Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Me and a friend are trying to play the mod in his server, he doesnt have any problem but for me, in multiplayer only, when I log on the text before joinning is replaced with multicolor squares, and when inside the game every text exept the name of the items gets replaced by color changing squares, I do have a picture of it, (and since I'm new I dont know how to put it) but I could give it to you if needed. If you have a way to fix this please do tell me as I would like to play this mod.

I am also sorry for my english.

So, getting the tredmill was a journey to say the least.

While going through all the phases (building like 10 facilities to get the materials to fully upgrade the junkyard) was fun, finding out the tredmill mojo is broken wasnt, and the journey soon ventured outside of the game itself.

Not only getting the treadmill itself is broken, repairing it and actually using it too. I ended up understanding the coding behind all this and fixing three files, almost like the tredmill was actually disabled on purpose.

Anyway for anyone who wants to do this himself there are them steps:

First off, you want to find your JunkyardExtra.lua located at Hydrocraft\media\lua\server to be actually able to find the broken tredmill to begin this.

There we will fix one required and two optional lines.

in section hcjunksearchmagnet we will change the "player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCJunktremill");" line to "player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCJunktredmill");" for us to be able to find the tredmill.

Optionally, we might want to change the "inv:AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCHugebatterydead");" line to "inv:AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCBatteryhugedead");" to get the empty battery back from the search, as originaly intended.

Also, while in the file, you might want to change the "function hcjunksearchlarge(items, result, player)" line to "function hcjunlsearchlarge(items, result, player)" to fix regular box junk searching as well. Fixing the file for an incorrect spelling to obey an obvious typo doesnt go over well, but keeps us from touching other files.

Next up, we will make sure to be able to actually repair it. To do so, we will need to find our Gym.txt located at Hydrocraft\media\scripts . At recipes section, look up this "SkillRequired:Electrical=3," line and change it to "SkillRequired:Electricity=3,", or delete it completely. While im just guessing thats what its supposed to be, electrical is used in this recipe only, all the others using electricity.

Finally, we will fix the exercising itself. For this step, we will need to locate the HCTrainingxp.lua file back in Hydrocraft\media\lua\server and change the "player:getXp():AddXP(Perks.Sprinting, 10);" line to "pl:getXp():AddXP(Perks.Sprinting, 10);" Just as a tip, while in there, you might want to mess around with your weight bench gain a bit as well, just so you dont need 10 000 towels to get a level.

You should now have a working tredmill as i do, and as intended.

I would upload them fixed files but im not allowed to. Well.

So, getting the tredmill was a journey to say the least.

While going through all the phases (building like 10 facilities to get the materials to fully upgrade the junkyard) was fun, finding out the tredmill mojo is broken wasnt, and the journey soon ventured outside of the game itself.

Not only getting the treadmill itself is broken, repairing it and actually using it too. I ended up understanding the coding behind all this and fixing three files, almost like the tredmill was actually disabled on purpose.

Anyway for anyone who wants to do this himself there are them steps:

First off, you want to find your JunkyardExtra.lua located at Hydrocraft\media\lua\server to be actually able to find the broken tredmill to begin this.

There we will fix one required and two optional lines.

in section hcjunksearchmagnet we will change the "player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCJunktremill");" line to "player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCJunktredmill");" for us to be able to find the tredmill.

Optionally, we might want to change the "inv:AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCHugebatterydead");" line to "inv:AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCBatteryhugedead");" to get the empty battery back from the search, as originaly intended.

Also, while in the file, you might want to change the "function hcjunksearchlarge(items, result, player)" line to "function hcjunlsearchlarge(items, result, player)" to fix regular box junk searching as well. Fixing the file for an incorrect spelling to obey an obvious typo doesnt go over well, but keeps us from touching other files.

Next up, we will make sure to be able to actually repair it. To do so, we will need to find our Gym.txt located at Hydrocraft\media\scripts . At recipes section, look up this "SkillRequired:Electrical=3," line and change it to "SkillRequired:Electricity=3,", or delete it completely. While im just guessing thats what its supposed to be, electrical is used in this recipe only, all the others using electricity.

Finally, we will fix the exercising itself. For this step, we will need to locate the HCTrainingxp.lua file back in Hydrocraft\media\lua\server and change the "player:getXp():AddXP(Perks.Sprinting, 10);" line to "pl:getXp():AddXP(Perks.Sprinting, 10);" Just as a tip, while in there, you might want to mess around with your weight bench gain a bit as well, just so you dont need 10 000 towels to get a level.

You should now have a working tredmill as i do, and as intended.

I would upload them fixed files but im not allowed to. Well.

Thanks for finding these bugs. They shall be corrected in the next release.

tredmill blah blah blah

Thanks for finding these bugs. They shall be corrected in the next release.

No problem. Just as a suggestion tho, you might want to think about tweaking the xp rewards from your gym equipment a bit. While other xp gains are reasonable, strenght requires insane ammounts of xp in comparison to regular skills. Increasing the yield ten fold would still require about 5 thousand towels to max out a guys strenght, making it still unreachable but a tiny bit rewarding.

10 xp is just a laugh after building up all the equipment and hoarding them towels.

Also, the tredmill should also give some fitness xp.

My proposal would be:

Weight bench - 100 xp towards strenght

Punching bag - 10 xp towards nimble as it already is, 50 xp towards fitness

Tredmill - 10 xp towards sprinting as is, 100 xp towards fitness

I'm quite excited for 5.0 today! Cant believe you dont 50 updates to the mod man, thats quite an achievement and just look how much its evolved! from a simple items mod to the #1 mod for project zomboid, as my signature says, PZ is never the same without it :) Great work Hydro, and to all of us who's helped him and each other with this fantastic mod!

I'm quite excited for 5.0 today! Cant believe you dont 50 updates to the mod man, thats quite an achievement and just look how much its evolved! from a simple items mod to the #1 mod for project zomboid, as my signature says, PZ is never the same without it :) Great work Hydro, and to all of us who's helped him and each other with this fantastic mod!

No update today. I am taking a break for the holidays.

No update today. I am taking a break for the holidays.

haha no problem man, you deserve it! have a great holiday  

Hydrocraft v4.9 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Unknown Mushroom bug.

- Reduce spice spawning rate at supermarket.

- Added 21 more spices from the Spice mod by kinyoshi.

- Added 6 packs of soda pop.

- Added Canned Cream of Chicken.

- Added Blackberry Pie and Cornbread.

- Added Bag of Sunflower Seeds

- Added Box of Chalk

- Added 6 new foragables.

- Added a craftable saw made of stone! (For those having trouble finding a saw in the wilderness.)

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

(tophat) Where can we download it?

Hydrocraft v4.9 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Unknown Mushroom bug.

- Reduce spice spawning rate at supermarket.

- Added 21 more spices from the Spice mod by kinyoshi.

- Added 6 packs of soda pop.

- Added Canned Cream of Chicken.

- Added Blackberry Pie and Cornbread.

- Added Bag of Sunflower Seeds

- Added Box of Chalk

- Added 6 new foragables.

- Added a craftable saw made of stone! (For those having trouble finding a saw in the wilderness.)

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

(tophat) Where can we download it?

Here ...

http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/Hydrocraft/

Or subscribe on steam and it will automatically update.

Hello Hydro,

finally i gave your mod a try and its very awesome.

i have some feedback and its mostly about balancing the gameplay(and sorry for my bad english).

This mod is giving the player a lot of possibilities creating a lot of fun.

But every single possibility/option is making your survival a bit easier.

- Skinning Zombie corpses and cooking them for food should be disabled or changed

Zombies dont decay or rot so you have an unlimited source of food making the great idea of ranching, fishing, trapping and farming obsolete.

- Butter

One bucket of milk gives you 4 Milk -> 16 butter

This means one rotten cabage can create about 480 points of nutrition

One bucket of milk should create 1 butter

- Ranching

Once you have animals, the game becomes very easy

Maybe Animals should have kind of a health bar/age bar like other items too.

For example you should be able to feed an animal for 8 times breed for 4 times and milk for 20 times and sheer wool for 50 times.

Once an animal is exhausted there should be only the way to kill it for flesh.

- Weaving

Very cool idea but it seems to be unbalanced and unfinished at this moment

For example crafting ropes through wool is very hard.

You need to shear/feed a sheep 300 times to get one rope, while killing 3 zombies leaves you with 2 ropes

At the moment: 300 wool -> 30 garn -> 3 thin ropes -> 1 rope

Should be: 12 wool -> 3 garn -> 3 thin ropes -> 1 rope

- Slingshots

Once you reach level 2 in aiming this weapon becomes overpowered, especially becouse it does not use any ammo.

On other hand its nearly impossible to use bows and crossbows against zombies because of the high costs of ammo.

Some ideas: make arrows and bolts easier to craft and increase the ammount of ammo that is needed to hunt animals.

Once slingshots are fixed maybe it would be a good idea to craft BBs from Stones?

It should also be considered that you need a way to train aiming without making noise....the balance between fun and hard work is important. 

- Mining

Mining is producing to many stones. Maybe increase the mining time factor and the ammount of valuable minerals so you dont have to mine up thousends of stones to get some achievment. I tried to put all the stones into zombie corpses and butcher them or burn them in a kiln to charcoal, but its hard work to get all the rubbish away.

- Bug while crafting Blast Furnace

Crafting the blast furnace is leaving you with 2 nearly empty buckets of concrete. Would be cool when this buckets just disappear or become empty.

This posting is not to criticise your work, but to give you some feedback from a players point of view.

Thanks a lot and have nice holidays!

firtrees_zpsc6nq3pan.jpg

Here is a preview of something I am testing. They are plantable trees. Like the vending machines I tested awhile back they weigh 1000 so even a oxen drawn wagon cannot pick one up. This also means you better place it where you want it. When placing you need to stand where you want it. Its my way around not having to make placable objects. Which we still have not gotten right. Note the tree art is from Dajikun's Haven & Hearth mod that I got permission to use. If it looks familiar to you. There are other trees from that mod I will want to use as well.

Note the down side is that they don't grow without the player, you can pass through them with no resistance and they stay the same no matter what the season or if there is snow. But they are a good step to new stuff.

Hi im new to this mod and im a little overwhelmed by the contend it add :)

Is there a wiki, so i can read the use of all the items? for example a scarecrow is there any use of it or is it just deko?

And does this mod add any new ways to lvl up? If yes can someone pls tell me all possibilitys, especially for foraging if there is a way.

(Normal foraging takes so long to lvl but i need them for mining, i guess?)

Hi im new to this mod and im a little overwhelmed by the contend it add :)

Is there a wiki, so i can read the use of all the items? for example a scarecrow is there any use of it or is it just deko?

And does this mod add any new ways to lvl up? If yes can someone pls tell me all possibilitys, especially for foraging if there is a way.

(Normal foraging takes so long to lvl but i need them for mining, i guess?)

1a. Yeah the wiki links were listed on the first page. However here are the links again for you.

http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/itemlist.php

http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/recipelist.php

1b. Yes its just decoration.

2a. Yes you can use things like a Treadmill, Weights, Punching Bag and Archery Target to level up skills.

2b. If you use "Gather Flora" recipe you can gain Foraging skill faster than normal foraging. But you only find plants and fungi.

Cant get any screws( And whole craft bunch need them.

Also I made some changes for myself, maybe smn will be interested:

Saltshaker recipe - all cooking is useless without salt. Dont really want to change native recipe to left mod item. so just craft it:

Glassworking.txt

recipe Create Saltshaker    {    HCGlassingot,	HCSteelingot,    Charcoal,    Lighter/Matches/PercedWood/HCMagnesiumstriker,    keep HCTongs,    keep HCIronblowpipe,    keep HCWorkgloves/HCOvenmitts,    keep HCSmelter,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:Hydrocraft.HCSaltshakerempty,    NeedToBeLearn:false,    Time:100,    Category:Glassworking,    }

Bow and crossbow rebalance/fix:

Changed Ammo type to arrows,bolts, also make bow more hard to no skill, but with more bonuses from skill. Crossbow slight more damage and knockback. Bow less damage, faster reload and tried to make clip for 20 arrows(reload bow is so stupid), but it didnt work.

item HCCrossbow	{		AimingPerkCritModifier		=	10,		AimingPerkHitChanceModifier	=	15,		AImingPerkMinAngleModifier	=	0.05,		AimingPerkRangeModifier		=	1.5,		AimingTime			=	20,		AmmoType			=	HCXbowbolt,		ClipSize			=	1,		ConditionLowerChanceOneIn	=	60,		ConditionMax			=	10,		CriticalChance			=	15,		DisplayName			=	Crossbow,		DoorDamage			=	1,		HitChance			=	40,		Icon				=	HCCrossbow,		ImpactSound			=	null,		IsAimedFirearm			=	TRUE,		KnockBackOnNoDeath		=	TRUE,		KnockdownMod			=	0.4,		MaxDamage			=	1.8,		MinDamage			=	0.8,		MinAngle			=	0.95,		MaxRange			=	7,		MinRange			=	0.61,		MinimumSwingTime		=	1.5,		MaxHitCount			=	1,		MultipleHitConditionAffected	=	FALSE,		NPCSoundBoost			=	1.5,		ProjectileCount			=	1,		PushBackMod			=	0.45,		RecoilDelay			=	10,		ReloadTime			=	15,		RequiresEquippedBothHands	=	TRUE,		RunAnim				=	Run_weapon2,		Ranged				=	TRUE,		ShareDamage			=	FALSE,		SoundGain			=	1.5,		SoundRadius			=	5,		SoundVolume			=	75,		SplatBloodOnNoDeath		=	TRUE,		SplatNumber			=	1,		SplatSize			=	3,		SubCategory			=	Firearm,		SwingAnim			=	Rifle,		SwingTime			=	1.5,		SwingSound			=	Bow_fire,		SwingAmountBeforeImpact		=	0,		Type				=	Weapon,		ToHitModifier			=	1.5,		UseEndurance			=	FALSE,		WeaponSprite			=	Poolcue,		WeaponWeight			=	2,		Weight				=	2,	}item HCLongbow	{		AimingPerkCritModifier		=	15,		AimingPerkHitChanceModifier	=	20,		AImingPerkMinAngleModifier	=	0.1,		AimingPerkRangeModifier		=	2,		AimingTime			=	20,		AmmoType			=	HCArrow,		ClipSize			=	20,		ConditionLowerChanceOneIn	=	60,		ConditionMax			=	10,		CriticalChance			=	20,		DisplayName			=	Long Bow,		DoorDamage			=	5,		HitChance			=	20,		Icon				=	HCLongbow,		ImpactSound			=	null,		IsAimedFirearm			=	TRUE,		KnockBackOnNoDeath		=	TRUE,		KnockdownMod			=	0.3,		MaxDamage			=	1.4,		MinDamage			=	0.6,		MinAngle			=	0.95,		MaxRange			=	7,		MinRange			=	0.61,		MinimumSwingTime		=	1.5,		MaxHitCount			=	1,		MultipleHitConditionAffected	=	FALSE,		NPCSoundBoost			=	1.5,		ProjectileCount			=	1,		PushBackMod			=	0.2,		RecoilDelay			=	10,		ReloadTime			=	5,		RequiresEquippedBothHands	=	TRUE,		RunAnim				=	Run_weapon2,		Ranged				=	TRUE,		ShareDamage			=	FALSE,		SoundGain			=	1.5,		SoundRadius			=	5,		SoundVolume			=	75,		SplatBloodOnNoDeath		=	TRUE,		SplatNumber			=	1,		SplatSize			=	3,		SubCategory			=	Firearm,		SwingAnim			=	Rifle,		SwingTime			=	1.5,		SwingSound			=	Bow_fire,		SwingAmountBeforeImpact		=	0,		Type				=	Weapon,		ToHitModifier			=	1.5,		UseEndurance			=	TRUE,		WeaponSprite			=	Poolcue,		WeaponWeight			=	1,		Weight				=	1,	}

Also I changed arrow recipes to get more. Because current arrow recipe is too expensive to shoot:

recipe Make Arrow    {    	HCBlackfeathers/HCWhitefeathers/HCBrownfeathers/HCStripedfeather/HCBluejayfeather/HCDucttapefletching=5,    	HCStonearrowhead/HCBonearrowhead=10,	Woodglue/Glue/Scotchtape/DuctTape/HCTar,    	WoodenStick/Twigs=10,       	NeedToBeLearn:true,    	Result:HCArrow=10,    	Time:25,    	Category:Survivalist,    }recipe Make Bolt    {    	HCBlackfeathers/HCWhitefeathers/HCBrownfeathers/HCStripedfeather/HCBluejayfeather/HCDucttapefletching=5,    	HCStonearrowhead/HCBonearrowhead=10,	Woodglue/Glue/Scotchtape/DuctTape/HCTar,    	WoodenStick/Twigs=10,    	Result:HCXbowbolt=10,       	NeedToBeLearn:true,    	Time:25,       	Category:Engineer,    }

And twice more arrowheads(you reaaly can make even more from one bone/stone with such long craft time):

recipe Make Bone Arrowhead    {    keep KitchenKnife/HuntingKnife/HCJackknife,    HCBone/HCZombiebones,    Result:HCBonearrowhead=2,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:50,    Category:Survivalist,    }

And tone arrowhead:

Stoneworking.txt

recipe Make Stone Arrowhead    {    	SharpedStone,    	keep Stone/HCChisel,    	Result:HCStonearrowhead=2,    	NeedToBeLearn:true,    	Time:500,    	Category:Stoneworking,    }

Also minor change to native files to left sandbag from NPK fertiliser, because it has insane cost to grow potted plants if you need to craft sandbag every time. This is native items, so this will work without mod^

items.txt

item Fertilizer    {        Type				=		Drainable,        DisplayName			=		NPK Fertilizer,        Icon				=		TZ_IndieStoneNPK,        Weight				=		2.0,        UseDelta			=		0.25,        UseWhileEquipped	=	    false,        ReplaceOnDeplete	=	EmptySandbag,    }

But main pain are screws. Dont see easy method to add them