Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

46 minutes ago, Robshaw said:

Hey hydromanxer this update is fucking awesome! thank you very much. I am having trouble figuring out exactly how the new smelters, forges and kilns work concerning fire damage. Every time you use one is there a random chance you will be burned? Fire starts on the ground you stand? You need a full fireman's suit and gear to blacksmith and not get burned? If this is the case then this needs a serious nerfing. As one of the few wierdos who actually does smelt (I am a plumber gas fitter and i collect copper scraps and melt them down in a tiny smelter the size of a flower pot in my back yard to make copper ingots for money at the recycler) I can tell you all you need is a good pair of gloves and you are fine. Maybe safety glasses would be a good idea and an apron would reduce any chance you ever had of hurting yourself to almost nothing. Needing fireman's gear is waaay over kill in my humble opinion. Both in terms of realism and game balance I humbly suggest you make only three items necessary, Gloves, apron and safety glasses.

This bothers me too since I have a list of stuff I still need to craft and with the news that I now risk getting burned and causing a fire that may potentially kill me / burn my hotel base down, I'm not liking this update despite all the extra items added with this. Does fire  catch on the ground unless you have the full fire suit on or is that random despite finding it? Also, now that finding bugs, flowers and mining makes you tired, I was hoping to see more stamina restoring items in the game besides Ginseng. Maybe make a tea out of the plant that can reduce tiredness so we have something else to drink besides coffee? (Speaking of coffee, is it possible to be able to grow it so we can have homemade coffee? If we can have meat grinders to make sausage, then coffee grinders could be used to grind coffee beans to make coffee powder.)

6 hours ago, SereneAngel218 said:

This bothers me too since I have a list of stuff I still need to craft and with the news that I now risk getting burned and causing a fire that may potentially kill me / burn my hotel base down, I'm not liking this update despite all the extra items added with this. Does fire  catch on the ground unless you have the full fire suit on or is that random despite finding it? Also, now that finding bugs, flowers and mining makes you tired, I was hoping to see more stamina restoring items in the game besides Ginseng. Maybe make a tea out of the plant that can reduce tiredness so we have something else to drink besides coffee? (Speaking of coffee, is it possible to be able to grow it so we can have homemade coffee? If we can have meat grinders to make sausage, then coffee grinders could be used to grind coffee beans to make coffee powder.)

I kind of like how this makes it a big of a bigger deal to forge your items. I also like how this facilitates the need to build a seperate safe area to forge in with a water catcher near by and some buckets to put out potential fires. I think blacksmith burning needs a serous nerf, however, if it does not get one i will continue to play this mod and use it on my girlfriend and I's server. zomboid would be empty without hydrocraft.

Edited by Robshaw

6 hours ago, SereneAngel218 said:

(Speaking of coffee, is it possible to be able to grow it so we can have homemade coffee? If we can have meat grinders to make sausage, then coffee grinders could be used to grind coffee beans to make coffee powder.)

maybe even just mortar and pestle or grinding stone?

Edited by Robshaw

3 minutes ago, Robshaw said:

I kind of like how this makes it a big of a bigger deal to forge your items. I also like how this facilitates the need to build a seperate safe area to forge in with a water catcher near by and some buckets to put out potential fires. I think it needs a nerf however, if it does not get one i will continue to play this mod and use it on my girlfriend and I's server. zomboid would be empty without hydrocraft.

I don't have a problem with making a safe area for forging when I already have an area set up, it just came out of left field that now I have to be super careful otherwise I'll catch on fire and die from the flames. I guess I'm just irked since I doubt I'll be able to find the new items I need to at least protect myself since I cleared most of my current map and now with mining causing me to be tired, I'll have to spend days on end trying to find minerals since the mining is totally random. I suppose I could travel to the main game maps from Bedford Falls to find what I need...if I had a clue where they spawned at. Also, I take back my statement somewhat on not seeing stamina restoring items since I saw Caffeine Pills in the crafting screen. Hopefully I'll be able to find some, though it would be cool to craft it like the other medicine...

10 hours ago, Eila said:

I'm trying to figure this out too, you can see how it works in HCFire.lua. As far as I can tell all you need is to have the items in your inventory and you should get between 50-75% protection depending on the gear you have, but with the blacksmith apron and welding mask I still get burned 90% of the time using the kiln, and most of the time its two burns.

Edit: So what I'm gathering is, the fire protection gear only reduces the damage you take from a burn that comes from the smelter, forge, kiln.

Each time you use one of these objects, the game rolls twice for burns. Once for head, once for body.

Kiln is an 81% chance to be burned, the Smelter is an 86% chance to be burned, the Blast Furnace has a 91% chance to be burned, and the Industrial Furnace is a 96% chance to be burned.

Also each object has different chances to do greater damage, a kiln will always do burntype 0, but a Industrial Furnace can roll between 0-3 burntypes.

Thank you for your information ^^ Helped me alot. From what i've seen. Smelthing really have high chance of killing you. Since chance of getting burns don't get reduced. Hopefully this is a bug or something. Anyways,  Can someone tell me where I can find HCFire.lua file?

Its not in mod folder... 

2 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Hope there's a chance of being crushed to death added to the mines/quarries to decrease stone/ore spam.

I think that is inspired. Although I'd replace crushed to death with random slight chance of minor to moderate injury and rare chance of fracture.

2 hours ago, quadrinka4 said:

Anyways,  Can someone tell me where I can find HCFire.lua file?

Its not in mod folder... 

Which mod folder are you looking in? I'm using the Steam version and I found mine. :/

This is my path:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\498441420\mods\Hydrocraft\media\lua\server

It's one of the loose files in that server folder.

14 hours ago, SereneAngel218 said:

(Speaking of coffee, is it possible to be able to grow it so we can have homemade coffee? If we can have meat grinders to make sausage, then coffee grinders could be used to grind coffee beans to make coffee powder.)

Well there are some new pharmacy items, including Caffeine Pills.

5 hours ago, quadrinka4 said:

Thank you for your information ^^ Helped me alot. From what i've seen. Smelthing really have high chance of killing you. Since chance of getting burns don't get reduced. Hopefully this is a bug or something. Anyways,  Can someone tell me where I can find HCFire.lua file?

Its not in mod folder... 

maybe if not protected enough gets a warning instead of suddently got burned while using it? like maybe character say "its too hot i need to wear item X before i can use that" that may simulate us detecting the scorching heat and therefore risk of injury

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Hope there's a chance of being crushed to death added to the mines/quarries to decrease stone/ore spam.

with any risk of death im sure people will avoid them entirely Lol. maybe small chance to get damaged and stuff :P

7 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Noooo.... Mining is already a pain as it is due to the fact that the ores you find are random as hell especially if you need a particular ore to craft. Now you want to kill people that need it to make a good amount of stuff in this mod? This is suppose to be a happy mod dedicated to building cool stuff. Keep your obsession at trying to kill players at every turn in the vanilla game, darn it XD

Unless...were you the one that influenced Hydro to have us risk burning to death via smelter/kiln/furnace? D:

Edited by SereneAngel218

7 hours ago, SereneAngel218 said:

"This is suppose to be a happy mod dedicated to building cool stuff. Keep your obsession at trying to kill players at every turn in the vanilla game, darn it XD"

This is not why i play Zomboid and I hope it is not the case for Hydrocraft that there is no effort put into keeping things extremely dangerous. If you want a happy game dedicated to building cool stuff then you should try Minecraft. There is also a cheat mod available in the workshop that will make any part of the game extremely "happy" for you as in you will be invincible.

Edited by Robshaw

I can't believe you're still so dedicated to this mod. Bravo! ^_^

But what're you gonna do with the new nutrition system? Are you going to go back and actually give all the food items stats and update EVERYTHING? Because that would be insane.

21 minutes ago, Wveth said:

But what're you gonna do with the new nutrition system? Are you going to go back and actually give all the food items stats and update EVERYTHING? Because that would be insane.

He is insane :) and he already completed what you just said :P. Hydro dedication is tough like steel

2 hours ago, Wveth said:

It's basically done. Just waiting on the nutrition system to go on the public branch.

He is insane :) and he already completed what you just said :P. Hydro dedication is tough like steel

Most of the nutrition system conversion was done by my amazing girlfriend! Without her i don't think i would have been able to convert all the food to the new system. So if you want to thank anyone, thank her for her hard work on converting Hydrorcraft to the new nutrition system.

Edited by Hydromancerx

Now we just need a mod that plays "Make Da Fire Burn Dem" everytime a fire gets caused.

Edit: You also gotta fix being able to eat zombies. A skinned corpse restored 100 hunger and you just need to read a book right after for no penalty. So atm as long as zombies are around you have food forever. And odd meat is useless at -5 hunger and tons of -stats where a fresh corpse is less punishing and you dont even need a book to skin a corpse so anyone can do it.

Edited by Jether

I don't get this new smelting mechanic. I finally got a Fire Suit and tried crafting red bricks with it in my inventory

and I still receive burns and same damage as if I would wearing only welding mask. Making a blast furnace need at least  100 red bricks... receiving damage for every brick

Is there a better way to smelt now? 

Edited by quadrinka4

4 hours ago, quadrinka4 said:

I don't get this new smelting mechanic. I finally got a Fire Suit and tried crafting red bricks with it in my inventory

and I still receive burns and same damage as if I would wearing only welding mask. Making a blast furnace need at least  100 red bricks... receiving damage for every brick

Is there a better way to smelt now? 

Where did you find the fire suit?

I tried the fireman jacket and helmet and may as well have been wearing nothing for all the good it did me. Still got burned on the head and arm :-?

Edited by Flankspeed
PS-Awesome mod. I came back to Zomboid after a year or so just to try this mod. So glad I did!

On 3/21/2016 at 3:07 PM, Robshaw said:

This is not why i play Zomboid and I hope it is not the case for Hydrocraft that there is no effort put into keeping things extremely dangerous. If you want a happy game dedicated to building cool stuff then you should try Minecraft. There is also a cheat mod available in the workshop that will make any part of the game extremely "happy" for you as in you will be invincible.

I was joking about the happy part. But I guess I was just confused that it took this many updates to now make using the kiln/furnace/smelter dangerous as oppose to when it was first introduced in the mod. I'm still concerned about the fires suddenly appearing since there isn't a good description on just how the new fire hazard surrounding those items work. I know burning food in the oven can cause fire, but what about using the kiln or smelter? 

20 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

It's basically done. Just waiting on the nutrition system to go on the public branch.

Most of the nutrition system conversion was done by my amazing girlfriend! Without her i don't think i would have been able to convert all the food to the new system. So if you want to thank anyone, thank her for her hard work on converting Hydrorcraft to the new nutrition system.

Wow it is good to have a partner that share the same hobby :)