Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hello!

I am trying to troubleshoot hydrocraft on Multiplayer. I keep trying to add it to my server, but it does not allow other players to join. They keep getting the "You have been kicked because the game files do not match" message. 

I have added Mod=Hydrocraft to the server, have it enabled on the game, and yet it still doesn't work. Am I missing something? I am able to play on Multiplayer without Hydrocraft enabled, but I would really love to use it!

I have the same issue as the above poster. Last two times I updated I lost hunks of my base. It has never really been anything dire but this time I lost my two precious dog whistles! Ha. 

Apprently it is my mod and some item is missing. I have narrowed it down to the following items. Let me know if you had any of these.

- Saltpeter

- Grass

- Oak Leaves

- Bark

- Birch Bark

- Willow Branch

- Pine Bough

- Zombie Bones

- Stone Arrowhead

- Cow Poop

I suspect it might be the Bark and/or Birch Bark since I changed them into a food item instead of a normal item.

Yeah I had bark in both places that got disrupted. Good to know!

Hello!

I am trying to troubleshoot hydrocraft on Multiplayer. I keep trying to add it to my server, but it does not allow other players to join. They keep getting the "You have been kicked because the game files do not match" message.

I have added Mod=Hydrocraft to the server, have it enabled on the game, and yet it still doesn't work. Am I missing something? I am able to play on Multiplayer without Hydrocraft enabled, but I would really love to use it!

Make sure that everyone is using the same version of HC as the server has installed. And that they disable any active mods the server isn't using.

I uninstalled the latest version of the mod, installed the previous version, and reinstalled my backup save, to get back to where I was before - there was birch bark in the other area that got nuked. There was also grass, but definitely birch bark.

I'm back testing with the main version (I'm not redoing all that plastering and painting again!) and I've been trying to poke various bits of the mod I haven't had much chance to play with before.

- I think the Tin Working books are actually showing up as Bronze Working textbooks

- I like how the dog whistles are working at the moment. I now have a pack of dogs who help patrol every level of my base, and they look adorable.

- Is it possible to remove packs from a pack dog? I put two large hiking bags on a male husky before I spotted that I could instead use big hiking bags with duct tape pouches on them, which would presumably let me carry more, but I can't find a way of taking the bags off.

- Mines seem to be working really well - particularly with being able to recycle stones into gravel. It's rather aesthetically satisfying to be able to pave some of the ground-floor enclosures in my settlement with gravel.

- I'm not sure if it's some of the glass-blowing recipes or all of them, but I seem to be picking up the Smelter a lot when I recycle glass. I may be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure if the recipes are meant to be capable of being done from the floor - if they are, I can't get it to work properly.

- I tried to make a potato cannon blueprint, but I ended up with a longbow blueprint containing the potato cannon recipe. I think the name may be bugged.

- There's something odd happening with the consumables used when I use the smelter or kiln. If I have charcoal or molds on the floor and I'm using them from the floor, they run down to 0 content but stay around; if I have them in my inventory, then they vanish once they've been used up. I'm not sure why that's happening, but I have a couple of empty bags of charcoal and a handful of empty ingot molds floating around in my workshops. Picking them up and then trying to use them alongside consumables that still have some life doesn't cause them to vanish.

1. Yeah both Bark and Birch Bark were made into food so both would cause the problem. Moving them a safe distance from your place or even burning them in firepits should keep the bug from reverting areas upon upgrading from v2.7 to v2.8.

2. Yeah I found the Tin Book Error in NoMiS's video and already changed it for next release.

3. Glad the whistles are working ok.

4. No, pack dog are pack dogs for life. I was going to have them be able to take them off but then I thought it would be too much of a hassle to code without possibly loosing gear inside the pack dog. Note I realize that the packs in the first place could loose items too.

5. Glad you like the Mine. Also if you use the Craft helper you can have your character auto-mine rather than clicking mine over and over with right clicking.

6. I will have to check the glass crafting items. Thanks for reporting.

7. Oops! It was just misnamed. Should be fixed for next update. The tags should still work.

8. Hmm you may need to report that in the official bug section. Sounds like something beyond my control with the crafting system as a whole.

Hello!

Make sure you have the correct version and that you delete any old versions when updating. NEVER paste on top of an old version.

I'm still repairing/replacing the missing chunks of my base, but thanks to the latest upgrade - and emptying several warehouses and storage yards of paint - this is how my safe house looks now:

2wn08r4.jpg

25ho1n9.jpg

I've got a smelter, kiln and anvil set up on the lower level (the chemistry lab is in one of the house bedrooms). I'm intending to set lots of rooms up as living accommodation, either single or family, but I'm waiting to build furniture until the Turbo build that lets us do things like rip up carpets from houses and steal windows comes in. I've rebuild the library and started stockpiling those medical supplies I hadn't already looted to replace what I lost, and I've cleared half of Murtaugh of dog whistles, plaster, paint, clay and a few other bits and pieces. I need to finish replacing bits of missing roof and storage crates, and build lots and lots of shelves, bookcases and the like - and find more pillows and sheets to make mattresses from - but I think this is the most elaborate base I've built so far in PZ.

That place looks awesome!! (clyde)

1. Yeah both Bark and Birch Bark were made into food so both would cause the problem. Moving them a safe distance from your place or even burning them in firepits should keep the bug from reverting areas upon upgrading from v2.7 to v2.8.

2. Yeah I found the Tin Book Error in NoMiS's video and already changed it for next release.

3. Glad the whistles are working ok.

4. No, pack dog are pack dogs for life. I was going to have them be able to take them off but then I thought it would be too much of a hassle to code without possibly loosing gear inside the pack dog. Note I realize that the packs in the first place could loose items too.

5. Glad you like the Mine. Also if you use the Craft helper you can have your character auto-mine rather than clicking mine over and over with right clicking.

6. I will have to check the glass crafting items. Thanks for reporting.

7. Oops! It was just misnamed. Should be fixed for next update. The tags should still work.

8. Hmm you may need to report that in the official bug section. Sounds like something beyond my control with the crafting system as a whole.

1 - I kind of wish I'd known in advance... not so much to avoid the big holes in my base (well, partly) but mostly becuase I could've dumped bark and birch bark in the warehouses and storage yards I've already looted, and had them revert the maps back in those areas as well, getting me a nice big restock on things like lumber, paint and ammunition. Which is, of course, why I deserve to be punished in the first place ;)

2 - I think I'm a couple of weeks behind on NoMIS' videos, so I must go and catch up. I would've caught up more quickly, but I keep playing with Hydrocraft, and can't watch Youtube easily at the same time... I originally thought that the tin-working book wasn't repopulating after being read, because I couldn't work out how I'd managed to learn the tin recycling recipes without a copy of the book around.

3 - It's really rather nice having lots of dogs around, even if they aren't pack dogs. It makes my safe house feel more lived in. The dog whistles definitely aren't too common - I'm playing with abundant settings for some resources, and I'm not finding many whistles at all - so guaranteeing a dog with each one felt like the right decision, particularly given the number of different dog breeds that are around.

4 - I'm not heartbroken about not being able to revert the pack dogs back - after all, my pack husky has a capacity of 44, which is almost half again as much as a large alice pack, so I'm definitely not losing out. It'd be churlish of me to complain ;) I'd rather like some more pack dogs, so that I can scavenge World War Z style, but everyone needs goals, right?

5 - Is the craft helper another mod, or is it the general menu available via the B key? I've been using the general menu to mine with, rather than right-clicking, but it'd be nice to be able to automate the process a little more. I've been mining in large part to generate gravel, but also with a view to working out how common the other products are... for example, I can say that out of my last 100 mining attempts, I got 12 units of red clay, 8 units of grey clay, 1 set of zombie bones, 4 stones, 6 chipped stones, 1 stone arrowhead, 5 worms, 1 unit of sulphur, 2 lumps of coal, 3 units of copper ore, 1 unit of tin ore and 1 unit of bauxite ore. From that, I know that I'm going to need to do a heck of a lot more mining to be able to make gunpowder, but I'm probably going to be ok for clay flowerpots.

6 - I like the glassworking options that're available at the moment, and I particularly like that to be able to get into glassworking you have to have a kiln, a forge and an anvil - it's really nice to have something that's tying three big crafting areas together. I kind of wish I'd set up in West Point though, so that I could go and fill sandbags from beside the river. I managed to make a fair number of glass jars, but there isn't a thermometer or mirror left in my half of Muldraugh, and sandbags seem to be few and far between. I'm a little wary of melting down lab equipment like flasks and cylinders in case recipes appear in the future for more advanced lab equipment that has to be constructed from them, like reflux condensors or distillation apparatus.

7 - I'm currently scouring the town for some PVC piping to make a cannon with, because you're an evil genius.

8 - I thought it might be base game related... I'm not sure how to try and replicate it using stuff that isn't from Hydrocraft, though. I know that the base game carpentry stuff allows for things to be created from the ground, but I'm not sure if there are other recipes that do the same - all the cooking ones involve you picking the stuff up, I think. Do you think it would be ok to report the bug using items from Hydrocraft as the example cases?

I played around a little more last night, and I have a few questions/suggestions I thought I'd mention. It could be that I've just not gathered enough of them yet, but it doesn't seem possible to recycle aluminium bats for aluminion ingots or tin cans for tin ingots. Are both currently recycable? If they aren't, could they be? I ask simply because from the names, they seem like items that should be recyclable.

I'd like to do more with glassworking, and I'm hopeful in the future that when windows become items that can be ripped out/installed, as hinted by the Mondoid featuring Turbo's furniture moving frenzy a little while ago, it'll be possible to manufacture windows or panes of glass. I've got a lot of windows to fill in my base, after all...

The availability of stuff to recycle for glass is a bit limited though - not so much a lack of items (I've found and recycled or could've recycled mirrors, glass jars, glass bottles, thermometers, sandbags, mirrors, graduated glass cyclinders, glass test tubes and eye droppers) as those items themselves being available in relatively small quantities, and with the exception of the sandbag, needing multiples of each to get a single ingot. Would it be possible to have some more generic items that can be recycled for glass?

I know that some things are much more obviously composites or polycarbonate blends today, like pyrex kitchenware and windscreens and the like, but it'd be nice to have more background stuff that can be collected and recycled for glass - things like glass mugs/tankards, ashtrays, punch bowls/serving bowls, casserole dishes/deep oven trays, drinking glasses, measuring jugs, trophies, spectacles, fish tanks/vivariums... just general background stuff, in a similar fashion to the kitchen utensils that can currently be recycled to get steel. I don't think there's a particular problem with the availability of things like light bulbs and mirrors - I generally find one of each in every two-storey house - but because you need five mirrors or ten lightbulbs, it's a lot of work and a lot of houses to get a single glass ingot, whereas I'm picking up enough from a block of four or five houses to generate multiple steel ingots and usually two or three iron ingots, even before I start ripping down doors to get more iron and bronze.

1. Sorry we just figured it  out over the last few days. The New Dawn Server I play on got hit bad. Some people lost everything. :(

5. I ment the Craft Menu in game put in build 32. If you select craft all it will keep mining indefinitely.

6. Yeah more lab equipment and uses for them are planned.

7. The potato gun is very fun, but not that great of a weapon compared to normal guns. I just had to add this mod to Hydrocraft.

8a. Possibly, however remember too that some recipes can work with items in nearby containers if you sue the new crafting menu.

8b. I will have to check those recipes. I swear I added them at some point. There are a lot of recipes so I am bound to forget something.

8c. Yes I am looking forward to that. If crafting window panes is possible I will definitely add it.

8d. If I recall Wine Glasses were added recently. But I could see if I could get some more glass items.

8e. I think Eyeglasses and Fish Tanks can already be recycled fro glass.

That place looks awesome!! (clyde)

Thank you :D I'd never have managed to get this far without the Hydrocraft mod - not just because of lack of plaster, but also because of how long it takes to gather and move things in the base game, particularly without things like packed crates of lumber. And building is much more fun in Hydrocraft - I must've spent 100 hours so far building up this complex, because I keep having days where I think "it must be time I made another twenty jars of jam, and some more compost, and..."

This is an awesome mod, but I ran into two problems. Mind you, this mod was being used along with Wooden Dowels, Random Character Creation, and Dry Towels mods.

One problem was that I don't think that each BB was supposed to weigh 1.0 each. That made it impossible to box them again.

The second problem I had was my game freezing on me and becoming unresponsive once I equipped the slingshot into my primary slot. It was fine when I put it in my secondary slot, but I don't think I can use it that way. In short; the slingshot was completely useless on me, even though I wanted to use one so bad. I'm not sure if this problem will repeat itself in a solo game or with a slingshot that you crafted, but I certainly ain't trusting the ones I find laying around right away.

I'm sorry...but did you saw my post about the slingshot and BBs, Hydro?

This is an awesome mod, but I ran into two problems. Mind you, this mod was being used along with Wooden Dowels, Random Character Creation, and Dry Towels mods.

One problem was that I don't think that each BB was supposed to weigh 1.0 each. That made it impossible to box them again.

The second problem I had was my game freezing on me and becoming unresponsive once I equipped the slingshot into my primary slot. It was fine when I put it in my secondary slot, but I don't think I can use it that way. In short; the slingshot was completely useless on me, even though I wanted to use one so bad. I'm not sure if this problem will repeat itself in a solo game or with a slingshot that you crafted, but I certainly ain't trusting the ones I find laying around right away.

I'm sorry...but did you saw my post about the slingshot and BBs, Hydro?

The BBs were reduced to 0.01 in v2.8

That's weird...My version of the mod is 2.8, but it still is treating unboxed BBs as 1.0 each.

I second this. When I updated to 2.8 the BBs were still 1.0 unit each. Unfortunately I played while tired and ended up killing that save. :D

So can't go back and check it.

how about ores?

You've got a couple of choices here - you can either use a spade to fill empty sandbags with dirt, then sift the dirt using a colander, which has a chance of generating ores (as well as coal, zombie bones, worms, an assortment of rocks and some other bits) or you can build a mine and mine for stone, which works in a similar fashion to sifting dirt but doesn't need you to have a colander and go around digging up swathes of the countryside.

Or you can recycle stuff using a smelter. Finding things that can be recycled into gold, steel or iron ingots is pretty easy; copper, bronze, tin, silver and aluminium recyclables are a bit trickier.

I started experimenting with manufacturing gunpowder, bullets and shells last night, and I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, in singleplayer or multiplayer games where there's no respawning of items, being able to manufacture any bullets or shells at all is potentially a lifesaver - especially now that with mines, in theory an infinite amount of starting resources can be accumulated, although having mined over 300 units of stone in the last couple of days, I don't think anyone's going to be supporting the revolution any time soon.

I played around with trying to make both bullets and shells, and I was a little surprised that the recipes only generated one of each. I don't see that as a particular problem - firearms are pretty powerful, after all - but it felt a bit wasteful with the bullets in particular, because it takes half a kilo of bronze to make a casing, and half a kilo of lead to make single bullet tip, which in turn makes a single bullet weighing a hundred grams. That seems like a lot of wastage in the manufacturing process. I know that it's an abstraction, but it still feels a little bit... odd. Would it be possible to perhaps have the scale of the recipe increased or a larger version of the recipe added, that alters the ratio slightly? The graphic for the lead bullet tips and the bronze bullet casings each show five tips/casings, which feels odd given that they produce just a single bullet. Although it'd mean a lot more mining, I think it might feel better if you could only manufacture bullets in lots of five, with each lot of five taking one unit of tips, one unit of cases, and five units of gunpowder. I don't think it would make the bullets that much easier to manufacture - the choke point is always going to be mining saltpetre and sulphur - but it'd mean that a kilo of metal ingots was yielding half a kilo of bullets, which feels like a better ratio, particularly as the buckshot recipe generates several units of buckshot for a single ingot by way of comparison. Alternatively, would it be possible for the yield from the casings and bullet recipes to be increased slightly, so that more tips/bullets are generated from each pair of ingots?

I started experimenting with manufacturing gunpowder, bullets and shells last night, and I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, in singleplayer or multiplayer games where there's no respawning of items, being able to manufacture any bullets or shells at all is potentially a lifesaver - especially now that with mines, in theory an infinite amount of starting resources can be accumulated, although having mined over 300 units of stone in the last couple of days, I don't think anyone's going to be supporting the revolution any time soon.

I played around with trying to make both bullets and shells, and I was a little surprised that the recipes only generated one of each. I don't see that as a particular problem - firearms are pretty powerful, after all - but it felt a bit wasteful with the bullets in particular, because it takes half a kilo of bronze to make a casing, and half a kilo of lead to make single bullet tip, which in turn makes a single bullet weighing a hundred grams. That seems like a lot of wastage in the manufacturing process. I know that it's an abstraction, but it still feels a little bit... odd. Would it be possible to perhaps have the scale of the recipe increased or a larger version of the recipe added, that alters the ratio slightly? The graphic for the lead bullet tips and the bronze bullet casings each show five tips/casings, which feels odd given that they produce just a single bullet. Although it'd mean a lot more mining, I think it might feel better if you could only manufacture bullets in lots of five, with each lot of five taking one unit of tips, one unit of cases, and five units of gunpowder. I don't think it would make the bullets that much easier to manufacture - the choke point is always going to be mining saltpetre and sulphur - but it'd mean that a kilo of metal ingots was yielding half a kilo of bullets, which feels like a better ratio, particularly as the buckshot recipe generates several units of buckshot for a single ingot by way of comparison. Alternatively, would it be possible for the yield from the casings and bullet recipes to be increased slightly, so that more tips/bullets are generated from each pair of ingots?

You are suppose to get more than one. I think something charged in build 32. Nails use to generate ok, but after build 32 they went all wonky and I had to change it to a whole box. Guess I will have to adjust the recipes to give you a whole box of ammo per creation. Even if that means needing more materials to compensate.

Thanks for reporting.

You are suppose to get more than one. I think something charged in build 32. Nails use to generate ok, but after build 32 they went all wonky and I had to change it to a whole box. Guess I will have to adjust the recipes to give you a whole box of ammo per creation. Even if that means needing more materials to compensate.

Thanks for reporting.

I'd noticed that the nails receipe had changed (you wouldn't believe how many I've made...) but I hadn't realised it was because of something Build 32 had changed. I think making ammo a box at a time sounds like a good idea, and I'd certainly have no objections to needing more materials to make it - what sort of quantities are you thinking of? I saved up enough coins to make some more bronze ingots, so I'm feeling a little flush at the moment ;)

Never seen this mod and looks great. Granted i havent played PZ that much in the last 6 months or so.  What i really wanted to say tho was i thought i was one of the few that played/knew about haven and hearth, lol.

Nice looking mod tho, guess ill have to play around with it some.

Man i friend brought to this mod and I'm quite suprised! I've never seen any kind of Small Object Or Small Little New Objectives In a game

I know you cannot rate mods but if we could i would rate this a 10/10!