Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

49 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

Yes because they are a drainable item. And as such they cannot be armor since armor items have a durability. Also there is currently no way to have items emit light unless you equip them equipped on ther primary or secondary slots.

Fair enough, and a shame. I understand though, only 1 "durability" key for an item, so you can't put the durability and drainability properties as separate things because they don't do that with items. Maybe we can convince them to implement it. Your mod could do so much more if they did.

Hi, found a small "Bug" in the file timetracker_definitions.lua. Hemp wasn't growing, this needs to replace the hemp part:

--HCHempbudfresh
ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCPottedhempsmall"] = {};
ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCPottedhempsmall"]["Life"] = 72.0;
ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCPottedhempsmall"]["TurnInto"] = "Hydrocraft.HCPottedhemp";

ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCPottedhemp"] = {};
ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCPottedhemp"]["Life"] = 72.0;
ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCPottedhemp"]["TurnInto"] = "Hydrocraft.HCPottedhempready";

ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCPottedhempready"] = {};
ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCPottedhempready"]["Life"] = 48.0;
ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCPottedhempready"]["TurnInto"] = "Hydrocraft.HCPottedhempdead";

The Image for Pottet Orange trees and Ready Pottet Orange trees is missing and Cornplants on fields produce White Corn and Corn Seeds, not Corn and Corn Seeds, can be fixed like that in farming_vegetableconf.lua:

-- Corn (12 to 16 weeks to grow)
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"] = {};
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].seedsRequired = 10;
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].texture = "vegetation_farming_01_78";
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].waterLvl = 35;
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].waterLvlMax = 85;
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].timeToGrow = ZombRand(50,55);
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].minVeg = 3;
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].maxVeg = 6;
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].minVegAutorized = 10;
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].maxVegAutorized = 15;
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].vegetableName = "Base.Corn";
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].seedName = "Hydrocraft.HCCornseeds";
farming_vegetableconf.props["Corn"].seedPerVeg = 3;

In my game i changed the planting, harvest and removing times on planters to 1/10, still works fine. 30 min to grab a bunch of carrots and so on is to much, if you ask me.

Edit: in plantsGrowing.lua in function recipe_NDPlantsHarvest(items, result, player) Date and Fig are missing a ready in theyr names. So they can be harvested but have no result atm.

Edit2: IStrellisMenu.lua ISTrellisMenu.haveSeed is an typo, HCBellpepper needs to be replaced with HCBellpepperred, for the seeds and the package.

Edit3: Just a small Typo in gardening ND.txt, the wrong icon was defined, here is the correct one.

item HCPottedgrapevineready
    {
        Weight              = 5,
        Type                = Normal,
        UseWhileEquipped    = FALSE,
        DisplayName         = Ready Potted Grape Vine,
        icon                = HCPottedgrapevineready,
        ResizeWorldIcon     = 1.0,
    }

Edited by keinPlan86m

Ok, but you cant use the hydrocraft metal sheets to build things that require small metal sheets (like most containers) , which kinda sucks. Also, what skills do you need to pick a locked safe, once again thanks.

Edited by Harperers

Hello it its possible to translate this mod ?  i actually translate most food into Polish language for myself   but i cant tanslate some things like gardering because items just dissapear and i have no idea why ; /

I only translate "DisplayName Items" like this any issue?

item HCPottedappletree
    {
        Weight              = 5,
        Type                = Normal,
        DisplayName         = Jabłonka Doniczkowa,
        icon                = HCPottedappletree,
    }

item HCPottedbananatree
    {
        Weight              = 5,
        DisplayName         = Bananowiec Doniczkowy,
        icon                = HCPottedbananatree,
    }

item HCPottedblackberrybush
    {
        Weight              = 5,
        DisplayName         =  Krzak Jarzyn Doniczkowy,
        icon                = HCPottedblackberrybush,
    }

item HCPottedblueberrybush
    {
        Weight              = 5,
        DisplayName         = Borówka Doniczkowa,
        icon                = HCPottedblueberrybush,

Hi there !

First, a big thank you for this amazing mod ! I'm enjoying each minute i spend on it.

But i have troubles to find any ores. I have a tier 2 mine, and i found only iron ore one time (did the action 263 times, and i sieved all the dirt)

Is that normal ? Any way to increase the drop rates IG ? (upgrading the mine / using a specific tool.... ...)

Thank you in advance for any answer/advice, and have a nice zomboid day !

15 hours ago, MrFootman said:

But i have troubles to find any ores

if you're looking for iron just make a smelter and melt the various iron things you come across, make a fire suit though trust me unless you like random face burns

also you can use a pickaxe to mine faster/get better stuff

edit : I think holding a shovel works like a lighter tier pickaxe, i may be incorrect though

Edited by Minnigin

1 hour ago, Minnigin said:

if you're looking for iron just make a smelter and melt the various iron things you come across, make a fire suit though trust me unless you like random face burns

also you can use a pickaxe to mine faster/get better stuff

edit : I think holding a shovel works like a lighter tier pickaxe, i may be incorrect though

You only mine faster with better mining tools and upgraded mines, what you get is random.

Crowbars for example give 3 iron ingots, i also find most of my iron and steel on the recycling path. Some automotive parts like brakes and tanks also give a lot of materials, so you can skill mechanic and gain ressources.

Found another smaller bug, you can get infinite tar from a bucket of tar, with emptying and filling it again.

Here are the corrected recipies:

recipe Fill Mug With Tar 
    {
    	Mugl,
    	HCTar=10,
    	Result:HCTarmug,
    	Time:50,
    	Category:Firecraft,
    }

recipe Fill Bucket With Tar 
    {
    	BucketEmpty,
    	HCTar=30,
    	Result:HCTarbucket,
    }

recipe Fill Wooden Bucket With Tar 
    {
    	HCWoodenbucket,
    	HCTar=30,
    	Result:HCWoodenbuckettar,
    }

20 hours ago, MrFootman said:

Hi there !

First, a big thank you for this amazing mod ! I'm enjoying each minute i spend on it.

But i have troubles to find any ores. I have a tier 2 mine, and i found only iron ore one time (did the action 263 times, and i sieved all the dirt)

Is that normal ? Any way to increase the drop rates IG ? (upgrading the mine / using a specific tool.... ...)

Thank you in advance for any answer/advice, and have a nice zomboid day !

What you get depends on the mine type and your forage levels. The dark mine contains the highest ores/minerals in the game. The normal mine - with or without pulley only mines up to a certain level of ores.

That's where foraging comes into play. The higher level foraging you have higher tier ores you get for that mine. So in other words increase foraging levels. You'll need foraging anyways for other skills for HC end-game.

The best way to get iron/steel is to recycle items. There are tons of recyclable items in the hardware stores.

2 minutes ago, MrFootman said:

Thank you everyone for your answers.

What are the tools we can use with the mine ? (i knew about shovel and pickaxe)
Is the mining tools allowed for example ?

Powered Mining Tool and powered Mining Tool with Chisel is also possible, then trowel and other combinations. You can find them under Stoneworking: Mine Dirt and Stone :-)

Btw wanted to experiment a bit with the mod and created 18 new smoking recipies for sausages and the other recipies use some more materials like barks, boughts and some other ^^ The File is attached and you need to overwrite the item HCCookbooksmoking in Cookbooks.txt, with the following and read the book again ingame to learn the new recipies.

item HCCookbooksmoking
	{
		Weight		=	0.5,
		Type		=	Literature,
		DisplayName	=	Smoking Cookbook,
		Icon		=	HCCookbook,
		TeachedRecipes  =   	Make Smoker;Fill Smoker;Smoke Meat;Smoke Tofu;Smoke Cheese;Smoke Sausage,
        	ReplaceOnUse    =   	HCCookbooksmoking,
	}

I also created 2 new recipies for the compost, so the "old"vanilla system and your composters can work "together" and materials can be transfered.

recipe Take Compost from Compost Bag
    {
    	Base.CompostBag=1.0,
		CanBeDoneFromFloor:false,
    	Result:HCCompost=1,
    	NeedToBeLearn:false,
    	Time:30,
    	Category:Farming,
    	OnGiveXP:HCFarming_OnGiveXP,
    }		

recipe Pack Compost Bag
    {
    	HCCompost=4,
		Base.EmptySandbag,
		CanBeDoneFromFloor:false,
		Result:Base.CompostBag,
    	NeedToBeLearn:false,
    	Time:100,
    	Category:Farming,
    	OnGiveXP:HCFarming_OnGiveXP,
    }		

Love this Mod, gives me so many ideas.

Food Smoked.txt

42 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

In

instantly?

It was on 3x speed but the very moment it was finished crafting yeah, and at full health.  

However I just loaded a recent backup and tried to replicate it, and was completely unsuccessful in dying.  Let alone instantaneously.  So I won't call this a hydrocraft issue.  Sorry for not testing this before reporting.

I installed the version 10.4 of this mod on my game, version 39.67.5. I only have this mod running, but with it my game gets a lot of stutter and is unplayable... 
I even started a new game but its the same. My pc is a i5 750 3.6 oc and a 1050 ti. It runs fine without the mod.
Any idea why this is happening? 

46 minutes ago, brunorasera said:

I installed the version 10.4 of this mod on my game, version 39.67.5. I only have this mod running, but with it my game gets a lot of stutter and is unplayable... 
I even started a new game but its the same. My pc is a i5 750 3.6 oc and a 1050 ti. It runs fine without the mod.
Any idea why this is happening? 

Hydro needs to remove the loading code for his pillars stuff, as it iterates over each tile a large number of times when moving.

You can try it out with the version of Hydro shipping in Beard-Pak if you like. I updated it to the latest Hydro recently.  Just note that decorative pillars and irrigation isn't present in it.

Hi, updated some parts of your Mod in my game and added some things that might be of interest to you, HydromancerX. The files can be found in the 7z file i attached, use as you like to.

"Changelog:"

Spoiler

Fixes:

- Date and Fig now produce fruits when harvested

- hemp grows

- grown corn produces corn seeds

- Red Bell Pepper can now been grown on trellis

- grapes in planters shows the right icon

- beagles can be slaughtered

- tar can no longer be multiplicated

- you can now produce mead, the barrel wasn't "aging"

Changes:

- interacting with planters only tooks 1/10 the time

- batterys in metal detector, mining unit and others last 10x times longer, only 5 uses for a "professional" tools seamed a bit off

- pottery recipies have been changed so they can use red and grey clay, and have been renamed to be more specific

- adjusted weight and number of crafted barricades

- insects, non feral dung, all foraged eggs and zombie parts are now food, former items of that kind will disapper

- more branches, barks and leaves can be used to smoke items

- bath towels can now be used to train on the weight lifiting bench too

- beehives now stay active after harvest

New Features:

- now all seafood that could be catched in the pond, is now also catchable in the rivers and lakes, fisheggs and others are food now

- traps now can catch all bird and smaller animals, that where only findable while hunting, living and dead, also needed to make them eatable to work

- smoker, biogas unit, smelter, all furnaces, all kilns are now containers after anchoring, added recipies to unanchor the old ones, so nothing gets lost and changed all recipies so they work on the new container items

(this also fixes a small bug with items having 0 to drain, but not disappering, they will only disapper when in a container or inventory, not on ground, during crafting)

- beartraps and nailtraps now damage and kill zombies

- barricades damage and kill zombies (but produce error messages i can not fix atm)

- new recipies for smoked sausages

- when butchering an animal, you also get organs (eatable) atm 4 classes (birds, small animal, normal sice animals and large animals)

- new recipies for the well, so more items can be used to fill them with water (pot, kettle...)

- recipies to craft bear traps and electric clamps

- different chances for ores to be found in the smaller mines, needs some more testing for balancing

- new recipies to make garlic powder, onion powder and chilli powder in zipper bags, can be used for crafting like theyr counterparts

- compost can now be transfered into bags and taken out of it

- barrels with brewing things can be emptied, but everything is lost then and you only get an empty barrel

- pottery book, smoking food book, hunting book and making spice book have to be read again to get the new recipies

Hydrocraft Mod Files.7z

Edited by keinPlan86m

On 7/6/2018 at 9:57 AM, BigKevSexyMan said:

Hello, I did some light testing with the generator and I can say that the cell issue is still an issue. 

I tested by hosting a server with only hydrocraft on it.  I also made sure I was on the latest version.  I was also the only player.

I enabled admin mode, then ran out into the middle of the forest.  I then used console commands to create and plug in the solar generator and place a hydrocraft lamp.

I then turned the lamp on and ran out of the cell, then ran back, and the generator was off and I had to replug.

I then went into town and placed the generator outside a building and turned on it's built in lights.

After running back out and in, the lights were no longer powered by the solar generator.

I then repeated the city test while using a regular generator, and the regular generator worked.  I was able to leave the cell and come back with the lights on.

I hope this helps.

In addition to this we have a server going and the generators will "plugged in" but not powering stuff when we come back to the base, log out, etc.  HOWEVER as long as none of us look in the fridges before we unplug and replug them (which brings on all the lights again) the fridges will act like they had power the entire time.  If we look the contents of them though before fixing the solar generators it will all be warm, rotting, etc.

Edited by Chained_Phoenix

On 3.8.2018 at 2:46 AM, Hydromancerx said:

Thanks. I will look over your stuff when i have time to mod again. Been super busy with irl stuff.

Read that you are busy in RL, thats why i started cause i wanted to smoke ma fine homegrown weed  :-)

If you need some help or so, i would be happy. Have some modding experience, programming experience (no LUA :-/ ) and a lot of time atm^^

Hi made some changes during the last days and uploaded a new file with everything.

Spoiler

Irrigation Pipes now work for trellis too.

Added Green and Yellow paprica and Green Grapes to the Trellis system.

New recipie for Butcher Cleaver, Socks can be recycled into Cotton Strings, Fixing for katana (not easy) also more durability for the katana (3x).

Changed the Timetracker.lua , so the codes runs only around every 30 ingame minutes, not every 5-10 seconds, could take away some load, feels smoother for me, but needs confirmation.

Also some recipies and new items to make wine, mead and sake with large glassbaloons and empty plastic cans (can be found in the WinemakingDIY.txt).

Includes some fixes from money3030, from steamcomments and discussions.:
- BLOO should be gone and become cookies again.
- Hot Coffee Fix
- Fix for Chlorgasgrenades
- new recipie for HCChemicalbottlesodiumhydroxide

- Selfmade heater Fix

Hydrocraft Mod Files.7z

• 2 weeks later...

Latest IWBUMS tosses a stack trace on right clicking any farming dig patch.  I don't expect a fix from Hydromancer I just wanted to toss this up here for awareness.  I might try to fix it myself and if I do I will edit it in this post.

Edit: I should clarify this makes farming impossible, as well as irrigation which is the root of the problem.

1535116869854 -----------------------------------------
1535116869854 STACK TRACE
1535116869854 -----------------------------------------
1535116869855 Callframe at: table.pairs
1535116869855 function: getBarrelAt -- file: WaterPipe.lua line # 163
1535116869855 function: doPipeMenu -- file: WaterPipeMenu.lua line # 155
1535116869856 Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@801bbf88
1535116869858 function: createMenu -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1313
1535116869858 function: createMenu -- file: ISMenuContextWorld.lua line # 46
1535116869858 function: createWorldMenu -- file: ISContextManager.lua line # 28
1535116869859 function: doRClick -- file: ISObjectClickHandler.lua line # 45
1535116869859 function: onObjectRightMouseButtonUp -- file: ISObjectClickHandler.lua line # 239

Edited by Probe1