Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

7 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Make sure you change the size in the settings to the x2 tileset. Its not that Hydrocraft items are big it is that you have the game tiles that are only x1 sized.

May I ask where to find that option? I've been looking around and haven't seen anything.

Is it a server option or an individual player's options?

Thank you so much for your help

On 4/14/2018 at 9:39 AM, KinaUndead said:

Mods are Book Collection, Book Collection Mechanic, Chip A Stone, Cremation, Electric Lights, Missing Weapon Models (Remastered), and obviously Hydrocraft.

The MP world is the build just before 39.45, updated to it and nothing showed in those areas when searched. I created a new SP world too in 39.45 and same problem persisted.

Now... BEFORE 39.45 I made a SP world and played on it to test it by myself to see if it was worth trying running MP to play with friends, using those very same exact mods I listed above.. I didn't have any issues what so ever, and stuff was spawning fine in those places (they are hot spots for me, I usually hit them in most my games). Not really sure what the difference is other than the fact it updated, none of the mods have been updated either.

These are the areas I searched, stuff didn't show up in cardboard boxes or crates in these places for me (for some reason it did in one room in the back in the place in the first link, the one closest to the back door going north with the shelf in it):

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5195123567271904,0.31685149379242417,274.74110393491856

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5592613911259964,0.290413126996563,228.95091994576546

As far as I know the problem still persists, I haven't tested again since then though I haven't changed anything either so I'm assuming it will.. 

Try disabling all mods except for Hydrocraft then create a new world and see if HC items spawn in. It's possible the 39.45 update broke one of the other mods and somehow HC was also affected. In my world I ventured out to unexplored cells and

found HC items spawning correctly.

You can also try a clean install of the HC mod:

1. Delete the HC mod folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\498441420

2. Login into steam and unsubscribe and resubscribe HC.

Obviously make a backup of any files you changed in HC mod beforehand.

So I am curious to know if it is normal for an object that blocks movement before you pick it up to no longer block movement once you place it back down?

I picked up a desk to move it to block a window and found out the hard way that it stopped blocking movement as a zombie walked right through it.

Are there any objects other than the big dumpsters that block movement, but won't completely block a window like soda machines and large cabinets will?

1 hour ago, Dreacon78 said:

So I am curious to know if it is normal for an object that blocks movement before you pick it up to no longer block movement once you place it back down?

I picked up a desk to move it to block a window and found out the hard way that it stopped blocking movement as a zombie walked right through it.

Are there any objects other than the big dumpsters that block movement, but won't completely block a window like soda machines and large cabinets will?

Yes that is normal and is a base game thing. However Hydrocraft has some barrier items you can use to block things. Also some base game items like crates can block movement too.

Edited by Hydromancerx

3 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Yes that is normal and is a base game thing. However Hydrocraft has some barrier items you can use to block things. Also some base game items like crates can block movement too.

Ahh Ok cool.

Don't suppose I could talk you into giving me a few examples other than the walls that you can build.

I would prefer something that can't be destroyed by the zeds as easy as a wall can be.

Just a quick bug report: in Alchemy.txt line 2016 recipe "Fill Acid Bath With Muriatic Acid" you have a "OnCrate:recipe_hcgetbeaker" line, I think that's supposed to be OnCreate :) You trying to steal our beakers???

Also is Hydrocraft's code available in Github or anything of the sort to send pull requests and patches?

16 hours ago, Dreacon78 said:

Ahh Ok cool.

Don't suppose I could talk you into giving me a few examples other than the walls that you can build.

I would prefer something that can't be destroyed by the zeds as easy as a wall can be.

Well in Hydrocraft you have ...

- Log Barricade

- Barbed Wire Barricade

- Concertina Wire Barricade

-  Sand Bag Barricade

- Log Pillar

- Stone Pillar

- Brick Pillar

You make them as an item and then place them like you were placing a firepit or tent.

2 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Well in Hydrocraft you have ...

- Log Barricade

- Barbed Wire Barricade

- Concertina Wire Barricade

-  Sand Bag Barricade

- Log Pillar

- Stone Pillar

- Brick Pillar

You make them as an item and then place them like you were placing a firepit or tent.

Ahh ok cool.

Thought those would be them, but wasn't sure if I was missing some others.

Thanks for the clarification.

Hi. I'm enjoying Hydrocraft as much as I can these days.

However, some of the bugs I found are really bugging me.

Here's the list of some issues I found during playing hours :

- Water Pump requires Wooden Trough and Empty Well to create, but it doesn't consume them after Water Pump is made.

- Barrel of brewed honey doesn't become Barrel of Mead even after 336 hours or more.

- When you make Small Potted Crop(especially Small Potted Rice), it disappears around 24 to 48 hours in game later.

I don't really think it's because of a crashing between mods, but here's the mods that I installed just in case.

- ORGM

- ORGM silencer mod

- Bedford falls

- Phoenix

- Cheat menu

- Korean patch

And Hydrocraft, of course.

Please check these out and leave a comment for me. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Katty Spears said:

Could anyone of you guys upload Hydrocraft to dropbox (or GoogleDrive & so on) please. I bought Zomboid from GOG so don't have access to that fuc*ingly sluggish steam. Thanks a lot in advance.

https://downloads.tekagis.ca/ProjectZomboidMods/Hydrocraft-v10.0.7z

I always host a copy there for us GOG users ;)

On 4/18/2018 at 9:59 AM, fender62 said:

Hi. I'm enjoying Hydrocraft as much as I can these days.

However, some of the bugs I found are really bugging me.

Here's the list of some issues I found during playing hours :

- Water Pump requires Wooden Trough and Empty Well to create, but it doesn't consume them after Water Pump is made.

- Barrel of brewed honey doesn't become Barrel of Mead even after 336 hours or more.

- When you make Small Potted Crop(especially Small Potted Rice), it disappears around 24 to 48 hours in game later.

I don't really think it's because of a crashing between mods, but here's the mods that I installed just in case.

- ORGM

- ORGM silencer mod

- Bedford falls

- Phoenix

- Cheat menu

- Korean patch

And Hydrocraft, of course.

Please check these out and leave a comment for me. Thank you.

1. The water pump will consume the items if you pick them up. I would force players to pick them all up but not everyone has pack dogs or pack donkeys to hold all those things in their inventory. I am not sure how to fix this since it works one way but not the other.

2. I will have to look into that. Did you encounter this in Single Player or Multiplayer? I have found it takes longer in Multiplayer unless you stay around the barrels 24/7.

3. Disappearing crops hopefully will be fixed next update. I have an updated version of that for next update.

4. Hydrocraft should work fine with ORGM and any map mod. I am told Cheat Menu also works fine. Korean patch I have no idea.

On 4/14/2018 at 9:39 AM, KinaUndead said:

Mods are Book Collection, Book Collection Mechanic, Chip A Stone, Cremation, Electric Lights, Missing Weapon Models (Remastered), and obviously Hydrocraft.

The MP world is the build just before 39.45, updated to it and nothing showed in those areas when searched. I created a new SP world too in 39.45 and same problem persisted.

Now... BEFORE 39.45 I made a SP world and played on it to test it by myself to see if it was worth trying running MP to play with friends, using those very same exact mods I listed above.. I didn't have any issues what so ever, and stuff was spawning fine in those places (they are hot spots for me, I usually hit them in most my games). Not really sure what the difference is other than the fact it updated, none of the mods have been updated either.

These are the areas I searched, stuff didn't show up in cardboard boxes or crates in these places for me (for some reason it did in one room in the back in the place in the first link, the one closest to the back door going north with the shelf in it):

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5195123567271904,0.31685149379242417,274.74110393491856

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5592613911259964,0.290413126996563,228.95091994576546

As far as I know the problem still persists, I haven't tested again since then though I haven't changed anything either so I'm assuming it will.. 

OK, I experienced it for myself in IWBUMS 39.49/50. I went to the same garage/storage units in Muldraugh that you did and saw what you saw.  All the crates and cardboard boxes did not contain HC items. However some of them did contain

ORGM Legacy weapons and ammo.

I think the issue might be specific to garage/storage units.

Hydrocraft v10.1 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Updated Advanced Potted Plants

- Updated Armor Mod

- Hunting cannot be done indoors.

- Fixed fixers

- Fixed male cream cat

- Fixed Jagermsibter

- Fixed eye dropper with potassium permanganate

- Fixed coffee

- Fixed beehive in winter

- Can keep pizza stone

- Fixed Flint Tipped Bow Drill

- Fish Bowls and Fish Tanks can collect Rainwater

- Can recycle and craft Pruning Shears

- Can craft fire suit from more types of clothing

- Fixed making blast furnace with mortar

- Fixed Cordless Drill Art

- Fixed Herbal Medicine for anchored tables

- Fixed Pullout paper recipie

- Fixed empty beaker with water

- Fixed baby food jars

- Can turn unusable wood into charcoal

- Added Jar of Glue and Jar of Wood Glue

- Added Wooden Pulley

- Crossbow and Longbow animation fixed!

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx

@Hydromancerx Hey, was wondering what your current stance is on developing towards the vehicle IWBUMS? Are you waiting for it to go stable before looking into any conflicts in regards to that build, or is that something you have been working on already? Not saying that there are any major conflicts right now, but am curious as to what you're developing towards right now :) 

Edited by iwawa

Hello people i find a bug dont know where to put it and write it here sorry for my bad english

Spoiler

when i unpack HCTentkit and drop it on grownd right click on sleep and i dont sleep it also when you put items in HCTent adn pack it all items desapear i hope this will help bb

5 hours ago, iwawa said:

@Hydromancerx Hey, was wondering what your current stance is on developing towards the vehicle IWBUMS? Are you waiting for it to go stable before looking into any conflicts in regards to that build, or is that something you have been working on already? Not saying that there are any major conflicts right now, but am curious as to what you're developing towards right now :) 

Hydrocraft will not be on IWBUMS because many non-IWBUMS servers depend upon Hydrocraft. I want to make Hydrocraft accessible to as many people as possible and like Doc Holiday said, some servers seem to work fine with Hydrocraft AND IWBUMS. The other main reason is that IWBUMS changes frequently so if i say add a fix for that they might change it . Meaning it is a lot of extra work for nothing. Look at the Smithing system they almost added to the core. It is only a shadow of what they were planning. If i had incorporated everything they developed then I would have had to do a lot of changes when thy removed stuff back out.

As for current developments, honestly nothing. I am semi-aware of what is going on so I can have an idea of what i need to add when it goes on the public branch. Thinking of specifies is just a waste of effort since they could just as easily be like "oh we are not doing the cars anymore" like they did for the smithihng stuff.

Edited by Hydromancerx

10 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Hydrocraft v10.1 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Updated Advanced Potted Plants

- Hunting cannot be done indoors.

- Fixed fixers

- Fixed male cream cat

- Fixed Jagermsibter

- Fixed eye dropper with potassium permanganate

- Fixed coffee

- Fixed beehive in winter

- Can keep pizza stone

- Fixed Flint Tipped Bow Drill

- Fish Bowls and Fish Tanks can collect Rainwater

- Can recycle and craft Pruning Shears

- Can craft fire suit from more types of clothing

- Fixed making blast furnace with mortar

- Fixed Cordless Drill Art

- Fixed Herbal Medicine for anchored tables

- Fixed Pullout paper recipie

- Fixed empty beaker with water

- Fixed baby food jars

- Can turn unusable wood into charcoal

- Added Jar of Glue and Jar of Wood Glue

- Added Wooden Pulley

- Crossbow and Longbow animation fixed!

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

Hi thanks for adding in our suggestions. Just a quick note though, I had to add the recipe 'Make Steel Pruning Shears' to the steelworking book in order to see the new pruning shears recipe. No biggy. Unfortunately,

I still can't make the gardening workshop since I don't have enough flax to make the linen thread to make the linen cloth to make the garden apron. Currently in winter right now so it's taking way too long to forage for it.

Once I can make potted plants I'll let you know if there are any issues with the potted plant changes. Assume everything is fine until then.

2 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Hydrocraft will not be on IWBUMS because many non-IWBUMS servers depend upon Hydrocraft. I want to make Hydrocraft accessible to as many people as possible and like Doc Holiday said, some servers seem to work fine with Hydrocraft AND IWBUMS. The other main reason is that IWBUMS changes frequently so if i say add a fix for that they might change it . Meaning it is a lot of extra work for nothing. Look at the Smithing system they almost added to the core. It is only a shadow of what they were planning. If i had incorporated everything they developed then I would have had to do a lot of changes when thy removed stuff back out.

As for current developments, honestly nothing. I am semi-aware of what is going on so I can have an idea of what i need to add when it goes on the public branch. Thinking of specifies is just a waste of effort since they could just as easily be like "oh we are not doing the cars anymore" like they did for the smithihng stuff.

To be clear, I'm running 41.2. It's unclear(?) if this version will continue to be worked on. 

23 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

Hi thanks for adding in our suggestions. Just a quick note though, I had to add the recipe 'Make Steel Pruning Shears' to the steelworking book in order to see the new pruning shears recipe. No biggy. Unfortunately,

The recipe is not found in the Steelworking Textook. It is found in on of the "Metalworking Monthly" Magazines.