. But will be fixed for next update.

HC has a CD Case (empty/full) with a recipe to insert/remove CD from it. It also has a DVD and a DVD Case, but only an empty one. No recipe to insert/remove DVD (since there's no full item). It's a pretty futile thing but a very easy thing to mod (my favorite kind of modding), so i wouldn't mind filling in that void, if you'd care to have it, Hydro. Give me the go ahead and i'll send you a rar like last time.

EDIT: Sorry, had nothing better to do today:

HWGgMXw.png HCDVDCasefull

PS: I just realized the icon is very different from the original empty HCDVDCase. Here's an alternative one.

A couple of general questions:

1) How do people usually raise their electronic skills? Vanilla, i think the only way was take apart video games and stuff. Does HC add a new way?

2) Water Pump - What is this used for? I can't seem to get it to actually pump from the river.

3) Is there any way to refill empty Welding Gas Tanks? If not, what do i do when i run out? just hope to find more in crates?

4) Where do i find chickens and rabbits to fill my hutch and chicken coop?

1) How do people usually raise their electronic skills? Vanilla, i think the only way was take apart video games and stuff. Does HC add a new way?

2) Water Pump - What is this used for? I can't seem to get it to actually pump from the river.

3) Is there any way to refill empty Welding Gas Tanks? If not, what do i do when i run out? just hope to find more in crates?

1. im fairly sure the electronics skill is only raised as it is in vanilla. hc adds a few new ways to gain sprinting strength foraging etc, but not many skills have new methods.

2. water pump (with the windmill and well and all) to gain an unending water source, that ONLY fills wooden buckets, which you then use to fill everything else. great for when the water cuts off.

3. welding tanks cannot be refilled, sadly. ive never found one from the metal detector or junkyard either, but i cant rule that possibility out. hyrdo will have to answer that one for finality.

4. female and male rabbits for a rabbit hutch can be found in cages in garages and such. chickens must be hatched and fed to adulthood from wil chicken egss found at foraging level 10.

1. Yes there are more items you can dismantle for electronics skills such as calculators and toy robots. I plan to add more in the future.

2. You need a water bucket. Its getting the water from underground so no need for a river.

3. Yes you need to give it a new Welding tank. But the Torch and Hose do not need to be replaced.

4. Rabbits in cages or in fields. Chickens by foraging for feral chicken eggs.

may i suggest making the soap and stuff for cleaning towels have a number of uses other than one? its kinda silly to use a full jug of shampoo or a bar of soap washing one towel, and makes washing them un neededly difficult for such a small return xp wise on the machines we use

Hydrocraft v4.5 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Portuguese Textbook Spelling

- Fixed Mining Gypsum

- Fixed Gathering Radish

- Fixed Powered Treadmill

- Fixed Geology Book

- Fixed Jute Seed Foraging

- Fixed Constantan Wire name

- Tweaked Odd Meat

- Fixed Water Pump recipe.

- Blender can use Batteries now

- Metal Detector Power greatly reduced

- Rice Cooker Power reduced

- Fixed Electrical Skill requirements for many recipes.

- Can Craft Saw and Hammer now

- Fixed many broken recipes and blueprints

- Magnetite and Meteorites can be smelted for Iron now.

- Fixed Barrel of Grape Juice

- Fixed Potato Mash recipie

- More progress on seeds (still not complete)

- Add 5 Spiked Flails and a Stone Flail

- Added Quarterstaff

- Added Vendor Upgrade

- Added in KAS Fertilizer and fixed Ammonal spelling

- Added War Doberman!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!