Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Do you think adding 3D models?

For a 2D game?

The game renders weapons, clothes, and a few other things from 3d models. I think he was asking if you were planning on creating things like these.

Oh custom sprites. Maybe but at the moment they seem not to be modular in what they edit.

did i miss something with the recently update, someone told me it is possible now to build a well?? jesus, how long i waiting for this

if it is not to much more work after all these fast updates to this awesome mod, i would like to see a changelog on the first page

hydro, can you mod this? ;)

fishing_zpsuqgdqzuq.jpg

Hydrocraft v3.5 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Added Patch for Map Mod. Compass + Map should give distance now.

- Fixed Duck bugs.

- Possibly fixed Cage Trap blueprint stuff.

- Can Make Concrete (Concrete Ingot and Wooden Bucket of Concrete)

- Smelter, Blast Furnace, Well and Stone Pillar all require Concrete

- Tent Pegs now recycle for Aluminum and can be crafted.

- Can Make Homemade Kechup

- Fixed Jerky. No more Rodent jerky.

- Can Gather Flora (similar to bug hunting).

- Added Pumpkin, Pumpkin Seeds, Pumpkin Packet, Dried Pumpkin Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds Snack and Jack-o-Lantern.

- Added Slug and Leech.

- Added Meat Grinder and a TON of sausages! (Plus can make Meat Patties too!)

- Added Fungi Guidebook.

- Added Blacksmith's Apron and Cooking Apron.

- Added Oven Mitts to the loot table.

- Moved Mouse Trap recipe to Trapping category.

- Added Wooden Pallet, Pallet of Stone, Pallet of Red Bricks and Pallet of Grey Bricks.

- Pallets of Lumber and Lumber stacks are used in recipes with high numbers of planks instead.

- New Art for Lumber Pallet and Snail.

- Added Potted Chinese Cabbage, Potted Cucumber, Potted Garlic, Potted Green Onion and Potted Sweet Potato.

- More Breeds of Dogs were added to the Herding group.

- Added new craftable lures! Plus Hydrocraft bugs can be used for bait!

- Hot Glue Gun now has a use in crafting lures!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

fishing_zpsuqgdqzuq.jpg

Which includes ...

- Fixed Duck bugs.

- Added Pumpkin, Pumpkin Seeds, Pumpkin Packet, Dried Pumpkin Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds Snack and Jack-o-Lantern.

- Added Slug and Leech.

- Added Fungi Guidebook.

- Added Wooden Pallet, Pallet of Stone, Pallet of Red Bricks and Pallet of Grey Bricks.

- Pallets of Lumber and Lumber stacks are used in recipes with high numbers of planks instead.

- Added Potted Chinese Cabbage, Potted Cucumber, Potted Garlic, Potted Green Onion and Potted Sweet Potato.

Enjoy!

Very cool, great job as always!  

Emergency Patch v3.5b has been released! :o

Which includes ...

- Fixed Wooden Pallet Art

- Fixed results of Pallet of Lumber, Pallet of Stone, Pallet of Red Bricks and Pallet of Grey Bricks from giving 3 thick rope and 3 wooden pallets back when unpacking a pallet.

Sorry guys! Hopefully most of you have not even updated yet.

I'm at home today, and was debating loading PZ up - is there any chance that the changes to jerky could cause the nuke effect again? I'm a bit worried because I have some tasty jerky and some tasty rodent jerky in my kitchen atm, and all my kitchenware stuff is in there as well.

Removing items just disappear. The problem comes when you change an item to a different type of item.

So you will loose all rodent jerky because it no longer exists as an item. I recommend you eat them all before you update.

I'm at home today, and was debating loading PZ up - is there any chance that the changes to jerky could cause the nuke effect again? I'm a bit worried because I have some tasty jerky and some tasty rodent jerky in my kitchen atm, and all my kitchenware stuff is in there as well.

Removing items just disappear. The problem comes when you change an item to a different type of item.

So you will loose all rodent jerky because it no longer exists as an item. I recommend you eat them all before you update.

That's a relief, thank you. I think because I've got the mod installed through the Steam Workshop, it automatically updates - I'll have a poke around and see if there's an option for telling it not to update mods until prompted.

fishing_zpsuqgdqzuq.jpg

Which includes ...

- Fixed Duck bugs.

- Added Slug and Leech.

- Added Fungi Guidebook.

Enjoy!

I love it! cant tell you enough how happy I am to be helping out with this with the art. :)

Made Potato flour and the baking trays disappeared after it put it in the Ziploc bags, I'm guessing it used them up in the recipe?

Any way to make vinegar yet?

Be nice if you could make cereal from corn, bowl of cereal is one of my favorite recipes since milk tends to last for so long. 

I've been playing with the new update, and in general I'm enjoying it... I do have a few questions, though (I bet you're sick of hearing that by now!)

- I've found a few pallet of bricks, and discovered that I can't assemble crates of lumber any longer, because they're now pallets of lumber. That's not a biggie, but I noticed that even though I've found a few of the new pallet types, I haven't found any empty pallets. Is it possible to find them? When i've done long-distance raids on warehouses and garages, in the past I used to often find enough ropes in the warehouses that I could make a thick rope or two, so that if I found several lumber stacks, i could turn them into crates and bring them back. If there aren't any empty pallets on the loot tables, that makes bringing lumber back a little harder. Not a lot harder, but just a little.

- I remembered you mentioning that water towers were big storage containers for water. I've tried emptying water from other containers like bottles and cooking pots into the tower, but I can't find any way of doing it, whereas I have no problems moving water between other containers. Is that intentional?

- I'm not sure what the rarity settings are in the loot tables, but I'm getting a little worried about the apiculture items and Alice packs. I'm playing in New Denver, and set up in the alcohol warehouse; I've looted basically everything around there for at least two blocks, including all the way out to the coast and as far up as the three-storey house NoMIS was using as a base last season, and I haven't found a single apiculture item or Alice pack. I know that the random number generator is always going to throw up odd trends, but by comparison, I've found five katanas in that space and more than a dozen axes, and my rarity settings for weapons are set much harder than for other items. I'm a little worried that the various items may not actually be spawning at all.

- I realised that I wasn't using the boar poop for anything because I couldn't find a recipe with the word "boar" in the title, so I did some digging around and realised that it's used in the "hunt pigs with ..." recipe. Given that the recipe for finding the cute pink pigs is entitled "track lost pigs" would it be possible to change the hunting recipes to use the word "boar" in the title, rather than "pig"? It would be a little more intuitive that way.

- I spotted the new tanning recipe using acorns, which is nifty. It's a bit odd that there are two recipes for making tannin at the moment, one involving an acorn, and the other involving dog poop or bark. Would it not be simpler to expand the recipe that already looks for either dog poop or bark to to look for any one of the three?

Made Potato flour and the baking trays disappeared after it put it in the Ziploc bags, I'm guessing it used them up in the recipe?

Be nice if you could make cereal from corn, bowl of cereal is one of my favorite recipes since milk tends to last for so long. 

1. I will have to check that out. I suspect it is the same problem we had with drying fruit.

2. Yes you need to learn wine making. Grape Juice -> Wine -> Vinegar

3. That's a good idea. I will try to work that in one of these days!

I've been playing with the new update, and in general I'm enjoying it... I do have a few questions, though (I bet you're sick of hearing that by now!)

- I've found a few pallet of bricks, and discovered that I can't assemble crates of lumber any longer, because they're now pallets of lumber. That's not a biggie, but I noticed that even though I've found a few of the new pallet types, I haven't found any empty pallets. Is it possible to find them? When i've done long-distance raids on warehouses and garages, in the past I used to often find enough ropes in the warehouses that I could make a thick rope or two, so that if I found several lumber stacks, i could turn them into crates and bring them back. If there aren't any empty pallets on the loot tables, that makes bringing lumber back a little harder. Not a lot harder, but just a little.

- I remembered you mentioning that water towers were big storage containers for water. I've tried emptying water from other containers like bottles and cooking pots into the tower, but I can't find any way of doing it, whereas I have no problems moving water between other containers. Is that intentional?

- I'm not sure what the rarity settings are in the loot tables, but I'm getting a little worried about the apiculture items and Alice packs. I'm playing in New Denver, and set up in the alcohol warehouse; I've looted basically everything around there for at least two blocks, including all the way out to the coast and as far up as the three-storey house NoMIS was using as a base last season, and I haven't found a single apiculture item or Alice pack. I know that the random number generator is always going to throw up odd trends, but by comparison, I've found five katanas in that space and more than a dozen axes, and my rarity settings for weapons are set much harder than for other items. I'm a little worried that the various items may not actually be spawning at all.

- I realised that I wasn't using the boar poop for anything because I couldn't find a recipe with the word "boar" in the title, so I did some digging around and realised that it's used in the "hunt pigs with ..." recipe. Given that the recipe for finding the cute pink pigs is entitled "track lost pigs" would it be possible to change the hunting recipes to use the word "boar" in the title, rather than "pig"? It would be a little more intuitive that way.

- I spotted the new tanning recipe using acorns, which is nifty. It's a bit odd that there are two recipes for making tannin at the moment, one involving an acorn, and the other involving dog poop or bark. Would it not be simpler to expand the recipe that already looks for either dog poop or bark to to look for any one of the three?

0. Naw I like your feedback. Keep it up!

1a. You are right there should be findable wooden pallets. I will add them in future updates. For now you have to craft them (4 planks + 4 nails + 4 wood blocks).

1b. Rope should not be an issue you since you can craft rope from 3 sheet ropes. And thick rope from 3 rope.

1c. Pallets of Lumber are just renamed Crates of Lumber.

2. Well you have to pick up the whole water tower to transfer water. So you may need to make space for it.

3a. Yeah alice packs are very rare now. I found one yesterday after a long time of not finding them. They are still out there, just VERY rare.

3b. As for the Bee Keeping stuff, all of them are craftable except for the wild beehive which you need to find by foraging.And yes pre-made level 1 bee hives are still out there just also very rare too.

4. Tracking Pigs gives both Boars and Feral Pigs when hunting. So I oped for the word "pig".

5. It has to be two recipes since acorns give you soaked acorns back too. While dog poop and bark do not.

1. I will have to check that out. I suspect it is the same problem we had with drying fruit.

You could maybe also make cereal from rice? Or are Rice Krispies a flour derivative?

Ohh - Honey Puffs!

0. Naw I like your feedback. Keep it up!

1a. You are right there should be findable wooden pallets. I will add them in future updates. For now you have to craft them (4 planks + 4 nails + 4 wood blocks).

1b. Rope should not be an issue you since you can craft rope from 3 sheet ropes. And thick rope from 3 rope.

1c. Pallets of Lumber are just renamed Crates of Lumber.

2. Well you have to pick up the whole water tower to transfer water. So you may need to make space for it.

3a. Yeah alice packs are very rare now. I found one yesterday after a long time of not finding them. They are still out there, just VERY rare.

3b. As for the Bee Keeping stuff, all of them are craftable except for the wild beehive which you need to find by foraging.And yes pre-made level 1 bee hives are still out there just also very rare too.

4. Tracking Pigs gives both Boars and Feral Pigs when hunting. So I oped for the word "pig".

5. It has to be two recipes since acorns give you soaked acorns back too. While dog poop and bark do not.

Regarding 3b, are the silkworms in game so that the silk can be made that's needed for the beekeeper's mask? I was looking at the recipes earlier, and I remembered that silk worms had gone in-game and then come out again at one point, but I wasn't sure if they were back in.

I just found a minor issue with concrete - the well recipe looks for a blue bucket of concrete or a wooden bucket of concrete, but you can't actually make blue buckets of concrete - only wooden ones. I'm just going to go and make another wooden bucket so i can build the well...

I'm then going to start bench-pressing my watertower as I fill it up with water ;)

Oh I see it now, I was searching under barrel but it was under ferment.

Oh btw on my current playtrhough, I've found 6 Alice packs and 5 of them have just been sitting in storage since I use the pack dogs.  Found 7 of the medium ones as well, gotta love the lucky perk. 

Regarding 3b, are the silkworms in game so that the silk can be made that's needed for the beekeeper's mask? I was looking at the recipes earlier, and I remembered that silk worms had gone in-game and then come out again at one point, but I wasn't sure if they were back in.

I just found a minor issue with concrete - the well recipe looks for a blue bucket of concrete or a wooden bucket of concrete, but you can't actually make blue buckets of concrete - only wooden ones. I'm just going to go and make another wooden bucket so i can build the well...

I'm then going to start bench-pressing my watertower as I fill it up with water ;)

Yes silkworms are in game. So if you are wanting to make the beekeeper's mask you will need to get silk first.

Hmm. I thought I got them all. Guess I missed the well. Sorry about that.

The water pump doesn't require you to carry it.

EDIT: The well says it can do either.

recipe Construct Well    {    HCWoodenbucket,    HCStonepilebox=3,    BucketConcreteFull/HCWoodenbucketconcrete,    Plank=3,    HCRopethick,    HCMinehole,    keep HCMasontrowel,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCWell,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:1000,    Category:Engineer,    }

BucketConcreteFull/HCWoodenbucketconcrete,

Oh custom sprites. Maybe but at the moment they seem not to be modular in what they edit.

Confused. Are you referring to the vanilla code or ModelLoader? 

I was under the impression that they modfy core files. Unlike other mods which just load after the core files. Is this not true? Is everything within a mod folder?