Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Had to use one of the menstrual pads to bandage a scratch on my head and all I could think about it is this video. Just wanted to say though, I feel like 100 menstrual pads to a box is a lot. I have no idea how many normally come in a box but I feel like that's a bit much, I had to put all the unused ones into a bathroom counter and it took like 5 minutes to transfer them all individually. hqdefault.jpg

I feel like 100 menstrual pads to a box is a lot. I have no idea how many normally come in a box but I feel like that's a bit much...

Agreed. I think 10 would be by far enough.

Another question: According to Svarogs thread about item variables, you could make your Hats wearable and also have a temperature modifier:

BodyLocation = Bottoms,
Defines what part of the body a Clothing item is worn on. Can be Bottoms, Shoes, Top, Head

Temperature = 8,
Defines the temperature resistance a Clothing item gives to the player when worn.

CanBeEquipped = Back,
Defines the clothing slot the item is equipped in, typically only used for containers in the form above.

Also, you could put all your recycle-recipes in an extra tab of the crafting menu:

DisplayCategory = Recycle,
Will be displayed as the item's category, can be anything but custom Categories need a Translation file.

And if I understand it correctly, disinfecting diapers / menstrual pads doesn't yield anything. You need to add:

ReduceInfectionPower     =   50,
If used, it will reduce infection (NOT Zombie Infection, it reduces regular wound infection, it might slow down zombie infection though, uncofirmed)

And why is a dirty diaper alcoholic?

item HCDiaperDirty    {        Weight    		= 0.1,        Type    		= Normal,        DisplayName         	= Dirty Diaper,        icon 			= HCDiaperDirty,	CanBandage		= TRUE,	BandagePower    	= 0,        Alcoholic		= TRUE,    }

This attribute is used for:

Alcoholic = TRUE,
If TRUE consuming the item will make the character drunk. If used for Bandage items, it will act as disinfectant.

Additionally, I think this will add a line to the tooltip of the item, that it can be used on the health screen:

Tooltip = Tooltip_UseOnHealthPanel,
Will display tooltip if item is moused over in inventory, requires Translation file that defines the text to display.

Dolt that I am, I finally twigged that the reason some recipes were missing is that they've been made learnable in the core IWBUMS main build, even though in a lot of cases the item to learn that recipe either doesn't exist yet or is something I can't find in the scripts. Yes, I got driven to actually start looking at scripts to try and work out what was going on :P

I've got some hydrocraft-specific comments I thought I'd flag up though (although by all means tell me to go and boil my head if I'm being daft). I've hit a few problems, in part because I've explored quite a lot of the map already, which makes finding the new books I need to learn various recipes a bit tricky. I don't know if there's a way to alter the item regeneration settings of a sandbox game while it's already running, but the changes between Hydrocraft 2.4 and 2.6b mean that I now need to find at least one book to learn how to work with clay, and without being able to do that, I won't be able to keep my smelter running. I should've made a stack of ingot molds in advance, but as it stands, although I already have a smelter and a kiln set up, I now don't know how to make any of the molds using the clay I've gathered, so without the book (or without going in and editing the scripts, which I'm very wary of) my efforts at recycling, forging, smelting and pottery are effectively at a dead end. As the ability to use clay is fundamental to a number of the other crafting areas that Hydrocraft adds, I think it'd be worth making the book(s) that teach the clay recipes relatively common compared to other books. I know that's maybe not entirely realistic, but to be honest, with access to clay recipes limited, enough other areas of the mod are inaccessible that it just becomes less fun. I know that I'm in a particular bind because of the settings I used, but it's such a big area of the mod and there's so much cool stuff to do, it'd be a shame to have people locked out of it in regular games because of the certain books not cropping up - and there are a lot of different books to find now, which is both glorious and a little daunting. I may be worrying unduly, but while a lot of the other recipe books that allow you to do things like apiculture, viticulture and the like are nifty, they don't tend to cut across the multiple crafting areas that working with clay does.

The ability to dig mines for stone is really, really cool. I knew there was a reason I'd lugged an auger back from the storage yard I'd found it in. It does make me wish there was a bit more I could do with stone, though. I may not have found the recipes yet, but would it be possible to be able to do things like knap units of stone down to produce multiple chipped stones, in a fashion akin to flint knapping? I think the archery side of the game is one that I now need to go and find a book to learn how to do again, but I was finding it difficult to gather enough of the chipped stones to make arrowheads/arrows/bolts from.

Now that we can quarry for stone via mines, will it be possible in the future to mine for other resources? Coal would hypothetically be really useful, for example - not just because coal fires tend to burn for a lot longer and at a more consistent temperature than wood fires, but also because coal is a much better fuel for smelting/metalworking than wood or even charcoal.

I've just started recycling rotten food via a compost bin, and it's a very useful addition to the game (and has a nice graphic, too) but I've found a couple of things that I can't compost or otherwise get rid of - the jar of salsa, and one of the other jarred cooking ingrediants. Not being able to compost it isn't a particular drama, but I also can't empty out the jars in the way I can mayonnaise or remoulade (whatever remoulade is). I've never actually tried making salsa in game, so I'm not sure if it's created as a jar of salsa or if I need to have a jar/bottle to put salsa in while I'm making it, but if it can't be recycled, could it be made possible to dump the salsa on the ground and get an empty bottle back? It'd bring it into line with mayonnaise/remoulade aesthetically, which seems appropriate.

I've not checked to see if I need to find books on apiculture to start up on beekeeping again, but I was having problems before the recent changes because violets seem to be pretty uncommon - I've been doing my best to forage for a while, but I'd only found one amidst all the other stuff that crops up while foraging. I know that this could just be the random number generator hating me, but it would be nice if there was an alternative or two to using violets so that I can play with apiculture a bit more.

I was poking around in the various smithing recipes via the IWBUMS crafthelper menu that got added in the latest version, trying to work out how I'd need to go about making swords and the like. Am I right in thinking that to make steel weapons, I'd need to start by getting together the ingrediants for making a copper smithing hammer, and then use the copper smithing hammer to make other types of smithing hammer so that I can then start forging other items? I may be wrong, but it looked like the only type of smithing hammer you could make without already having a smithing hammer was the copper one.

I really like the look of the new viticulture options, particularly being able to make vinegar, and the new glassworking options look interesting. Is there any chance that glass bottles could be made using glassworking? I know that raises all sorts of real-life questions about corking and the like, but if I'm ever going to end up in a zombie apocalypse, I think I'll need lots and lots of wine.

Which does raise another question - how do you feel about making vodka? Only I've got these cupboards full of potatoes that I think could go to a more profitable end than making mash or flour...

I spotted references to potted pumpkin vines and pumpkin seeds in the crafthelper menu, but the pumpkin seeds didn't have an image, and I don't think I've seen a pumpkin anywhere in the game before. Is this in anticipation of Hallowe'en, by any chance?

While my smithing/forging options are very limited at the moment, I have burnt through (pun possibly intended) a pretty staggering number of logs, particularly given the luxurious accomodation I decided to build, and I'm doing pretty well for deforesting the local area. With things like coal and charcoal in the game, would it be possible to upscale some of the recipes to make larger quantities of materials in small batches using the new fuels? I get the feeling that setting up such items is probably nastily complex, but in the same way that squeezing lemons gets you one unit of lemon juice but a bottle of lemon juice can be used multiple times, it'd be great if bags of charcoal or coal could fire up a kiln/forge/smelter for multiple runs, in the same way that ingot molds can be used multiple times, rather than having to consume a log each time. I remember when I was constructing the smelter it took a lot of logs to create all the bricks because I could only make one brick at a time - if I had a way of making batches of them, it would've made things a lot faster, and the kiln looks substantial enough to hold more than one brick in a run.

I hope that I don't sound like I'm complaining or being demanding - there really is so much great stuff to do in Hydrocraft that it feels like it should be an offical expansion, and it really pushed my interest up in playing the game sharply, so I don't want to sound ungrateful.

I feel like 100 menstrual pads to a box is a lot. I have no idea how many normally come in a box but I feel like that's a bit much...

Agreed. I think 10 would be by far enough.

Yeah I will reduce it to 20 next time.

BodyLocation = Bottoms,
Defines what part of the body a Clothing item is worn on. Can be Bottoms, Shoes, Top, Head

Temperature = 8,
Defines the temperature resistance a Clothing item gives to the player when worn.

CanBeEquipped = Back,
Defines the clothing slot the item is equipped in, typically only used for containers in the form above.

Also, you could put all your recycle-recipes in an extra tab of the crafting menu:

I already have this code and it dosn't seem to work.

item HCSkimask   {    BodyLocation        = Head,        Weight            = 0.1,    Type            = Clothing,    Temperature        = 10,    DisplayName        = Ski Mask,    Icon            = HCSkimask,    }

DisplayCategory = Recycle,
Will be displayed as the item's category, can be anything but custom Categories need a Translation file.

I don't know how to add a new category. So I just used the ones we had.

And if I understand it correctly, disinfecting diapers / menstrual pads doesn't yield anything. You need to add:

ReduceInfectionPower     =   50,
If used, it will reduce infection (NOT Zombie Infection, it reduces regular wound infection, it might slow down zombie infection though, uncofirmed)

And why is a dirty diaper alcoholic?

item HCDiaperDirty

{

Weight         = 0.1,

Type         = Normal,

DisplayName     = Dirty Diaper,

icon             = HCDiaperDirty,

CanBandage        = TRUE,

BandagePower     = 0,

Alcoholic        = TRUE,

}

This attribute is used for:

Alcoholic = TRUE,
If TRUE consuming the item will make the character drunk. If used for Bandage items, it will act as disinfectant.

Additionally, I think this will add a line to the tooltip of the item, that it can be used on the health screen:

Tooltip = Tooltip_UseOnHealthPanel,
Will display tooltip if item is moused over in inventory, requires Translation file that defines the text to display.

I was just trying to copy the code from the bandages. I am still a bit confused on how it works.

Over 1k items and not a single beer I can get. It's my favorite alcoholic beverage, I don't use your mod but if you add beer, I will.

Lol ! He has already added a way to make wine, but i like it !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if we could use/add the charcoal for fuel the kiln and the smelter (if we have trouble to find axe to cut logs for example). ?

In my last game at Wespoint, i found a dozen bag of charcoal (to fuel the BBQ), so i think : Why don't use them for fuel the kiln and the smelter (to make object).

Did you will add special recipes for book of electrical engineering ?

Thank also for the video who shows the Craft UI helper for Hydrocraft  :-D

@hydro:

To create a new category you just need a translation in \media\lua\shared\translate\EN\IG_UI_EN.txt

I will look into the wearable hat thing. I'm not able to create the sprites to make it visible on the character. But a little script that will allow to "wear" it in the inventory should be easy.

You are right with the bandages. In the vanilla code it looks the same. Don't know how disinfecting even has a benefit.

I made a mining hole.  How the heck do I use it?  O_o

Wait, so the mining hole has to be... IN my inventory in order to use it?  It's impossible to mine when it's on the ground?

Is it the same for the kiln and smelter?

All items in the "Blueprint" Category (well, script file i meant) seem to have a problem: They need "Paper", but that thing doesnt exist in the game,  so you cant make them. I s'pose this should 'ave been "SheetPaper" ??

I made a mining hole.  How the heck do I use it?  O_o

Wait, so the mining hole has to be... IN my inventory in order to use it?  It's impossible to mine when it's on the ground?

Is it the same for the kiln and smelter?

This is a bug its suppose to work from the ground. But in the last update it did not work Please support reporting the bug here ...

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-1861-item-crafting-from-ground/

New build is giving you an exceptions. This is trying to create HCJarrednberries:

ERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find Hydrocraft.HCJarrednberries-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: getType of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: rollItem -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 180function: fillContainerType -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 117function: fillContainer -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 95java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: getType of non-table: null        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1544)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:621)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1722)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1637)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)        at zombie.LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround$ItemPicker.checkObject(LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.java:438)        at zombie.LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.LoadGridsquare(LoadGridsquarePerformanceWorkaround.java:48)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.doLoadGridsquare(IsoChunk.java:1022)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunkMap.update(IsoChunkMap.java:175)        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.enter(IngameState.java:549)        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:145)        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:624)        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1169)        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:977)        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:162)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)        at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)        at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Also many recipes seem to be broken:

script: loading C:\Users\Necro\Zomboid\mods\Hydrocraft\media\scripts\Winemaking.txtERROR: can't find recipe source "Paper" in recipe "Make Potato Cannon Blueprint"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Paper" in recipe "Make Duct Tape Fletching Blueprint"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Paper" in recipe "Make Bone Arrowhead Blueprint"ERROR: can't find recipe source "DHCDucttapepouch" in recipe "Add Duct Tape Pouches to Normal Hiking Bag"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Zipperbagempty" in recipe "Store Dried Apple Slices in Bag"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Zipperbagempty" in recipe "Store Dried Peach Slices in Bag"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Zipperbagempty" in recipe "Store Dried Orange Slices in Bag"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Zipperbagempty" in recipe "Store Dried Banana Chips in Bag"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Strawberry" in recipe "Dry Some Strawberry Slices"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Zipperbagempty" in recipe "Store Dried Strawberry Slices in Bag"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCBunchOfberries" in recipe "Dry Some Berries"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Zipperbagempty" in recipe "Store Dried Berries in Bag"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Zipperbagempty" in recipe "Store Dried Tomato Slices in Bag"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Coco" in recipe "Make Cup of Hot Chocolate"ERROR: can't find recipe source "WhiskeyHalf" in recipe "Brew Irish Coffee"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Wildeggs" in recipe "Make Homemade Pancake Batter"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Pear" in recipe "Prepare Pear Jam"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCSlicedApple" in recipe "Prepare Jarred Apples"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Pumpkin" in recipe "Make Pumpkin Pie"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Frogmeat" in recipe "Make Tasty Pizza"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Frogmeat" in recipe "Make Tasty Pizza"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCMashedpotatos" in recipe "Make Potato Pancakes"ERROR: can't find recipe source "CookingOil" in recipe "Make Creamy Mashed Potatos"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCZipperbagempty" in recipe "Smash Dried Potato to Flour"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Pumpkin" in recipe "Plant Pumpkin Seeds"ERROR: can't find recipe source "FerilizerEmpty" in recipe "Fill Bag With Compost"ERROR: can't find recipe result "Pumpkin" in recipe "Harvest Pumpkin"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Frogmeat" in recipe "Fill Large Tupperware Container with Food"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Frogmeat" in recipe "Fill Large Tupperware Container with Food"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Frogmeat" in recipe "Fill Large Tupperware Container with Food"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Frogmeat" in recipe "Fill Large Tupperware Container with Food"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Frogmeat" in recipe "Fill Medium Tupperware Container with Food"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Frogmeat" in recipe "Fill Medium Tupperware Container with Food"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Frogmeat" in recipe "Fill Small Tupperware Container with Food"ERROR: can't find recipe source "BakingSheet" in recipe "Recycle Iron"ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCBronzelingot" in recipe "Recycle Bronze"ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCbronzeingot" in recipe "Recycle Bronze"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCTennisball" in recipe "Put Tennis Balls in Container"ERROR: can't find recipe result "Poolball" in recipe "Play With"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCToymoneky" in recipe "Play With"

@hydro: I have a suggestion.
I think the weight of money, especially paper money, should be lowered; A LOT. To make a comparison, a box of nails weights 0.3 lbs in the game, the same as 3 coins or 3 bills.. an axe weights 3 lbs, the same as 30 bills.. As you can see, it's pretty unrealistic.
One more thing: it would be nice if you could make "bundles" (not sure if it's the right word) of bills, maybe using a rubber band or a paperclip.. like every 20 or 40 bills, you make a bundle..

1. Thanks JimPanze your reports are always helpful!

2. Thanks EazyPickins. Glad you devs are looking into the issue.

3.. Elizabeth I think I already got the Tampons along with the diapers when I fixed the Menstrual Pads for next update.

4. Kamekono Isn't all money just 0.1? I think that is as low as I can go without it being weightless. As for the bundles, I like the idea, I may even have the at for it too, but we shall see.

JimPanzee's errors just seem to be caused by typos.

Wveth's problems with the smelter being picked up seem to be from recipes that aren't marked CanBeDoneFromFloor, such as the ones in Glassworking.txt and Money.txt.  I tried with some that were marked CanBeDoneFromFloor and it didn't pick up the smelter.

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I could not find the answer. I'm playing with hydrocraft. And for the first time I'm beginning to think long term survival for a character. I have a few jars and lids. I found in the recipe manager that I can pickle potatoes with vinegar. And that I can pull 20 bottles of vinegar from a barrel of vinegar, provided I have the bottles..

Can't figure out how I'm supposed to make that barrel of vinegar. Should I find it?

Also, and this is probably a more generic question. If I got a bunch of potatoes lying around in he winter. Will they stay fresh for longer than in summer? In other words, is the world a refrigerator in winter?

(One might guess that I'm a little worried about the winter, never seen an in game winter before ;) )