Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hi,

first of all - supercool mod which adds a ton of content and fun, thanks!

However since installing I fail to cut trees; rightclick does not show "cut tree" and in the crafting menue only the axe is registered, but none of the trees around me are registered. So the icon stays grey..

What am I missing, already tried switching the language from ger to eng but that did not help. The recipes for 3 different trees are known to me and without mod its working fine

@Hydro Just wanted to confirm that potted plants are now working in SP, at least for strawberries and cabbages. Will do additional testing including other plant types but they are finally progressing to the normal size/ready stages.

Haven't checked yet but did you fix weapon repair? I don't mean the bug where you cannot repair weapons with hydrocraft repair items. There is a bug where if you repair a weapon say with wood glue (or some other vanilla repair material) the weapon's durability stays the same. The weapon UI says it's been repaired (count increases and green bar increases) but when you actually use the weapon the durability is the original durability before the repair. Doesn't happen all the time but happens a lot of the time especially when repairing axes.

I found a bunch of other minor issues but I'll wait till things settle down with the major issues first.

Just a FYI, converting vanilla car batteries to 'battery with clamps' was *very* clever! I just hope there are enough clamp cables in world (perhaps we an make those in the future?). Also, being able to recycle car parts/tools was a fantastic idea as well.

18 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Which tool are you using? Survival axes and such need you to "attack" the tree to cut them down.

I was using a makeshift axe. Attacking does the trick, thanks!

On 6/19/2018 at 8:52 PM, PPanda0421 said:

There is a bug where if you repair a weapon say with wood glue (or some other vanilla repair material) the weapon's durability stays the same. The weapon UI says it's been repaired (count increases and green bar increases) but when you actually use the weapon the durability is the original durability before the repair. Doesn't happen all the time but happens a lot of the time especially when repairing axes.

That's not a bug. There's a % Chance that an item will be repaired but it's not 100%, and the chances go down with repeated repairs so that everything will eventually break.

Edited by Krutchen

4 minutes ago, Krutchen said:

That's not a bug. There's a % Chance that an item will be repaired but it's not 100%, and the chances go down with repeated repairs so that everything will eventually break.

First, I don't think you understand what I mean. Yes according to the UI you have a 50% chance to repair for wood glue on a weapon the first time you repair it and it goes down after each time.

However repair chance also depends on your carpentry skill (and other things according to the wiki) and my carpentry is at level 10. So I'm sure the 50% repair chance is part of the repair calculation.

Second the issue is the UI shows  fake success even though the repair failed. Perhaps it is a vanilla bug where the UI shows a successful repair by increasing the durability on screen even if you failed to repair the weapon.

Last I know Hydro made changes to repairing items including allowing items to be repaired using his materials. Perhaps that changed bugged out weapon repair in general.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:13 AM, Hydromancerx said:

Releasing a patch ...

Hydrocraft v10.3b has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed repair axe with HC items

- Added Wild Carrot and Crabapple

- Added Dead Dogs and Cats

- Fixed Junkyard and Metal Detector (I hope)

- Fixed Hungry Dogs and other timed stuff that was not suppose to be in the last update.

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

I tested the small junkcard and the metal detector yesterday - I get only empty garbage bags when I "search junk" and nothing (except an empty battery) when I "search for metal".

And there is still an error reported in the console logs:

SEVERE: Error found in LUA file: steamapps/workshop/content/108600/498441420/mods/Hydrocraft/media/lua/server/JunkyardExtra.lua
se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaException: JunkyardExtra.lua:418: 'then' expected near `the`

rgds

Edited by Ixolan

Hydrocraft v10.4 has been released!

Which includes ...

- More fixes for repairing base items

- Added More Mech req recipes.

- Fixed Shuck Corn

- Fixed Fishhooks

- Added Many Jellos

- Added Pudding Packs

- Added More Bread

- Added More Cigs

- Added Snack Tarts

- Added 4 Garden Tools

- Added Florescent LightBulbs

- Added Clothing Hamper

- Added Electrical Tape

- Added 6 PC Games

- Added 3 board Games and 1 Card Game

- Added Bunch of new Magazines

- Added Packs of Batteries

- Added Packs of Tape and Glue

- Added Pack of Trash Bags

- Added 14 New Canned Foods

- Added 4 New Ramens

- Added New Sodapop

- Added Ticket to Midway Island

- Added Random box of Canned Foods

- Added Flats of Ramen

- Added many more Trash Items

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx

Hi,

the packing/unpacking zigarttes is currently buggged.

If you unpack zigarettes you will get only 1 zigarette back - rest is lost.

rgds

Info: metal detector works again

Edited by Ixolan
added info

The new cigarette packs don't seem to work as intended, unpacking them only gives 1 cigarette instead of 20. When I change the amount it gives from anything other than 1 then the amount multiplies by 20 but for some reason it wont just multiply 1x20 for 20, it just literally gives one but anything else works.

item Fishhooktin
    {
        Type        =    Normal,
        DisplayName    =    Tin Fishhook,
        Icon        =    HCFishhooktitanium,
        Weight        =    0.01,
    }

Error
Need Name it HCFishhooktin

All recipes use that name

Lost Item:

1529841128566 ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCWhippedcreamcan" in recipe "Make Apple Jello Dessert"
1529841128576 ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCRamenchickenflavor" in recipe "Prepare Chicken Ramen in Bowl"
1529841128576 ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCRamenbeefflavor" in recipe "Prepare Beef Ramen in Bowl"
1529841128576 ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCRamenshrimpflavor" in recipe "Prepare Shrimp Ramen in Bowl"
1529841128576 ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCRamencheeseflavor" in recipe "Prepare Cheese Ramen in Bowl"

Unbox item result self item
recipe Unbox Chicken Ramen Flat
    {
        HCRamenchicken,
        Result:HCRamenchicken=8,
        OnCreate:recipe_unboxramenflat,
        Time:25.0,
        Category:Cooking,
    }

Maybe:
recipe Unbox Chicken Ramen Flat
    {
        HCRamenflatchicken,
        Result:HCRamenchicken=8,
    }

And same recipes fixes^
recipe Unbox Beef Ramen Flat
    {
        HCRamenflatbeef,
        Result:HCRamenbeef=8,
    }

recipe Unbox Shrimp Ramen Flat
    {
        HCRamenflatshrimp,
        Result:HCRamenshrimp=8,
    }

recipe Unbox Cheese Ramen Flat
    {
        HCRamenflatcheese,
        Result:HCRamencheese=8,
    }

6 minutes ago, KinaUndead said:

Would it be possible to reintroduce the ability to cool foods on the go using ice chests and coolers along with the cold packs? I know once upon the time it was a feature but it seems to have long lost it's ability.

If we ever figure out how to fix the coolers we will add that feature back in.

10 hours ago, DrunkDwarf said:

Are there any plans to make Solar Generators work on multiplayer? at the moment they do not sync their state at all.

Well they sortta works when ...

A. No other generators are in the area.

B. The player is still in the cell.

So yeah until we figure out why, they are currently very buggy.

Bug Report

After the last update i have been getting the black screen when i start up the game. what i have to do to play the game is go into Steam and un-sub to the mod and remove it from the sub. restart the game and make sure the HydroCraft is gone from the mod menu. then quit the game and go back into steam and re-load the mod. then the game will start with the mod in the game. last i have to go into the Mod list and load HydroCraft. hope this is not just me but others are having this problem and will be looked into, Thanks 

Hydrocraft v10.4b has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Packs of Cigs

- Fixed Tin Fishhook

- Fixed Ramens

- Added Advanced Plant Mod (should not need watering anymore. Needs testing)

- Fixed Pudding Cup Art

- Fixed Sleeping Bags and Tent Sleeping

- Fixed Solar Generator (needs MP testing)

- Can Brush Teeth

- Added 3 Type of Bags of Cookies

- Added 2 Milk Jugs

- Added Evaporated Milk

- Added Slippers and Bunny Slippers

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx

15 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Hydrocraft v10.4b has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Packs of Cigs

- Fixed Tin Fishhook

- Fixed Ramens

- Added Advanced Plant Mod (should not need watering anymore. Needs testing)

- Fixed Pudding Cup Art

- Fixed Sleeping Bags and Tent Sleeping

- Fixed Solar Generator (needs MP testing)

- Can Brush Teeth

- Added 3 Type of Bags of Cookies

- Added 2 Milk Jugs

- Added Evaporated Milk

- Added Slippers and Bunny Slippers

Enjoy!

@Hydro. I did some tests on SP. The new changes to potted plants are working, at least for strawberries, cabbages and tomatoes. This is a welcome change now that we don't have to micromanage them all the time. Sleeping bags and Dome Tents are also working indoors and outdoors, though I haven't tested them outdoors while it is raining.

As for Solar Generator. In SP you still need to make sure no other vanilla generators are in the area. If vanilla generators are in the area, the solar generator will stop working (eg no power) if you either leave the area and come back OR if you leave/reload the game.

If no other vanilla generators are in the area they work normally. I don't have another solar generator so I can't test what happens if you have multiple solar generators in the area. Speaking of solar generators, I think you should make electric clamps (that one used to create the HC battery with clamps) craftable. How about have a level 6+ electronics requirement to make the clamps.

I have a bunch of other minor bugs which I'll list later. One thing that's bothering me is the time on some actions. Some minor actions like 'Shuck Corn', 'Soak/Dry Jute Stems',  takes 1000ms (10 min in game). I think it's overkill. When you plant/harvest some of these craps they drop 4-10 of them. It takes me 1 in-game hour to shuck 6 corn? I think the times in some of these actions (especially in Herbalism.txt) should be reduced.

Can we get the weed eater to work and clear more the one block of grass at a time?

Love to get new fire pit  so we dont burn our selves or maybe a barrel with fire.

Any for some of the traps like cage trap and crate trap.. any way to catch the animal alive? or give a chance to catch live animals.

It would be neat to have beach gear added in,  maybe big umbrellas,  picnic baskets, beach ball, .

Can we adjust the size of sheets? So it looks more like a sheet on the floor rather than a piece of paper?

That's all I can think of for now thanks for all your hard work!!

Have used this mod in the past very successfully. However I have the current version on a dedicated server, and it isn't working properly.

Despite having all items available for several recipes, they can't be crafted. I can provide screen shots, and have crafted them before in other play throughs with HC. Speciifically the Punching Bag Stands, the Upgrade Mine with those same stands (if I manually spawn them since I cannot make them). There were a few others, but I cannot recall which they were and didn't make note of them at the time.

Powered metal detector has no uses, cannot be used to "search for metal" as per previous iterations of the mod and as per it's wiki page.

Will update with screenshots upon request. Thanks.

Augers haven't been found, though hundreds of appropriate spawn locations were checked.