Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

I forgot 2 points:

1_ repairing hydrocraft weapons with ingots doesn't work anymore.

2_when you use the kiln or smelter, you usually need charcoal. if you put the charcoal on the ground, close the kiln or smelter, it doesn't disapear when it is empty. the charcoal is empty, useless but doesn't disappear.

4 hours ago, pktomus said:

I forgot 2 points:

1_ repairing hydrocraft weapons with ingots doesn't work anymore.

2_when you use the kiln or smelter, you usually need charcoal. if you put the charcoal on the ground, close the kiln or smelter, it doesn't disapear when it is empty. the charcoal is empty, useless but doesn't disappear.

for #2 that is a vanilla bug you have to have the items in your inventory to be used up. if not it will just be empty and you can not use it. best thing to do if that happens to you is just put it in a container or put the items in a garbage bag and bury it .

8 hours ago, pktomus said:

hi everybody, I'm new to the forum.

first of all, thank you for the amazing hydrocraft mod,  but I have bugs to report:

1_ like many other players, potted plants doesn't grow up to the next stage.

2_ I put a full pallet truck in the covered wagon. it is impossible to remove it because the pallet truck is heavier than 50. no other way than building a cellar, and put it in the cellar. but the pallet truck and all the items in are lost.

3_ if you anchor the herbalist table, you cannot schuck corn and add herbal medicine because to do this, the herbalist table has to be in your first inventory.

4_ I confirm what Ppanda said, there is a trouble with solar gen, but he did mistakes:

First, the solar gen doesn't turn off when you leave the area but when you come back. so turn it off and on again when you re back at your area and you won't lose the food in your fridge and freezer.

secondly, the trouble is apparently (it worked for me) caused by other regular generators on your area. remove them out of the area and you won't have this trouble anymore.

just an other word for Ppanda, I disagree with you about building the wagon: it is the ultimate container, it has to be difficult to build it. it is not as long as you think, it taked 2 months for me (time in game):

I had just one corn seed packet, so I planted corn in vanilla plants, grow up, harvest and planted the seeds again until ... 30 plants.

you harvest the 30 plants three times and you have enough seeds with schuck corn too, to oil the 36 planks.

sorry for my english, be sure I do my best.

Hi pktomus,

I understand that English might not be your first language. Yes the solar only turns off when you come back into the cell or when you reload the game. That's the same thing as what I said originally: "Leave the area and go back"

Yes I know that you have to turn off and back on the solar gen to get power back. However, my food rotted when I came back after a few days.

Removing other (vanilla) generators in the area fixes the issue?! I'll give it a try, thanks! However, this sounds like a workaround. If that is a case the problem is with TIS code/logic. We should let them know.

In my opinion the best container in HC is the cellar which has 800 default size but with the organized trait you get 1040. Making the cellar is much easier than making the wagon. The 'hardest' thing to find is an auger but

it can be easier to find than you think (don't want to spoil for others). Anyways, before the potted plants changes (2 updates ago) even the wagon was easy to make...use potted corn plants for the seeds. Ah I think I made a mistake

since I thought corn produced white corn seeds (corn mistakenly produces white corn plants atm). If it produces corn seeds then it seems my numbers were off. Two months isn't that bad, I guess.

Thanks for informing me of your findings/workaround for the solar gen. I spent too much time leveling up electricity to have it go to waste.

EDIT: Confirmed that the solar gen works if you remove all vanilla generators from the area! I talked to Nolan on the PZ discord site and he pretty much confirmed what is happening in game. The issue appears to be new logic that was added to PZ vanilla game checking for vanilla generators in the area. Confirmation done in IWBUMS 39.52 branch with HC 10.1.

Edited by PPanda0421
Work-around Confirmation

I've got a more general question.

What am I trying to accomplish with Hydrocraft? Like, what are my big goals that are worth putting my effort into them?

I'm currently in November of my first year, I've got a base with basic supplies, water irrigation, a beehive, a kiln, a mine with pully and some workbenches. I kinda looked forward to smithing, but actually right now, I don't see any point why I should even bother with it. What are the benefits?

7 hours ago, Arya said:

I've got a more general question.

What am I trying to accomplish with Hydrocraft? Like, what are my big goals that are worth putting my effort into them?

I'm currently in November of my first year, I've got a base with basic supplies, water irrigation, a beehive, a kiln, a mine with pully and some workbenches. I kinda looked forward to smithing, but actually right now, I don't see any point why I should even bother with it. What are the benefits?

You need smithing to make the end game machines like the steam hammer, solar gen and charging unit/station. Looks like you're in mid game...got long ways to go.

EDIT: Here's a tip. Level blunt to at least level 2 and start leveling metalworking...

Edited by PPanda0421
Some tips.

7 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

You need smithing to make the end game machines like the steam hammer, solar gen and charging unit/station.

Okay, so Solar Generator and Charging Unit make electricity, and the Steam Hammer makes ... some weapons and some steel thingies.

I think I don't really need electricity and I'm not really interested in Flamethrowers and Rocket Launchers.

So I'll ask again: WHY do I need any of these end game machines?

(BTW, I already know about blunt LV2 and metalworking, but thanks anyways) :)

Edit: To be more clear, it's not that I don't want to progress through the long long way until I reach the "endgame".

It's just that I don't have something to fuel my motivation...

Edited by Arya

On 2.5.2018 at 11:02 AM, Arya said:

So I'll ask again: WHY do I need any of these end game machines?

To be more clear, it's not that I don't want to progress through the long long way until I reach the "endgame".

It's just that I don't have something to fuel my motivation...

Maybe I was still sounding too negative... So I'll give it one more try:

I actually want someone to give me some motivation, some goal. Because I WANT to progress through the elaborate steps of Hydrocraft.

But doing that just for the fun of progress itself, without any real benefit, doesn't feel right.

Because there is no real information anywhere what you can DO in the Hydrocraft endgame, I'm asking here. So some hints would be very nice! :)

I think I solved the Potted Plants problem.

I'm not exactly sure how it was supposed to work before, but in the current files there is no mechanism that transfers the number of waterings from the normal to the dried plant.

I'm not an expert programmer and part of the (already existing) code is a bit messy, but here is my edited timetracker.lua

--[[
Items change to other items over time
By Nolan Ritchie

NO NEED TO EDIT ANYTHING HERE
ONLY EDIT timetracker_definitions.lua

]]
--Modified by AiweLeliaThamm
require "NDRecipeActions.lua"

function loadItem(item)

if(ItemTimeTrackerMod[item:getType()] ~= nil) then
        itemFound = true;
        item:getModData().Life = ItemTimeTrackerMod[item:getType()]["Life"];
        item:getModData().TurnInto = ItemTimeTrackerMod[item:getType()]["TurnInto"];
        item:getModData().StartTime = getGameTime():getWorldAgeHours();

--print("loadItem ",item:getType(),item:getModData().Life,item:getModData().TurnInto,item:getModData().StartTime)
        return true;
    else
        return false;
    end

end

function replaceItem(container,item)
                        --getPlayer():Say(tostring(item:getType()));
                        --item:getModData().Life = item:getModData().Life - (getGameTime():getWorldAgeHours() - item:getModData().Life);
	if item:getModData().Life~=nil and item:getModData().StartTime~=nil then
	local delta = (getGameTime():getWorldAgeHours() - item:getModData().StartTime)
              --print("replaceItem",item:getType(),item:getModData().Life,getGameTime():getWorldAgeHours(),item:getModData().StartTime,delta)
		if(item:getModData().Life < delta) or delta<0 then

if item:getModData().TurnInto~="" then
				local temp = container:AddItem(item:getModData().TurnInto);							
				if (temp) then loadItem(temp) end ;

if string.find(temp:getType(),"HCPotted") then
					if item:getModData().NDGrowPlant then
						temp:getModData().NDGrowPlant={}
						temp:getModData().NDGrowPlant.Water = item:getModData().NDGrowPlant.Water;
					end
				end

--Ïåðåíîñ èíâåíòàðÿ êîíòåéíåðà
				if (item:getCategory() == "Container") and (temp:getCategory() == "Container") then
					temp:getInventory():setItems(item:getInventory():getItems())
					--Ñîõðàíåíèå èìåí êîíòåéíåðîâ
					--Ãîëîäíûå æèâîòíûå ê èìåíè ïîëó÷àþò ìåòêó "ãîëîäåí"
					if string.find(item:getModData().TurnInto,"hungry") then
						temp:setName("hungry "..item:getName());
					else
						temp:setName(item:getName());
					end
				elseif (item:getCategory() == "Literature") and (temp:getCategory() == "Literature") then
					--Ïåðåíîñ ñîäåðæèìîãî áëîêíîòà
					recipe_saveOldPages(item,temp,getPlayer())
				end

--container:sendContentsToRemoteContainer();
				--container:Remove(item);

container:addItemOnServer(temp);  
				print("item:getModData().TurnInto",item:getModData().TurnInto)      
			end

container:DoRemoveItem(item);
			container:removeItemOnServer(item);
			--print("replaceItem",item:getType(),item:getModData().TurnInto)
			print("replaceItem",item:getType(),item:getModData().TurnInto,item:getModData().Life,getGameTime():getWorldAgeHours(),item:getModData().StartTime,delta)
		end
	end
end

function ContainerHandle(container)

local items = container:getItems();
    if(items ~= nil) then
        for i=0,items:size()-1 do
            if(items:get(i) ~= nil) then
                if (items:get(i):getCategory() == "Container") then
                   ContainerHandle(items:get(i):getItemContainer()) ;

replaceItem(container,items:get(i))
                else
                    if(items:get(i):getModData().Life == nil) then
                        loadItem(items:get(i));
                    else
						            replaceItem(container,items:get(i))
                    end
                end
            end
        end
    end
end

function WorldItemReplace(item,square)

local delta = (getGameTime():getWorldAgeHours() - item:getModData().StartTime)
            --print("WorldItemReplace",item:getType(),item:getModData().Life,getGameTime():getWorldAgeHours(),item:getModData().StartTime,delta)
            if(item:getModData().Life < delta) or delta<0 then

local WI = item:getWorldItem();

if item:getModData().TurnInto~="" or item:getModData().TurnInto~="out" then
                   local temp = instanceItem(item:getModData().TurnInto);
                   if (temp) then loadItem(temp) end ;

end
	   end

local temp = square:AddWorldInventoryItem(temp, 0.5, 0.5, 0, true);   
                   print("item:getModData().TurnInto",item:getModData().TurnInto)

end

square:transmitRemoveItemFromSquare(WI);
                WI:removeFromSquare();

end
end
function WorldItemHandle(item,square)

-- if (item:getCategory() == "Container") then
   --        ContainerHandle(item:getItemContainer()) ;
   --         
  --        replaceItem(container,item)
   -- else
        if(item:getModData().Life == nil) then
            loadItem(item);
        else

if (item:getCategory() == "Container") then
                   ContainerHandle(item:getItemContainer()) ;
            end
            --getPlayer():Say(tostring(item:getType()));
            --item:getModData().Life = item:getModData().Life - (getGameTime():getWorldAgeHours() - item:getModData().Life);
           WorldItemReplace(item,square)
        end
   -- end

end

ItemCheck_timer=0;
function ItemCheck()

ItemCheck_timer=ItemCheck_timer-1;
  if ItemCheck_timer<=0 then
    ItemCheck_timer=1000;
    --print("ItemCheck")
    ContainerHandle(getPlayer():getInventory());--Âåñèò NULL

local cell = getWorld():getCell();
    for x=(cell:getMinX()+10), (cell:getMaxX()-10) do
        for y=(cell:getMinY()+10), (cell:getMaxY()-10) do
            for z=(cell:getMinZ()), (cell:getMaxZ()) do

local sq = cell:getGridSquare(x,y,z);
                if(sq ~= nil) then
                    local items = sq:getObjects();
                    for j=0, items:size()-1 do
                        if(items:get(j):getContainer() ~= nil) then
                           ContainerHandle(items:get(j):getContainer());                             
                        end
                    end
                    local items = sq:getWorldObjects();
                    for j=0, items:size()-1 do
                        if(items:get(j) and items:get(j):getItem()) then
                            WorldItemHandle(items:get(j):getItem(),sq);
                        end
                    end
                end

end
        end
    end

end

end

--Events.EveryDays.Add(ItemCheck);
--Events.EveryTenMinutes.Add(ItemCheck); 
Events.OnTick.Add(ItemCheck); 

I added 6 lines in replaceItem() and WorldItemReplace()

end
end

I'm not sure if you need the first If condition at all, but it works anyways.

Proof: :)

5af0d224618e7_PottedPlants.png.23b653eb09eb6a4de97ecd5b9f39e11d.png

On 5/4/2018 at 10:49 AM, Arya said:

Maybe I was still sounding too negative... So I'll give it one more try:

I actually want someone to give me some motivation, some goal. Because I WANT to progress through the elaborate steps of Hydrocraft.

But doing that just for the fun of progress itself, without any real benefit, doesn't feel right.

Because there is no real information anywhere what you can DO in the Hydrocraft endgame, I'm asking here. So some hints would be very nice! :)

Hi Arya. My advice for endgame goals would be that you choose your own :) That's the beauty of the game. I would tend not to isolate Hydrocraft goals against base game goals - Hydrocraft mod gives you much more options for things to work toward; you just need to decide what you want. My end game is to storm the prison - which is independent to the mod. But my end-end game is to make pizza, brew my own booze (both Hydrocraft added goals), barbecue some fish and smash zombies skulls in - indefinitely. I reserve the right to create more goals later down the line once I am bored of eating pizza and drinking cider :P Viel gluck!

12 hours ago, Jonno Zomboid said:

Hi Arya. My advice for endgame goals would be that you choose your own :) That's the beauty of the game. I would tend not to isolate Hydrocraft goals against base game goals - Hydrocraft mod gives you much more options for things to work toward; you just need to decide what you want. My end game is to storm the prison - which is independent to the mod. But my end-end game is to make pizza, brew my own booze (both Hydrocraft added goals), barbecue some fish and smash zombies skulls in - indefinitely. I reserve the right to create more goals later down the line once I am bored of eating pizza and drinking cider :P Viel gluck!

Wow, this is exactly the kind of advice I needed!

Dankeschön!!

A quick question:

Is it possible to change the ingame size of dropped items without changing the image file?

Like, is there a way to tell the game how large a dropped item should be, independent of image resolution?

2 hours ago, Arya said:

A quick question:

Is it possible to change the ingame size of dropped items without changing the image file?

Like, is there a way to tell the game how large a dropped item should be, independent of image resolution?

Yes. In the iem files it has this ...

ResizeWorldIcon     = 1.0,

1.0 is the default size. 2.0 makes it twice as big and 0.5 makes it half the size. So adjust to however big you want it to be.

Okay, that makes things easier.

Sooo... I finally made a lead anvil, and because I didn't like the texture that much I made my own texture:

5af4a54f81150_LeadAnvil.png.507f61e4fe1460ddecbe7f8f5e7cdf2d.png

What do you think?

(I also made one for the iron anvil)

If you like, I can upload them :)

On 5/10/2018 at 1:05 PM, Arya said:

Okay, that makes things easier.

Sooo... I finally made a lead anvil, and because I didn't like the texture that much I made my own texture:

5af4a54f81150_LeadAnvil.png.507f61e4fe1460ddecbe7f8f5e7cdf2d.png

What do you think?

(I also made one for the iron anvil)

If you like, I can upload them :)

Purple Hat made me new anvils for next update. The big issue is that the anvil is ued in other items like the trip hammer and steam hammer. So it would be nice if they all matched each other. If you want to help with art please go to the Hydrocraft art thread.

9 hours ago, Arya said:

Is it okay if I write a Hydrocraft Guide for new players?

Yes please do! It has been while since anyone has made one. Most of them are outdated.

Edited by Hydromancerx

Hi Hydro,

I have an exploitative bug to report. Having your leg in a splint (from a fracture) gives invulnerability to burns while smelting for some reason. My geezer gets the message "ouch that hurts!" above his head and on the health panel the damage comes up then disappears quickly.

PZ version 38.30

Hydrocraft version can't remember how to check!

Splint is on right shin and matey is wearing 1) Firefighter Hat 2) Firefighter Jacket 3) Thick Jeans 4) Work Gloves

4 hours ago, Jonno Zomboid said:

Hi Hydro,

I have an exploitative bug to report. Having your leg in a splint (from a fracture) gives invulnerability to burns while smelting for some reason. My geezer gets the message "ouch that hurts!" above his head and on the health panel the damage comes up then disappears quickly.

PZ version 38.30

Hydrocraft version can't remember how to check!

Splint is on right shin and matey is wearing 1) Firefighter Hat 2) Firefighter Jacket 3) Thick Jeans 4) Work Gloves

I think that is not a bug, because there are different types of burns. If you get a type 0 burn, then the damage is very low; if you get a type 1 burn, the damage is higher.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think the function player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):setBurned() does not always inflict burns.

My experience with the Smelter: (I didn't have my leg in a splint) about 5 times I got the message "ouch that hurts" and a slight health decrease, then I got a burn on the upper torso, which lasted about 3 days until it healed.

However, there are two issues in the code!

function SmeltUse(items, result, player)
    local h,b = FindProtection(player);
    local hBurn = -1;
    local bBurn = -1;
    if ZombRand(100) > 59 then
        hBurn = ZombRand(2);
    end
    if ZombRand(100) > 59 then
        bBurn = ZombRand(2);
    end
    DoDamage(hBurn, bBurn, h, b, player);
end

function FindProtection(player)
    local head = -1;
    local body = -1;
    inv = player:getInventory();
    if inv:contains("HCFiresuit") then
        body = 0;
        head = 0;
    end
    if body < 0 then
        if inv:contains("HCFirefighterjacket") then
            body = 1;
        elseif inv:contains("HCBlacksmithapron") then
            body = 2;
        end
    end
    if head < 0 then
        if inv:contains("HCFirefighterhelmet") then
            head = 1;
        elseif inv:contains("HCWeldingmask") then
            head = 2;
        elseif inv:contains("HCBlacksmithgoggles") then
            head = 3;            
        end
    end
    return body, head;
end

In this order h=body and b=head, right?

function DoDamage(hBurnType, bBurnType, h, b,  player)
    local hProt = 0;
    local bProt = 0;
    if h == 0 or b == 0 then
        return;
    end

if h == 1 then
        hProt = 0.5;
    elseif h == 2 then
        hProt = 0.25;
    elseif h == 3 then
        hProt = 0.75;        
    end
    if b == 1 then
        bProt = 0.5;
    elseif b == 2 then
        bProt = 0.25;
    elseif b == 3 then
        bProt = 0.75;        
    end

if hBurnType == 0 then
         player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Head):AddDamage(5*hProt);
         player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Head):setBurned();
    elseif hBurnType == 1 then
        player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Head):AddDamage(10*hProt);
    elseif hBurnType == 2 then
        player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Head):AddDamage(15*hProt);
    elseif hBurnType == 3 then
        player:setOnFire(true);
    end

if bBurnType == 0 then
        player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):AddDamage(5*hProt);
        player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):setBurned();
    elseif bBurnType == 1 then
        player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):AddDamage(10*hProt);
    elseif bBurnType == 2 then
        player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):AddDamage(15*hProt);
    elseif bBurnType == 3 and hBurnType ~= 3 then
        player:setOnFire(true);
    end

if bBurnType < hBurnType then
        HCSpeakBurn(player, hBurnType);
    else
        HCSpeakBurn(player, bBurnType);
    end

return;
end

The damage inflicted to the upper torso is calculated using the Head Protection Multiplier!

The drip irrigation files also alter vanilla crop behavior in winter. Plants die after a few hours if it is November to January.

Vanilla behavior makes farming in winter less effective, but still valid. Depending on the temperature plants gain less health, thus producing less yield.

I like the vanilla behavior, so I disabled that code.

Might you consider removing that code from HC, or moving it to a separate mod?

8 hours ago, Arya said:

The drip irrigation files also alter vanilla crop behavior in winter. Plants die after a few hours if it is November to January.

Vanilla behavior makes farming in winter less effective, but still valid. Depending on the temperature plants gain less health, thus producing less yield.

I like the vanilla behavior, so I disabled that code.

Might you consider removing that code from HC, or moving it to a separate mod?

I think the drip irrigation original behavior is fine, mimicking real life. HC already makes PZ somewhat easier but with much more things to do. This farming behavior makes farming 'harder' in a way and I'm for it. As for disabling that code, that's what's great about mods, you can customize your own experience to your heart's content.

For me I've already done a few changes myself such as:

1. Growing other crops on land like grapes, lemons, jute, rice, red chili pepper, etc. Takes 7 to 14 days. Makes farming more satisfying. Hopefully the potted plants will be fixed in the next release.

2. Foraging specific items such as violets, acorns and hickory leaves. The logic is the same as Gather Flora but instead returns very specific items so as not to gather too much unwanted materials/food. I'm thinking of making changes to just mine sandstone/limestone as well.

3. Minor changes. For instance items that are used in containers but don't return those containers when said items are used in recipes.

Perhaps with the upcoming weather changes in vanilla they will change plant behavior to match real life plants dying in the winter.

Edited by PPanda0421
Spelling/Grammar

1 hour ago, PPanda0421 said:

I think the drip irrigation original behavior is fine, mimicking real life.

In vanilla PZ, on the other hand, food like potatoes spoil a lot faster than in real life. So growing in winter balances that out.

We are growing (in real life) corn salad in a covered herb bed in winter, and here in germany its colder than in PZ - I check temperature ingame in car displays from time to time.

(ingame: January the 2nd, 11:20, 5.7 °C ... that's quite warm)

(12:40, 7.3 °C)

(17:10, 8.8 °C)

(Jan 3rd, 11:30 10.3 °C)

(16:50 15.3 °C)

Edited by Arya

11 minutes ago, Arya said:

In vanilla PZ, on the other hand, food like potatoes spoil a lot faster than in real life. So growing in winter balances that out.

We are growing (in real life) corn salad in a covered herb bed in winter, and here in germany its colder than in PZ - I check temperature ingame in car displays from time to time.

(ingame: January the 2nd, 11:20, 5.7 °C ... that's quite warm)

(12:40, 7.3 °C)

Well I used to live in an area where winter temperatures ranged from -20 to -40C. You won't be growing anything outside in the winter with those temperatures (at least I don't think so since I'm not an expert in farming).

In general plants do not usually grow in the winter.

Are you more concerned about not having enough food in PZ for winter? Is that why you want to be able to plant crops outdoors?

2 minutes ago, PPanda0421 said:

Are you more concerned about not having enough food in PZ for winter? Is that why you want to be able to plant crops outdoors?

Nah, I still have several crates of rotten food, and then plenty of canned food. I could probably last a year.

But yeah, if you have temperatures between -20 and -40 °C, then farming won't work, I agree. However, if you have mild temperatures ingame, like I currently have (I didn't change climate settings), then farming should work to a minor degree.

2 hours ago, Arya said:

Nah, I still have several crates of rotten food, and then plenty of canned food. I could probably last a year.

But yeah, if you have temperatures between -20 and -40 °C, then farming won't work, I agree. However, if you have mild temperatures ingame, like I currently have (I didn't change climate settings), then farming should work to a minor degree.

You should work towards a solar generator. I have one and I never have to worry about spoilage ever again. In fact my freezers/fridges are full of veggies (tomatoes, cabbages, potatoes, corn, etc) and I have 40+ frying pans full of stirfries just ready to be eaten.

Any rotten veggies are turned into compost or left for my farm animals - 300+ cows and 400+ pigs. As for canned food, I have about 3-4 crates full of them (65 storage each due to organized trait).

PZ brings out the hoarder, chef and farmer in me!