Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Is Dry Zombie skin used for anything? I'm not seeing anything using it in the wiki.

Used to be able to make Leather with it but it seems like that was removed, so i guess now you gotta use one of these animal furs -> http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/recipe.php?ID=1090

Ok, but I was wondering what to actually do with the 50+ dried skins I have.

Also, I noticed that Hydro linked to the sourdough in response to the other person's question about yeast. Is there a step I'm missing where you can get yeast from sourdough?

dognames_zpsc9w3f6in.jpg

All dogs were made into Bags that hold 0 weight. And since bags can be renamed, you can now rename your dogs (when v5.3 comes out). Note that dogs wearing war dog armor cannot be renamed since they are weapons. Likewise adding or removing bags from pack dogs will delete the name. So you will have to rename the dog.

Is Dry Zombie skin used for anything? I'm not seeing anything using it in the wiki.

Used to be able to make Leather with it but it seems like that was removed, so i guess now you gotta use one of these animal furs -> http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/recipe.php?ID=1090

Ok, but I was wondering what to actually do with the 50+ dried skins I have.

Also, I noticed that Hydro linked to the sourdough in response to the other person's question about yeast. Is there a step I'm missing where you can get yeast from sourdough?

I can't see any use for Sourdough, unless it is used in some kind of special way, like an inventory menu from right clicking on it. 

How does hunting work? I have been trying to find animal poop for days now with no luck. Is there any foraging level requirement? Mine is 1.

you can also see all possible items that can be aquired via foragin here - http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/itemlist.php?wherein=forage

and to see what lvl foraging you need just click on any one from the list and it will show under the Locations heading

If i am in drayton right now, and hydrocraft updated to 5.2, do i need to go to Muldraugh or west point in order to find the new skill books? or can i find them inside of bookcases that i havnt "loaded" inside of drayton?

I actually never found any of the new books on a shelf. However, by removing the cover from a "Book", it turns into a random book, which can be one of the new ones. So I went to the bookstore and removed the covers from all the "Books".

If i am in drayton right now, and hydrocraft updated to 5.2, do i need to go to Muldraugh or west point in order to find the new skill books? or can i find them inside of bookcases that i havnt "loaded" inside of drayton?

I actually never found any of the new books on a shelf. However, by removing the cover from a "Book", it turns into a random book, which can be one of the new ones. So I went to the bookstore and removed the covers from all the "Books".

when it comes to updating hydrocraft into a single player game that you've been playing on for awhile you have to leave the area you've been in and go to a completely unloaded new area of the map to find anything 'new' added into the mod. say your in drayton, you might want to walk to westpoint in order to find newly added items or parts of drayton you've never been to before 

Could we get a way to craft chipped stones please?

They can be foraged and mined with beginner level skill. They're also not very useful, as their version of tools are inferior to normal ones, and arrow heads are more plentiful to make from bone.

They can be foraged and mined with beginner level skill. They're also not very useful, as their version of tools are inferior to normal ones, and arrow heads are more plentiful to make from bone.

The problem is if your on multiplayer sometimes you can't find the items to build a mine...

And for some dumb reason I can't seem to ever forage them I might get 1 out of 50+ tries XD.

The problem is if your on multiplayer sometimes you can't find the items to build a mine...

And for some dumb reason I can't seem to ever forage them I might get 1 out of 50+ tries XD.

Well, if you find a collander, a spade, and a sandbag you can always Sift Dirt instead of mining.

Well, if you find a collander, a spade, and a sandbag you can always Sift Dirt instead of mining.

Today I found a spade! I did not know I could do that with a sandbag/spade/collander XD

Also could we get the empty bags of charcoal to go poof when used up?

Last time I used charcoal I had 5 empty 8pound bags afterwords.

What's the chance of being able to craft an incinerator?  Something that would destroy anything you put in it.  For MP servers when you want to get rid of the loot that can be burned or stuffed on zombies? 

The kiln can burn zombies. So put items you want to destroy in the zombies inventory and then cook them in the kiln. Note you will get charcoal as a result.

I know that.  But there is a weight limit to what you can stuff into zombies.  Then you gotta kill zombies and stuff them.  It's a tedious process for large quantities of stuff that accumulates, when say mining or foraging for specific items.    Not sure how intensive it would be to create something like that with a large capacity.

I know that.  But there is a weight limit to what you can stuff into zombies.  Then you gotta kill zombies and stuff them.  It's a tedious process for large quantities of stuff that accumulates, when say mining or foraging for specific items.    Not sure how intensive it would be to create something like that with a large capacity.

Code wise its much easier to code for burning 2 types of zombies than it is to code for every type of item in the game and the mod to burn. Also the crafting menu would be very crowded with so many items to burn. Look at how crowded it already is for "Make Charcoal".

i have a question, the items i can mine, are better if i have a high lvl of forragin?

yes. The higher your foraging level the more rare items you can get.