Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

A few suggestions, can you add in like joints and more stuff to do with weed? maybe heroine or something.

maybe bongs? like gravity bongs and others.

and prosthetic limbs maybe?  

also cannibalism, maybe you could add in the ability to cut up corpses which could give people sickness which would slowly fade or make them more sick if they ate more? also add in unhappiness from it as well? maybe it could be different a zombie would infect the person and a human character wouldn't?

@BrokenMnemonic

I haven't made a recipe for making grated cheddar, but if you'd like me to do that and then add it to the recipes in the Mexican Food and Pizza Food scripts, let me know.

1. Yes I would like that.

2. I was looking at the base cheese recipe and I think we need to tweak it to mimic the Cheddar system. Can you work with Purple Hat and make a plain Mozzarella Cheese recipe for the base cheese? One that wil replace the existing plain cheese processing?

3. Can you work with Purple Hat to develop more types of cheese recipes too?

4. Let me know if you have other recipes you would like to add to the mod. I am always open to additions.

1. OK, easy part first: grated cheddar, and updating the recipes that use grated cheese. The cheese in game looks to be a pretty close match to cheddar to begin with, so I've assumed that they can easily be substituted for each other, although I'd expect cheddar to have a bit more flavour to it. The Grated Cheddar does need an icon made for it, although the generic grated cheese icon might work just as well, as a lot of cheddars tend towards being fairly pale. I love cheese...

From Food Pizza:

item HCGratedcheddar{        Type                    = Food,        DisplayName             = Grated Cheddar,        Icon                    = HCGratedcheddar,        Weight                  = 0.2,        HungerChange            = -20,        DaysFresh               = 14,        DaysTotallyRotten       = 20,        EvolvedRecipe           = Soup:6;Sandwich:6;Burger:6;Salad:6,}recipe Grate Cheddar{        keep HCCheesegrater,        HCCheddar,        Result:HCGratedcheddar,        Time:100,        Category:Cooking,}recipe Make Cheese Pizza	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=4,		HCBoringpizza,			HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar,		Result:HCSimplepizza,	   	Time:100.0,	   	Category:Cooking,	}recipe Make Tasty Pizza	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=4,		HCBoringpizza,		BellPepper/Broccoli/Leek/Eggplant/Pineapple/Avocado/MushroomGeneric1/MushroomGeneric2/MushroomGeneric3/MushroomGeneric4/MushroomGeneric5/MushroomGeneric6/MushroomGeneric7/HCSlicedonion/HCSlicedtomato/HCDriedtomatobag/HCCannedmushrooms,Chicken/TunaTinOpen/CannedSardinesOpen/Salmon/BaconRashers/BaconBits/FrogMeat/HCSlicedsalami/HCSlicedham/HCCannedspam/HCBellpeppergreen/HCBellpepperyellow/HCGarlic/HCMushroom/HCShiitake/HCCrab,		HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar,		Result:HCTastypizza,		Time:100.0,	   	Category:Cooking,	}

From Food Mexican:

recipe Make Nacho Cheese	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=2,       		Flour,       		Milk,       		Butter,		HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar/Processedcheese,		Bowl,		keep KitchenKnife,		Result:HCNachobowl,		Time:75.0,	   	Category:Cooking,	}recipe Make Quesadilla	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=1,       		HCTortillaflour,		HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar/Processedcheese,		Pan,		Result:HCQuesadillauncooked,		Time:75.0,	   	Category:Cooking,	}recipe Make Burrito	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=2,       		HCTortillaflour,		HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar/Processedcheese,		HCCannedrefriedbeansopen,		Pan,		Result:HCBurritouncooked,		Time:100.0,	   	Category:Cooking,	}recipe Make Burrito Grande	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=3,       		HCTortillaflour,		HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar/Processedcheese,		HCCannedrefriedbeansopen,		HCTacosaucebottle/HCTacosaucebowl,		HCGuacamolejar/HCGuacamolebowl,		HCSalsajar/HCSalsabowl/HCSalsagreenjar,		HCSourcream,		Pan,		Result:HCBurritogradeuncooked,		Time:150.0,	   	Category:Cooking,		OnCreate:HCRecipeBowls,	}recipe Make Taco	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=2,       		HCTortillacorn,		HCCookingoil,		MeatPatty/Chicken,		HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar/Processedcheese,		Lettuce,		HCSlicedtomato,		HCSlicedonion,		HCTacosaucebottle/HCTacosaucebowl,		Pan,		Result:HCTacocornuncooked,		Time:100.0,	   	Category:Cooking,		OnCreate:HCRecipeBowls,	}recipe Make Soft Taco	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=2,       		HCTortillaflour,		HCCookingoil,		MeatPatty/Chicken,		HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar/Processedcheese,		Lettuce,		HCSlicedtomato,		HCSlicedonion,		HCTacosaucebottle/HCTacosaucebowl,		Pan,		Result:HCTacoflouruncooked,		Time:100.0,	   	Category:Cooking,		OnCreate:HCRecipeBowls,	}recipe Make Enchilada	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=3,       		HCTortillacorn=4,		HCCookingoil,		HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar/Processedcheese,		MeatPatty/Chicken,		HCTacosaucebottle/HCTacosaucebowl,		HCSourcream,		RoastingPan,		Result:HCEnchiladauncooked,		Time:150.0,	   	Category:Cooking,		OnCreate:HCRecipeBowls,	}recipe Make Stuffed Bell Pepper	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=4,       		HCBellpeppergreen,		HCTomatosaucebowl,		HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar/Processedcheese,		HCRicebowl,		Result:HCStuffedbellpeppergreen,		Time:100.0,	   	Category:Cooking,		OnCreate:HCRecipeBowls,	}recipe Make Stuffed Bell Pepper	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=4,       		BellPepper,		HCTomatosaucebowl,		HCGratedcheese/HCGratedcheddar/Processedcheese,		HCRicebowl,		Result:HCStuffedbellpepperred,		Time:100.0,	   	Category:Cooking,		OnCreate:HCRecipeBowls,	}recipe Make Stuffed Bell Pepper	{       		SkillRequired:Cooking=4,       		HCBellpepperyellow,		HCTomatosaucebowl,		HCGratedcheese/Processedcheese,		HCRicebowl,		Result:HCStuffedbellpepperyellow,		Time:100.0,	   	Category:Cooking,		OnCreate:HCRecipeBowls,	}

2. I'm happy to tweak the generic cheese-making recipes - the standard recipes already generate the curd that's needed to make both kinds of cheese, so I think the only differences are in the way it's aged. I know Man In the Purple Hat has been looking into cheese production already - if someone can detail the process for me, I'll happily whip up the recipes as needed.

3. There are a few bits and pieces I'd like to add to the game, although mostly it's stuff that involves fiddling around with methods to make items that you've already coded up - I'd like to be able to make road flares, for example, and steel pipes. Although I'm slightly biased with the latter - I don't think NoMIS will ever get his water pump if there isn't a way to manufacture steel pipes ;) I'd like to add in a simple pole lathe to go with the carpentry table, so that some wood-turning recipes become possible - things like making bowls, and legs for fancier chair designs, assuming that build 33 adds additional designs of furniture along with allowing us to move existing objects.

I'm not sure what you're planning on the metalwork side of the house, but I think it could be interesting to allow players to construct metalworking lathes so that they can make screws, drillbits and other such items, although a manual lathe would take a lot longer to make items with than a powered lathe. I think there's also the potential for adding recipes that involve casting items out of metal, including possibly tools, although I'm not sure how that would affect game balance.

I'd like to do more on the chemistry front, too - like the ability to set up and dismantle things like reflux condensors and distillation equipment, so that liquids can be seperated and chemicals crystallised out of solutions. That would be more complicated though, and it would need things like a battery or electricity-powered water bath. It would also ideally need things like the ability to generate various acids, both for cleaning the glassware and as chemical reagants, and some recipes are downright dangerous if you don't have access to a fume cupboard (or maybe a hazmat suit with breathing apparatus) so I'm not sure how much potential there is for development there.

I'd also like to add more cheeses :) I'd love to be able to make a good four-cheese pizza to take the edge off the apocalypse.

4. I'm back at work from next week, but I should still be able to get some work done if there's anything I can help with.

I finally found two chicken eggs, incubate tried:

ERROR:ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find Hydrocraft.HCChickenbabymale

ERROR:ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find Hydrocraft.HCChickenbabyfemale

:cry:

Yikes! Sorry about that. Is fixed now for the next update.

3. There are a few bits and pieces I'd like to add to the game, although mostly it's stuff that involves fiddling around with methods to make items that you've already coded up - I'd like to be able to make road flares, for example, and steel pipes. Although I'm slightly biased with the latter - I don't think NoMIS will ever get his water pump if there isn't a way to manufacture steel pipes ;) I'd like to add in a simple pole lathe to go with the carpentry table, so that some wood-turning recipes become possible - things like making bowls, and legs for fancier chair designs, assuming that build 33 adds additional designs of furniture along with allowing us to move existing objects.

Steel Pipe making is already added for this week. ;)

What kind of ideas do you have for homemade road flares?

Steel Pipe making is already added for this week. ;)

What kind of ideas do you have for homemade road flares?

It depends on how close we want to get to modern road flares, as compared to more primitive signal flares. You can make a signal flare using sugar, potassium nitrate, a fuse, and a container. The container can be almost any kind of tube with one sealed end - battery casings, sealed metal pipes, cardboard tubes, and the like. It would be possible to generate suitable one-use flare casings in various ways.

Where it gets more complicated is how much smoke you want the flare to generate, and what colours you want, and how intense you want the flare to be. A modern road flare that burns red has a lot of strontium nitrate in it. Strontium is pretty common in mineral form, but getting the strontium out is... tricky. You need to keep strontium in salt form, or keep it in something like mineral oil (like lithium) to avoid it burning on contact with air or water. You could use other things to make other colours - copper salts will make a flare burn green, for example. So I'd start out with finding a way to make potassium nitrate, then have a recipe for a basic flare, and then make use of a lab to make more complicated chemical additives that could be added to basic flares to make more advanced flares.

I have no idea what the in-game benefits of those might be, but either way it could be fun. Or explosive.

How do you prepare ducks for eating? There doesn't seem to be a "skin duck" recipe that I can find. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, should have looked a bit harder before asking, lol. 

Edit 2:

I have taken a bit of time to make a compatibility patch for Hydrocraft that allows the use of ORGM weapons/ammo in the hunting recipes. I am not sure if there are any other incompatibilities; if there are, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to resolve them. This does NOT disable the original Hydrocraft recipes, so if for whatever reason you decide to stop using ORGM, you won't have to reinstall Hydrocraft. Enjoy!  :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa8cftchl68qlq2/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v1.rar?dl=0

hmm i know more about making improvised explosives but i try to help if you want. You can extract many more chemials from all around you. For example Hydrogen Peroxide from Haircolor or like in the Meth recipe Lithium and Phosphor from Batteries and Matches.

Simple take a look to the real Anarchist Cookbook ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchist_Cookbook

What is your work around for this?

But aren't your Fridges actually placable objects and not a "bag"? Like on the ground it acts like a crate then you pick it up and it acts like a bag and then when you place it down i act like a crate again. Correct?

item InFridge	{		WeightReduction    	=    40,		Weight    			=    100,		Type    			=    Container,		Capacity    		=    50,		DisplayName    		=    Fricking Heavy Fridge,		Icon    			=    InRefrigirator,		RequiresEquippedBothHands = true	}

Inside the players inventory they exist as an item, because, the only thing that can be in inventories, are items, not objects. The place option I gave it removes the item, and places an object in the world.

My workaround it not checking if the object weight added to the players current inventory weight is more than their capacity, but only checking if they are currently encumbered, not making it a conditional what they are afterward. :)

With lua you can add a custom right click button to certain items in your mod to be able to pick them up, even if it'd make you over-encumbered.

Mister Insayne, appliance extraordinare, you're my hero. My only other request would be so that when you update it the current wheelbarrows people have lost all over the place don't magically vanish with all the loots. Not hopeful on this front, but had to ask.

How do you prepare ducks for eating? There doesn't seem to be a "skin duck" recipe that I can find. Thanks!

Edit 2:

I have taken a bit of time to make a compatibility patch for Hydrocraft that allows the use of ORGM weapons/ammo in the hunting recipes. I am not sure if there are any other incompatibilities; if there are, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to resolve them. This does NOT disable the original Hydrocraft recipes, so if for whatever reason you decide to stop using ORGM, you won't have to reinstall Hydrocraft. Enjoy!  :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa8cftchl68qlq2/Hydrocraft%20ORGM%20Compatibility%20Patch%20v1.rar?dl=0

ORGM compatibility would be a great idea! I had to uninstall ORGM since I cannot really hunt beside using arrows and stuff.

Edit 2:

ORGM compatibility would be a great idea! I had to uninstall ORGM since I cannot really hunt beside using arrows and stuff.

That is exactly why I made the compatibility patch. I have an excess of large caliber rounds at my safehouse, and figured I would give them a use! I have also slightly adjusted the chances for a successful hunt; larger calibers give better results with big game, as well as using a scoped weapon (ORGM sniper rifle category).

Edit 2:

That is exactly why I made the compatibility patch. I have an excess of large caliber rounds at my safehouse, and figured I would give them a use! I have also slightly adjusted the chances for a successful hunt; larger calibers give better results with big game, as well as using a scoped weapon (ORGM sniper rifle category).

But wouldn't some just be overkill such as high powered weapons exploding small birds and small mammals?

Edit 2:

But wouldn't some just be overkill such as high powered weapons exploding small birds and small mammals?

Birds and small game are only able to be hunted with .22LR, whereas waterfowl can be hunted with .223, 5.56mm and 7.32x39. Deer and pigs can be hunted with anything between .223 and .30-30, and bears can only be hunted with the largest of calibres (7.62x51, 7.62x54, .30-06, .30-30 and .308). Note how I said "larger calibers give better results with big game" :P

Hydrocraft v4.2 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Missing Loot

- Fixed Toy Category Bug

- Fixed Painkiller Blueprint

- Fixed Jarred Lemon recipe

- Added Toy Horse Crafting

- Added Lemon & Lime recipes.

- Added Steel Pipe Making

- Added More results from Metal Detector

- Fixed Chicken Egg Incubation

- Fixed Feeding Baby Cows.

- Added 3 New Potted Plants

- Added White, Large and Green Pumpkins

- Added Jack-o-Lanterns that can be turned on.

- Added new Wax Processing

- Added new Cheddar Cheese making

- Added Steel Sheets and Large Steel Sheets

- Added Portable Mining Machine, Drill Head and Grinder Head.

- Mining Drill can mine than a Pickaxe.

- Mining Grinder can be used to make gravel and sand.

- Added 5 Fireworks.

- Cooler and Ice Chest can keep things cool! (Thanks Misterinsayne!)

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Hydro, I know you have lots on your belt and all, but I have done guerrilla warfare training through the U.S. Army, and have loaaaaaaads of experience in improvised chemistry (incendiary devices) and firearms. I could pile together all of the specific things they taught me, and all of it could even come from a book...say a Guerrilla Training Manual, then it would give some more pertinence to that gunsmithing book that you have in-game but doesn't do anything, It could teach barrel rifling through the wooden workbench, or you could craft a rifling machine as an add on to it.

Gunsmithing would also teach you all of the hand-loading recipes instead of knowing them right off the back.

Want me to give you more details? Are you interested at all? I do not intend on giving super amounts of detail just for safety reasons, but the simples.

For example, using bleach, a heat source, potassium chloride (Common Salt Substitute)

You can make Potassium Chlorate, a booster explosive much like plastic explosive.

It can be used for shape charges*destroying walls without a sledgehammer*

Making pressure sensitive mines *dealing with herds*

And remote explosives *think of something awesome to do with it*

Take a Steel Pipe, 5 rubber bands, Wood board, a saw, and boom, improvised shotgun, rifle, or handgun. Using 12 gauge, 223 rem/556nato or 7.62x54, and 9mm/45 respectively. And each one has to be made only for that caliber except for the 223 556 one

Take those gum wrappers (is that from your mod?) and a battery,  WOO now you have a one use prison match, good for a light for a cig or to start a much needed fire

Those are good examples lol...but i can do more. Engineering is fun after all ;)

All ideas and suggestions are welcome!

:?: Sorry to bother you, I haven't try the new updates yet. Can I ask a few questions about some of the new functions?

Is the wagons some kinds of backpack? Or does them really move?

How does the hunting activity running in the game? Could you be more specific on what process a player should follow to hunt a pray?

Thank you.

All ideas and suggestions are welcome!

:???:: Sorry to bother you, I haven't try the new updates yet. Can I ask a few questions about some of the new functions?

Is the wagons some kinds of backpack? Or does them really move?

How does the hunting activity running in the game? Could you be more specific on what process a player should follow to hunt a pray?

Thank you.

1) They are backpacks with extended space and no weight. The wagon I believe is 250 and weighs 0.00 once fully assembled. However, their weight reduction only comes into play once it is equipped to both hands, leaving you vulnerable. More carry weight for the price of vulnerability.

2) Hunting is simple. Have your weapon WITHOUT the rounds loaded (still in their box etc) in inventory along with Poop from the various animals you want to hunt and use the ability once all the items are in your inventory. You MUST Forage for the animal poop beforehand. Same goes for making spears or hunting Water Fowl with the whistles crafted from Carpentry.

Check the menu and recipe. They are quite self-explanatory ingame. :) All components for Hunting come from either a crafted or pickup item (your weapons) and the Foraged item (poop etc.)

BTW,is there (or will there be) any cooling mechanism for the forging system?

There is no "cooldown" system on the Foragaing system. Availability of certain items/loot are dependent on WHERE you are. (e.g. deep forest will yield more variety than scrub/farmland/city/suburb foraging.) Also dependent is the TIME of year in-game. Closer and closer to Winter will yield progressively less items over time as wildlife migrates temporarily.

All these questions can be found in the Zomboid Wiki because these are all base game mechanics that Hydrocraft basically augments. Have a read at http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Foraging if you'd like more information. Most of your questions may be answered there already!

just a very small thing. Ammonia can made from KAS Fertilizer  (N Fertilizer) the Fertilizer in the game is NPK wich is a different type of fertilizer. But for me its no problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fertilizer#Nitrogen_fertilizers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fertilizer#NPK_fertilizers

In the 90s, those coolant packs used in the smoke bombs would be a good source of ammonium nitrate.

Not that I was looking into this after my road flare suggestion earlier, or anything...

Hehe Corpses are a good source for different Chemicals.

I like the idea with the roadflare but i have no idea wich effect it will have (except smoke or attract Zeds)

Hmm maybe you can use them to call some support from above?

A little bit like Dropzone from Breaking Dead.

Mark a spot on the ground (a white x?)

take a Walkietalkie

lit the Roadflare

You get a small Parachute and a random Box of Material/Medicine/Weapons

The point is i think, things like this should be very hard to make.

But i like the idea ... standing on a roof without a weapon or Muni and masses of Zeds around you. and you have the chance to call a weapon drop.

Edit 2:

Also, it would be great if I can make bullets/gather gunpowder etc... And I'm sorry if I'm asking too much lol

But honestly I agree that it would take time to make everything compatible.