Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Is it alright if I use the compass sprite?

I have a fully functioning compass mod that allows you to set a location waypoint, and mark it or one of the many presets I have. Basically, it opens up a window showing you how far away it is.

Problem is, I'm not a sprite artist, as I figured out the hard way.

If I can include the your mod in the Hydrocraft mod then yes!

I keep forgetting to ask this. I need to make a listing of all my questions with this mod...

When you find an axe spawned in the world (NOT the Survival Axe) and it breaks after use and you can remove the head and rebuild it into a Makeshift Axe...I assume it gets dull after repeated breaks correct? And if so, is there a way to sharpen it or do I have to use the Smelter and break it down and recast a new and fresh Axe Head when it reaches Blunt status?

Yes those are from the Craftable Axes By Tooks. They go like this ...

Axe -> Makeshift Axe -> Worn Axe -> Blunt Axe -> Recycle

Note that you can all use the normal glue/tape fixing before you resort to sawing the head off your axe. Thus axes should last a lot longer if you go through every stage and fixing before recycling.

Yes each stage is less effective but at least you still have an axe to use.

And no you cannot re-sharpen the axe more than each stage. Thus you can assume that a Makeshift Axe is sharper than a Broken Axe but not as sharp an an Unbroken Axe.

I have a fully functioning compass mod that allows you to set a location waypoint, and mark it or one of the many presets I have. Basically, it opens up a window showing you how far away it is.

I keep forgetting to ask this. I need to make a listing of all my questions with this mod...

When you find an axe spawned in the world (NOT the Survival Axe) and it breaks after use and you can remove the head and rebuild it into a Makeshift Axe...I assume it gets dull after repeated breaks correct? And if so, is there a way to sharpen it or do I have to use the Smelter and break it down and recast a new and fresh Axe Head when it reaches Blunt status?

Note that you can all use the normal glue/tape fixing before you resort to sawing the head off your axe. Thus axes should last a lot longer if you go through every stage and fixing before recycling.

And no you cannot re-sharpen the axe more than each stage. Thus you can assume that a Makeshift Axe is sharper than a Broken Axe but not as sharp an an Unbroken Axe.

And this is where I shake my fist at the sky and curse the RNG gods for NEVER allowing me to find multiple materials in order to repair said axe in the first place...XD

Seriously, if I go out scavenging and find Tape, Duct Tape, Glue/Wood Glue together in a run...I consider it a huge success. Not even kidding there. Even though I know you can make Glue out of Zombie Bones, there are times I'd still rather just break the bloody thing down and Smelt myself a new one overall JUST BECAUSE I can't find stuff to repair it and keep going.

That or I'm on my 3rd Axe and chopping down trees to make Log Walls and can't be arsed to go scrapping about for supplies until my base is done. Never had much bad luck once I can score a mine built and can shift dirt to find Iron Ore to make some ingots.

*What's the purpose of adding the bags to dogs (Bernese Mountain Dog and Large Hiking Bag) ? I don't think I understand the purpose of dogs too much so far besides helping you retrieve lost Cattle/Sheep and producing dog poop for fertilizer.

* Also - concerning Dogs and Cows...you can feed them spoiled food to get 'poop' without them getting sick/dying...is that intentional or normal or one of those things there isn't an easy workaround for?

Thanks!

Thanks!

So is that a yes that I can use your compass mod in the Hydrocraft mod when its released?

And this is where I shake my fist at the sky and curse the RNG gods for NEVER allowing me to find multiple materials in order to repair said axe in the first place...XD

Seriously, if I go out scavenging and find Tape, Duct Tape, Glue/Wood Glue together in a run...I consider it a huge success. Not even kidding there. Even though I know you can make Glue out of Zombie Bones, there are times I'd still rather just break the bloody thing down and Smelt myself a new one overall JUST BECAUSE I can't find stuff to repair it and keep going.

That or I'm on my 3rd Axe and chopping down trees to make Log Walls and can't be arsed to go scrapping about for supplies until my base is done. Never had much bad luck once I can score a mine built and can shift dirt to find Iron Ore to make some ingots.

*What's the purpose of adding the bags to dogs (Bernese Mountain Dog and Large Hiking Bag) ? I don't think I understand the purpose of dogs too much so far besides helping you retrieve lost Cattle/Sheep and producing dog poop for fertilizer.

* Also - concerning Dogs and Cows...you can feed them spoiled food to get 'poop' without them getting sick/dying...is that intentional or normal or one of those things there isn't an easy workaround for?

To answer your question regarding the pack dogs, once two big hiking bag are attached to one of the pack dog breeds the dog then acts as a container that you can equip as a secondary (or primary I assume) I have a  Bernese Mountain Dog with carrying capacity of 44 I believe (larger than an Alice Pack).  Not sure if the other pack dog breeds end up with a greater or lesser carrying capacity (as I've only been lucky enough to find the one breed so far).  Here's the link to the episode where we attached the bags to our pack dog breed 

(skip to 17:52)

If you upgrade the big hiking bags to big hiking bags with duct tape pouches attached before adding them to a dog, you get a dog with a carrying capacity of 50 rather than 44. Huskies have the same carrying capacity as the mountain dogs - 44 with regular big hiking bags, 50 with big hiking bags with duct tape pouches. Don't drop your dog if you've loaded it up, though - you'll not be able to pick it back up again if it'd leave you overloaded.

In my Muldraugh game where I've been building the large safe house I've managed to make some big supply runs to storage yards and warehouses thanks to having a pair of pack dogs, as you can equip one to your secondary hand and one to your primary hand. That's a lot of paint or lumber crates that can be moved in one go! In theory, with two dogs with big hiking bags with duct tape pouches and a large alice pack, you could move 130 lbs of equipment in one go. One of the reasons I prefer my husky with the larger carrying capacity is that 50 is enough space to get four full lumber crates in.

Thanks!

So is that a yes that I can use your compass mod in the Hydrocraft mod when its released?

Yeah, go ahead.

If you want, I could release the base right now. I can make it recognize the compass from HydroCraft.

The lua part is finished and polished, just haven't gotten around to figuring out how to add items.

Edit: Here's the mod. I've made it compatible with Hydrocraft, it doesn't add any additional items so all I had to do was tweak a few lines of code. Compass Mod.zip

This mod isn't working for me.

PZ build: 32.16

I downloaded the file and extracted the folder.

I moved the unzipped folder into the Project Zomboids mods folder.

What am I doing wrong?

More info, I am using Windows 8 and playing PZ through Steam.

I have tried regular PZ, 64 bit, and Compatability mode.

The mod screen in game is blank, i cannot activate Hydrocraft. 

What am I doing wrong?

Which path did you use? The mod folder in your Steam files isn't the one you want to use cuz it does nothing as far as I can tell.

Try this one if you haven't already:

Computer > Windows (C:) > Users > username > Zomboid > Mods

What am I doing wrong?

Which path did you use? The mod folder in your Steam files isn't the one you want to use cuz it does nothing as far as I can tell.

You are my hero.

What am I doing wrong?

You are my hero.

You're welcome. :) I made the same mistake when I started using mods myself.

What am I doing wrong?

Which of the two sets of Project Zomboid folders are you unpacking the mod into? There's one on your default OS drive (normally the C: drive) under something like C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Zomboid and then there's another set in whichever drive or directory the Steam software runs out of. You want to be putting this mod in the mods folder on your system drive via the Documents and Settings directories.

Umm...How do I use the dogs for anything besides pack dogs?

I got border collies and a boxer so far.

It depends on the dog breed (collies are great! And great in the game, too) but depending on the dog breed, you can use them to search for other animals. Searching for an animal requires you to be carrying a dog from one of the eligible breeds, a pair of binoculars, and then various other items. You can hunt for lost cattle and sheep using just the dog, some binoculars and a rope (the rope is consumed in the attempt, so keep making ropes from sheet ropes) but if while foraging you find things like deer, bear or fox scat, you can then use the scat to try and track down animals of those kinds.