Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

20 hours ago, Doc Holliday said:

To be clear, I'm running 41.2. It's unclear(?) if this version will continue to be worked on. 

I am saying that anything in IWBUMS is not set in stone. TIS could change anything in it before it goes on the public branch. Which is why I don't have Hydrocraft use that branch and use the public branch instead. Since it is more stable.

13 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

The recipe is not found in the Steelworking Textook. It is found in on of the "Metalworking Monthly" Magazines.

Really? That's a weird place to put it considering the other sheers is in the Steelworking book...That info should've been in your patch notes since I mistakenly thought it was a bug. I'll update my file locally.

On 4/19/2018 at 5:10 PM, PPanda0421 said:

OK, I experienced it for myself in IWBUMS 39.49/50. I went to the same garage/storage units in Muldraugh that you did and saw what you saw.  All the crates and cardboard boxes did not contain HC items. However some of them did contain

ORGM Legacy weapons and ammo.

I think the issue might be specific to garage/storage units.

I'd actually just gotten the chance to retest it myself without any other mods except just hydrocraft alone using the latest PZ release (39.50), can confirm that hydrocraft items refuse to spawn in these locations, and I'm assuming probably similar locations that are storage related... so far everything else seems OK. Things were originally spawning there just fine before .49 so not really sure what changed that broke it.

Edited by KinaUndead

Hello!

Thank you very much for this great mod.

However, I just had a nasty bug where a fully depleted Bee Smoker didn't turn into an Empty Bee Smoker, so now I can't refill it at all!

All items were lying on the floor when I depleted the Bee Smoker by harvesting the Stage 3 Beehive. (Maybe that helps tracking down the bug)

Any help is appreciated

20180422154719_1.jpg

Edited by Arya

20 minutes ago, Arya said:

Hello!

Thank you very much for this great mod.

However, I just had a nasty bug where a fully depleted Bee Smoker didn't turn into an Empty Bee Smoker, so now I can't refill it at all!

All items were lying on the floor when I depleted the Bee Smoker by harvesting the Stage 3 Beehive. (Maybe that helps tracking down the bug)

Any help is appreciated

20180422154719_1.jpg

This is a bug with vanilla zomboid code, when anything that can deplete like this (Charcoal, water bottles, concrete bags, bee smokers) are on the ground and they get used for a recipe, this bug will happen. Its something unavoidable currently, so make sure you always keep things like that in your inventory while crafting/using them. Hope this help!

A question about the hunting mod. I'm trying to trap beavers, and UngratefulDead wrote they eat the same bait as squirrels and can be found only in the forests. Wiki says squirrels eat corn bait, so I cultivated white corn and tried to trap in the forest. But I can't seem to find any squirrels or beavers at all.

Is there an up-to-date list which bait you can use for which animals in which zones?

Nevermind, I finally found the actual mod folder...

If anyone is interested in the beaver code:

Spoiler

beaver.strength = 24;
beaver.minHour = 19;
beaver.maxHour = 5;
beaver.minSize = 15;
beaver.maxSize = 60;
beaver.zone = {};
beaver.zone["TownZone"] = 2;
beaver.zone["TrailerPark"] = 2;
beaver.zone["FarmLand"] = 2;
beaver.zone["Vegitation"] = 15;
beaver.zone["Forest"] = 30;
beaver.zone["DeepForest"] = 30;
beaver.traps = {};
beaver.traps["Base.TrapCage"] = 30;
beaver.traps["Base.TrapSnare"] = 20;
beaver.traps["Base.TrapBox"] = 20;
beaver.traps["Base.TrapCrate"] = 20;
beaver.baits = {};
beaver.baits["Hydrocraft.HCGrass"] = 20;
beaver.baits["Hydrocraft.HCBark"] = 30;
beaver.baits["Hydrocraft.HCBirchbark"] = 20;

(as for squirrels, Hydrocraft adds Pinenuts, Chestnuts and Hickorynuts as bait)

Edit:

I guess you didn't add HCCornwhite, HCCornblue and HCCornred to the squirrel bait list, am I right?

Could you include that in your next update?

And one question: If I edit my files locally, the changes will stay like that until the next auto-mod-update (and then will be overwritten with the updated files), right?

Edited by Arya

On 4/21/2018 at 3:13 AM, Hydromancerx said:

Hydrocraft v10.1 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Updated Advanced Potted Plants

- Updated Armor Mod

- Hunting cannot be done indoors.

- Fixed fixers

- Fixed male cream cat

- Fixed Jagermsibter

- Fixed eye dropper with potassium permanganate

- Fixed coffee

- Fixed beehive in winter

- Can keep pizza stone

- Fixed Flint Tipped Bow Drill

- Fish Bowls and Fish Tanks can collect Rainwater

- Can recycle and craft Pruning Shears

- Can craft fire suit from more types of clothing

- Fixed making blast furnace with mortar

- Fixed Cordless Drill Art

- Fixed Herbal Medicine for anchored tables

- Fixed Pullout paper recipie

- Fixed empty beaker with water

- Fixed baby food jars

- Can turn unusable wood into charcoal

- Added Jar of Glue and Jar of Wood Glue

- Added Wooden Pulley

- Crossbow and Longbow animation fixed!

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

So I was able to build the garden workbench, built some planters and proceeded to pot my plants. After 24 hours in-game time the small potted plants became dry so I watered them. They then reverted back to small potted plants. After another 24 hours they become dry small potted plants again so I watered them again. They then reverted back to small potted plants again. I continued this for 5 days straight! When do they become (normal) potted plants or just ready potted plants? I used corn, cabbage, tomato and carrot seeds. I wonder if this is is some kind of infinite loop where it doesn't know how to change to (normal) potted plants.

What are we supposed to do? Water them for a few more days?

Edited by PPanda0421
Looked at wrong code. Removed code reference.

6 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

I didn't try the planters yet, but the code says (I think) that you have to water each plant a certain number of times until it proceeds to the next stage.

There are plants that only need one time (basil), 2 times (wheat), 4 times (pineapple) and 6 times (trees, like apple tree)

43 minutes ago, Arya said:

I didn't try the planters yet, but the code says (I think) that you have to water each plant a certain number of times until it proceeds to the next stage.

There are plants that only need one time (basil), 2 times (wheat), 4 times (pineapple) and 6 times (trees, like apple tree)

Yes I also looked at the code before I made that post. For the vegetables that I planted, they should've proceeded to the next (normal) stage after 2 times. I have now watered those plants

6 times in 6 days and they are still stuck in the small and smalldry cycle. I'm wondering if the water counter is being reset whenever a new small pot is created. Anyways, they should've progressed to the next stage

after the 2nd time.

Along the way I found the code where vegetables are planted/grown on the soil. Very tempted to copy/paste that code to plant HC seeds. Obviously I don't have the sprites for the different stages for different plants

but the cabbage sprites are good enough. This new method requires too much attention - you have to be at home and water them every 24 hours for x days. Sure you can bring these plants with you but who has room

for all of them?

15 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

So I was able to build the garden workbench, built some planters and proceeded to pot my plants. After 24 hours in-game time the small potted plants became dry so I watered them. They then reverted back to small potted plants. After another 24 hours they become dry small potted plants again so I watered them again. They then reverted back to small potted plants again. I continued this for 5 days straight! When do they become (normal) potted plants or just ready potted plants? I used corn, cabbage, tomato and carrot seeds. I wonder if this is is some kind of infinite loop where it doesn't know how to change to (normal) potted plants.

I talked to Leliana (the creator of this advanced potted plants system) and it is a server time bug. Small plants are suppose to only be 2 days.

"Timed items sometime loop or freeze after server time changes." she says.

EDIT: Is this happening for only one type of plant or all potted plants?

Edited by Hydromancerx

6 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

I talked to Leliana (the creator of this advanced potted plants system) and it is a server time bug. Small plants are suppose to only be 2 days.

"Timed items sometime loop or freeze after server time changes." she says.

EDIT: Is this happening for only one type of plant or all potted plants?

I tried 4 different plants: Corn, cabbage, tomato and carrot. I'm on SP so I don't know what server time changes means. Any known workarounds?

Edit: I even changed the watering times to 1 for all plants and it still isn't working. I'm thinking that whenever a drysmallpottedplant disappears the watering

count is lost and the new smallpottedplant that replaces it is initialized to the default number. I'm not familiar with lua so I can't tell whether items/variables are

created on the stack or heap.

On a side note I was able to get planting rice on land working though it uses the cabbage growth stages/sprites though time is reduced to 7 days. In the end the rice plant yields raw rice and rice seeds. Although in my first

attempt I used 'Rice' instead and one yield was 9 sacks of rice...oops. Was also able to fix 'White corn' yields when you harvest 'Corn' crops.

Edited by PPanda0421
More testing results.

Hey guys! I'm pretty new to this hole thing but I think I got a bug. Everytime I try to build a herbalist table, the game just crushs and loads again, so I'm not able to continue with a herbalist table. This really gets on my nerves, because this time everything went really well for my character and I don't want to start a new one :D

5 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

@PPanda0421

Make sure you test with new potted plants. Nothing from before the last update. This si so we can make sure there is no errors from before.

Yes, I removed the plant from the planter and created a new small plant each time. Same results. Is it working for you?

5 hours ago, Marie said:

Hey guys! I'm pretty new to this hole thing but I think I got a bug. Everytime I try to build a herbalist table, the game just crushs and loads again, so I'm not able to continue with a herbalist table. This really gets on my nerves, because this time everything went really well for my character and I don't want to start a new one :D

Need more details. Which PZ branch are you on? Which version HC? What other mods do you have? SP/MP? How are you building it (through the crafting menu or right click on component?). Etc. I built my herbalist table in either HC 9.9 or HC 10.0 and it was fine. I can try building another

in 10.1.

Edit: Just created another herbalist table in 10.1 on IWBUMS branch. I had all the components (including the carpenter's workbench) on me and created the herbalist table without any issues.

On a totally unrelated topic: herbalist table for sale. Please send inquiries to PPanda0421.

Edited by PPanda0421
Testing Results.

I came back to playing this mod after a few months off 6+ months lol. nice to see a total overhaul of the mod and the recipes. now i have to hunt down more things just to make items i used to be able to make just with normal items. good job i am enjoying this mod again and keep up the good work. 

21 hours ago, Marie said:

I'm not sure but maybe it helps to delete and reinstall Hydrocraft? Anyway, more details would be good (HC version, etc)

If there is a problem with the recipe itself I could write you a workaroud by changing the recipe...

I looted the whole town (Riverside) and only got 2 bags of NPK Fertilizer.

In order to build a Gardening Workbench I need 2.5 bags, but in order to make fertilizer I need a Compost Bin that I can only build if I have a Gardening Workbench!?!

(WTF) :shock:

Okay, I'm trying the potted plants for the first time, and (like other players reported) they won't progress to the next stage.

Vehicle IWBUMS 39.52 (Steam)

Current HC

Singleplayer

(other mods: Achievements, Gate, Katana (reworked), Log Wall Upgrade, Loot Zeta V1.3, MoreTraits)

error log:

5ae39243ab569_pottedplant.png.91067f434049271975b6bc7dd84fc9f7.png

So I spent dozens and dozens of rl hours leveling up electricity to level 8 in order to build the solar generator. Turns out it is still broken. That is, if you plug in the solar gen (power works), log off and log back on, the power turns off. Also if you leave the area

and go back the solar gen looks on but the power is turned off. In the stable branch both vanilla generator and solar gen had this issue. But in the IWBUMS branch only the solar gen has this issue now. Currently the solar gen is useless unless you stay in the current cell.

While on the topic, the solar park is still being charged even if it is indoors and in a container. If you want to upgrade to the solar gen there is no way to upgrade it using a charged solar park - you have to remove all of its charge manually (took me the entire day to do this). Suggest that we can upgrade to solar gen using both charged and uncharged solar parks. Or allow us to clear a charged solar parks ourselves.

Other bugs/issues/suggestions:

1. Potted plants don't advance to the next growth stage. You already know this but this might be useful to newcomers to HC mod.

2. Planting corn (on land) results in producing white corn and white corn seeds. You cannot plant white corn at all.

3. The requirements for building a wagon should be toned down. You need 36 oiled planks. one plank requires 100 corn (all types) seeds. Combined this with issue #2 and you'll take months if not years to make a wagon. Depends on your luck of getting corn seeds from mystery packets. Chances are 4/75 (all the different corn) from a mystery packet. Plus mystery packets are rare drops (zombies/containers) themselves. You can shuck 4 corn seeds from corn itself but good luck finding 900 corn in stores.

4. Repairing a weapon does not always repair it. It would increase the repair counter visually but the durability stays the same.

5. Might be a vanilla thing but how about increasing how much repair does? Wood glue repairs 50% but then it goes down to 25, 20, 13. Why not increase the % from using HC items?

6. Option to fully repair a weapon using a large number of resources. Perhaps double or triple the resources required to make that item.

7. Some items appear to be broken when you log back on. Eg. I saw plastic (broken) and electronic scraps (broken). Apparently some of these broken items can no longer be used in a recipe. This issue has been around for a long time.

8. I find steel pulleys all the time but I have never found an iron pulley.

9. How about when you grow corn there's a chance rabbits can appear in that crop (or nearby trap).

10. Split 'Gather flora' into different categories. Perhaps if you choose the flower book you only get flowers, fungi only mushroom and food. Trees = everything else? I sometimes only want to find materials but I get so much food/mushrooms from it that I spend even more time getting rid of unwanted items.

11. Make a special item/container for large animals like what you did for rabbits/chickens. What if I want to leave for a very long time? Better yet incorporate some ideas from the irrigation mod to auto-feed animals. Eg. Fill barrel full of food and have the system autofeed rabbit hutches every so often. 

12. We know you like to incorporate other mods into your mods but please make sure that after you merge them, it works (potted plants is perfect example). Nothing wrong with asking the community to beta test for you (TIS does this *all* the time and they're the developer!).

We know that you have spent a lot of time on your mod and you have done a great service to the PZ community. We really really appreciate it.

hi everybody, I'm new to the forum.

first of all, thank you for the amazing hydrocraft mod,  but I have bugs to report:

1_ like many other players, potted plants doesn't grow up to the next stage.

2_ I put a full pallet truck in the covered wagon. it is impossible to remove it because the pallet truck is heavier than 50. no other way than building a cellar, and put it in the cellar. but the pallet truck and all the items in are lost.

3_ if you anchor the herbalist table, you cannot schuck corn and add herbal medicine because to do this, the herbalist table has to be in your first inventory.

4_ I confirm what Ppanda said, there is a trouble with solar gen, but he did mistakes:

First, the solar gen doesn't turn off when you leave the area but when you come back. so turn it off and on again when you re back at your area and you won't lose the food in your fridge and freezer.

secondly, the trouble is apparently (it worked for me) caused by other regular generators on your area. remove them out of the area and you won't have this trouble anymore.

just an other word for Ppanda, I disagree with you about building the wagon: it is the ultimate container, it has to be difficult to build it. it is not as long as you think, it taked 2 months for me (time in game):

I had just one corn seed packet, so I planted corn in vanilla plants, grow up, harvest and planted the seeds again until ... 30 plants.

you harvest the 30 plants three times and you have enough seeds with schuck corn too, to oil the 36 planks.

sorry for my english, be sure I do my best.

Edited by pktomus
grammatical correction