Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

16 hours ago, Lovely said:

I see. What recent change made it easier to turn items into world props?

I don't remember off hand.  It was mentioned in one of the lastest news or updates from the devs with this build.

11 hours ago, PeaceOops said:

Pots of Mash are bugged.  I can only test it in multiplayer, but it happens every time.  Tried with pot of honey brew and now potato mash.  I made the mash, put it in the oven, and waited until it cooks and turns into pot of heated mash.  When I grab it or try to move it to another inventory, it disappears, and remains disappeared until I log off and log back in, at which point it is back in the oven, in its uncooked / unheated state.  I also tried being right next to the oven with my barrel so I didn't have to move the heated mash much, clicked "Fill barrel with mash" and the pots were grabbed, but then the recipe stops, and the pots have disappeared.

Long time bug.  Drag the pots to the ground from the oven first.  Then pick them up to use.

On 11/8/2018 at 4:06 AM, nickodemos said:

Can not open Canned Cheese Sauce.

recipe Open Canned Cheese Sauce
    {
        HCCannedcheesesauce,
           keep TinOpener, 
           Result:HCCannedcheesesauce,
           Time:80.0,
           Category:Cooking,
    }

Heheh.... my bad... It should be fixed in the next update.

aight, i said somewhere other than steam where i'd post my modlist, which turns off water after 1 filling with any amount.

vehicle parts repair
item name fixes
blindcoders hotbar & utility functions.
south muldraugh, louisiana, fort knox, california, bedford falls
torch
shopping lists
reducedplank
project zomboid easy storage
more watches 1.0
item tweaker api
*hydrocraft
cargobags
cooking trait
exercise

sorry for a long post. i'm having a few too many troubles.

Hi Hydro!
Attempting to sleep in a sleeping bag causes an error by seasoning the mouse click on it ...

Spoiler

1542659709214 attempted index: getProperties of non-table: null
1542659709215 -----------------------------------------
1542659709216 STACK TRACE
1542659709216 -----------------------------------------
1542659709217 function: onSleepWalkToComplete -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1682
1542659709217 function: onSleep -- file: HCSleep.lua line # 43
1542659709218 function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 98
java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: getProperties of non-table: null
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1654)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:649)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:167)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1922)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1747)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:77)
        at zombie.ui.UIElement.onMouseUp(UIElement.java:995)
        at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1159)
        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:630)
        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1314)
        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1090)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:184)

Hi Hydro !

First things first, I would like to tell you how awesome your mod is ! Actually I can NOT play Zomboid without it, and play Zomboid BECAUSE of all the opportunities this mod gives ! (And also because I believe Zomboid is a game with a huge potential of awesomeness).

Secondly, I would like to know a few things. Are you still working on it ? Can we make suggestions ? And finally, could you show me how to get the tools to do this also, 'cause I would like to tweak and add a few things, which, i you want, you could add to your mod.

Thanks a lot ! See you all later

Hello! I just wanted to inquire about the status of any upcoming updates, as I'm unsure how compatible the current Hydrocraft build is with the recent patch to Build 40. My apologies if this is the incorrect place to ask such a question. 

Edited by 13ventrm
Wanted to ensure this was correct place for inquiry

Hello, big fan of the Hydrocraft mod -- adds so much that the base game is missing -- can really feel the pain of that when you go back and play vanilla/ watch one of Nomis's hardcore let's plays lol

Anyway - gonna throw some bugs I've seen at you -- all for the most recent build

1 - attempting to fish w/ mole crickets causes an exception - red box pop-up - haven't done too much fishing - but haven't had problems w/ other insects yet

2 - plastic pipes do not exist - I've also read every metal working magazine - the cut steel pipe recipe doesn't exist -- I was able to find 1 with the metal detector

3 - battery array - cannot find recipe book in my current play through(despite removing book covers of well over 1200 books) - so can't attest to how current it is -- but in my last one the recipe for battery array required attaching clamps to car batteries -- needing 8 w/ clamps if I recall correctly -- no clue what it does -- but wanted to complete it this time around

Not only have I not found that recipe book -- but I've not found a single clamp - after over 2 months 16 days - and checking literally every warehouse - storage lot - vehicle repair shop - and shed in Muldraugh

Pretty certain at this point the item doesn't exist

4 - vegetable oil -- none of the seeds this recipe requires actually grow - left them alone for 1 month 5 days - and still in seedling phase -- I never find more than a few of these seeds - if I'm lucky from getting fresh ones early on - so I've no idea how you're expected to ever get 100 of any of them -- so all the fine leather recipes can't be made

5 - fishing kit -- the crafted one - fishing rod + fishing basket/tackle box + lure -- you cannot actually fish w/ this item

Lastly, this mod is pretty big -- could really stand to have some info about it more easily available -- like say, a book you can craft or something - where you can go like -- I've got like 20+ dif forage items I've no clue what any of them do -- goes to forage section - blank can be used for blank  -- kind of thing -- just spending hours looking through the awful crafting interface doesn't actually tell you what items do

or it could steal the in-game tutorial interface or something -- 

Edited by Effregy

40 minutes ago, Effregy said:

Lastly, this mod is pretty big -- could really stand to have some info about it more easily available -- like say, a book you can craft or something - where you can go like -- I've got like 20+ dif forage items I've no clue what any of them do -- goes to forage section - blank can be used for blank  -- kind of thing -- just spending hours looking through the awful crafting interface doesn't actually tell you what items do

or it could steal the in-game tutorial interface or something -- 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911399676 Steam Workshop :: Craft helper Mod (v1.1.2) for PZ 36.4

You can also use this site for reference. http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/recipelist.php List of All Project Zomboid, Hydrocraft Mod and ORMtnMan's Real Gun Mod (ORGM) Recipes / Crafts

As to the rest many items tend to be extremely rare drops. Looking for clamps I could search for months and then hit two houses in a row that has them. It would be nice if they had a higher spawn rate in auto shops.

Also are you doing everything? Here is a list for making a battery array.

http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/recipe.php?ID=4386 Information about Project Zomboid recipe: Research Battery Array

http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/recipe.php?ID=728

hmm -- so the blueprint will give what the magazine was supposed to?

that craft helper mod seems like quite the treasure -- that will definitely help

pretty certain plastic pipe rarity isn't intentional is used in too many recipes + the "cut steel pipes" recipe is supposed to give 5 -despite that magazine not existing lol --

the seeds for vegie oil simply don't actually grow - so that's likely unintentional -- just like eating pumpkins/corn not actually giving seeds -- have to shuck corn to get seeds --

and I'm certain clamps simply don't exist in my world - it does look like the recipe changed since my last play through - so lucky clamps aren't required

if they still are, I'll just adjust the recipe to require paperclips or screws or some other essentially infinite resource -- 0/16 isn't an acceptable spawn rate for something that nearly every single car in the game should realistically have -- seriously, who doesn't keep jumper cables in their cars??

anyway, thanks for the reply

I also wished to report an issue I've encountered, when sowing watermelon and zucchini, they do not seem to grow, and on the farming display only show up as "Plowed Land". I suspect this may be the case with other non-base game crops being planted in the ground. I apologize for not knowing how to properly report the coding aspect of things for that. Thank you all for your hard work on a wonderful mod!

9 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Looks like Hydrocraft breaks the ability to select multiple items in the player's primary inventory, going from the lower right-hand side to upper left-hand side. You now have to drag the selection box to the extreme edge of the GUI, not just over the item  type's font.

Are you sure this is Hydrocraft? 

I play without Hydrocraft - and I've always experienced the game UI like this - I thought it was just how it worked

4 minutes ago, Bejasc said:

Interesting. Might be some other mod I have that causes the same issue 

Possible. It seems to work fine in build 39, so I assume there's a slight difference in the way the mod interacts with the gui In the weather build. Tried selectively removing some components like compass and armor, but those didn't resolve it.

If it happens with other, smaller mods (especially if they were integrared into hydro) it'd help narrow it down.

HI :)

i'm trying to get hydrocraft to work on my lan server, the only links i see is steam and one that seems to be discontinued, (PZ.mods)  i see no instructions anywhere to do anything, like it says, click steam 'subscibe' and hey presto, but it doesn't work like that, i have to transfer it to my PZ mods folder right?

for me the steam subscribe didn't actually do anything, no mod in steams side,i expected to be able it transfer it over, instead i had to dig through the net to find a link that contained the mod?

What am i missing here?

Seems i had to go through a commenter's ..comment to get the right link..?

Edited by Bob Isme
typo and explaination

Hey! First of all, love your mod. 

I've been combing around to see any potential fixes, but so far I've come up dry, whether to not searching enough or there not being a fix to the problem yet.

I currently run build 40.31 with the latest update of your mod. Unfortunately, it seems to lag my game to absolute oblivion with the Hydrocraft mod set. I've checked multiple times enabling and disabling mods, and Hydrocraft seems to be the perpetrator, albeit I don't have many mods in play to begin with. 

I've seen there were some issues with pillars? But I'm not exactly too sure if that's the problem in this case, because not having hydrocraft enabled lets me run the game a lot smoother as opposed to when I have it on.

Specs:

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 logical processors

16GB ram

Motherboard: HP

Do I need to upgrade to a newer stable build, or perhaps to a IWUMBS build? Haven't tried that yet.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated! 

Hey ppl, :D  is there a way i can nerf  gather flora? ..  :) i'd like to remove the ability to level foraging and collect vegetables, i'm able to grab veggies from a 1 square a dirt infinitely, and i can get 2/3 levels a day, from 1 square, makes real foraging pointless, n i aint scared to go in a forest hehe, 

Gotta say this is the sweetest mod i've ever seen.

While i am here i'd also like to complain about the amount of animals crapping on my back lawn :) :lol:

Personally i'd prefer the feild guides to be restricted to 'forest zones or something :)

Edited by Bob Isme
to add a joke :P