Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

• 2 weeks later...

I read above that you said that you only update for the public releases. NP I can imagine that trying to update each time the beta changes something would be a PITA.

So my questions. I just installed on my work machine which is very low in power so I am using a pre-vehicle build to play. When it comes out of beta vehicle build will we still have an option to be able to use Hydrocraft since once you start updating it to the new release it will change many things that would not be backwards compatible. So going forward will there be an option to use Hydrocraft on the older release or will it just be broken for the older builds.

If you make separate Hydrocraft builds would you be wiling to do many of the update/bug fixes on the pre-vehicle build as well.

I noticed the new clothing items that were added into the base game weren't spawning (unless I'm really unlucky with common spawn rates), and the base game clothes have no insulation value (hydrocraft ones do though), might be another mod I have but Hydrocraft is the only really game changing one that would affect something like this

1 hour ago, Jason132 said:

I noticed the new clothing items that were added into the base game weren't spawning (unless I'm really unlucky with common spawn rates), and the base game clothes have no insulation value (hydrocraft ones do though), might be another mod I have but Hydrocraft is the only really game changing one that would affect something like this

Make sure its a new game and Hydrocraft updated. Cause in my test the HC clothing seem to work fine with the new insulation system. They show show the little insulation bar on them.

Nevermind, after about an hour of testing various mods I found the culprit. The "reduced plank and logs weight" mod broke insulation and clothing spawns since it modified the base game's item lists with very outdated ones. Hydrocraft works fine :)

Hi all, first off all want to thank you for a great mod. Have some bugs, hunting tab (from hydro) doesn`t working, switching to common hunting tab PZ, also can`t find electic clams. BTW PZ ver. 40.3 Hydro 10.5 b.

p.s. 39.67.5 hunting tab working correct, maybe some issue with translate (russian), but still can`t find electic clamps, will try to looking for in eletric shop

Edited by Roskol

17 minutes ago, Alreth said:

Looks like a great mod, yet it's such a shame there's no download mirror for no-steam users. Is there any chance to provide download options for gog players in the future?

I was like "What are you talking about it is on the front page."

Your right, there is no other way to download.

7 minutes ago, nickodemos said:

I was like "What are you talking about it is on the front page."

Your right, there is no other way to download.

Well, yeah, I was surprised when I realised it's only available on steam workshop. Thought such a popular mod will have alternative download links.

Yo big H. 
Didn't find anyone else reporting this bug so here you go:
Used the recipe "Cut steel pipe". Gave me Plastic Pipe instead of Metal pipe, thought that's to do with how Zomboid recently reworked their items. 
The old "Pipe" item is now "Plastic Pipe". Can you change all references to "Pipe" to the new "Metal Pipe", and rework your existing "PVC Pipe" recipes to be replaced by base game Plastic Pipe?
Thank you for your time, and for your continued efforts.

Edited by Nope
Extra realization regarding base item changes

23 hours ago, Alreth said:

Well, yeah, I was surprised when I realised it's only available on steam workshop. Thought such a popular mod will have alternative download links.

I don't understand this choice either. I for one never liked using Steam because they force their users to keep the application 'On' even when there is no need. I stopped using it completely when I had to enter a password they sent to my mail every time I logged in (some kind of safety I guess).

Anyway, this mod is great and being unable to use it sucks badly.

One thing I'd like to know though, does anyone know if the author allow alternative links?

Curious, why are things like smelters/benches/ladders/etc not considered physical world props and instead defined as 'items'? I've had nothing but overlapping issues with the sprites due to their definition of being items instead of constructs, plus the lack of collision and inability of proper placement functions leaves players with a lacking experience of comprehension and consistency in the game.

Plus It makes them feel just entirely tacked on and unpolished. We can pick up crates and place them as physical objects in the world, why can't these be crafted as place-able objects?

4 hours ago, Lovely said:

Curious, why are things like smelters/benches/ladders/etc not considered physical world props and instead defined as 'items'? I've had nothing but overlapping issues with the sprites due to their definition of being items instead of constructs, plus the lack of collision and inability of proper placement functions leaves players with a lacking experience of comprehension and consistency in the game.

Plus It makes them feel just entirely tacked on and unpolished. We can pick up crates and place them as physical objects in the world, why can't these be crafted as place-able objects?

For the last 3-4 years of Hydrocraft and the game  it was a pain in the ass to make items world props.  I think the latest build made it easier to do that.  So you might see that change, if someone is keen to do it for Hydro.

3 hours ago, Zombie#24 said:

For the last 3-4 years of Hydrocraft and the game  it was a pain in the ass to make items world props.  I think the latest build made it easier to do that.  So you might see that change, if someone is keen to do it for Hydro.

I see. What recent change made it easier to turn items into world props?

Pots of Mash are bugged.  I can only test it in multiplayer, but it happens every time.  Tried with pot of honey brew and now potato mash.  I made the mash, put it in the oven, and waited until it cooks and turns into pot of heated mash.  When I grab it or try to move it to another inventory, it disappears, and remains disappeared until I log off and log back in, at which point it is back in the oven, in its uncooked / unheated state.  I also tried being right next to the oven with my barrel so I didn't have to move the heated mash much, clicked "Fill barrel with mash" and the pots were grabbed, but then the recipe stops, and the pots have disappeared.