Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

11 hours ago, Yurameki said:

Have used this mod in the past very successfully. However I have the current version on a dedicated server, and it isn't working properly.

Despite having all items available for several recipes, they can't be crafted. I can provide screen shots, and have crafted them before in other play throughs with HC. Speciifically the Punching Bag Stands, the Upgrade Mine with those same stands (if I manually spawn them since I cannot make them). There were a few others, but I cannot recall which they were and didn't make note of them at the time.

Powered metal detector has no uses, cannot be used to "search for metal" as per previous iterations of the mod and as per it's wiki page.

Will update with screenshots upon request. Thanks.

Augers haven't been found, though hundreds of appropriate spawn locations were checked.

Do you have Metalworking skill of 2 or better?

Remove the dead battery from the metal detector and give it a new battery.

Also you may want to un-subscribe and re-subscribe to the mod. There may be some downloading bugs going on.

And yes screenshots would help.

Edited by Hydromancerx

6 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Also you may want to un-subscribe and re-subscribe to the mod. There may be some downloading bugs going on.

Metalworking skill of 4 in fact. I'll give that a try, hopefully it's a client problem and not a serer problem.

Also the battery I shoved in it was brand new and the condition bar of the powered metal detector is full.

I'll re-download and then try to get some screens for you if it persists.

On a happier note this is my favourite mod, thank you so very much for your hard work.

7 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Alright, here's a screenshot of the mine issue as an example. I can only upload one ... so here's a link to the second...  https://imgur.com/a/covE2Qg

zomboidhydro1.png

1. Do you use any other mods besides Hydrocraft?

2. Do you have Work Gloves?

Yes, a few, ones that may somehow interact would be armormod, silvercraft, yurcarts, canned food fix, wedges hydrocraft weaks, which I believe is just naming stuff...but suddenly I wonder. 

And yes, I am currently wearing work gloves as armor in fact, but I also removed them, dropped them, picked them back up, tried a different pair, etc.

Edit:

After checking, Wedges does this:

Current tweaks include:
- Disinfectant has more uses and can be used to disinfect more bandages or rags.
- Paint buckets and plaster have more uses.
- Bottles of Disinfectant and Cooking Oil become Clean Empty Bottles when depleted.
- Metal detector has more uses and can be "adapted" to use normal Battery items (instead of Medium Batteries).
- Crafted with aluminum; either two rubberbands or a piece of duct tape; and wire, electric wire, or copper wire.
- Laboratory can be crafted using a test tube rack with test tubes with rubber bungs instead of with corks.

So it could be interfering, though only one of these things is one I've had an issue with so far.

Also, I've found that some players are having jars/food + jar disappear when attempting to jar food. 

Edited by Yurameki
more info

"wedges hydrocraft weaks"

Well thats's your problem. please remove that mod. Then it should work.

That mod is obsolete and I added most of the tweaks anyways.

Well shoot, thanks! I'll give that a try and hope it solves my issues. I'll let you know if anything persists.

So it turned out both wedges and armor mod were a problem (and outdated and I did not realize). Removing them from the server was pretty catastrophic as I had to reinstall hydrocraft and the server apparently only downloads them on first boot...so it booted without HC and a ton of items just vanished from the world ... good times.

That'll teach me to check what's out of date!

43 minutes ago, Yurameki said:

So it turned out both wedges and armor mod were a problem (and outdated and I did not realize). Removing them from the server was pretty catastrophic as I had to reinstall hydrocraft and the server apparently only downloads them on first boot...so it booted without HC and a ton of items just vanished from the world ... good times.

That'll teach me to check what's out of date!

Yeah the armor mod is already included in Hydrocraft.

8 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Yeah the armor mod is already included in Hydrocraft.

Yea, I saw that after reviewing it. The way I figured it out was the work gloves comment you made. I tried with them in various ways, then tried to spawn a new pair, but Hydrocraft.HCWorkgloves didn't exist...and I knew that had to be the key. So I checked armor, saw it was not upkept and was absorbed and disabled it, and then it worked. Thanks so much!

On 6/30/2018 at 2:57 AM, Hydromancerx said:

Hydrocraft v10.4b has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Packs of Cigs

- Fixed Tin Fishhook

- Fixed Ramens

- Added Advanced Plant Mod (should not need watering anymore. Needs testing)

- Fixed Pudding Cup Art

- Fixed Sleeping Bags and Tent Sleeping

- Fixed Solar Generator (needs MP testing)

- Can Brush Teeth

- Added 3 Type of Bags of Cookies

- Added 2 Milk Jugs

- Added Evaporated Milk

- Added Slippers and Bunny Slippers

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

Hello, I did some light testing with the generator and I can say that the cell issue is still an issue. 

I tested by hosting a server with only hydrocraft on it.  I also made sure I was on the latest version.  I was also the only player.

I enabled admin mode, then ran out into the middle of the forest.  I then used console commands to create and plug in the solar generator and place a hydrocraft lamp.

I then turned the lamp on and ran out of the cell, then ran back, and the generator was off and I had to replug.

I then went into town and placed the generator outside a building and turned on it's built in lights.

After running back out and in, the lights were no longer powered by the solar generator.

I then repeated the city test while using a regular generator, and the regular generator worked.  I was able to leave the cell and come back with the lights on.

I hope this helps.

@Hydromancerx thank you for the Mod, I have a question: Using this mod will it over right sandbox settings if loot is set to extremely rare?  I'm not sure if it's the mod or the vanilla game in general when I go to a hardware/food store it's a buffet of endless items to grab even though I set loot to extremely rare.  I wanted to get your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Surviving Moustache said:

@Hydromancerx thank you for the Mod, I have a question: Using this mod will it over right sandbox settings if loot is set to extremely rare?  I'm not sure if it's the mod or the vanilla game in general when I go to a hardware/food store it's a buffet of endless items to grab even though I set loot to extremely rare.  I wanted to get your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

The less loot you put the better since even though Hydrocraft loot is set to low spawning there is just so many items so you are bound to get a bunch anyways. Also i highly recommend you don't set loot respawn. Since liek you said a lot get s spawned in the first place even with extremely rare.

So Hydromancer, in the vanilla recipes the only way to make a "Metal Bar" the type used for welding windows, is with workable iron...this substance doesn't exist in the game. Is there some reason you didn't make a way to make it in Hydrocraft?

I got a problem with mining hats. Some times if I use them with mining machine the get stuck in this non charged state that says its charged so I cant change battery or do anything else with them...

pzh.jpg

2 hours ago, Jaina said:

I got a problem with mining hats. Some times if I use them with mining machine the get stuck in this non charged state that says its charged so I cant change battery or do anything else with them...

I keep necro on just for stuff like that

also wtf is a Blooo?

screenshot_08-07-2018_21-18-24.png

3 hours ago, Jaina said:

pzh.jpg

Drainable items such as the Mining Helmet, Ingot Molds, Bags of Charcoal, etc will glitch of you leave them on the floor when crafting. So make sure you pick up all your drianable items when doing recipes with them. In short that is broken now and should be deleted.

1 hour ago, Minnigin said:

I keep necro on just for stuff like that

also wtf is a Blooo?

screenshot_08-07-2018_21-18-24.png

"Bloo" is what happens when there is a broken item. It is not on your end by on my end. I had Ian make some new items so one of those new items might be a "bloo" item. If it's found in a counter it must be a kitchen item. I will have to see which one it is nd fix it for the next update. Thanks for reporting.

Hey i got two things to report, one, when hydrocraft is enabled the vanilla method to craft small metal sheets is disabled in favor of the hydrocraft small metal sheets, which are useless for metalworking. Another thing, what skills determine that rate of success to break a locked safe. Thanks!

Edited by Harperers

23 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Drainable items such as the Mining Helmet, Ingot Molds, Bags of Charcoal, etc will glitch of you leave them on the floor when crafting. So make sure you pick up all your drianable items when doing recipes with them. In short that is broken now and should be deleted.

Is there any reason that t he mining hats can't still be armour like the hat they were made from, so we could have an armoured light shedding hat?

23 hours ago, Harperers said:

Hey i got two things to report, one, when hydrocraft is enabled the vanilla method to craft small metal sheets is disabled in favor of the hydrocraft small metal sheets, which are useless for metalworking. Another thing, what skills determine that rate of success to break a locked safe. Thanks!

This was done on purpose to use the Hydrocraft methods of metalworking.

15 hours ago, Yurameki said:

Is there any reason that t he mining hats can't still be armour like the hat they were made from, so we could have an armoured light shedding hat?

Yes because they are a drainable item. And as such they cannot be armor since armor items have a durability. Also there is currently no way to have items emit light unless you equip them equipped on ther primary or secondary slots.

Edited by Hydromancerx