Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hello! I have that problem with hydrocraft and PZ x1 textures setting, when hydrocraft objects are displayed at x2 scale.

I can convert textures to 50% scale so their display size is normal. Tested some. Things are normal size, but there is a certain issue.

Take Item_HCBarrelblue.png(65x100) and Item_HCBarrelbluecorpse.png(35x59), the latter converted to 50% looks ugly.

Well, those texture sizes are different(roughly x2), but their display size is equal, so display size doesn't depend on the texture size, which leads me to the conclusion, that there should be some option in hydrocraft files, that controls that display size or, maybe, some mapping... Which I could not find.

Any clues?

Edited by ptvschkn

Hello.

Could you please help me to find out the reason why game (40.43) is not started when I add the Hydrocraft Mod? Game is started without mod,  moreover when I enable mod from Menu - I can play game. But if I start a game with prevously enabled Hydrocraft mod - I see only black screen instead of Menu.

I have 2 versions (Steam and GOG), tried Hydrocraft Mod 11 and 10.5b, changed languages from English to Russian and vice versa - without any result. I attached the log from Steam version - maybe it will help.

Thank you in advance!

log.txt

Hello! I have that problem with hydrocraft and PZ x1 textures setting, when hydrocraft objects are displayed at x2 scale.

I can convert textures to 50% scale so their display size is normal. Tested some. Things are normal size, but there is a certain issue.

Take Item_HCBarrelblue.png(65x100) and Item_HCBarrelbluecorpse.png(35x59), the latter converted to 50% looks ugly.

Well, those texture sizes are different(roughly x2), but their display size is equal, so display size doesn't depend on the texture size, which leads me to the conclusion, that there should be some option in hydrocraft files, that controls that display size or, maybe, some mapping... Which I could not find.

Any clues?

Oh jeez, it's stupid. Display size does depend on texture size, since downscaling worked. But how is it so, that a 65x100 texture and a 35x59 are scaled to the same size on screen?

-----

BenediktSIMF, does alttabbing away and back help? I get black screen sometimes, when exiting to main menu.

Edited by ptvschkn

9 hours ago, ptvschkn said:

BenediktSIMF, does alttabbing away and back help? I get black screen sometimes, when exiting to main menu.

Hello.

Nope, when I pressed left-button mouse in black screen just several records were added to the log.

1564141082638 Loading: media/lua/shared/Sandbox/Survival.lua
COMMAND QUEUE stallCount = 0 peakUsage = 224
1564141184915 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
MOD: Looking for 2x texture packs
MOD: 2x version of Farmoid not found. Loading default.
MOD: Looking for 2x texture packs
MOD: 2x version of Farmoid not found. Loading default.

Hey,

Although the art is not fully update to 2x art yet, the next update will bring down the size of a lot of stuff so that it looks better with 2x textures enabled.

As for the log showing « Farmoid » 2x textures found, those are not errors and simply warn that the Farmoid mod textures included are not 2x, game defaults back to 1x in this case

3 hours ago, Thegeorgegman said:

I have problem with this mod. It's crashing the game. any help to run this mode?

I got this error

image.thumb.png.6b98ac00f638b88a8730caabf850cc22.png

You have wrong version of mod installed. Remove the mod completely. Then re-join the server so the game will download the correct version of Hydrocraft.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I wanted to report a weird behaviour from the solar generator.

I know if leaving the area will make it go off, also, that it turns off when i quit the game and reload.

i m using a standard generator to go around this problem.

today, i had Something new. When i loaded the game, the solar generator could not be unplugged, nor moved, Grabbed, as it showed "plugged in"

tried multiple things (leaving area, unplugging / plugging the standard generator) Nothing worked

So i took my battery array and made a second solar generator. This new one worked, i could plug in.

Later on and i dont really know what did the trick, SolarGen 1 allowed me to unplug it and grab it. so i stored it for another safe house maybe. 

did quit the game later, loaded…. ah. Solar Gen 2 does not want to be plugged off. So i took solar gen 1 that…. cannot be plugged in. 

Standard generator works. tried to unplug/replug etc.…. Both Solar Gen wont allow interaction. #1 wont move (weight 10.000 as it is plugged in), #2 wont display "connect" sub menu, i can put it on the floor, grab it, and… that is all.

i dont really see what happened the first time to "free" the stuck solar gen. will try various things but i did quite some tests already, Moving standard generator around, etc. no luck.

Did anyone encounter the same problem and managed to find a way to get the action menu back ?

Except this… slightly uncomfortable bug, everything works great :) very nice work on the mod, really, it is complex, full of details, a lot of hours well spent on coding, thank you a lot for this.

Edit : One of the floors i built on top of the Warehouse roof had one unfinished wall (wanted to make a door, didnt do it and forgot) which "broke" the structure zomboidally speaking.

with the 4 Walls of the 2nd floor connected, i could manage to unplug the solar generator (that was on the 3rd floor's roof)

now that i look at the whole picture the behaviour was kind of logical. (even though it s really scary being unable to unplug / move a generator)

Edit 2 : i might deserve a medal or a certificate on this one. i realized, as the "bug" happened again, that i had no screwdriver in my bag. maybe i should sleep more and play less.

Edited by FloLePanda
o m g

• 2 weeks later...

Hydrocraft v.11.1 has been released!

Which includes...

LUA Changes

- Added Hemp to Potted Planting
- Added Beer Can Packs, Jello Mold, Large Can of Coffee, Alcoholic Beverages Cookbook, Coffee Filter Box to Item Distribution
- Increased Baking Tray, Electric Clamp, Coffee Filter spawn rate
- Fixed Honey Barrel not turning into Mead Barrel
- Juices can now only be made with Fresh fruits
- Reduced MRE Spawn and will give less MREs per box
- Fixed Cougar Hunting
- Small changes to farming code that will (hopefully) resolve rare cases of Hydrocraft crops breaking on server crash
- Removed remaining HCTireiron associations

Added/Changed/Removed Recipes

- Bar/Drinks Overhaul - Need to read the Alcoholic Beverages Cookbook to learn recipes
- Rework of Irish Coffee recipes - now uses a Glass of Whiskey instead of whole bottle and does not use whole coffee recipient anymore
- Coffee Overhaul - New Large Can of Coffee item, can make Kettle of Coffee and pour into cups
- Renamed "Regular" Coffee (Coffee2) to Instant Coffee - Can make Instant Coffee directly with a Cup of Water
- Changed Katana sound - same sound as swords
- Increased Whipped Cream Can to 50 hunger
- Can now boil water in Canteens/Birch Bark cup
- Adjusted weight of Cookie Bags
- Making Gunpowder and base game bullets now require Gunsmithing Book
- Added nutritional value to Classic Canned Soup
- Added "Empty" Container for food recipes
- Added Chocolate and Vanilla pudding recipes
- Added Pipe recipes with Pipe molds
- Added Make Metal Bar recipes
- Added Bar Mold item & recipe
- Added Craftable Windows & Windshields
- Added Empty Ink Well & Ink Well recipes along with the recycle recipe
- Added Quill item & recipe & icon
- Added Recycle Aluminum (Empty Propane Tank) recipe
- Added All Pallet of Ingots - Pack / Unpack recipes
- Added dismantle recipe for Iron & Steel Pulleys
- Added Recycle Recipes from Iron Wheel & Steel Wheel
- Added Scrap Aluminum & Scrap Plastic & Scrap Rubber and respective recycle recipes
- Added Dismantling for Scissor Lift, Fork Lift, Van de Graff, SteplAddeder and Copy Machine
- Added Copy Machine with Generator item & recipe / Added Return Generator from Copy Machine with Generator recipe
- Added Brass Sheet & Brass Scrap and its respective craft and recycle recipes
- Added Rubber Belt item & recycle recipe
- Added Pallets of Steel Sheet, Copper Sheet, Rubber Sheet, Tin Sheet, Iron Sheet, Metal Bars, Aluminum Pipes items and their respective recipes
- Added Dismantling for Pallet Truck, Toy Wagon, Hand Dolly, Shopping Cart, Push Cart, Glove Box, Lawn Mower, Radiator, Projector, Bed Strings
- Added Coffee Filter Box
- Added Custom Smoking Sound (Thanks jiggawutt!)
- Removed PVC pipes to steel recipe
- Removed "Cut Steel Pipes" book recipes
- Removed 2 old recipes in Welding Textbook (Construct Barricades)
- Removed Hot Cuppa recipes and items (replaced by new Coffees)

Fixed Recipes

- Fixed Jar Homemade Yogurt Recipe
- Fixed Empty Baking Tray Recipe (Wrong name for Baking Tray with Fruit)
- Fixed Make Homemade Pancake Batter Recipe
- Fixed sounds when breaking Wood/Metal items (knives etc.)
- Fixed Grits and Cheesy Grits "Make bowl" recipe
- Fixed Juice packet not being used when Mixing MRE drink
- Fixed SmithingMag4 not returning correct magazine after reading
- Fixed Typo in Boredom value of HCMREmeal and HCMREmealside

Art Changes

- Added 2x Chicken Coop
- Added 2x Chicken Coop
- Added 2x Gardening Bench
- Added 2x Oil Press
- Added 2x Dissection Table
- Added 2x Grind Stone
- Added 2x Stonewheel
- Added Homemade, Chocolate Chip Cookie, White Chocolate Cookie Trays
- Fixed size of Workbenches, MRE Pallets and various other textures
- Fixed broken icon on Empty Evaporated Milk - Also properly named
- Renamed Pies, Pumpkin Bread icons to change state properly when Cooked

Tested bug reports - No issues found (build 40.43)

- Problems with bullets boxes - Hydrocraft add recipes to make boxes of 9mm, .223, .308 and shotgun bullets - recipe to open the boxes are included in base game

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Nebula said:
Captain obvious

Why complain that a mod broke your game then? Unless you're using build 40 still and the update has somehow affected that build? 

No need for the hostilities. Try explaining your situation a bit better and you might get an answer that can actually help you. xXx

Edited by ilikecaterpillars

1 minute ago, ilikecaterpillars said:

Why complain that a mod broke your game then? Unless you're using build 40 still and the update has somehow affected that build? 

No need for the hostilities. Try explaining your situation a bit better and you might get an answer that can help you. xXx

I somehow informed Hydro that the mod was causing a problem in build 41 with a bonfire. No more.

1 minute ago, Nebula said:

I somehow informed Hydro that the mod was causing a problem in build 41 with a bonfire. No more.

That's fine. It just sounded like you had a problem with using the mod on build 41, by the way you worded it, so I was just trying to help you out. You'd be surprised how many people seem to think all the mods work on the current build. xXx

Hydrocraft seems to be a pretty damn awesome mod! 

Wondering what progress is for build 41?

Using Hydrocraft broke some weapons and some weapons like machete is obviously invisible, hopefully it wont take ages until hydrocraft gets updated ^^

Hello everyone!

Just dropping to reassure everybody that Hydrocraft will be updated to Build 41 :)

Just keep in mind that Hydrocraft never supported IWBUMS and always released on Stable builds of Project Zomboid.

There will be periodic "beta" releases on the GitHub page for those who want to try the mod before it is released on Steam as we need all the help we can get during the development :)

https://github.com/DemolitionDerby/Hydrocraft

If anyone knows how to make 3D Models/textures, we are always on the look-out for more people to assist us!

As always, you can PM me or Hydromancerx if you would like to join the team :D

Edited by DemolitionDerby

Hey! Love the mod, but have a question. On an online session that's been going on for several months, a character of mine recently died. The previous character was able to use a "Mine hole" to dig for materials. He simply had to have the tools (a pickaxe, for instance) in his inventory. I could right click the mine hole item and a context option for mining would appear. On a new character, however, I do not have this option.  My friends' characters all still do have the option.

My skill/trait loadout is different but I don't believe any of the different skills should have affected the new guy's ability to mine.  What am I missing?  Is it a book I need to read?  Has anyone else experienced this?

Glad to hear that an update for IWBUMS 41 is going to occur!  One thing I'd like to suggest while you guys attempt to update for IWBUMS 41 is to tie in the spawn rate of the added items to match the settings for the vanilla items.  I remember that things were very easy to find even though the settings were all to rare.  I would find likes of the Hydro items but very little vanilla items.  Everything else I could suggest I'm sure is already in the works, like adding the armor items into the clothing system now that the game has armor ratings.

Edited by Tilarium

Hello everyone!

We are currently looking for a few dedicated and active people that would like to test Hydrocraft and report bugs a bit closer with us!

So if there is anyone who would like to participate, this will surely help the development of the Build 41 version a ton! We will also send an invite to our Discord server to make communication easier!

Now on to the good news.

The "Beta 1" version of Hydrocraft for Build 41 is currently available!

Beta versions are to be considered "IWBUMS" so there could be game breaking issues and require some games to be restarted.

So for anyone who wants to play Hydrocraft until it is considered to be stable enough to be released publicly, there will be periodic releases there once in a while.

It would be really appreciated if bug reports would be done on GitHub but any other channel will still be considered :) Thanks!!

The Beta 1 can be downloaded right here:

https://github.com/DemolitionDerby/Hydrocraft/releases

Again and lastly, if anyone would like to hunt bugs to help us with the mod, please send Hydromancerx or myself a quick PM and I will send the link to our Discord server!

Enjoy! And thanks to everyone who helped!

Edited by DemolitionDerby

• 4 months later...

Hello! I have some problem with this mod I think, it's about farming. When I plant some seeds of anything, potato, broccolis, carrot, it's just growing too fast, in a hour or less (in game), can I change this to the default of PZ? or where do I change the value like days to grow or something like this? 

I loved this mod and all that comes with it, I think it's the most essential mod to make PZ greater than it is, but i'm having this issue with the farm being too fast, if there is a link to solve it, just give me and i'll read and try to fix it, or if you can tell what I can edit, I will really apreciate!

On 4/1/2020 at 1:49 PM, Lord Stranker said:

Hello! I have some problem with this mod I think, it's about farming. When I plant some seeds of anything, potato, broccolis, carrot, it's just growing too fast, in a hour or less (in game), can I change this to the default of PZ? or where do I change the value like days to grow or something like this? 

I loved this mod and all that comes with it, I think it's the most essential mod to make PZ greater than it is, but i'm having this issue with the farm being too fast, if there is a link to solve it, just give me and i'll read and try to fix it, or if you can tell what I can edit, I will really apreciate!

So, I'm running into the exact opposite issue. I'll spend over a month in game, and crops won't leave their Seedling stage. We have tried changing the Farming setting from 3 to 2, and it didn't change anything.