Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hey Hydro, are BBs suppose to be 1 unit of weight each? I am using 2.7 with a clean install.

Also, anyone know how to get grass/hay as an item?

I know you can get grass from foraging, I assume the same goes for hay but haven't found any myself yet.

2. Yes 1 use is here to stay but wait until next update. Its remade to always give you a dog (unlike the current version) since it is one time use.

I'd better pack for another day trip away from my safe house... I want more dogs! I've only got four patrolling the compound so far...

Yikes! You are right you are only getting 1 bucket back. I will have to fix that.

Is it ok for me to go ahead and update the wiki to show that five buckets will be returned when the recipes performed? I don't want to jump the gun...

I've just added the weaving recipes to the wiki. I can't find a way to add the recipe for turning grass into twine, though - for some reason, even though it's a direct copy and paste of the turnign straw into twine recipe, it triggers the PZ Wiki spam filter every time. I don't know why - maybe "grass" is on a list of blocked words, or something.

Already fixed for the next update.

Excellent! Now I just need to hurry up and make another dozen flower pots.

Mines  give Stones + Random Stuff. Its the same code as Sifting Dirt. But no need to have a dirt bag anymore. As for Gravel there is already a new recipe written for the next update where you use a Sledgehammer + Empty Sandbag to turn Rocks into Gravel. I also have some recipes for homemade Plaster. In addition stones now have some other usages too. ;) You will just have to wait and see the update.

This sounds really cool already. I promise to wait patiently for it.

Is it ready yet?

Wondering how you get bronze/steel ingot. I'd imagine you'd have to combine other metals to get them but can't seem to find out how. Trying to ultimately make the glass blow pipe but need a bronze or steel smithing hammer. 

Also drying wild berries doesn't seem to work. The recipe doesn't ask for berries so even if you have them and the other stuff it doesn't work. 

I am attempting to modify the weight of the crossbow bolts in your mod. Upon looking into media/scripts/weapons ranged, I found the settings to change. I found something weird though, in-game the bolts have a weight of 1, yet in the configs the weight is set to 0.05. I changed the weight to 0.02 yet the weight of the bolts remained 1 in-game. Am I missing something here? Will you please help me with this?

Hydrocraft v2.8 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Lots of New Recipes!

- Tons of Bug fixes thanks to player feedback!

- 15 New Insects and Arachnids.

- Catching Bugs is now influenced by your Forage Skill and the Time of Year!

- Adds Electronic Scale, Push Cart,Staple Gun, Safety Glasses and Stack of Cardboard Boxes.

- You can now craft your own homemade Gravel and Plaster

- Adds Stone Pillars and Rune Stones.

- You can now eat more insects and even cook some.

- You can now eat bark (if you are really desperate.)

- Nutcrackers can crack open Hickory Nuts so you can eat them.

- Adds Motorcycle (Admin spawn only.)

- Fixed Dog Whistle (You always get a dog now).

- Fixed Finding Cows.

- Fixed Skinning Dead Deer.

- Fixed Making Charcoal without a Kiln.

- Fixed Missing Buckets for Wine Making.

- Fixed a ton of cooking recipes.

- You can now Bale Straw.

- Kilns and Smelter now need more materials to make.

- Adds Chickens and Chicken Coop!!!

chickentime_zpslivlfxzu.jpg

Enjoy!

Wondering how you get bronze/steel ingot. I'd imagine you'd have to combine other metals to get them but can't seem to find out how. Trying to ultimately make the glass blow pipe but need a bronze or steel smithing hammer. 

Also drying wild berries doesn't seem to work. The recipe doesn't ask for berries so even if you have them and the other stuff it doesn't work. 

You can get steel ingots easily from recycling things made from steel - cutlery is a favourite of mine (spoons, forks, knives, butterknives, kitchen knives, tablespoons...) although you can also I think turn iron ingots into steel ingots on an anvil.

Bronze ingots you can get from combining copper and tin ingots I think (I've not done it myself) but it's maybe faster to get them by melting down change. I've turned pennies, half-dollars and (I think) dollars into bronze ingots.

I recently started playing with the metalcrafting/smithing side of Hydrocraft - you'll need to hunt down all the various skill books that teach you the recycling recipes (and I don't think I've found the one for tin yet). For the smithy hammers, you need to start out by making a copper smithy hammer, because that's the only one you can make using a regular hammer, rather than a smithy hammer. When you've made a copper smithy hammer you'll be able to use that to make (I think) bronze and iron smithy hammers, and once you have one/both of those, you can make a steel smithy hammer. With a steel smithy hammer, the world's your oyster.

Which includes ...

- Lots of New Recipes!

- Adds Electronic Scale, Push Cart,Staple Gun, Safety Glasses and Stack of Cardboard Boxes.

- Fixed Finding Cows.

Enjoy!

Plaster! Gravel! Runestones! Chickens!!

Why do I have to be at work for the next seven hours? I want to play with the chickens!

Wow, chickens and a chicken coop!  Pretty cool man.  Looking forward to exploring the new update!

I challenge you to find a way in New Denver of distracting those zombie hordes that keep invading your safe house by coming up with a cunning plan involving the use of explosive chickens.

Which includes ...

- Lots of New Recipes!

- Fixed Finding Cows.

Enjoy!

Plaster! Gravel! Runestones! Chickens!!

Why do I have to be at work for the next seven hours? I want to play with the chickens!

Wow, chickens and a chicken coop!  Pretty cool man.  Looking forward to exploring the new update!

I challenge you to find a way in New Denver of distracting those zombie hordes that keep invading your safe house by coming up with a cunning plan involving the use of explosive chickens.

That would be awesome!

I'm loving some of the new recipes, especially the ones for making plaster.

Annoyingly, when I removed the old version of Hydrocraft and installed the new one, something weird happened - I loaded my save up, and discovered two chunks of my base, each about 7 tiles by 7 tiles, had been returned to their original map state. I've been running around rebuilding walls and floors fast, but I lost my mini-hospital and all the crates with my shotguns, pistols and ammunition for both in. Luckily, I didn't lose the food crates or the nailguns and ammo...

I'm going to need to replace a stack of cooking equipment, too. It's surprisingly hard to find muffin and bread trays when you've already looted a large chunk of the map :P

Still, lots more of my base now has white-plastered walls (I make lumber crates til I'm exhausted, then carry them back and go plastering) and I'm sure I left some apiculture equipment in one of the warehouses, so I should be able to rebuild my hives...

I have the same issue as the above poster. Last two times I updated I lost hunks of my base. It has never really been anything dire but this time I lost my two precious dog whistles! Ha. 

You guys should report this in the official bug section. I am not sure how my mod would be doing this.

Also, anyone figure out how to actually obtain chickens? I've looked in the crafting menu, went to a farm that said it had a chicken coop, tried 'foraging' for one, tried looking to see if they came in cage like the rabbits. Can't quite figure it out.

Also, anyone figure out how to actually obtain chickens? I've looked in the crafting menu, went to a farm that said it had a chicken coop, tried 'foraging' for one, tried looking to see if they came in cage like the rabbits. Can't quite figure it out.

Foraging for Feral Chicken Eggs.

I have the same issue as the above poster. Last two times I updated I lost hunks of my base. It has never really been anything dire but this time I lost my two precious dog whistles! Ha. 

Apprently it is my mod and some item is missing. I have narrowed it down to the following items. Let me know if you had any of these.

- Saltpeter

- Grass

- Oak Leaves

- Bark

- Birch Bark

- Willow Branch

- Pine Bough

- Zombie Bones

- Stone Arrowhead

- Cow Poop

I suspect it might be the Bark and/or Birch Bark since I changed them into a food item instead of a normal item.

Apprently it is my mod and some item is missing. I have narrowed it down to the following items. Let me know if you had any of these.

- Saltpeter

- Grass

- Oak Leaves

- Bark

- Birch Bark

- Willow Branch

- Pine Bough

- Zombie Bones

- Stone Arrowhead

- Cow Poop

I suspect it might be the Bark and/or Birch Bark since I changed them into a food item instead of a normal item.

Modded Tiby mentioned it is highly probably the BARK item that creates mass disruption in players bases if they had it.

CHICKEN COOOOOOOOOPSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D :D thanks Hydro! Now all you need to mod up is a RPG, a Grenade Launcher and a Controlable Predator Drone :P  :ph34r:

- Saltpeter

- Grass

- Oak Leaves

- Bark

- Birch Bark

- Willow Branch

- Pine Bough

- Zombie Bones

- Stone Arrowhead

- Cow Poop

I had and still have some saltpetre in an area of my base that wasn't nuked (I'd ground it down with a mortar and pestle), so I don't think it was that, and I'm sure there's also some zombie bones in the same cupboard, so I think those are unlikely to be the culprits. There was some bark up with the beehives on the roof of the hospital section that got nuked, but none of the other items, so bark looks like a good suspect for that one. For the other section of my base that got nuked, I had some grass, and at some point I had a stone arrowhead there, but I think I may have turned the arrowhead into an arrow a couple of updates ago.

So... I'm thinking Grass and Bark are what got me.

- Saltpeter

- Grass

- Oak Leaves

- Bark

- Birch Bark

- Willow Branch

- Pine Bough

- Zombie Bones

- Stone Arrowhead

- Cow Poop

I had and still have some saltpetre in an area of my base that wasn't nuked (I'd ground it down with a mortar and pestle), so I don't think it was that, and I'm sure there's also some zombie bones in the same cupboard, so I think those are unlikely to be the culprits. There was some bark up with the beehives on the roof of the hospital section that got nuked, but none of the other items, so bark looks like a good suspect for that one. For the other section of my base that got nuked, I had some grass, and at some point I had a stone arrowhead there, but I think I may have turned the arrowhead into an arrow a couple of updates ago.

So... I'm thinking Grass and Bark are what got me.

i didnot change grass. but i did bark.

This is an awesome mod, but I ran into two problems. Mind you, this mod was being used along with Wooden Dowels, Random Character Creation, and Dry Towels mods.

One problem was that I don't think that each BB was supposed to weigh 1.0 each. That made it impossible to box them again.

The second problem I had was my game freezing on me and becoming unresponsive once I equipped the slingshot into my primary slot. It was fine when I put it in my secondary slot, but I don't think I can use it that way. In short; the slingshot was completely useless on me, even though I wanted to use one so bad. I'm not sure if this problem will repeat itself in a solo game or with a slingshot that you crafted, but I certainly ain't trusting the ones I find laying around right away.

I uninstalled the latest version of the mod, installed the previous version, and reinstalled my backup save, to get back to where I was before - there was birch bark in the other area that got nuked. There was also grass, but definitely birch bark.

I'm back testing with the main version (I'm not redoing all that plastering and painting again!) and I've been trying to poke various bits of the mod I haven't had much chance to play with before.

- I think the Tin Working books are actually showing up as Bronze Working textbooks

- I like how the dog whistles are working at the moment. I now have a pack of dogs who help patrol every level of my base, and they look adorable.

- Is it possible to remove packs from a pack dog? I put two large hiking bags on a male husky before I spotted that I could instead use big hiking bags with duct tape pouches on them, which would presumably let me carry more, but I can't find a way of taking the bags off.

- Mines seem to be working really well - particularly with being able to recycle stones into gravel. It's rather aesthetically satisfying to be able to pave some of the ground-floor enclosures in my settlement with gravel.

- I'm not sure if it's some of the glass-blowing recipes or all of them, but I seem to be picking up the Smelter a lot when I recycle glass. I may be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure if the recipes are meant to be capable of being done from the floor - if they are, I can't get it to work properly.

- I tried to make a potato cannon blueprint, but I ended up with a longbow blueprint containing the potato cannon recipe. I think the name may be bugged.

- There's something odd happening with the consumables used when I use the smelter or kiln. If I have charcoal or molds on the floor and I'm using them from the floor, they run down to 0 content but stay around; if I have them in my inventory, then they vanish once they've been used up. I'm not sure why that's happening, but I have a couple of empty bags of charcoal and a handful of empty ingot molds floating around in my workshops. Picking them up and then trying to use them alongside consumables that still have some life doesn't cause them to vanish.

It looks like the issue with having the tiles restored to their original state between v2.7 and 2.8 has to do with a combination of bark, birch bark and grass.  At least in the testing I did with my game file.  Once I removed all three of those items from a crate in the effected area I had no issue loading in with v2.8.  I tried removing the three culprits individually and in pairs but it seems I needed to remove all three from my base to fix the issue. Now on to exploring the new update :)

I'm still repairing/replacing the missing chunks of my base, but thanks to the latest upgrade - and emptying several warehouses and storage yards of paint - this is how my safe house looks now:

2wn08r4.jpg

25ho1n9.jpg

I've got a smelter, kiln and anvil set up on the lower level (the chemistry lab is in one of the house bedrooms). I'm intending to set lots of rooms up as living accommodation, either single or family, but I'm waiting to build furniture until the Turbo build that lets us do things like rip up carpets from houses and steal windows comes in. I've rebuild the library and started stockpiling those medical supplies I hadn't already looted to replace what I lost, and I've cleared half of Murtaugh of dog whistles, plaster, paint, clay and a few other bits and pieces. I need to finish replacing bits of missing roof and storage crates, and build lots and lots of shelves, bookcases and the like - and find more pillows and sheets to make mattresses from - but I think this is the most elaborate base I've built so far in PZ.