Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Regarding #2 - am I right in thinking that so long as I have one of the right breed of dogs and a pair of binoculars, I should always be able to search for lost sheep/lost cows, as many times as I want?

Something I only just spotted, and which I might hate myself for reporting later - the gunpowder recipe doesn't seem to be consuming any powdered charcoal at the moment, just powdered sulphur and powdered saltpetre.

I'm still repairing/replacing the missing chunks of my base, but thanks to the latest upgrade - and emptying several warehouses and storage yards of paint - this is how my safe house looks now:

2wn08r4.jpg

25ho1n9.jpg

I've got a smelter, kiln and anvil set up on the lower level (the chemistry lab is in one of the house bedrooms). I'm intending to set lots of rooms up as living accommodation, either single or family, but I'm waiting to build furniture until the Turbo build that lets us do things like rip up carpets from houses and steal windows comes in. I've rebuild the library and started stockpiling those medical supplies I hadn't already looted to replace what I lost, and I've cleared half of Murtaugh of dog whistles, plaster, paint, clay and a few other bits and pieces. I need to finish replacing bits of missing roof and storage crates, and build lots and lots of shelves, bookcases and the like - and find more pillows and sheets to make mattresses from - but I think this is the most elaborate base I've built so far in PZ.

*Really wants to spawn 5000 zombies in front of that base* :P

Very nice creation though ! :D

Great mod. I just have two questions, what are the wood shingles used for and how do you use them?

You can use wood shingles to upgrade a beehive to stage three and then start collecting honey :)  I believe you'll find the beehive recipes under the farming tab of the crafting menu.

Hey Hydro, I've got a viewer on my mod setup video who is having troubles getting the v2.9 of the mod working.  He's running build 32.5 of PZ currently.  Will he need to be using the latest build from the IWBUMS branch for the mod to show up in the mod menu?

Hey Hydro, I've got a viewer on my mod setup video who is having troubles getting the v2.9 of the mod working.  He's running build 32.5 of PZ currently.  Will he need to be using the latest build from the IWBUMS branch for the mod to show up in the mod menu?

i don't know if this will help him or not, but tell him to try and get he build 32.16 it's the newest build, it's after IWBUMS 32.9 i think

it have the fighting fire thing, it works for me 

sry for my bad english

i don't know if this will help him or not, but tell him to try and get he build 32.16 it's the newest build, it's after IWBUMS 32.9 i think

it have the fighting fire thing, it works for me 

sry for my bad english

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking as well.  Thanks!

This may seem like a stupid or nooby question but, how do I bury full coffins?

If I remember correctly you'll also need a a tombstone and a spade to go with your full coffin.  With these three items you'll have the option to make a grave, and then you can place/drop the grave on the ground.

*Really wants to spawn 5000 zombies in front of that base* :P

Very nice creation though ! :D

The only connection to the ground level is sheetropes now, as I demolished the stairs a while ago - zombies are welcome to chew the ground floor up all they want, between my rooftop cow/sheep collection, the potted plants, the beehives and all the stored food, I'm good for months. Ok, I suspect the cows aren't entirely happy being up on the roof, but at least they're no longer in the same rooftop garden as the sheep and the dogs...

I've started adding stone pillars underneath the ground floor following the introduction of Hydrocraft 2.9 - it's not only a nice way of using up spare stone from the mining operations, but it looks rather satisfying to see stone pillars dotted around, holding up my floating fortress :) Adding another storey of buildings to the roof is taking ages though, and I've found that if there's snow on the ground, and you build a wooden floor at a higher level, the snow jumps from the ground to the higher floor. That's making expanding the roof a bit nerve-wracking...

There seem to be some issues with the syringe. When I take blood from a rabbit, the rabbit disappears. When I inject a rabbit with zombie blood, I end up with a dead rabbit and a live rabbit. Possibly a glitch?

Also, is there a way to make a vaccine currently or am I just killing all my rabbits for no reason?

First off, amazing mod! I hope much of this is integrated into the game, because it's phenomenal. 

One question, probably a few more to come: can we make cheese? We can milk the cows and churn the milk to butter but it would be great to be able to make cheese too.

EDIT: Ah, right, like the guy above me, I've been wondering what the purpose of the blood injections are.

There seem to be some issues with the syringe. When I take blood from a rabbit, the rabbit disappears. When I inject a rabbit with zombie blood, I end up with a dead rabbit and a live rabbit. Possibly a glitch?

Also, is there a way to make a vaccine currently or am I just killing all my rabbits for no reason?

Yeah some glitches. Thanks for reporting.

First off, amazing mod! I hope much of this is integrated into the game, because it's phenomenal. 

One question, probably a few more to come: can we make cheese? We can milk the cows and churn the milk to butter but it would be great to be able to make cheese too.

Yes you should be able to turn the milk into butter.

Cow -> Milk Bucket -> Milk -> Churn -> Butter

Oh, I've made a ton of butter, more than I can use. I was hoping for a way to further refine it into cheese. You actually already have intestines which are close enough to stomach lining, possibly they could be used as (or turned into) rennet to turn the butter into cheese.

Another idea: there are a lot of boxed items that are barely useful, which is fine, but one that would be a pretty nice find, given the relative rarity of aluminum compared to glass, would be a Box of Jar Lids (x5 or x10). Also, I'm curious, is there a maximum length of time you can require the creation reactions to take? It seems like composting is the longest I've run into, wondering if you can go longer if you want, like the length of time it takes to read books or something.

Oh, I've made a ton of butter, more than I can use. I was hoping for a way to further refine it into cheese. You actually already have intestines which are close enough to stomach lining, possibly they could be used as (or turned into) rennet to turn the butter into cheese.

Cheese is planned, but we lack the art for Cheese Racks. If anyone wants to help draw one then I would add Cheese Making to the game.

See this post for what art is needed.

Another idea: there are a lot of boxed items that are barely useful, which is fine, but one that would be a pretty nice find, given the relative rarity of aluminum compared to glass, would be a Box of Jar Lids (x5 or x10). Also, I'm curious, is there a maximum length of time you can require the creation reactions to take? It seems like composting is the longest I've run into, wondering if you can go longer if you want, like the length of time it takes to read books or something.

You can set time to just about any value I think. Salting Meats takes a long time too.

I find glass much rarer than jar lids - each aluminium ingot makes 8 jar lids, and while umbrellas and bauxite ore are fairly rare, I've got 40-odd fire extinguishers crated up and waiting to be recycled if I don't use them on a fire first. Sandbags are great, because you can get eight glass ingots out of a full one, but otherwise getting glass requires a fair number of items (multiples of 5 or 10 of an object) or melting down fishtanks, which I'd rather not do... at least, not until I've used all the water in them.

Although I'd never object to more boxes of useful stuff :D

Sandbags are infinitely refillable though.. I've got a ton of glass ingots just sitting by my smelter. Bauxite is just a crapshoot.. I've never found a fire extinguisher! Are they one of those things you have to grab from the environment rather than in a container?

Sandbags are infinitely refillable though.. I've got a ton of glass ingots just sitting by my smelter. Bauxite is just a crapshoot.. I've never found a fire extinguisher! Are they one of those things you have to grab from the environment rather than in a container?

Where are you refilling your sandbags from, though? I'm not sure there's that much sand in Muldraugh to dig up...

I've mined about 600 units of stone so far, each of which also does a random dirt sift. From that, I've found (I think) about 6 units of bauxite ore. I know that 600 is a relatively small number, but I've found more bauxite ore than I have gold or silver ore - although aluminium's definitely more useful than either gold or silver at the moment. Those 6 units of bauxite ore got me 48 jar lids - that's at twice as many jar lids as jars I've been able to make, although I could simply be unlucky with finding sandbags. I'm not short of tin, copper, iron or steel ingots though :P

From what I remember, I found the bulk of the fire extinguishers in kitchen cabinets or in crates - but I don't remember finding a new one in quite a while now. I found more fire extinguishers than I did fire blankets.

Now you've got me wondering why I haven't found any fire extinguishers in a while, despite having found 20+ back under Hydrocraft 2.6.

Awesome ! :D

It makes sense that the snow will no longer be under the new roof/floor tiling :)

Well... it would if it was fresh snow falling. It's a bit weird when it's snow that's already on the ground suddenly flying 20 feet up in the air ;)

Just a few bug reports/questions:

-When I eat 'Bottled' stuff that is supposed to give me a Jar AND a Lid back that the lid disappears . When I eat bottled stuff that the game spawns, I get my bottle and lid back but when I eat stuff that I have crafted via Cooking (e.g. Jar Of Potatoes/Tomatoes)...the lid vanishes. Working as intended?

-There's a weird feature where the Ingot molds aren't fully consumed from when they're used from the ground/inventory and they just end up with zero charge but not used up and remain in the inventory weighing the same AND the recipe will not recognize the "empty molds" in your containers or on self. Not sure if it's due to Red or Grey clay cast Ingot molds. Working as intended?

-Same as the Ingot molds but with the bags of charcoal too. Can provide screenshots if necessary. Working as intended?

-Having some trouble crafting the spray cans to get rid of pests, Mildew or the Bug Spray. Have an empty and full Garden Spray in inventory with cigarettes and game-spawned Milk and nothing's happening in multiplayer especially. Have had to spawn them in for players and they work fine but cannot be refilled either.
--Add to above: is it possible we can use our own churned milk from our cows to make the Mildew spray in future? Is that in a planned release?

QUESTIONS:

-Are there any other uses for screws besides crafting with Baseball Bats and melting down at furnace? Not seeing anything else in my crafting journal for that...
-Does Butter ever spoil? I've had some with no power outside of fridge in a crate and the stuff doesn't deteriorate easily...

Thanks in advance for your time Hydro and crew! I do love this mod! Please reply if you need screenshots or more test data, I'd be glad to help if I can!

Edited by evankimori

then something has to go wrong with mod because I get no option to put plaster on the walls, any suggestions? we have a server and can not plastering the walls, it may be that the multiplayer mode is not enabled¿