Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

I already said before ...

I would rather not have the mod be split up into different variations. Especially since its still being worked on.

And then to Ortorin ...

Why don't you just use the steam workshop version? Then they will always auto-update.

I can't have previous versions even for pz-mod since they overwrite the previous version.

In short I must decline having you host a mirror. The only people I have allowed was DeadlyStr1ke because it was an emergency where I could not upload to pz-mod due to hitting their limit of 8mb (which is now 50 mb). And New Dawn RP server who has been working with me for awhile now and has gained my trust. However even they are using the steam workshop now that there is one.

You have to see it from my perspective you and Ortorin come to me asking to change my mod the way you want and then host the file. Basically making it so I have no control over it anymore. I offer to work with you to balance things and then you guys disappear. Then you come back asking to host the mod. What am I suppose to think here?

I am sorry if I am a bit distrustful of you guys now. Use my mod, don't use my mod. I wish your server the best but don't get all demanding. I do this for fun! 8-)

You have to see it from my perspective you and Ortorin come to me asking to chnage my mod the way you want and then host the file. Basically making it so I have no control over it anymore. I offer to work with you to balance things and then you guys disappear. Then you come back asking to host the mod. What am I suppose to think here?

Could create a GitHub repository and have people fork it.

I definitely support your stance on this issue, though. If you wanted legal reinforcement, I would suggest LGPL (GNU Lesser General Public License

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Lesser_General_Public_License

The main difference between the GPL and the LGPL is that the latter allows the work to be linked with (in the case of a library, 'used by') a non-(L)GPLed program, regardless of whether it is free software orproprietary software.[1] The non-(L)GPLed program can then be distributed under any terms if it is not a derivative work. 

This would be good so it wouldn't "force" or violate the licence / proprietary nature of Project Zomboid, and force derivative works to be released. Not really a compiled language, but hey, this gives you some rights you may or may not like.

But yeah, GitHub forking could be one way. 

@Jab

The problem is that while I have added a lot to the Hydrocraft mod a good chunk of it is made up of many smaller mods. While they gave me permission to use it in my mod I don't feel I have the right to give the mod to others. Since like I said its not just my stuff in it.

What can I say. I expected you to be open to reason, despite the odds.

Dude. You want a "no", then NO!

Leave me alone! :angry:

What can I say. I expected you to be open to reason, despite the odds.

Dude. You want a "no", then NO!

Leave me alone! :angry:

Thank you. Starting there would have saved us both much frustration.

I recommend you include a more prominent warning in the future about the potential for this mod to damage in-progress games when updating. The current warning seems far too vague and hidden.

@Jab

The problem is that while I have added a lot to the Hydrocraft mod a good chunk of it is made up of many smaller mods. While they gave me permission to use it in my mod I don't feel I have the right to give the mod to others. Since like I said its not just my stuff in it.

Yeah, I would definitely say that might play havoc on moving to a repository that can be properly forked without legal issues. Since you are the author, you can license and authorize portions of the code, while reserving rights for other portions (the included mods in this case), and that can solve that issue. 

So in this case, you could throw your inclusions (if not already), into a folder of some sort and then claim your core code. That won't be an issue. The other mods would not be considered derivative works, so their rights would be the same.

First of all thank you for this mod but I having some troubles with it. I wanted to use it on my server but it just wont work. My server is hosted by nitrado.net

1. I copied the mod on my PC to C:\Users\Fribb\Zomboid\mods and on the server to \zomboid\projectzomboid\mods\
  2. I edited the \zomboid\profile\Zomboid\Server\servertest.ini and added "Hydrocraft" to the Mods line like this Mods=Hydrocraft
  3. Started the Server

But when I try to connect to the server now I get the error "Connection failed". And that's it, I don't know if there are log files I could look into because I only got a restart.txt which only tells me if the server is started, stopped or restarted ...

Another Question is if this should finally work, do I need to start on a fresh map? Or can I use an existing map?

First of all thank you for this mod but I having some troubles with it. I wanted to use it on my server but it just wont work. My server is hosted by nitrado.net

• I copied the mod on my PC to C:\Users\Fribb\Zomboid\mods and on the server to \zomboid\projectzomboid\mods\
  • I edited the \zomboid\profile\Zomboid\Server\servertest.ini and added "Hydrocraft" to the Mods line like this Mods=Hydrocraft
  • Started the Server
But when I try to connect to the server now I get the error "Connection failed". And that's it, I don't know if there are log files I could look into because I only got a restart.txt which only tells me if the server is started, stopped or restarted ...

Another Question is if this should finally work, do I need to start on a fresh map? Or can I use an existing map?

Have you contacted Nitrado support about this?

You should start a fresh map. New items will not spawn in areas you've previously visited otherwise. The alternative is to do a soft reset, but that's probably impossible through Nitrado.

Obligatory hydrocraft blurb:

I'd recommend being careful with Hydrocraft if you're aiming for more of a "long term" server. It's recent update to v3.4 cost about 2 weeks' work on the Redboid server due to some changes to ants. Just be sure to backup your save when installing updates to Hydrocraft and check your %username%\zomboid\multiplayer\servername folder for a blam folder after logging back in. If it exists, you've got map corruption and may have to revert to the backup and the previous version of Hydorcraft.

You should start a fresh map. New items will not spawn in areas you've previously visited otherwise. The alternative is to do a soft reset, but that's probably impossible through Nitrado

yeah wrote a support mail about this yesterday. They wrote in their Wiki that mods are currently not supported but that was over a year ago because the server doesn't support mods at this time. So all I have to do is to wait for their reply ...

You should start a fresh map. New items will not spawn in areas you've previously visited otherwise. The alternative is to do a soft reset, but that's probably impossible through Nitrado

yeah wrote a support mail about this yesterday. They wrote in their Wiki that mods are currently not supported but that was over a year ago because the server doesn't support mods at this time. So all I have to do is to wait for their reply ...

That's a shame. They might block in some way that we don't know about. :(

Im still having issues getting this mod to work on a server. It just keeps corrupting textures and text. Ive posted as much detail as I can but it largely seems to be going ignored.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/422564128559065921/DF4C2BF423CAC34ECC45A66FAC62695939A7DE00/

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Disable mult-core and restart the application.

thought i would throw my 2 cents out there.

1. love the mod

2. the mod is hydros(or his teams). they got permesion for others to use there mods. they did all the works. and they deserve praise for it.

3.  zomboid is not a full released game and anyone should know if u use a mod on it u always risk it killing your save game.(come on people this one is common sense. if u have a game running fine and a mod update comes its always best to think of the risk vs gain of updateing.

4. please dont feel entilited toward the mod author. they make these mods for free in their spare time.  ive seen to many good modders quit modding due to  hecklers and such.most mod authours dont mind reading suggestions even taking some critims but they are humans too and they get pissed off or burned out.

thought i would throw my 2 cents out there.

1. love the mod

2. the mod is hydros(or his teams). they got permesion for others to use there mods. they did all the works. and they deserve praise for it.

3. zomboid is not a full released game and anyone should know if u use a mod on it u always risk it killing your save game.(come on people this one is common sense. if u have a game running fine and a mod update comes its always best to think of the risk vs gain of updateing.

4. please dont feel entilited toward the mod author. they make these mods for free in their spare time. ive seen to many good modders quit modding due to hecklers and such.most mod authours dont mind reading suggestions even taking some critims but they are humans too and they get pissed off or burned out.

There is no choice but to upgrade, thus the decision to do so doesn't exist.

Totally his choice, and being someone who advocated hard for stricter modder rights, I'll have to support him in it. Doesn't mean we can't have had a dialog and tried to come terms with our situation, however.

I don't know if this is a known bug, but trying to make the Cage Trap Blueprint results in getting a Trap Box Blueprint instead.

Yeah I noticed that too. Thanks for reporting though.

Male Black Duck has No Icon :P

also both kill Scaup recipes uses a Wood Duck male and female

Thanks for reporting. Now I can "get all my ducks in a row". ;)

Im still having issues getting this mod to work on a server. It just keeps corrupting textures and text. Ive posted as much detail as I can but it largely seems to be going ignored.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/422564128559065921/DF4C2BF423CAC34ECC45A66FAC62695939A7DE00/

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Disable mult-core and restart the application.

Multicore has always been disabled. The mod works sometimes on Solo but as soon as a zombie is deleted for being too close to the player at the start or more tiles start to render the corruption starts. On my server my friends game runs fine, but on mine the mod corrupts the text and then the custom content assets stop loading

I was wondering if it'd be possible to make some of the small game butcherable using hunting knives and kitchen knives, the way rabbits are at the moment? The reason I ask is that I'm running around looking for a meat cleaver at the moment, and until I find one, I'm locked out of all the new butchering and curing options other than rabbits. Given the relative size of a rabbit and things like a fox or a chicken, it would seem reasonable to be able to carve them all up with the same items... and I'm keen to get to play with the new recipes and items ;)

You mentioned that wild beehives are an option for constructing beehives - could you give me a hint as to what level of foraging I need to have? I'm pushing foraging as hard as I can, but winter's approaching, and if it's something I need to be level 10 for, then I should probably switch to gathering other resources and start foraging again in the spring.

I was wondering if it'd be possible to make some of the small game butcherable using hunting knives and kitchen knives, the way rabbits are at the moment? The reason I ask is that I'm running around looking for a meat cleaver at the moment, and until I find one, I'm locked out of all the new butchering and curing options other than rabbits. Given the relative size of a rabbit and things like a fox or a chicken, it would seem reasonable to be able to carve them all up with the same items... and I'm keen to get to play with the new recipes and items ;)

You mentioned that wild beehives are an option for constructing beehives - could you give me a hint as to what level of foraging I need to have? I'm pushing foraging as hard as I can, but winter's approaching, and if it's something I need to be level 10 for, then I should probably switch to gathering other resources and start foraging again in the spring.

1. Small Animals with knives sound reasonable.

2. Level 10

Hi, I have a question that I can't find on any wiki or forum post or anything. What the hell is the point of the being able to put your blood in a syringe? You can put zombie blood in one and I imagine injecting it causes you turn into a zombie as sort of a form of suicide. But why can I put my blood in the syringe? All it seems to do is give me a pain debuff. Even looking through the mod files I don't see its use.

Hi, I have a question that I can't find on any wiki or forum post or anything. What the hell is the point of the being able to put your blood in a syringe? You can put zombie blood in one and I imagine injecting it causes you turn into a zombie as sort of a form of suicide. But why can I put my blood in the syringe? All it seems to do is give me a pain debuff. Even looking through the mod files I don't see its use.

You can use it to inject rabbits as test subjects. There will be more in updates and stuff.