Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Making a pillow consumes the ten feathers but leaves the pillow case and creates no pillow. Also pillows, i humbly think, should be made with any kind of feather not just white.

Edited by Robshaw

First time posting and I want to say I really enjoy the hell out of Hydrocraft since I love crafting. While I'm curious to see what the next update will detail, I have a bit of a problem that I could use help on.

After at least five tries with the dog whistle, I managed to snag myself a collie so now I can track animals, but when I selected the option (making sure I had both cow poop and rope), no animal showed up and now I have to spend at least a full day or two finding more cow poop since I only had one and it took me a while to even find that. Is this a bug or what since I was looking forward to gaining a new source of milk and I don't want to risk losing the two goat poops I held on to?

Edited by SereneAngel218
Spell Checking

1 hour ago, SereneAngel218 said:

First time posting and I want to say I really enjoy the hell out of Hydrocraft since I love crafting. While I'm curious to see what the next update will detail, I have a bit of a problem that I could use help on.

After at least five tries with the dog whistle, I managed to snag myself a collie so now I can track animals, but when I selected the option (making sure I had both cow poop and rope), no animal showed up and now I have to spend at least a full day or two finding more cow poop since I only had one and it took me a while to even find that. Is this a bug or what since I was looking forward to gaining a new source of milk and I don't want to risk losing the two goat poops I held on to?

Just bad luck. Keep searching. Its 50/50 chance to get an animal or not.

On 3/12/2016 at 4:49 PM, Hydromancerx said:

Just bad luck. Keep searching. Its 50/50 chance to get an animal or not.

Ah, Thanks for the response. I was just a bit irked since I was having a difficult time finding poop while I had no problem gathering berries and bugs (except for honeybees and beehives, grr...). I was finally able to snag two goats and a pig as well as a chicken, even if it was a male. I'm not going to give up until I get a cow and a female chicken, even if it kills me (or more likely my character, but you get what I mean.) 

telescopes_zpsilfeqpij.jpg

Hydrocraft v5.8 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Pickled Broccoli

- Fixed Smoker

- Replaced Corpse Art

- Added Feral Poop

- Fixed Tie Dye Shirt

- Improved Gas Mask Added to Smelting

- Hemp Seed Added to Mystery Seed Packet Results

- Fixed Make Pillow

- Fixed Disappearing Gloves from Making Meth

- Bug Catching, Gather Flora and Mining make you tired now.

- Added 10 New Lab Equipment

- Added 6 New Astronomy Items

- Added Nuts and Bolts

- Added 6 New Pharmacy Items

- Added 10 New Yogurts

- Added a bunch of new Detonator items for Bombs

- Added Napalm Making

- Dismantling Electronics now gives you more items.

- Kilns, Smelters, Blast Furnaces and Industrial Furnaces now can burn you and even cause fires!

- Added Fire Protective Gear such as Fire Fighting Hat, Fire Fighting Suit and Fire Suit.

- Added 3D Weapons by francogp (Requires Mod Loader By Jab to See them!)!!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Cant unequip bags from the back, even if i threw them on the floor. Errors keep appearing on the console.

yfHRTTX.png

Edit: You cant unequip anything, you can equip something over like weapons, but cant remove clothes or bags. 

Edited by EUDOXIO

31 minutes ago, EUDOXIO said:

Cant unequip bags from the back, even if i threw them on the floor. Errors keep appearing on the console.

yfHRTTX.png

Edit: You cant unequip anything, you can equip something over like weapons, but cant remove clothes or bags. 

That's the ModelLoader workshop lua extension. Don't use it for multiplayer right now. You don't need it for the weapons portion. That'll solve the issue right away.

Edited by Jab

Can you tell me where do fire  suits and any other fire protecting gears can be found?

I just died from making red bricks with Kiln.... Is there any alternate way not to get damage from using such furnitures?

It seems like 100% you are getting damaged no matter what. 

7 hours ago, strategiry said:

Searching through the files, it looks like the Fire suit spawns in 'mechanic wardrobes'.

Although you can get partial protection from a combo of Firefighter Jacket/BlacksmithApron + Firefighter Helmet/Welding Mask

Do u know how they look like?

With the way we can move furniture now, would it be possible to make some items, Like the carpenters bench for e.g. placeable as a piece of furniture and then interact with it that way, instead of just dropping them on the ground?

Edited by Neutralnz1

1 hour ago, Neutralnz1 said:

With the way we can move furniture now, would it be possible to make some items, Like the carpenters bench for e.g. placeable as a piece of furniture and then interact with it that way, instead of just dropping them on the ground?

Making new placble objects is still very difficult to do. We are still having issues with the spiked log berries and stone pillars. If we ever figure out those the maybe we can make more placable items. But for now having large items is WAY easier to do.

Where are these Fire protecting gears be found? I found Firefighter helmet at police station.. and that's it.. 

Aggressivegaming wiki is not updated it yet.. so could anyone help?

Smithing Apron doesn't protect u from burns either.. just reduce the damage intake a bit.

Seems bit underpowered considering the effort you had to put on it to make.

Hey hydromanxer this update is fucking awesome! thank you very much. I am having trouble figuring out exactly how the new smelters, forges and kilns work concerning fire damage. Every time you use one is there a random chance you will be burned? Fire starts on the ground you stand? You need a full fireman's suit and gear to blacksmith and not get burned? If this is the case then this needs a serious nerfing. As one of the few wierdos who actually does smelt (I am a plumber gas fitter and i collect copper scraps and melt them down in a tiny smelter the size of a flower pot in my back yard to make copper ingots for money at the recycler) I can tell you all you need is a good pair of gloves and you are fine. Maybe safety glasses would be a good idea and an apron would reduce any chance you ever had of hurting yourself to almost nothing. Needing fireman's gear is waaay over kill in my humble opinion. Both in terms of realism and game balance I humbly suggest you make only three items necessary, Gloves, apron and safety glasses.

Edited by Robshaw

43 minutes ago, Robshaw said:

Hey hydromanxer this update is fucking awesome! thank you very much. I am having trouble figuring out exactly how the new smelters, forges and kilns work concerning fire damage. Every time you use one is there a random chance you will be burned? Fire starts on the ground you stand? You need a full fireman's suit and gear to blacksmith and not get burned? If this is the case then this needs a serious nerfing. As one of the few wierdos who actually does smelt (I am a plumber gas fitter and i collect copper scraps and melt them down in a tiny smelter the size of a flower pot in my back yard to make copper ingots for money at the recycler) I can tell you all you need is a good pair of gloves and you are fine. Maybe safety glasses would be a good idea and an apron would reduce any chance you ever had of hurting yourself to almost nothing. Needing fireman's gear is waaay over kill in my humble opinion. Both in terms of realism and game balance I humbly suggest you make only three items necessary, Gloves, apron and safety glasses.

I'm trying to figure this out too, you can see how it works in HCFire.lua. As far as I can tell all you need is to have the items in your inventory and you should get between 50-75% protection depending on the gear you have, but with the blacksmith apron and welding mask I still get burned 90% of the time using the kiln, and most of the time its two burns.

Edit: So what I'm gathering is, the fire protection gear only reduces the damage you take from a burn that comes from the smelter, forge, kiln.

Each time you use one of these objects, the game rolls twice for burns. Once for head, once for body.

Kiln is an 81% chance to be burned, the Smelter is an 86% chance to be burned, the Blast Furnace has a 91% chance to be burned, and the Industrial Furnace is a 96% chance to be burned.

Also each object has different chances to do greater damage, a kiln will always do burntype 0, but a Industrial Furnace can roll between 0-3 burntypes.

Edited by Eila