Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

14 hours ago, Nebula said:

Hydro, you have missed the update of the Russian translation which I have laid in advance - first Wednesday, then Thursday... you are not careful. I'm disappointed

Can and all people doing translations post their translations in this thread this week? I have tried to check the drop box one but things seem old. I am not sure what is really new anymore. The only new one i was for sure was the Turkish one from DemirHerif since he sends me an update every week.

Edited by Hydromancerx

11 hours ago, nolanri said:

WARNING! Scary bug report! - Don't add poison to inventory food item with build 6.2! You will just poison yourself!

#Hydro
There is still a mix up with the poison recipies, or lua functions rather.

two of them have a duplicate function name "HCPoison"

and adding poison will call the function that poisons yourself

Adding the word "Add" to the function names should make it less confusing

There should be 4 poison functions:

one to run on "Drink Mild Poison" --> function HCPoisonNL

one to run on "Drink Strong Poison" --> Function HCPoison

one to run on "Add <Strong> Poison to inventory food" --> function HCAddPoison

one to run on "Add <Mild> Poison to inventory food" --> function HCAddPoisonNL

I know your busy so here is the fixed version, if you replace this code with yours:

in Death.txt

recipe Add Poison to Inventory Food
    {
	HCSuicidenote,
	HCTesttubepoisonmild,
	Result:HCSuicidenote,
    	NeedToBeLearn:true,
	OnCreate:HCAddPoisonNL,
    	Category:Death,
    	Time:30.0,
    }

recipe Add Poison to Inventory Food
    {
	HCSuicidenote,
	HCTesttubepoisonstrong,
	Result:HCSuicidenote,
    	NeedToBeLearn:true,
	OnCreate:HCAddpoison,
    	Category:Death,
    	Time:30.0,
    }

in HCDeath.lua:

function HCPoison(items, result, player)

player:getBodyDamage():setPoisonLevel(500.0);
	player:getBodyDamage():Update();

end

function HCPoisonNL(items, result, player)

player:getBodyDamage():setPoisonLevel(25.0);
	player:getBodyDamage():Update();

end

function HCAddPoison(items, result, player)

player:getInventory():FindAndReturnCategory("Food"):setPoisonPower(500.0);
	player:Say("*Adds the poison into " .. player:getInventory():FindAndReturnCategory("Food"):getType() .. "*");

end
function HCAddPoisonNL(items, result, player)

player:getInventory():FindAndReturnCategory("Food"):setPoisonPower(25.0);
	player:Say("*Adds the poison into " .. player:getInventory():FindAndReturnCategory("Food"):getType() .. "*");

end

Ah ok. Thanks for fix that! Shall be updated next release with these changes.

Continue...
The mod has a lot of money, which clutter up the inventory. Need to be able to put money in the wallets from the original PZ, i.e. to make so that they opened like containers, but took only money.
I tried to do it myself but I failed.

I would also like to be able to bind books in the stack by means of a cord, rope, tape, or a pair of belts.

bookstool-04.jpg

Edited by Nebula

Hmm Money in a Zombieapocalypse needfull or not. Maybe as lighter or toilett paper. Yes i think Toilett Paper was the Goldfoil in the Crisis :D

Ok i have seen in the last time a few suggestions wich contains recipes like the binding books to stacks I can tell you where the problem is.

If you take three random books and bind them together to a stack you will have the same three if you unbind the stack. This means for us we must have code not only for binding three random books to a stack no we need code for every possible combination of combined Books.

Like Book A and Book B you need Code for AAA AAB ABB if you add Book C you must write code for Combine AAA AAB AAC ABC ABB ACC and so on. This means if we want to add a thing like combine the books to a stack we need more then a ton of code.

I have see this already in your Recipe for Sterilisation.

Point 2

2. Sterile cutting tool.
- A bottle of disinfectant liquid + one of: scalpel / razor Blade / kitchen knife / folding knife / hunter Knife

This means we need 5 differnt recipes to sterilize the 5 Items.

Bottle of Disinfectant + Scalpel = sterilized Scalpel

Bottle of Disinfectant + Razor Blade = sterilized Razor Blade

Bottle of Disinfectant + Kitchen Knife = sterilized Kitchen Knife

Bottle of Disinfectant + Folding Knife = sterilized Folding Knife

Bottle of Disinfectant + Hunter Knife = sterilized Hunter Knife

This is because the result.

You can write the recipe so you can use all 5 Items but you will get only the one item that will show under result. Dont know if there is a way to manage this in lua but i didnt have seen this until now.

Sure you can add a "OnCreate" in the Recipe but i belive the Gamemechanics dont know wich item was sterilized when using all 5 in the Recipe.

Edit: Hmm this money thing ... maybe use the function from Keyring (replace Keys with Money and Keyring with Wallet but i think this must be done in lua)

Edited by Cyrrent Eiledoll

Thanks Hydro and Cyrrent Eiledoll, which added suicide!
Today after a few bites in the game, and the inevitability of death I hanged myself! :) Noticed a small glitch.
When hanging, you can only use a rope made of rags :(In the fashion of a lot on which to hang himself. This rope/thick rope/cord/strap/tie, add in the recipe of these items please.

Oh i dont add this i am just a guy who make some art and write some code from time to time :D

Remember me how a friend means to me "Take a Rope from Hemp if you want to hang yourself. This is better for our Skin on your neck." :D

Öhhm i have already prepared code for all 5 Items :D just need code for making the Steampot

Edit: I believe there is no need for new Textures for sterilized Items. I just use the old ones and named that sterilized Scalpel etc.

But i must keep in mind that the sterilized items change back to normal when used. So making a drainable Item or use OnCreate to get a normal Item back. I think i try the drainable item.

Edited by Cyrrent Eiledoll

Hmm. about bound stack of books...
Can be to do it as a container? While the books in the stack they are on-the-fly code is placed in a container that has a picture of a stack of books, and when unleashed books are retrieved in the inventory and the container turns into a rope ;)

The code counts the number of books and creates a container with the same capacity
Then puts all the books in this container.

Within reason... for example 10 or 15 books in one bundle

Edited by Nebula

7 hours ago, Nebula said:

Continue...
The mod has a lot of money, which clutter up the inventory. Need to be able to put money in the wallets from the original PZ, i.e. to make so that they opened like containers, but took only money.
I tried to do it myself but I failed.

I would also like to be able to bind books in the stack by means of a cord, rope, tape, or a pair of belts.

bookstool-04.jpg

I have not figured out how to limit items to a container like keys too. I thought i knew how keys worked with the car keys, but that failed as well. I anyone know how to make containers that hold only one type of item i would defiantly like to add that feature to wallets.

I have not figured out how to limit items to a container like keys too. I thought i knew how keys worked with the car keys, but that failed as well. I anyone know how to make containers that hold only one type of item i would defiantly like to add that feature to wallets.

Gydro, We believe in You! You will succeed!

Error in the word...
Lab.txt >
Line 200

Foreceps > Forceps

Good day to all honest survivors, translator and developers! Have one question. When does it take all functionality charging unit recipe? I have no idea where I can find Dynamo to create charging unit? And passing question, why we can not create some kind of device (electric current transformer as example) that will take ability to us use vanilla gas generator as batteries charger.

P.S. Sorry for orthographic and other mistakes.

Edited by ErgoProxy

If you want a Dynamo there are two possible ways to find one. The first was build a medium Junkyard and scavange medium Junk or find a metal Detector and enough Batteries and search for metal. When you have found a Bicycle You need the Bike Repair Manuel to dismantle the Bike. Now you should have a Dynamo. The charging Unit was really an "endgame" Item ... :D

Hmm maybe something like Generator on + Battery Charger + dead Battery = loaded Battery?

Thanks for your answer. It very useful for me.

To mod developer. But there is no information about this (search dynamo places) in manual DB at aggressivegaming.org. I think it should be compete it. Thank u for this great titanic (colossal) work. 

Guide to Charging Unit

Spoiler

If you plan to use many Batterys (Mining, Engineering, Metal Search etc) your first priority should be the Charging Unit to reload empty Batterys. This means you should first build a small Junkyard (because the Costs for it are very low). Now try to upgrade it fast you can (needs not much). This gives you the chance of finding a Dynamo with medium trash (Cost no Energy/Battery and have a chance from 1 to 24) if you have enough Batterys, or if you cant find a Dynamo in the Junkyard try the Metaldetector and the Metal Search Function (Chance 1 to 99 and needs Batterys) to find a "Junkbicycle". Now you need the Book "Bike Repair Manuel" to dismantle the Bike.

Part 2

The Steam Machine

The Steammachine is such an Item you will take a look and say first "hey easy to build" but if you dig a little bit deeper you will see a few Problems.

First try to get all "normal" Parts like the Campfire Kit the wood you need and all the other stuff you can get easy. I think even the Barrel should be no Problem (you can craft one). Ok now the Thermocouple. 

I think the main Problem when making a Thermocouple was the Wire. Making the Wire means you need a rolling mill this means you need a crank and this means you need a Anvil, an Smithy Hammer and the Mats. And you need Steel and steel can only get from a blast furnace so we must build a Blast Furnace too and a blast Furnace needs a Bellow. This means we must hunt some Animals to get some Leather so we must build a drying frame and the whole leatherworking stuff.

Now after we have make a blast furnace, a smelter, a kiln, a anvil and all the other stuff we search now in the mine (you should have build already one ;)  )

You need Nickel and Copper. Use the Blast Furnace to make some Constantan Ingots and use the rolling mill to make some wire from this.  Now you can make the Thermocouple Wire and the Thermocouple.

You should have now all items you need for a Steam machine.

Repeat all Steps because you need two Steam machines :P

The Charging Unit needs Steelbeams and Steelbeams can only made with a Steam Hammer so you must upgrade one Steam machine to a Steam Hammer.

But now after this Odyssee you can finaly build your Charging Unit.

I must say i really love this way. Its like an evolution of Technology.

Note: I wrote this Guide from my mind so dont worry if there are a few gaps but i think you can discover the rest of the recipe ;)

I hope I haven't bored you...
Continue...

Tactical headphones.

HR-01526-Thumbnail.jpg

In the game the character has the characteristic of hearing whereby he hears the sounds around and notices a zombie thus.

If you wear tactical headphones they will allow you to hear sounds at a great distance and as a consequence noticing the zombies, because there are characteristics of the deaf!
Especially indoors, when you can through the door to hear that there's someone in there! And be ready to attack!

Also in mod added a large number of explosive objects bombs, grenades, etc... in the explosion next, you can add a concussion effect when unprotected hearing. Tactical headphones dampen the sound and protect the ear if they exceed a certain Decibel level...

These headphones are used extensively by hunters during the hunting... ;)you Can do that with them will increase the likelihood of a successful stalking prey.
Of course it is necessary to provide an interesting recipe for making headphones from electronic components... for example the microphone from the phone + a set of electronic components + soldering iron + wire and solder, etc.

in addition, the headphones in the game are practically not used, except for electronic parts and for listening to the radio :( I think this is a good and a new use for them.
Hmm. Alternatively, this request can be converted, and to ORGM. For me - Hidrocraft but somehow nicer )

Glasses for vision.

The character has the option of myopia.
You can make the use of glasses for vision correction :)
Glasses for vision correction could also increase a bit the range and accuracy of aiming during shooting, and also give a bonus of gathering.

About night vision Device, I have to keep quiet ))))

Edited by Nebula

23 hours ago, Nebula said:

Glasses for vision.

The character has the option of myopia.
You can make the use of glasses for vision correction :)
Glasses for vision correction could also increase a bit the range and accuracy of aiming during shooting, and also give a bonus of gathering.

I have wanted to have Glasses cancel out Short Sighted and Hearing Aids cancel out Hard of Hearing traits. The problem is i do not know how to take away traits.

@Hydromancerx I have toyed around with the traits before so I can see if I can find something for you to work with. May I barrow the items in question from the mod?

I might be new to modding but I did got a new Profession to work for me, complete with starting items/recipes. 

40 minutes ago, Lobochi said:

@Hydromancerx I have toyed around with the traits before so I can see if I can find something for you to work with. May I barrow the items in question from the mod?

I might be new to modding but I did got a new Profession to work for me, complete with starting items/recipes. 

Which did you have in mind?