Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Then, the Tredmill is bugged. I don't know about the Weight Bench, since I figure Strenght is not measurable in game and is not in the UI. I have used it about 20-30 times without seing any changes, though.

Strength is measurable in the UI.

On the skills tab, at the top is an arrow, click it, and it shows your strength and fitness level. If you hover over the box after the yellow square, it tells you how far you are into gaining the next level.

Is it possible it has been added after 32.6? I can't see any arrow besides the one that "sticks" the entire chart to the screen.

Then, the Tredmill is bugged. I don't know about the Weight Bench, since I figure Strenght is not measurable in game and is not in the UI. I have used it about 20-30 times without seing any changes, though.

Strength is measurable in the UI.

On the skills tab, at the top is an arrow, click it, and it shows your strength and fitness level. If you hover over the box after the yellow square, it tells you how far you are into gaining the next level.

Is it possible it has been added after 32.6? I can't see any arrow besides the one that "sticks" the entire chart to the screen.

Yeah, i've only been playing a few weeks, but it was there when i started.

post-25238-0-40075000-1446308455_thumb.j

The Idea behind the Junkyard was more ... grab a Bag ... run run run ... empty it out on a safe place and sort it.

More like an professional recyling company than a stressed survivor on the run.

The size of the Junkyard symbolize the efficience of the recycling process.

On the small you empty out a bag ... on the Large you empty out but can better sort and handle the large trash items.

The Junkyard itself was never planned as an full alternativ too loot runs.

(i must say the balance in BD was very bad when i now take a look on it)

it like all stuff in PZ ... why build a bed when i can sleep on a chair. Why plant all thoose plants when i can eat worms and bugs ... its just for the feeling (and to have the chance to get some rare items you have missed on the loot run).

Some of the larger Buildings in BD needs very special items and the Junkyard/metalsearch should give every player the chance to build everything. Hmm i think it works a little bit like theese Computermoney/Gems/Special Items in Browsergames. But instead of Gems or Money you spend some Trash and get an Item that will fit to the energy you have invested in building the large Junkyard. 

The Junkyard should not be such an importend Item in the Game. See it like a Joker when you stuck in your Homebase and need some Metalparts or a broken Bike ;)

You can say Junkyard Roulette in the Zombie Apokalypse ;)

At least the Junkyard was only a refference to the Breaking Bad Junkyard and the Magnet when i start with this mod.

But if you want we can make a seperate discussion about the Junkyard and the way it works in game. Then can everybody throw in some ideas and we can try to make the Junkyard a little bit better.

maybe instead of needing trash bags to be used, we use trash bags to build it then use it with the work gloves or metal detector to scavenge stuff from it a limited number of time and it loses usefulness? then we can drop it somewhere (some bad neighborhood) and accumulate a large quantity of useless junk piles, similar to the erosion system lol

oh and hydro....why do we lose clothespins when we dry towels? those things last for years....

Only building the clothes line consumed, at least at 4.3 it worked. Hydro made towels become dirty instead of wet, maybe something was changed in the recipe, but it worked before

Yeah, now it becomes a dirty towel. It should be washed with soap and water, and then dried. This is a feature and not a bug.

Only building the clothes line consumed, at least at 4.3 it worked. Hydro made towels become dirty instead of wet, maybe something was changed in the recipe, but it worked before

Yeah, now it becomes a dirty towel. It should be washed with soap and water, and then dried. This is a feature and not a bug.

I Know, I meant that it did not consume the clothespins before. Maybe with that new change, something changed in the recipe and now it does consume the clothespins.

Anyone have any idea where Rock Salt comes from? When Hydromancer posted that it was fixed, i assumed i would start getting it from mining.

I haven't so far, and i've done a lot of mining since.

I've also never seen it anywhere in any container.

Has anyone ever gotten this?

oh and hydro....why do we lose clothespins when we dry towels? those things last for years....

That's a Bug you should not use them when drying towels.

I am not sure where you say this happens ...

recipe Dry Towel    {        destroy BathTowelWet,        keep HCClothespin=2,        keep HCClotheslinefull2,        Result:BathTowel,        Time:1000,        Category:Weaving,    }

Says it keeps the Clothepins.

Anyone have any idea where Rock Salt comes from? When Hydromancer posted that it was fixed, i assumed i would start getting it from mining.

Yes you get it from Mining or Sifting Dirt. There are more mineral choices now from then then normal foraging.

Yes you get it from Mining or Sifting Dirt. There are more mineral choices now from then then normal foraging.

Sifting dirt? how do you sift dirt? As for the mining, i spent about 5 in game days mining, i got a lot of new ores, but no Rock Salt.

I have 12 crates full of ores, different assorted things i have no idea what they are for (Jade, Meteorite, etc) Sandstone, Marble, and 20 palates of stone, plus tons of boxes of trash and bags of trash, zombie bones, worms etc etc, no Rock Salt at all.

And this is all after the patch that fixed rock salt.

Edit

Looking at the log while mining, it is telling me

ERROR: itemcontainer.Additem: Can't find Hydrocraft.HCGypsum

Nothing about Rocksalt though, is it just that rare?

I am mining using a PickAxe in an upgraded mine. Tried the Mining Drill, but each battery it takes only lasts for about 5 or so mining actions, and hitting mine all, then putting it on the fastest speed to mine for a whole day, it just doesn't cut it.

Edited by Dumatoin

So does anyone use campfires to burn things to get rid of them? I know you can add corpses to fires for fuel as a mod, but like excess materials that you don't want cluttering your base is what I mean. Would it be too dangerous for a fire to get out of control that way? I don't really want to burn my base down so I'll wait for feedback. Thanks.

found a bug.. I highlighted it in pink..

in HCPlantScavengeDefinition.lua

local HCHempseeds = {};
HCHempseeds.type = "Hydrocraft.HCHempseeds";
HCHempseeds.minCount = 1;
HCHempseeds.maxCount = 2;
HCHempseeds.skill = 7;
local HCHempseeds = {};        
HCJuteseeds.type = "Hydrocraft.HCJuteseeds";
HCJuteseeds.minCount = 1;
HCJuteseeds.maxCount = 2;
HCJuteseeds.skill = 7;

Again, regarding Rock Salt.

While Rock Salt is listed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\108600\498441420\mods\Hydrocraft\media\scripts\Mining.txt"

It is not listed under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\108600\498441420\mods\Hydrocraft\media\lua\server\RockHCExtra.lua"

Which i am assuming is why it is not ever received while mining or sifting.

Also a line in Mining.txt  player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCGypsum "); there is a space after Gypsum, which is why i get the error in the log of ERROR: itemcontainer.Additem: Can't find Hydrocraft.HCGypsum

How can I get rid of all this bloody stone from mining? :???:

Well, you can make wood pallets, some thick rope, and then make stone pallets (at least for "Stone" i grab a chisel and turn the "Chipped Stone" into stone arrow heads for easy storage)

As for stuff like Marble and Limestone, i just toss it in boxes and hope there is a use for it before the next time i have to start over.

Of course, you can edit a file so they never show up. :P (but back up before doing so)

Save your Sandstone to make into Sand if you ever want to do Glassworking. Chalkrock is good for making chalk, though i've not found a use for chalk yet.

Small Bug Reporting:

Making Steel Ingots from Iron has an extra line in the recipe: "HCCoal/Charcoal". It requires then another Charcoal.

Coin press does not have the propper size when place. Probably missing the ResizeWorldIcon

How can I get rid of all this bloody stone from mining?  :???:

Well, you can make wood pallets, some thick rope, and then make stone pallets (at least for "Stone" i grab a chisel and turn the "Chipped Stone" into stone arrow heads for easy storage)

As for stuff like Marble and Limestone, i just toss it in boxes and hope there is a use for it before the next time i have to start over.

Of course, you can edit a file so they never show up.  :P (but back up before doing so)

Save your Sandstone to make into Sand if you ever want to do Glassworking. Chalkrock is good for making chalk, though i've not found a use for chalk yet.

Hopefully we could use it to leave marks on streets, even if its placing them like objects on the ground.

Can you decrease loot spawn of simple books ? ( Like English/Chinese and etc) I think they decrease spawn of other vanilla items. I can't find books on carpentry. Literally run across 50+ bookshelves.  Found huge pile of other books though that i think mostly useless... Started another game and still can't find axe. I just don't get it. I really enjoy your mod, but i feel like i because of overwhelming amount of items i can't find other item spawns. (mostly vanilla items like saw/axe/books). Every time i played without mod i happened to find everything i need within the first warehouse. 

P.S. I also scouted library in Mini Mall, which have like 10 bookshelves and no luck either... 

The quality of Russian translation is horrible. How its possible to change back to the English version of mod? Thank you.

В настройках игры переключи на Английский. Или залезь в папку с модом и удали папку ru - если хочешь оставить игру на Русском а мод на Английском... (да перевод ужасен)

The quality of Russian translation is horrible. How its possible to change back to the English version of mod? Thank you.

В настройках игры переключи на Английский. Или залезь в папку с модом и удали папку ru - если хочешь оставить игру на Русском а мод на Английском... (да перевод ужасен)

Супер, спасибо! Именно второй вариант я искал )

Can you decrease loot spawn of simple books ? ( Like English/Chinese and etc) I think they decrease spawn of other vanilla items. I can't find books on carpentry. Literally run across 50+ bookshelves.  Found huge pile of other books though that i think mostly useless... Started another game and still can't find axe. I just don't get it. I really enjoy your mod, but i feel like i because of overwhelming amount of items i can't find other item spawns. (mostly vanilla items like saw/axe/books). Every time i played without mod i happened to find everything i need within the first warehouse. 

P.S. I also scouted library in Mini Mall, which have like 10 bookshelves and no luck either... 

I found out about this yesterday, but, if you right click a common red book you can pull the cover off and get a hydrocraft book. It really helps if you're missing knowledge. I don't think they turn into regular PZ books though.

found a bug.. I highlighted it in pink..

in HCPlantScavengeDefinition.lua

local HCHempseeds = {};
HCHempseeds.type = "Hydrocraft.HCHempseeds";
HCHempseeds.minCount = 1;
HCHempseeds.maxCount = 2;
HCHempseeds.skill = 7;
local HCHempseeds = {};        
HCJuteseeds.type = "Hydrocraft.HCJuteseeds";
HCJuteseeds.minCount = 1;
HCJuteseeds.maxCount = 2;
HCJuteseeds.skill = 7;

Thanks for reporting. Shall be fixed for the next update,

While Rock Salt is listed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\108600\498441420\mods\Hydrocraft\media\scripts\Mining.txt"

It is not listed under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\108600\498441420\mods\Hydrocraft\media\lua\server\RockHCExtra.lua"

Also a line in Mining.txt  player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCGypsum "); there is a space after Gypsum, which is why i get the error in the log of ERROR: itemcontainer.Additem: Can't find Hydrocraft.HCGypsum

You are right. I will add it to the list. Sorry for that I really thought I had added Rock Salt to the mining chances.

Found a bug sling shots use infinite ammo it never uses the ammo up lol

also you cant carve buskin pumpkins

1. Iam not sure why this happens.

2. Because there is not art for it yet.

Small Bug Reporting:

Making Steel Ingots from Iron has an extra line in the recipe: "HCCoal/Charcoal". It requires then another Charcoal.

Coin press does not have the propper size when place. Probably missing the ResizeWorldIcon

1. Ok will check it out.

2. Its actually a very small icon. So making it bigger would not help.

I am not sure but another guy is making new Translations. He told me it was horrible as well.

You are right. I will add it to the list. Sorry for that I really thought I had added Rock Salt to the mining chances.

Well, glad it can be fixed, i am seriously in need of salt! I can imagine with all the scripts and code you have to look at, a few things are going to be missed.

Guaranteed though, if you miss it again in the next update, you will hear me the second i load my game up. ;)

Keep up the great work, this mod is amazing!