Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hydrocraft v9.8 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Horse, Pack Dogs and Robot Arm Sizes.

- Can Recycle Sacks

- Can Shuck Corn

- Fixed Phenylactic Acid Labeling Recipe

- Fixed Wooden Bucket with Rubber

- Fixed Makeshift Shower

- Tweaked Herbal Medicine

- Can Dry Alfalfa into Straw

- Fixed Potted Apricot

- Fixed Meth Barrels

- Added Tried Camellia and Tea

- Added Corn Cob and Husk

- Added 6 New Herbs

- Added 7 New Toys

- Added Can of Peanuts, Bottle of Orange Juice and Bottle of Cranberry Juice

- Added 10 types of Beer Cans

- Added Grenade Launcher (High Explosive, Fire and Smoke)

- Added Lumber Axe and Sawblade Axe

- Added Glass and Acrylic Bongs

- Added the Irrigation Mod!

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx

Hydro,

While trying to fix some crashes I was having I noticed that on use of cigarette, the game was trying to add a cigarette butt, and failing. 

Console:

1516850041465 ERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find Base.HCCigarettebutt

The Hydrocraft/media/Scripts/Base Items text file needs the Cigarettes item "on use" field changed from HCCigaretteButt to Hydrocraft.HCCigaretteButt and then it works properly.

item Cigarettes
    {
        Count            =    20,
        HungerChange        =    0,
        Weight            =    0.005,
        RequireInHandOrInventory=    Lighter/Matches,
        Type            =    Food,
        DisplayName        =    Cigarettes,
        StressChange        =    -5,
        Icon            =    IckySticks,
        CustomContextMenu     =     Smoke,
        CantBeFrozen         =     TRUE,
        OnEat             =     OnEat_Cigarettes,
        ReplaceOnUse        =    Hydrocraft.HCCigarettebutt,
        CustomEatSound         =
    }

I don't know about coding but I just guessed this was right from looking at the rest of the file and it worked! Is this a JSON format?

Edited by Logiwonk

At some point (not sure when) we couldn't make vegetable oil any longer from corn. And not really sure there is any [sustainable] way to get corn seeds, which is the only option I see in game now for making vegetable oil (from 100 seeds).

I also see an option to shuck corn, but no where do I have the option to do that. Would love to know what that produces.

Did something change? Am I missing something?

In any case, we had a good production line with the corn, but that's stopped now - not sure how to effective continue to get vegetable oil.

I took a look at the code, looks like you can only make veg oil from 100 x pumpkin, cotton, or any kind of corn seeds. Which doesn't make too much sense to be because corn oil is commercially produced from corn germ, and corn IS corn seed - I think the best solution to this would be to create a recipe that converts CORN -> Corn Seed which can then be used to make oil, perhaps via a drying process.

well I was thinking that was supposed to be the husk corn recipe to turn corn into corn seed and then use that but I cannot seem to find the husk corn recipe in any book to learn or any menu as already learned :/ not sure how the husk corn actually works.

I looked into the code, Shuck Corn recipe needs to be learned, but I don't find it listed under any of the books so for my SP I added it to the herbalism book as it seemed most appropriate. Will also check to make sure it's not something you "research."

Right I checked the research tab and all the books I did not see the recipe anywhere I assume it may have been an oversight to add it in but forget to update the gardening or herbalism book to include the recipe. Also I could not find any recipe for the thresher to harvest rice grains from raw rice perhaps it is a spawned item that must be found?

recipe Shuck Corn
    {
    Corn,
    keep KitchenKnife/HuntingKnife/HCJackknife/HCKnifestone,
    keep HCHerbtable/HCHerbtable2,
    Result:HCCornseeds=5,
    NeedToBeLearn:true,
    Time:1000,
    Category:Farming,
    OnCreate:recipe_hccob,
    }

So it takes corn, uses a kitchen knife/hunting knife/jack knife/or stone knife (which you keep) you also need a herbalism table as a workstation (keep) and it yields 5 corn seed (4 for blue/red/white corn so you'll want to use regular corn for oil making) something about a corn cob at the end, not sure how the last line functions but it looks like husking corn teaches you a corn cob recipe.

So you'll need 20 ears of regular corn (or 25 of a colored corn) to make one bucket of veg oil using this recipe, but more time (each shuck corn recipe takes 1000 time). Compared to 10 ears of corn of any type previously. 

Edited by Logiwonk

Hey Hydro! I've noticed lately on multiple hydrocraft-using servers, that the binoculars and cat toy combo isn't finding kitties! D;

The world has 75% less meow, and you're the only one who can save us!

Edited by Nisora

Currently Shuck Corn recipe is not in any book and I can't find any other way to learn it currently. This is how you can add it to the Herbalism book by editing the hydrocraft files:

Go to the Hydrocraft Mod Scripts directory: Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\108600\498441420\mods\Hydrocraft\media\scripts

Press Ctrl-F to Find "Herbalism" book and replace the entry with the following (Change is bolded for illustration,  not necessary for code to work):

item HCBookherbalism
    {
        Weight        =    0.5,
        Type        =    Literature,
        DisplayName    =    Herbalism Textbook,
        Icon        =    HCBookherbalism,
        TeachedRecipes  =       Add Herbal Medicine;Make Bunch of Berries;Dry Leaves;Dry Herbs;Dry Flower;Dry Spice;Dry Berry;Make Herbal Tea;Make Teabag;Grind Tobacco;Roll Cigar;Cure Hemp Bud;Soak Fresh Jute Stems;Dry Jute Stems;Make Mild Poison;Make Strong Poison;Extract Seed from Raw Rice;Thresh Rice;Shuck Corn,
            ReplaceOnUse    =       HCBookherbalism,
    }

If you play Hydrocraft SP, it's important to know how to edit the files because the mod has thousands of recipes and items and new content is often bugged, because presumably Hydro has a dayjob, and often he is splicing new mods into Hydrocraft and bugs are inevitable.

It makes the most sense (to me) to add it to herbalism because you use the herbalism table for the Shuck Corn recipe. Also, it's possible that on crafting something related to corn you learn this recipe but I haven't been able to find anything like that in the code (I only really know how to modify basic stuff in hydrocraft). Credit to Johnnyonoes on Youtube for teaching me how to work with Hydrocraft's files.

HERE is Johnnyonoes great video on hydrocraft file editing

Edited by Logiwonk

Thanks so much for that logiwonk any chance this will cause issues for my multiplayer server? will other players download the updated change from me or will they need to also manually edit their mod?
So i changed the file added ;Shuck Corn, and saved the file and the text file is changed but when i boot up the server the herbalism textbook remains unchanged is there an additional step i have to take for a hosted multiplayer server or did i perhaps do it wrong somehow?

Books.txt

Edited by havok6669
additional info

This is a brilliant mod that enhances the base game to no end. Bravo indeed! :D

I've sadly got a bug, I just can't seem to find an answer to. I anchored a stone quarry and it immediately appeared in my inventory - now I can't get rid of it (lest you count putting it into an Abysmal bag). It is of course too heavy to be put into any container or on the floor and I'm not quite sure how to get rid of it again :) would a recipe for unanchoring quarries and mines be a solution?

Thanks for your time and making it possible to not just survive but rebuild civilization :D

- Ghellie

Edited by Ghellie
Misspelling

I have no experience with MP so I cannot guide you, alas. As soon as I edited the file my herbalism book listed Shuck corn as a recipe you can learn from the book. 

Hydro - I've run into a problem with the All (repeat) function on foraging for flora, dung, etc where it only does the action once, the error message in console is:

1517275591480 STACK TRACE
1517275591481 -----------------------------------------
1517275591481 function: perform -- file: ISCraftAction.lua line # 106
java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: getType of non-table: null
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:623)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:72)
        at zombie.characters.CharacterTimedActions.LuaTimedActionNew.perform(LuaTimedActionNew.java:80)
        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:9893)
        at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:2741)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1476)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5137)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2894)
        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1279)
        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:664)
        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1277)
        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1053)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:193)
1517275591484 -----------------------------------------
1517275591484 STACK TRACE
1517275591484 -----------------------------------------
1517275591484 function: perform -- file: ISCraftAction.lua line # 106
1517275591485 bugged action, cleared queue
1517275692912 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange

So it looks like it's trying to repeat and failing for some reason, any idea what's happening? I took a look at the ISCraftAction.lua 106 but I don't pretend to understand the code. Something about "dirtyUI()".

EDIT - I uninstalled Achievements mod and Blind Coders utilities (which I wasn't using) and this solved the problem. I think it was the achievements mod.

Also, I tried out the irrigation mod, the pipes laid down fine but after filling one of a series of four connected rain barrels (which were sharing water appropriately) I got a crash that wiped all the irrigation stuff and re-wound  my game about 10 minutes in to the past. Seems like a cool mod by doesn't seem stable to use in my current setup.

Edited by Logiwonk

Just to confirm, after the above changes (in SP) I was able to learn and use the shuck corn recipe (although it picks up the herbalism table during crafting, which is weird).

The shuck corn recipes need the "CanBeDoneFromFloor:true," line, added this and it works fine now (i.e. you don't pick up the herbalist table).

Edited by Logiwonk

I was able to confirm the edits to the shuck corn are local only each player has to do it manually on their end as well. I haven't had a chance to try the irrigation yet it's almost winter on my server. I will have to try to edit the recipe as well but it would be nice if it did so for eveyone on the server XD maybe I can find a way.