Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

10 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

You should work towards a solar generator

No, I don't want to!!

In PZ you finally realize that you can live fine without electricity. A simpler and more natural lifestyle feels good.

I think the end of industry and electricity is the biggest achievement of the zombie apocalypse.

3 hours ago, Arya said:

No, I don't want to!!

In PZ you finally realize that you can live fine without electricity. A simpler and more natural lifestyle feels good.

I think the end of industry and electricity is the biggest achievement of the zombie apocalypse.

Alright your choice. We gave you advice/options/goals. If you choose to ignore them then don't start complaining (again)

if you don't know what to do next.

Hey, I didn't complain. I just felt a tiny lack of purpose, that's all. :)

And maybe the fault with that was not primary Hydrocraft, primary it was the lack of a guide and secondary my point of view / approach.

(the former I'm working at right now, and the latter was solved by Jonny Zomboid's kind post)

18 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

We gave you advice/options/goals

You only provided information that I already knew (Steam Hammer, Electricity). I know that you can use electricity to power your fridges, but actually ingame, you can live fine even if you use rotten food to make fresh meals - so even before my very first post I thought that there is no real reward for me in building a Solar Generator. That's why I asked if there were other rewards beside that.

I guess I didn't properly convey my message when I asked for other goals.

Instead of sounding like I was complaining, I should have posted in a way more constructive way. Like, "Hey, I think Hydrocraft would be better if there were more rewards for the player. I like forging my own weapons, and I would really love to see better melee weapons."

I stated that I'm doing fine (having lots of food left, even without electricity). Then you said "You should work towards a solar generator", you didn't say "You could...", so you kinda urged me to change my play style.

And then I guess I overreacted in my previous post, but that was because I read an (objectively) bad Hydrocraft guide on steam, that told you in horrendous writing how to make industry, but not what you can do with all that. Only "... as you can make just about anything you need for all the other crap" [sic]

So I thought I'd like to try and play without industry. Sorry if I made you upset.

Edited by Arya

Also, we drifted away from the actual topic: That I requested the HC dev team/Hydromancerx for reconsideration. It's up to them whether they want to change it or not. I'm fine either way! :D

Edited by Arya

recipe Fill Empty Metal Barrel With Sulfuric Acid
    {
        HCPoisonsulfuricacid=20,
        HCBarrelmetalempty,
        keep HCRubberglove,
        keep HCSafetyglasses,
        keep HCFunnel/HCGlassfunnel,
        Result:HCBarrelmetalammonia,
        Time:250,
        Category:Alchemy,
    }

item HCJagermeibter
    {
    HungerChange            =    -5,
    Weight                =    0.5,
    Type                =    Food,
    ThirstChange        =    -20,
    DisplayName        =    JдgermeiЯter,
    Alcoholic        =    TRUE,
        UnhappyChange        =    -10,
    ReplaceOnUse        =    WhiskeyEmpty,
    Icon                =    HCJagermeibter,
    CustomContextMenu     =     Drink,
    CustomEatSound        =     PZ_DrinkingFromBottle,
    AlcoholPower          =     2,
    FoodType        =    NoExplicit,
           Carbohydrates         =     11,
        Proteins         =     0,
        Lipids             =     0,
        Calories         =     103,
        CantBeFrozen         =     TRUE,
    Packaged        =    TRUE,
    }

You're right: I checked Food Bar.txt:

item HCJagermeibter
    {
    HungerChange            =    -5,
    Weight                =    0.5,
    Type                =    Food,
    ThirstChange        =    -20,
    DisplayName        =    Jägermeißter,
    Alcoholic        =    TRUE,
        UnhappyChange        =    -10,
    ReplaceOnUse        =    WhiskeyEmpty,
    Icon                =    HCJagermeibter,
    CustomContextMenu     =     Drink,
    CustomEatSound        =     PZ_DrinkingFromBottle,
    AlcoholPower          =     2,
    FoodType        =    NoExplicit,
           Carbohydrates         =     11,
        Proteins         =     0,
        Lipids             =     0,
        Calories         =     103,
        CantBeFrozen         =     TRUE,
    Packaged        =    TRUE,
    }

Although there is the letter ß in German, the word Jägermeister is spelled with s, not ß.

The font which uses old german letters may be confusing, but it is a normal s

lossy-page1-220px-J%C3%A4germeister-Logo

My suggestion is to change it to Jagermeister

Edited by Arya

item HCArmadillomale
    {
    Weight                 =     0.8,
    Type                 =     Normal,
    DisplayName             =     Armadillo (Male),
    Icon                =    HCBeavermale,
    ResizeWorldIcon         =     1.0,
    }

Wrong Icon

recipe Pack Dirt
    {
        HCDirt=4,
    EmptySandbag,
    keep Shovel,
        Result:Dirtbag,
        Time:50,
        Category:Stoneworking,
    }

recipe Unpack Dirt
    {
        Dirtbag,
        Result:HCDirt,
    }

Maybe unpack HCDirt=4 to?

On 5/17/2018 at 8:27 AM, Arya said:

Hey, I didn't complain. I just felt a tiny lack of purpose, that's all. :)

And maybe the fault with that was not primary Hydrocraft, primary it was the lack of a guide and secondary my point of view / approach.

(the former I'm working at right now, and the latter was solved by Jonny Zomboid's kind post)

You only provided information that I already knew (Steam Hammer, Electricity). I know that you can use electricity to power your fridges, but actually ingame, you can live fine even if you use rotten food to make fresh meals - so even before my very first post I thought that there is no real reward for me in building a Solar Generator. That's why I asked if there were other rewards beside that.

I guess I didn't properly convey my message when I asked for other goals.

Instead of sounding like I was complaining, I should have posted in a way more constructive way. Like, "Hey, I think Hydrocraft would be better if there were more rewards for the player. I like forging my own weapons, and I would really love to see better melee weapons."

I stated that I'm doing fine (having lots of food left, even without electricity). Then you said "You should work towards a solar generator", you didn't say "You could...", so you kinda urged me to change my play style.

And then I guess I overreacted in my previous post, but that was because I read an (objectively) bad Hydrocraft guide on steam, that told you in horrendous writing how to make industry, but not what you can do with all that. Only "... as you can make just about anything you need for all the other crap" [sic]

So I thought I'd like to try and play without industry. Sorry if I made you upset.

Wow that's a lot of text. What I am trying to figure out is why you installed HC when you don't even use (or don't want to use) the majority of things that it offers.

Not knowing what to do is one thing, but when other gives you advice/goals/incentives and you just reject them without giving a valid reason is another thing.

You cleared this up in the more recent posts.

In the end you can play however you like. I was just curious why you don't want to make HC end-game items. Now I know that you

like the simple lifestyle - no electricity, making meals from rotten food, no factory-like creations, etc. All of this is already offered in vanilla gameplay, so why install HC?

Again you can decide however you like to play.

BTW, you can only use rotten food in creating meal if you have level 7 cooking or higher so I presume your character is already at that level. Having power (using gas generators) really helped me level my cooking skill to 10 in record time.

Okay, each to their own. :)

22 minutes ago, PPanda0421 said:

What I am trying to figure out is why you installed HC

(It doesn't matter, but if you want to know why: I was just curious, because it was a popular mod, and it said that it adds a lot of stuff to PZ. Then I was lost, because there was no information what you can do with HC, there was no guide or anything. Well, I found one guide, the one on steam that I mentioned above. By reading it I understood that there is a progression in HC, from mining to smithing to industry, but that guide only (poorly) explained how you progress to industrial power, and not what you can actually do with it. That guide made me angry, because it snootily praised industrial power "... you will wonder just how you lived without it", but there was nothing that seemed to be worth to make with that industrial power. So yeah, that kinda spoiled things for me... BUT, I think I'll recover and I'll think about ways that add more rewards for the player, because I want to improve this great mod. I like Hydrocraft a lot, it really fills the empty void of PZ, the daily life, farming, animals...)

Edit: Yeah, I'm already LV10 at Cooking. When you grill meat from trapping you level extremely fast, even without electricity :P;)

Edited by Arya

12 minutes ago, Arya said:

Okay, each to their own. :)

(It doesn't matter, but if you want to know why: I was just curious, because it was a popular mod, and it said that it adds a lot of stuff to PZ. Then I was lost, because there was no information what you can do with HC, there was no guide or anything. Well, I found one guide, the one on steam that I mentioned above. By reading it I understood that there is a progression in HC, from mining to smithing to industry, but that guide only (poorly) explained how you progress to industrial power, and not what you can actually do with it. That guide made me angry, because it snootily praised industrial power "... you will wonder just how you lived without it", but there was nothing that seemed to be worth to make with that industrial power. So yeah, that kinda spoiled things for me... BUT, I think I'll recover and I'll think about ways that add more rewards for the player, because I want to improve this great mod. I like Hydrocraft a lot, it really fills the empty void of PZ, the daily life, farming, animals...)

Edit: Yeah, I'm already LV10 at Cooking. When you grill meat from trapping you level extremely fast, even without electricity :P;)

I think I mentioned it before somewhere on this forum to watch Nomis Plays and Johnnyoooes channels for HZ gameplay. You could really learn a lot about the mod from them.

I farmed thousands and thousands of cabbages and stored them in fridges/freezers. At that time I had 10-15 frying pans so I was able cook in batches. For me trapping was too much work (and inefficient) to level up cooking. You have to get the bait (veggies) then constantly monitor the traps. Plus some of the animals got away. This was when I setup 20 trap boxes! Since you need veggies as bait for the bigger animals might as well mass produce veggies, plus you level up farming as well! Like you said, to each their own. But sharing techniques/methods is not a bad idea.

9 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

I think I mentioned it before somewhere on this forum to watch Nomis Plays and Johnnyoooes channels for HZ gameplay. You could really learn a lot about the mod from them.

Maybe, but when I started using HC, this thread had already almost 4000 post. Nobody would now start and read all of them. Plus, and that is REALLY NOTHING PERSONAL, I really dislike Youtube tutorials. Please don't interpret this as criticism, it's just my own (dis-) affinity... I like written guides :) 

And about trapping: I'm living next to woods, and in my experience trapping is as easy as farming. You grow Cabbage, so you can also use it to replenish your traps. And I only check my traps once per day, as I do with my crops.

Edited by Arya

20 hours ago, AiweLelia said:

recipe Pack Dirt
    {
        HCDirt=4,
    EmptySandbag,
    keep Shovel,
        Result:Dirtbag,
    }

recipe Unpack Dirt
    {
        Dirtbag,
        Result:HCDirt,
    }

Maybe unpack HCDirt=4 to?

Dirt Bag is drainable so it gives 4 units per bag. So that is correct.

Edited by Hydromancerx

10 hours ago, Arya said:

Maybe, but when I started using HC, this thread had already almost 4000 post. Nobody would now start and read all of them. Plus, and that is REALLY NOTHING PERSONAL, I really dislike Youtube tutorials. Please don't interpret this as criticism, it's just my own (dis-) affinity... I like written guides :) 

And about trapping: I'm living next to woods, and in my experience trapping is as easy as farming. You grow Cabbage, so you can also use it to replenish your traps. And I only check my traps once per day, as I do with my crops.

Not sure what you mean by nothing personal, I didn't create those HC videos.

Like I said before I've tried the trapper route to increase my cooking skills and it was too inefficient/slow for me for the following reasons:

1. Requires veggies as bait to catch the larger animals.

2. The veggies can turn rotten inside those traps but you can't tell until you check.

3. Animals can escape those traps while you're checking on them. I think the wire/cage trap reduces animal escapage chances.

4. Bait is eaten but no animal is there. Possibly due to animals escaping before you check the traps.

5. Certain traps only catch animals at certain times.

6. Due to #5 it's more efficient to check/rebait animal traps more than once a day.

7. Animal caught is inconsistent. Could be groundhog, rabbit or the nutria all with different sizes. Cabbages provide a consistent -25 hunger giving 2 portions each in recipes. Makes it easier to perform calculations to get the xp needed for leveling.

I am only informing you (and others) that there is an easier route if you want to level cooking very fast. However if you're in no hurry

to level cooking, then any method will work, no matter how slow they are. I mainly level cooking so I can make cheese and its variations: smoked cheese, cheddar cheese, waxed cheddar. What a sight it is to see that -120 hunger smoked cheese wheel with 90+ days left till rotten! :).

In my current game I only leveled trapping to level 5 so I can search for donkeys. Cows and pigs are my go-tos for meat. 1 cow can fill up 20 frying pans with 1 portion per frying pan. 5 pigs can fill up the same 20 frying pans with 2 portions each pan with leftover bacon and ham to be used elsewhere. The rest of the portions can be filled with cabbages, tomatoes or other veggies. In the end each frying pan has enough to provide -119 or -120 hunger.

Any chance at changing the materials needed for the Gardening apron or making them drop from Box of garden supplies? been playing a game with loot respawn set on and been foraging for days and still dont have the mats. Its a big gated item you need to get into the better items the mod has.