Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hello Hydromancerx.

I love your mod! I got my friend playing just because the game and mod is so much fun!

I have found a few typos or missing info on the scripts, feel free to correct me if they are intended to work as such.

In Food Jerky:

recipe for simple jerky and tasty jerky, items "Herring" should be tagged as "HCHerring"

In Food Drinks:

Strawberry drinks do not work because the name used in the original scripts is "Strewberrie" and not "Strawberry"

Just changing the names in the item recipes to "Strewberrie" fixed the recipes for me.

In Food Other:

item recipe for corn on the cob destroys a Frying Pan every use, since it isn't "keep Pan" in the recipe or no "ReplaceOnUse = Pan" on the item code

Also, I changed marinade recipes to use 2 charges of salt and pepper, as I was raiding half the town only for these condiments.

I changed the recipe for the "Make Lemon Juice" to spawn a "Bottle of Lemon Juice" instead of a "Bowl of Lemon Juice" since they have more uses.

I had an idea about maybe adding "Pear Juice" and "Peach Juice", I just don't have access to good icons to give them in-game.

They might be ideas worth checking in if you think they are good. As for the rest, I think you made a very nice mod and am quite happy to keep downloading it every friday.

I see a ton of items here!  Wow!  But how much of it is actually used for crafting?  Is there a wiki or guide or anything? :)

A fair amount since many can be recycled or used for food recipes. Others are there to enhance the game such as Umbrellas protecting you from the rain, or Fire Extinguishers putting out fires. Note if they do not have a use right now they may in the future. For instance binocular were useless for the longest time, but now they can be used to help find animals such as Stray Dogs and Deer.

There are 2 pages for it but no one has filled them in on the wiki.

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Hydrocraft_Crafting

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Hydrocraft_Items

@Yawningone

Thanks for the feedback and bug reports. I Think I fixed all the bugs you said, but I think I will leave those tweaks alone. As for the Pear and Peach Juice. Those are good idea. :D

So, first off, I love the mod and I've played with Lua a bit, so I can appreciate the amount of work that goes into making it. Tiny little spelling errors, misplaced spacing, all of these are a pain when getting recipes up and going. 

If nothing comes up in non-computer life today,  I shall start compiling mod information for the wiki. First off, I need to go through, grab all the recipes out of code, and start putting them into a word or excel document. Real life permitting, I do what I can to contribute, my way of saying thank you for the mod :-D

Keep up the great work, so excited. Can't wait to see if the dogs and other wildlife you've been creating are going to be integrated with NPCs when they are introduced. I'm cheering for ya!

Okay, so I figured out how to use the tables, I am just unaware of how to put icons in the crafting table/graph thing that aren't from the base game. If anyone knows, please tell me. I would GREATLY appreciate it. Otherwise we'll be icon-less on the wiki. Thank you!

EDIT:

So, new question: How would you like for me to do the recipes that have a ton of optional ingredients. For example, the bee smoker full recipe is an empty bee smoker and a sheet of paper OR birch bark OR bark OR grass OR pine boughs...etc. I am trying to use the nice sorting table option that the normal site uses, and it will be very very large and cluttered to use all optional ingredients. Let me know something about that ^-^.  Would you perhaps want that to go in the description on the item page instead?

I will be starting at the top of the scripting folder and moving down. So starting with Animals and descending alphabetically if you are searching for order in the madness when i start posting. I do not know how to put in Mod icons at the moment and have not asked permission to do so either, so it will be red text with a (Item 1, 2) etc above it instead of an image.

Edited by bluthochzeit

@bluthochzeit

1. Thank you for wanting to help with the wiki.

2. I added an example with the Large Alice Pack.

3. You just click on the red text for the png file to upload an image.

4. As for craftng try to have it match the base game pages. That goes the same for the item page.

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Items

I just pasted up some progress http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Hydrocraft_Crafting#Recipes

Please give me some feedback. I have not done images as of yet. I will be likely add more later today :)

The page will be a bit rough at first, since it is my first time doing any wiki-work. So advice is appreciated ^u^

Edited by bluthochzeit

Well you will need to organize them better into groups (carpentry, weapons, etc). You may want to leave out the links to individual items, unless they are base game items. I am not sure how much the admins on the wiki like adding Hydrocraft stuff. They removed links to these pages on the mod page, but left these 2 pages. Which I hope are still ok.

Well you will need to organize them better into groups (carpentry, weapons, etc). You may want to leave out the links to individual items, unless they are base game items. I am not sure how much the admins on the wiki like adding Hydrocraft stuff. They removed links to these pages on the mod page, but left these 2 pages. Which I hope are still ok.

EDIT:

Okay, I believe I have it formatted the way you wanted on the crafting page now. I am working on breaking them into groups, they can be sorted like the base game crafting pages, they have sub-headings for skill related pages, they are no longer littered with broken links, and I have uploaded pictures for what I have posted thus far.

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Hydrocraft_Crafting#Recipes

Now that I've got them in a decent state, I'll start adding on more recipes.

Edited by bluthochzeit

That's looking great! I am sure that many players new and old will appreciate seeing all these recipes.

EDIT: Some errors I saw.

1. Lumber Stacks also give 1 Rope.

2. Crate of Lumbers also give 1 Thick Rope

3. Straw is Consumed for Straw Baskets

4. There are no HCCorpse, there are only base game Corpses.

I am not sure if the wiki currently has a corpse object listed. Even if its part of the game.

Alright. Any idea where I might find the corpse icon by any chance? Not sure how to set it to not use a picture yet. Still learning these things.

Any idea where you would like for me to list how to tame animals? I was thinking of creating an animal category. 

Was just browsing what files I still had, and I saw ALL THE FOOD. 

Maker help me..that's a lot of recipes.

I will try to knock out a good lil bit of recipes each day when I have the time. ^-^

You would need unpacker. And I think there are 4 corpses. 2 male and 2 female and 2 zombie and 2 dead person (I assume died from non zombie related causes).

EDIT: Added the Zombie Male corpse icon for you.

Appreciated. What is the .png name? I am doing most of my work in a word document, then sending it over to the page when I finish a good section. that way I can add the filename to my document as well so I don't erase it.

Can someone PLZ make a full guide on HC items and crafting? Because I love this mod, but I have no clue on how to use anything xD.

Please If you have a heart help a Noob in need.

Some have been filled in, but more help is needed.

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Hydrocraft_Items

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Hydrocraft_Crafting

I've been working on the recipes. If someone wants to help, starting from the bottom of the scripting folder (cuz I'm going down)  let me know so we dont' do the same thing ^u^. Also, I haven't touched the item page, so have a ball with that one.

So I noticed *at least* one conflict with iwbums. Aluminum foil's in hydro and vanilla now. I'm sure there are more though

I have been working on removing all redundant items from the Hydrocraft mod for build 32 today. I think I have them all removed. However I would like to wait until Friday for the next Hydrocraft release so I can possibly incorporate more new build 32 objects into recipes and such. I also want to just add more new items in general. Plus some further testing could not hurt either.

Anywho the biggest changes from the old Hydrocraft is that Both Alumium Foil and Box of Aluminum Foil are removed and replaced by the new item. Charcoal and Bag are Charcoal are now replaced by the new Charcoal. However you can now mkae the new Charcoal from a Log and you can also make Charcoal Powder from the new Charcoal. Most other changes are just using the new items, such as all the sports balls, light bulbs, mop, toilet paper, pine cone, dish soap, gunpowder, ruberband, etc

Some items are staying even if they are redundant such as the different types of underwear, toy car and steel pipe. Some have been tweaked such as the Dog Bowl is now red to accompany the new blue water dish. And the Sponge was renamed to Bath Sponge, not to be confused with the new Sponge (which looks more like a dish sponge).

So heads up since those items are going to be removed. So if you have them you will have to re-find the new base game ones.

Hello, first off love your mod it really expands what can be done in the game. I also am using craft helper as your mod and the base game add loads of recipes I can't be bothered to remember. Unfortunately with Hydrocraft and Craft Helper together I can't fully use craft helper as something in your mod won't allow for the big recipe book to open properly. I know this may seem like a stretch but could you possible look into getting your mod to play nicely with Craft Helper, if so I would be ever so grateful.

-Dvine

So I noticed *at least* one conflict with iwbums. Aluminum foil's in hydro and vanilla now. I'm sure there are more though

I have been working on removing all redundant items from the Hydrocraft mod for build 32 today. I think I have them all removed. However I would like to wait until Friday for the next Hydrocraft release so I can possibly incorporate more new build 32 objects into recipes and such. I also want to just add more new items in general. Plus some further testing could not hurt either.

Anywho the biggest changes from the old Hydrocraft is that Both Alumium Foil and Box of Aluminum Foil are removed and replaced by the new item. Charcoal and Bag are Charcoal are now replaced by the new Charcoal. However you can now mkae the new Charcoal from a Log and you can also make Charcoal Powder from the new Charcoal. Most other changes are just using the new items, such as all the sports balls, light bulbs, mop, toilet paper, pine cone, dish soap, gunpowder, ruberband, etc

Some items are staying even if they are redundant such as the different types of underwear, toy car and steel pipe. Some have been tweaked such as the Dog Bowl is now red to accompany the new blue water dish. And the Sponge was renamed to Bath Sponge, not to be confused with the new Sponge (which looks more like a dish sponge).

So heads up since those items are going to be removed. So if you have them you will have to re-find the new base game ones.

will you be adding a recipe allowing the steel pipe to be made into a base game pipe bomb?