Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hydro,

I seem to have a problem launching the game with Hydrocraft enabled. 
Done some testing, Definitely Hydrocraft causing the issue. 
I can launch game with no mods, activate Hydrocraft in the mods menu and reload Lua with no issues, but cannot launch the game from either desktop, steam, or folder locations, forcing me to either deactivate Hydrocraft before I quit or removing it from the 'loaded' mods text file before launching. 
When launching it cuts out right after completing the controller input config. 

Can supply more info on request. 

(I should mention the game will run with no issues when Hydrocraft is loaded from the main menu).

-TG

Hydro, having issues with items on baking trays, honey, potato mush etc, once the item cools in inventory it vanishes and after a while reappears back where you cooked it. on a bbq returned back cooked, in generator powered oven went back to uncooked. also trying to make the gardening apron, it needed for level 1 farming item and is horrible in terms of resources needed, im currently level 10 foraging and still not found enough flax. Love the mod :D

I'd like to see a Hydrocraft-lite offshoot mod.

I like what Hydrocraft does in theory, but I feel it makes the game cluttered with huge numbers and variations of items. Most of which you can't really know the value of without stopping a lot to research, and even then most of the time it's just info on the item's stats and not what you actually do with it. I find myself spending a lot more time sifting through my inventory and storage. A lite version that drops out some of the fluff, like Christmas ornaments and paraphernalia and other filler and focuses more on that more interesting and useful crafting and survival aspects.

2 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

I'd like to see a Hydrocraft-lite offshoot mod.

I like what Hydrocraft does in theory, but I feel it makes the game cluttered with huge numbers and variations of items. Most of which you can't really know the value of without stopping a lot to research, and even then most of the time it's just info on the item's stats and not what you actually do with it. I find myself spending a lot more time sifting through my inventory and storage. A lite version that drops out some of the fluff, like Christmas ornaments and paraphernalia and other filler and focuses more on that more interesting and useful crafting and survival aspects.

There are a few problems with a "Hydrocraft Lite"...

1. Hydrocraft is so interconnected that unraveling it all from each other would be impossible. The more you would remove the more chance you would break something.

2. What would even go into a "lite" version of Hydrocraft? Hydrocraft is made up of many smaller mods as well as new stuff that merges them together. Thus in a way "lite" versions already exist with the individual mods that have been assimilated into Hydrocraft.

3. Time. The time putting just to make the mod is a lot of hard work from a lot of people. It would be so much more work to even attempt to take it apart. Also probably not fair to the original creators that their hard work would be cut.

4. It defeats the purpose of Hydrocraft. Half the fun is finding out things yourself. Getting all the parts you need to achieve that crafting recipe you have been working hard to get. Hydrocraft has a steep learning curve but the good part about Hydrocraft is you can dive as deep or a shallow as you want into the mod. You can play PZ as normal and craft nothing in Hydrocraft. Or you can learn how to use all the new stuff to make new things.

And yes even Christmas ornaments are used in crafting recipes.

Edited by Hydromancerx

Please fix the potted plant item for muliplayer server to next release

i tried keep watering them not tring to log out from server

however, after some times of watering it just became empty planter without dried phase

@Hydro, OK, potted plants for SP STILL IS NOT WORKING. I don't get it. We've had 2 or 3 updates since you've incorporated this feature into your mod and every time there is the same issue with it. Let me ask you this - is working for you? If it is then please tell us how you are making it work on your end? Which plants actually make to the (final) ready for harvest stage after watering them several times? I know some recipes require materials only available through potted plants so this issue is preventing players from progressing.

And yes when 10.2 came out, I planted cabbages in my planter and watered them for 4 days straight when they became dry. It never progressed to the next stage after being watered several times.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong? They're on the ground. When a potted plant becomes dry, I right-click it and water it. The potted plant appears in my inventory as a small potted plant. I place it back on the ground for the next watering.

At this point I think you should revert potted plants to way they were if you cannot figure out this issue. Perhaps have a timer like with the animals or increase the water/fertilizer requirements.

Let me ask other users. Did anyone get this to work with the default HC settings? (eg. not changing any code to make it work).

2 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

@Hydro, OK, potted plants for SP STILL IS NOT WORKING. I don't get it. We've had 2 or 3 updates since you've incorporated this feature into your mod and every time there is the same issue with it. Let me ask you this - is working for you? If it is then please tell us how you are making it work on your end? Which plants actually make to the (final) ready for harvest stage after watering them several times? I know some recipes require materials only available through potted plants so this issue is preventing players from progressing.

And yes when 10.2 came out, I planted cabbages in my planter and watered them for 4 days straight when they became dry. It never progressed to the next stage after being watered several times.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong? They're on the ground. When a potted plant becomes dry, I right-click it and water it. The potted plant appears in my inventory as a small potted plant. I place it back on the ground for the next watering.

At this point I think you should revert potted plants to way they were if you cannot figure out this issue. Perhaps have a timer like with the animals or increase the water/fertilizer requirements.

Let me ask other users. Did anyone get this to work with the default HC settings? (eg. not changing any code to make it work).

Well each update I get an update from Leliana. She made the changes to the potted plants. Different plants have different numbers of watering needed.

I am really trying to give her a chance with this since she says it works fine on her server.

36 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

Well each update I get an update from Leliana. She made the changes to the potted plants. Different plants have different numbers of watering needed.

I am really trying to give her a chance with this since she says it works fine on her server.

@Hydro I don't want to be that guy to tell you how to do your job but you accepted the responsibility when you included her mod in your mod. When she made any changes she should've tested her changes with your mod to make sure it works, and not just on her server. You in turn should have tested it yourself under various scenarios as well.

You've put a lot of work in your mod, don't ruin it by accepting buggy code. Sorry if that sounded harsh to Leliana but after 3 updates and quite a few complaints here and on the steam forums that's how I see potted plants as they are now.

Also don't forget that this mod is owned by you. You are allowed to make any changes to merged mods/code as you like unless you signed some kind of contract forbidding you from making changes to mods developed by others that are included in HC. In other words, you should be able

to change/improve/bug fix certain aspects of the mod.

5 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

It does not working at all :(

9 hours ago, Lupa said:

Just a question about an item.

I can't seem to find any info on it, and i haven't found a use for it yet, but does Hair dye have a use?

Only blond which is need to make HMTD.

Spoiler

recipe Make Beaker with Hydrogen Peroxide
    {   
    HCHaircolorblond=5,
    HCGlassbeaker,
        keep HCLatexgloves/HCRubberglove,   
        keep HCGasmask/HCImprovisedgasmask,
        keep HCLab,
        CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,
        NeedToBeLearn:true,
        Result:HCBeakerh2o2,
        Time:1000,
        Category:Alchemy,
        OnGiveXP:HCCooking_OnGiveXP,
    }

Hello i was thinking about a few quality of life changes:

changing the spawnrate of prunning sheers, on the wiki it says it is only  0.5 in other in shed areas ... 

making the gardening workbench use any kind of compost instead of only npk fertilizer
and i agree with this one too

On 2/6/2018 at 1:51 PM, Cyrrent Eiledoll said:

Now with cars it make sense to replace the HC Car Battery in the Battery Array Recipe with vanilla Car Battery.

Thank you hydro for such an amazing mod!

I like the addition of new defenses. Would you consider adding stuff like junk walls and barricades, or plywood boards to cover windows? They'd look like the metal sheets except made of plywood, and they'd be easier to obtain than wooden planks but are weaker.

16 hours ago, Cyrrent Eiledoll said:

You can find different Boxes in the Storage Area. One kind of Box is the Gardening Eqipment. The chance to get a sheer is much higher here. ;-)

i remember seeing those boxes when i played pre vehicles build, they dont seem to be spawning now ...is it a problem only on my end? (im on build 39)

20 hours ago, juan_canciani said:

i remember seeing those boxes when i played pre vehicles build, they dont seem to be spawning now ...is it a problem only on my end? (im on build 39)

when i played pre vehicle i think spawning rate was much "better". Some containers contain absolutly no HC content (other in the same Building do). 

Just confirmed that even in the storage areas where hydrocraft items spawn, supply boxes dont.

Also i made the arc furnace but i cant seem to find what its used for (if there is no use implemented yet, maybe we could use it to melt unusable metal?)

Edited by juan_canciani

Is there any possibility of tying hydrocraft in with the ORTM's gun mod?  I'd like to be able to make ammo for those guns and to use them for hunting.

Also, any possibility of having more things to do with cars?  Could we perhaps be able to make replacement parts or chop up unwanted cars for scrap?  Maybe modifications, like netting over the windows to help keep zombies out, or spikes/blades on the front or back to make ramming more deadly?

Hey not sure if any one has reported this yet or not but it seems that since the cars have come out certain hydrocraft items arent spawning in the regular spots they normally do.  I have my own server and noticed on it that none of the HC booze, the pet, office, garden boxes, katana, samurai armor,  and  quite a few other items are just not spawning in. Even noticed the the gigi mart selves only have chips, cupcake and orange soda. It use to have all kinds of food , spices and cooking supplies.  Is any one else having this issue or just me?

Even made single player game and still nothing spawning.

Edited by SweetHeart
found more info

On a different note it would be really nice if weed-eater or lawn mower actually worked and removed grass in a like 4x4 or 6x6 area or so instead of having to remove each tile or grass yourself.

It also would be cool to craft a fire pit ( like rocks around the fire) or like a small metal fence to go around the fire so it keeps people from getting burned. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrvt4zdWeAODcx7zP6IEK

3 hours ago, Millitron said:

Is there any possibility of tying hydrocraft in with the ORTM's gun mod?  I'd like to be able to make ammo for those guns and to use them for hunting.

Also, any possibility of having more things to do with cars?  Could we perhaps be able to make replacement parts or chop up unwanted cars for scrap?  Maybe modifications, like netting over the windows to help keep zombies out, or spikes/blades on the front or back to make ramming more deadly?

There's already a mod that allows you to create ORGM ammo in Hydrocraft. However that mod only creates the ammo for the old ORGM version which was renamed to ORGM Legacy.

Hello @Hydromancerx !

Some changes to notice since the build 39 is here.

They changed the loot zones, i mean, before the build 39, in some garages or areas like this, there was many different stuff and we could find some computer parts, magazines, cooking stuff, box of stuff, alchemy stuff and now, it has changed and we can only find some stuff that we can find in hardware store. I join a screen on my server here Hydrocraft is wrking under Build 39 (I have no big issues with it btw). And we can't find the stuff we found before this new build anymore, anywhere. I look for it everywhere, can't craft electronic workbench and gardening workbench anymore (And probably others). 

It's in french but items are the same (you can guess it by the icon)

Is there a way to be fixed ? Probably by changing in the scrpits the spawn location od the stuff i mentionned ? Thanks !

image.thumb.png.e800ae17370ecf8cab56c32571204f19.png

Edited by Kitsune Alias Nana