Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Okay then. Since we're at the consensus to create an ALL NEW wiki...let's have some input on the new web address then.

• pz.hydrocraft.wikia.com?
  • projectzomboid-hydrocraft.wikia.com?
  • hydrocraftmod.wikia.com?

Input your suggestions folks!

I vote for pz.hydrocraft.wikia.com

Yeah, after discussion with Connall we thought that it's just going to get complicated if we have them together, and it'll get confusing for new players. Plus it sets a bit of a precedent for other mods too. As such I think we should have a bit of a separation of Church and State when it comes to the vanilla wiki and ones for mods.

We can still link it from relevant places though, and as I mentioned in the mail I can cover it in Mondoid to help get it going and the PZ image usage is absolutely fine.

Okay then. Since we're at the consensus to create an ALL NEW wiki...let's have some input on the new web address then.

I spoke to Will at TIS, and he is wanting to know, if it's able, if we would be interested in having the hydrocraft wiki hosted in a subsection on the PZ wiki. I don't think he knows for sure if it's doable or not, but says he will ask around.

So, i guess we will see how that pans out before finding a site?

Also, he mentioned that using PZ vanilla assets is perfectly fine in regards to their terms and conditions as long as nobody was making money off of it, which i assured him, is not what we're doing.

Another thing, he wants to know if adding it to Mondoid would be of any help, and i mentioned it would be great once we get a basic shell set up.

Thoughts?

Subbing it to the main wiki is a great idea since we can just link original items and insert our own item table as well. It's all up to admin and if they're willing to accommodate us and if community players are willing to contribute. I know it's a touchy subject when someone else's work ends up on your own wiki.

Adding it to Mondoid would be nice for exposure but I'm pretty sure Hydro and the coding crew already have their work cut out for them unless they're willing to split a workload. And I'm pretty sure they don't wanna spread it around so much and not have Quality Control etc.

Sub-main wiki would be easiest to manage. At least there for the articles and recipes will be able to be corrected quickly and easily.

I don't know if Will responded yet, but for the sake of speeding up what you're trying to do. Hydrocraft will most likely not have a subsection on the main wiki.

Welp. We have our response ladies and gents! Our work begins.

I've added a post on the subreddit for input as well. AFAIK - Wiki creation is free and all it takes is the templates I'm guessing. I've only had experience with editing and not creation so this is a learning experience for me as well.

So we're looking at Sunday 01 November 2015 for our name decision?

can someone tell me where i have to copy the hydrocraft files on a rented server, pls? it's very annoying...

i tried:

zomboid/profile/zomboid/server/

zomboid/profile/zomboid/server/hydrocraft/

zomboid/profile/zomboid/server/mods/hydrocraft

zomboid/profile/zomboid/multiplayer/mods/hydrocraft

zomboid/steamapps/workshop/content/108600/498441420/mods/hydrocraft (same path on hdd)

regards,

Armitage

Yeah, after discussion with Connall we thought that it's just going to get complicated if we have them together, and it'll get confusing for new players. Plus it sets a bit of a precedent for other mods too. As such I think we should have a bit of a separation of Church and State when it comes to the vanilla wiki and ones for mods.

We can still link it from relevant places though, and as I mentioned in the mail I can cover it in Mondoid to help get it going and the PZ image usage is absolutely fine.

I spoke to Will at TIS, and he is wanting to know, if it's able, if we would be interested in having the hydrocraft wiki hosted in a subsection on the PZ wiki. I don't think he knows for sure if it's doable or not, but says he will ask around.

So, i guess we will see how that pans out before finding a site?

Also, he mentioned that using PZ vanilla assets is perfectly fine in regards to their terms and conditions as long as nobody was making money off of it, which i assured him, is not what we're doing.

Another thing, he wants to know if adding it to Mondoid would be of any help, and i mentioned it would be great once we get a basic shell set up.

Thoughts?

Subbing it to the main wiki is a great idea since we can just link original items and insert our own item table as well. It's all up to admin and if they're willing to accommodate us and if community players are willing to contribute. I know it's a touchy subject when someone else's work ends up on your own wiki.

Adding it to Mondoid would be nice for exposure but I'm pretty sure Hydro and the coding crew already have their work cut out for them unless they're willing to split a workload. And I'm pretty sure they don't wanna spread it around so much and not have Quality Control etc.

Sub-main wiki would be easiest to manage. At least there for the articles and recipes will be able to be corrected quickly and easily.

I don't know if Will responded yet, but for the sake of speeding up what you're trying to do. Hydrocraft will most likely not have a subsection on the main wiki.

Welp. We have our response ladies and gents! Our work begins.

I've added a post on the subreddit for input as well. AFAIK - Wiki creation is free and all it takes is the templates I'm guessing. I've only had experience with editing and not creation so this is a learning experience for me as well.

So we're looking at Sunday 01 November 2015 for our name decision?

Sounds good.

Do we have to pay to rent a site or something? I've no experience with this kind of thing either.

Is it possible to craft nails? Can't find a recipe for it

From nailgun ammo and need hammer

Yeah i know, but was wondering if i can craft it from metal or smth. 

Yes, you first need to make nail molds at the kiln with clay. It's under Pottery. Making nails is under blacksmithing, and requires iron ingots as well as the usual smithing items at a smelter. (toongs, charcoal, ignition source, gloves)

To learn to make iron nails you need the Iron Working book as well as Pottery

so.....can i suggest something? maybe making bags of trash? it does seem counter productive to have to use so many making a junkyard just to open a bag and look inside.....so maybe that system should be completely reworked? maybe add the items as trash loot table items instead of random chance from a junkyard. i just cant get over how silly it is to need something like that to look inside a thin plastic bag. Absolutely love this mod though....

on another token, is it normal to keep old smithy hammers when going up a tier in metal? like needing a copper smithy hammer to make an iron, but keeping the hammer afterwards? just seems odd, when an iron hammer is more than capable of hammering all types of metal. copper may be too soft, but surely iron is all that is needed....

last thing is i cant figure out how to make duct tape flething...im sure im missing something small....

best mod ever btw. so much more life in the game now

so.....can i suggest something? maybe making bags of trash? it does seem counter productive to have to use so many making a junkyard just to open a bag and look inside.....so maybe that system should be completely reworked? maybe add the items as trash loot table items instead of random chance from a junkyard. i just cant get over how silly it is to need something like that to look inside a thin plastic bag. Absolutely love this mod though....

The Junkyard stuff was taken from the Breaking Dead mod. We I will have to see what I can do to tweak it.

on another token, is it normal to keep old smithy hammers when going up a tier in metal? like needing a copper smithy hammer to make an iron, but keeping the hammer afterwards? just seems odd, when an iron hammer is more than capable of hammering all types of metal. copper may be too soft, but surely iron is all that is needed....

The DO work that way.

Copper items can be done with Copper, Bronze, Iron or Steel Smithy Hammers.

Bronze item can be done with Bronze, Iron or Steel Smithy Hammers.

Iron items can be done with Iron or Steel Smithy Hammers.

And steel items can only be done by Steel Smithy Hammers.

That's extremely useful - and a chilling reminder of how many recipes I haven't experimented with yet.

The Junkyard stuff was taken from the Breaking Dead mod. We I will have to see what I can do to tweak it.

As an interim measure, maybe a recipe to let players turn one large box of trash into two or more small bags of trash?

In the longer term, it'd be nice to be able to go out with garbage bags and remove some of the litter tiles generated by the game's erosion generator, replacing them with the original tiles and making bags of trash.

The Idea behind the Junkyard was more ... grab a Bag ... run run run ... empty it out on a safe place and sort it.

More like an professional recyling company than a stressed survivor on the run.

The size of the Junkyard symbolize the efficience of the recycling process.

On the small you empty out a bag ... on the Large you empty out but can better sort and handle the large trash items.

The Junkyard itself was never planned as an full alternativ too loot runs.

(i must say the balance in BD was very bad when i now take a look on it)

it like all stuff in PZ ... why build a bed when i can sleep on a chair. Why plant all thoose plants when i can eat worms and bugs ... its just for the feeling (and to have the chance to get some rare items you have missed on the loot run).

Some of the larger Buildings in BD needs very special items and the Junkyard/metalsearch should give every player the chance to build everything. Hmm i think it works a little bit like theese Computermoney/Gems/Special Items in Browsergames. But instead of Gems or Money you spend some Trash and get an Item that will fit to the energy you have invested in building the large Junkyard. 

The Junkyard should not be such an importend Item in the Game. See it like a Joker when you stuck in your Homebase and need some Metalparts or a broken Bike ;)

You can say Junkyard Roulette in the Zombie Apokalypse ;)

At least the Junkyard was only a refference to the Breaking Bad Junkyard and the Magnet when i start with this mod.

But if you want we can make a seperate discussion about the Junkyard and the way it works in game. Then can everybody throw in some ideas and we can try to make the Junkyard a little bit better.

Alright, looks like we will have a look at evankimori's suggested site names.

So, just so i am understanding this, is it ok to link to the PZ wiki from the HC wiki for vanilla items?

EditOr at least use the images?

Yes. those are both completely fine. :)

Bugs on Gym Stuff:

I don't know if they have been fixed by 4.4 since I have not updated yet, but here are some bugs I found:

Tredmill and Weight Bench are not giving any exp. Is it something not shown on the UI or is it a bug? The Punching Bag gives exp on Nimble so I though the Tredmill would do it for Sprint,

I Have already reported on the wet towel and the Punching Bag, but it seems every Gym equipment does the same.

The Tredmill is lacking the "ResizeWorldIcon=True" on its powered Version.

Bugs on Gym Stuff:

I don't know if they have been fixed by 4.4 since I have not updated yet, but here are some bugs I found:

Tredmill and Weight Bench are not giving any exp. Is it something not shown on the UI or is it a bug? The Punching Bag gives exp on Nimble so I though the Tredmill would do it for Sprint,

I Have already reported on the wet towel and the Punching Bag, but it seems every Gym equipment does the same.

They should give the following ...

Archery Target = Aim

Punching Bag =  Nimble

Weights = Strength

Tredmill = Sprinting

The towel bug should be fixed in v4.4

I will fix the icon bug for next update. Thanks for reporting.

Bugs on Gym Stuff:

Archery Target = Aim

Punching Bag =  Nimble

Weights = Strength

Tredmill = Sprinting

Then, the Tredmill is bugged. I don't know about the Weight Bench, since I figure Strenght is not measurable in game and is not in the UI. I have used it about 20-30 times without seing any changes, though.

More bug reporting:

It seems Bone Powder, can't be made on the floor with the Lab, and you need to have it in your inventory. i don't know about the other powders, since I still have to test them.

The Item "HCAmmoniatray" has a wrong "ReplaceOnCooked". It points to BBAmmoniadry instead of "Hydrocraft.HCAmmoniadry". Also, the icon for de Dry Ammonia is misspelled (HCAmmonialdry, or something like that).

Aiming Target:

I also asked before about the Aiming Target needing the Archery Book and giving it as a result. Is it needed for a recipe to have an item as a result? If so, instead of needing the Archery Book, the result could be the Bullet Tips or the Arrow, or a broken version of them.

Also about the reloading skill, it could be posible to train it with some sort of "Practice BB Gun" which had to be reloaded before shooting.

Something like this:

BB Gun(6 rounds)-Shoot target with BB gun-->BB Gun (5 Rounds)-Shoot Target-->BBGun (4 Rounds)...........--->Unloaded BB Gun

Then:

Reload Unloaded BBGun-->BB Gun (1Round)-Reload--> BBGun (2 Round)-->...........-->BBGun (6 Rounds)

Edit: Is it possible to give Foraging EXP on minning and using the Metal Detector?

Bugs on Gym Stuff:

Archery Target = Aim

Punching Bag =  Nimble

Weights = Strength

Tredmill = Sprinting

What about Fitness? I started with a fat guy to get some positive traits I wanted and I run out of endurance a lot. I was hoping I could get in shape with the gym equipment :/

Then, the Tredmill is bugged. I don't know about the Weight Bench, since I figure Strenght is not measurable in game and is not in the UI. I have used it about 20-30 times without seing any changes, though.

Strength is measurable in the UI.

On the skills tab, at the top is an arrow, click it, and it shows your strength and fitness level. If you hover over the box after the yellow square, it tells you how far you are into gaining the next level.