Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hi ! 

I just found your mod and think its very interesting. Do you have some sort of tutorial, becasue there are TOO many things added and it confuses me 

The best way to find out how to use this mod and it's features, is to read the script files. There is no Wiki as of yet but it is being worked on.

You can find the scripts here:

C:\Users\yourusername\Zomboid\mods\Hydrocraft\media\scripts

I'm getting this error

STACK TRACE
-----------------------------------------
function: arrowBoltSpawn -- file: HCExtra.lua line # 433
Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@46e0e29b
function: fillContainer -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 62

Could anyone help me with art? The moderators are wanting me to take down my mod since it includes art from other games like Farmville. I need help replacing the art with new art, Otherwise I will have to take down the mod.

EDIT: Looking over all the art in the mod there are 718 art I can keep since they are either from other mods or done for the mod. However there are 266 art taken from other games that I would need to get replaced. :(

Could anyone help me with art? The moderators are wanting me to take down my mod since it includes art from other games like Farmville. I need help replacing the art with new art, Otherwise I will have to take down the mod.

EDIT: Looking over all the art in the mod there are 718 art I can keep since they are either from other mods or done for the mod. However there are 266 art taken from other games that I would need to get replaced. :(

Just to put this straight, we have not asked you to take down the mod and are not going to stop you from distributing it elsewhere.

We have asked if you have permission to use the assets of the games you took them from. 

Our modding rules and guidelines state "Only post content you created or have permission to use (with evidence)". Not only does this serve the purpose of keeping us safe, but also you as a modder. 

As a copyright owner holds the exclusive right for reproduction and derivative works, it does not matter if you are making profit by using their assets or not. The owner retains the exclusive right to decide what their material is used for. In enough cases, they are basically "forced" to protect their work in order to not provide a chance for a precedence case, which could even cause them to lose their rights.

We aren't going to discuss the possibility of "fair use" here to save you a lot of attorney fees (realistically, all you'd likely receive is a cease and desist letter). 

It comes down to having explicit permission. Giving credit is noble but doesn't grant you the right to use the material in question.

In the process, The Indie Stone will not allow such mods on their personal and private forum. We can't and won't force you to stop distributing the mod at places meant for mod distribution such as PZ-Mods or Nexusmods, but we won't allow their display on our forums.

If you want to use assets you have not created, ask the creator or right owner for explicit permission.

Shoot the guys at Zynga a message, asking for permission.

Crosspost

Hydrocraft v2.0b has been released.

This version has no art from Farmville, Pioneer Trail or Haven & Hearth. If you do find any art that I missed removing please let me know. I will try to get as many icons replaced as I can by next Friday. Note since there are around 266 icons missing you will get a lot of "?" icons. Thus I suggest if you already have v2.0 to keep it and wait until next week.

I love this game and want to keep modding for it. If that means I will have to take time and do all the art, then I guess new content will have to wait. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but it was not clear that we could not use outside sources, only that we could not uses other mods without permission (which I have time and time again). Thanks to those mods I actually have some art that doesn't have to be removed and I thank them for that. As well as thanks to the various artists who have already helped out with the mod.

If you are an artist who wishes to help fill in the missing art pleas let me know. I would great appreciate your help.

sorry if this has been asked before, but

Does this mod and the Drip Irrigation farming (water Pipes), work together.

as they both add "Garden Hose", as a noob to Lua coding, this sounds like it would conflict.

And if they do, is their a workaround, or do i have to choose?

Thanks in advance

deer_zpsn7kltrdt.jpg

Hydrocraft v2.0 has been released!

Which includes ...

- 30 New Books

- 13 New Breeds of Dogs

- Dog Bowl, Dog Whistle and Dog Poop.

- You can now feed dogs and get a happy benefit as well as Dog Poop.

- You can search for Stray Dogs by using the Dog Whistle and Binoculars.

- Added Apple Cider, Mason Trowel, Chisel, Typewriter and Hand Dolly.

- The Hand Dolly works like the Wheelbarrow but is lighter but holds less.

- The Smelter now requires 10 Clay and a Mason Trowel in addition to the 20 Bricks it already requires.

- The Great Sword was fixed to require 2 Handed only.

- Arrows and Bolts now can be retrieved from corpses.

- Added Coffin, Tombstone and Grave. You can now bury your loved ones who did not make it.

- Many bug fixes.

- Adds a Male and Female deer you can track down using Binoculars and Deer Poop. You cannot do anything with them yet. However it's planed to be able to kill, skin and butcher them.

Enjoy! :D

So,will the deers flee when they are hunted?

No they just kind of appear in your inventory. Like I said not much has been added for them other then them being added. However now I need to make/find new art for them, since I can't use Farmville stuff anymore (at least not if I want to keep this thread on the official forum).

I opened a box of qtips and dropped one somewhere so could not box them back up and putting them into a container left me with no room left so I just left them behind haha.

Fortune cookie when being broke gives an error.

Hello I recently downloaded your hydrocraft mod along with the expanded building mod and I have a question. First off, these are my first mods so I don't know a lot about any mods. I read that you had to change a lot of icons and when I started playing I noticed that almost every house had a item with the question mark icon. So I was just wondering is this suppose to be like this until you find new icons or is something wrong on my end? Also, is there a list of items that do not have icons yet? Thanks

Currently a lot of the icons are being replaced in the mod.

Are you planning on giving experience to skills based on crafting items? (Cooking automatically gives exp for food items but not crafting.)

This is the code from the recipecode.lua under the server folder.

-- Default function to award XP when for using a recipe.function DefaultRecipe_OnGiveXP(recipe, ingredients, result, player)    for i=1,ingredients:size() do      if ingredients:get(i-1):getType() == "Plank" then      player:getXp():AddXP(Perks.Woodwork, 1)    endendif instanceof(result, "Food") then    player:getXp():AddXP(Perks.Cooking, 3)  elseif result:getType() == "Plank" then    player:getXp():AddXP(Perks.Woodwork, 3)end

You could add in your own stuff to there in a custom file to add experience to other items.

IE:

elseif result:getType() == "Wood Cube" then

player:getXp()AddXp(Perks.Woodwork, 1)

elseif result:getType() == "Wood Ring" then

player:getXp()AddXp(Perks.Woodwork, 1)

elseif result:getType() == "Wood Bucket" then

player:getXp()AddXp(Perks.Woodwork, 3)

This works for carpentry and for some items you could add farming experience to them somehow.

IE: building traps could give bonuses to the trapping exp (low bonuses)

Maybe if they add stuff in other than carpentry it would work out to be better as each recipe could give custom exp to the correct skill.

Hello I recently downloaded your hydrocraft mod along with the expanded building mod and I have a question. First off, these are my first mods so I don't know a lot about any mods. I read that you had to change a lot of icons and when I started playing I noticed that almost every house had a item with the question mark icon. So I was just wondering is this suppose to be like this until you find new icons or is something wrong on my end? Also, is there a list of items that do not have icons yet? Thanks

Sorry you came at a weird point in the mod. There are around 266 items that we have to replace their art for. So the current version is missing all 266 of them. Having missing icons is however better than having to take down this forum thread for the mod. Some people have offered to help fill in the art so, hopefully a new update can be made that replaces all missing art.

Here is the topic on the progress.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14127-looking-for-artists-for-hydrocraft-mod/

I kept getting errors about stack trace and arrowboltspawn

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: arrowBoltSpawn -- file: HCExtra.lua line # 433Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@16bfce07function: fillContainer -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 98-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: arrowBoltSpawn -- file: HCExtra.lua line # 433Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@16bfce07function: fillContainer -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 41function: refreshBackpacks -- file: ISInventoryPage.lua line # 927function: dirtyUI -- file: ISInventoryPage.lua line # 731function: OnContainerUpdate -- file: ISInventoryPage.lua line # 1355java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index of non-table    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.luaAssert(KahluaUtil.java:79)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableSet(KahluaThread.java:1581)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:574)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1722)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1667)    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)    at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)    at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:138)    at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEventGarbage(LuaEventManager.java:147)    at zombie.Lua.LuaManager$GlobalObject.triggerEvent(LuaManager.java:1443)    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor339.invoke(Unknown Source)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker.call(MultiLuaJavaInvoker.java:55)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:181)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:981)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1722)    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1667)    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)    at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)    at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:83)    at zombie.iso.objects.IsoDeadBody.<init>(IsoDeadBody.java:405)    at zombie.ai.states.StaggerBackDieState.execute(StaggerBackDieState.java:334)    at zombie.ai.StateMachine.update(StateMachine.java:130)    at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:8715)    at zombie.characters.IsoZombie.update(IsoZombie.java:1673)    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1418)    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5252)    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2265)    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1153)    at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:624)    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1152)    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:977)    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:162)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)    at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)    at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)function: arrowBoltSpawn -- file: HCExtra.lua line # 433Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@16bfce07function: fillContainer -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 41function: refreshBackpacks -- file: ISInventoryPage.lua line # 927function: dirtyUI -- file: ISInventoryPage.lua line # 731function: OnContainerUpdate -- file: ISInventoryPage.lua line # 1355

it basically repeats over and over as containers are loaded haha.