Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

For my own sake, I'm curious about how farming works, because the undeniable wiki isn't properly representative of this, and the in-game crafting isn't clear.

I grinded my way to Farming 10, and I eagerly made some planters to make use of my stockpiled seeds.
I sowed some seeds and it creates a 'small potted lemon tree', which isn't listed on undeniable, and I'm not sure how long it'll grow, whether I have to water it, or how to even water it.
Clearly it can die, because on the in-game crafting menu, 'dead X plant' is clearly a thing, but I'm not sure how they end up dying.

Is there a place I can look to see how long it'll take each plant to grow/how to take care of them till they're at the 'Ready' stage for harvesting?

On a side note, I was running into issues where my small plants would disappear when everyone is logged off the multiplayer server I'm on, but that may be because of the edition we're on (v37.14, which also ends up doubling every Hydrocraft asset in size, but that's not a huge deal)

51 minutes ago, Arcane Thesis said:

Hey Jonno Zomboid (sorry, I'm not sure how to quote properly)

You need to remove the can's label, because while it's called 'Tin Can', that's really just to organize it better in your inventory. The code name is still 'HCTinnedsoupempty' for example.

http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/recipe.php?ID=1073
Perform this recipe and your Tin Cans will become Tincans.

Awesome - will give it a try! Huge thanks :)

It would seem that cigarette cartons are bugged, they use 200 cigarettes to pack a carton but do not give you back 200. I went through the files and found it in herbalism and apparently it's set to only give you back 5 lol.

Apart from that, is it possible to make blue barrels contain gasoline as well? According to the wiki both the regular metal barrel and the blue barrel both seem to be able to hold the same fluids all except for the only exception being gas. I understand that the blue barrel can be found in loot, while the metal one has to be searched through the junk/metal finding recipes but it just doesn't really make any sense that it wouldn't be able to hold gas too, and plus gas cans really aren't that hard to find anyway.

So I was wondering if you are supposed to be able to drop the Pile of Logs that you can make?

I just finished making a pile from logs I had on the ground and now I can't drop it to get rid of the 1k weight of the pile.

Thought to use that to better organize the logs I had, but it isn't letting me drop it to the ground.

1 hour ago, Dreacon78 said:

So I was wondering if you are supposed to be able to drop the Pile of Logs that you can make?

I just finished making a pile from logs I had on the ground and now I can't drop it to get rid of the 1k weight of the pile.

Thought to use that to better organize the logs I had, but it isn't letting me drop it to the ground.

How were you able to hold that much in the first place? It should have dropped it to the ground automatically.

4 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

How were you able to hold that much in the first place? It should have dropped it to the ground automatically.

I was standing by several piles that I had moved and picked up 5 to make the pile and thought it would do the same thing.

Just stayed in my inventory and wouldn't let me drop them until I unstacked them.  Then I could drop them in a group of five.  Am I doing something wrong or should I try to make the stack with the logs on the ground?

So after restarting my steam and the game it seems to be working.  I go to make the stack and it auto places it to the ground.  Not sure what was going on, but my game had been acting weird and laggy before so maybe it just got hung up on itself.  Works now though so....

Edited by Dreacon78

3 hours ago, Dreacon78 said:

I was standing by several piles that I had moved and picked up 5 to make the pile and thought it would do the same thing.

Just stayed in my inventory and wouldn't let me drop them until I unstacked them.  Then I could drop them in a group of five.  Am I doing something wrong or should I try to make the stack with the logs on the ground?

So after restarting my steam and the game it seems to be working.  I go to make the stack and it auto places it to the ground.  Not sure what was going on, but my game had been acting weird and laggy before so maybe it just got hung up on itself.  Works now though so....

When I was messing around on the admin account I had the same thing happen, but that was because it has infinite carry capacity.

It may have just messed up, and if you were standing atop the ground with the other log stack, it may have read that space's capacity as being 1000/50 and forced it into your inventory.

I'm glad restarting fixed that.

So I have been doing a little searching (Google is not being very helpful) and I am having an issue finding an actual definitive listing for the radius that the various generators provide power for.  I am trying to figure out where I will need to place them, and how many I will need to power my base that I am building at the Elementary School in Muldraugh.  If anyone has a link or something that will help me with this I would be extremely grateful.  If there isn't an actual list, if someone could provide me with some info on it ( even guestimations would be cool) I would appreciate that also.

8 hours ago, Dreacon78 said:

So I have been doing a little searching (Google is not being very helpful) and I am having an issue finding an actual definitive listing for the radius that the various generators provide power for.  I am trying to figure out where I will need to place them, and how many I will need to power my base that I am building at the Elementary School in Muldraugh.  If anyone has a link or something that will help me with this I would be extremely grateful.  If there isn't an actual list, if someone could provide me with some info on it ( even guestimations would be cool) I would appreciate that also.

I can say that my solar generator (located at the red circle) covers the entirety of the guest/guard lodge in the Rosewood Prison.

I'm not sure if solar generators have a different radius, but I haven't gotten any lighting in the wallway, but there simply may be no lights there.

electricity.png

1 hour ago, Arcane Thesis said:

I can say that my solar generator (located at the red circle) covers the entirety of the guest/guard lodge in the Rosewood Prison.

I'm not sure if solar generators have a different radius, but I haven't gotten any lighting in the wallway, but there simply may be no lights there.

Thanks for the response.

Have you noticed if there is a vertical limit or is it just a horizontal radius?

Basically, If I put the solar generator on the roof of a multi story building, will it reach the first floor?

3 hours ago, Dreacon78 said:

Thanks for the response.

Have you noticed if there is a vertical limit or is it just a horizontal radius?

Basically, If I put the solar generator on the roof of a multi story building, will it reach the first floor?

Hi I owned a solar generator in a previous game and placed it on either level 3 or level 4 of my base and it was able to reach the first/ground floor. As for your original question, I remember reading a dev's response to someone's question about

the generator coverage. They replied it was 20. Now I don't know remember if if the diameter is 20 or it was the radius. But based on my old base, I think it was 20 units on all sides of the generator/solar generator.  Also if you look at the code

for how the solar generator works (plugin/unplug) you'll see that it uses the generator class, meaning it has the same radius as the generator.

Are you playing on the stable 38.30 branch or IWBUMS branch? I had an issue on 38.30 branch where my solar and normal generators turned off whenever I left the area and whenever I loaded a game. Did that also occur to you?

I'm not that far in on the IWBUMS branch right now but that issue (with normal generators for now) does not appear in the IWBUMS branch.

Edit: Actually the solar generator is still plugged in but there is no power around it. You actually have to unplug/plug it back in for power to work again.

Edited by PPanda0421
Clarify.

1 hour ago, PPanda0421 said:

Hi I owned a solar generator in a previous game and placed it on either level 3 or level 4 of my base and it was able to reach the first/ground floor. As for your original question, I remember reading a dev's response to someone's question about

the generator coverage. They replied it was 20. Now I don't know remember if if the diameter is 20 or it was the radius. But based on my old base, I think it was 20 units on all sides of the generator/solar generator.  Also if you look at the code

for how the solar generator works (plugin/unplug) you'll see that it uses the generator class, meaning it has the same radius as the generator.

Are you playing on the stable 38.30 branch or IWBUMS branch? I had an issue on 38.30 branch where my solar and normal generators turned off whenever I left the area and whenever I loaded a game. Did that also occur to you?

I'm not that far in on the IWBUMS branch right now but that issue (with normal generators for now) does not appear in the IWBUMS branch.

Edit: Actually the solar generator is still plugged in but there is no power around it. You actually have to unplug/plug it back in for power to work again.

I am playing on the current IWBUMS build.  I haven't gotten to the point that I can make a solar generator, I am just trying to get my base laid out in order to utilize them once I can build them.  

So just for my clarification on two points...  20 units is 20 squares or is that measured in a different way?  (new to the game so not up to date on the terms yet)

What file would the code for the generators be under and I can use Notepad++ to view them right?

I have never tried to look at the code for items in this game before so not familiar with the extension I need to use and what files to look at.

Thanks for all the help and information that you all have been providing, I really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Dreacon78 said:

I am playing on the current IWBUMS build.  I haven't gotten to the point that I can make a solar generator, I am just trying to get my base laid out in order to utilize them once I can build them.  

So just for my clarification on two points...  20 units is 20 squares or is that measured in a different way?  (new to the game so not up to date on the terms yet)

What file would the code for the generators be under and I can use Notepad++ to view them right?

I have never tried to look at the code for items in this game before so not familiar with the extension I need to use and what files to look at.

Thanks for all the help and information that you all have been providing, I really appreciate it.

Yes one unit is one square. At that time, 'square' slipped my mind so I just called it unit. I thought about calling it a block but this isn't minecraft.

The modded parts mainly use the lua programming language even though the main language is java I believe. The filename is: solar.lua and yes

you can edit it with Notepad++.

I sometimes edit the files to meet my preferences - mainly minor things though. For instance when I make a pizza I want keep the pizza stone, instead of losing it.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:29 PM, PPanda0421 said:

I sometimes edit the files to meet my preferences - mainly minor things though. For instance when I make a pizza I want keep the pizza stone, instead of losing it.

Don't you get it back when you eat the pizza? I still get it, especially when you can't make one by any means other than scavenging, but it's gone.

I have to say one thing I find frustrating is the things that are created and stockpile from some activities. If I'm gathering flora, I end up finding myself quickly completely encumbered with dozens of tree fieldguides.
If I'm catching bugs, I'm stockpiling dozens of magnifying glasses out of nowhere.
Heck, you can 'open all' with mystery seed packets and just be weighed down with hundreds of seed packets, because each 'open packet' generates another mystery seed packet, meaning if you get two, you are an infinite fount of seeds.
The first one is easily the most frustrating because of how heavy they are.

On 4/9/2018 at 4:59 PM, Dreacon78 said:

Thanks for the response.

Well, it may not be necessary with Panda's response, but yes, I did reach the second floor no problem.

18 hours ago, Arcane Thesis said:

Don't you get it back when you eat the pizza? I still get it, especially when you can't make one by any means other than scavenging, but it's gone.

I have to say one thing I find frustrating is the things that are created and stockpile from some activities. If I'm gathering flora, I end up finding myself quickly completely encumbered with dozens of tree fieldguides.
If I'm catching bugs, I'm stockpiling dozens of magnifying glasses out of nowhere.
Heck, you can 'open all' with mystery seed packets and just be weighed down with hundreds of seed packets, because each 'open packet' generates another mystery seed packet, meaning if you get two, you are an infinite fount of seeds.
The first one is easily the most frustrating because of how heavy they are.

Well, it may not be necessary with Panda's response, but yes, I did reach the second floor no problem.

When you make the pizza it becomes uncooked pizza and you lose the pizza stone. After cooking it you can eat it or cut it with a pizza cutter to get 4 slices of pizza at -25 hunger each slice. I've never seen the pizza stone appear again after these steps. Perhaps I should try just eating the pizza as is after baking it.

From what you're describing it seems like your actions are creating duplicates of the tree fieldguides, magnifying glasses and mystery seed packets! That looks like a bug to me! Whenever I 'Gather Flora' the 3 books are in my inventory and

the only things that appears are their respective foraging items. How are you gathering flora?  Opening multiple mystery seed packets should *not* generate *more* mystery seed packets! Looks like a very game breaking bug lol! Did you modify HC files in any way? Perhaps those modifications results in weird side effects!

I do agree that when you mine, gather flora, catch bugs and forage (normally) you do get a lot of unwanted items encumbering you very fast. Too bad there isn't a way to mine or forage for specific items. Eg. I only want to specifically mine for iron ore or forage for hickory branches.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:03 PM, PPanda0421 said:

When you make the pizza it becomes uncooked pizza and you lose the pizza stone. After cooking it you can eat it or cut it with a pizza cutter to get 4 slices of pizza at -25 hunger each slice. I've never seen the pizza stone appear again after these steps. Perhaps I should try just eating the pizza as is after baking it.

From what you're describing it seems like your actions are creating duplicates of the tree fieldguides, magnifying glasses and mystery seed packets! That looks like a bug to me! Whenever I 'Gather Flora' the 3 books are in my inventory and

the only things that appears are their respective foraging items. How are you gathering flora?  Opening multiple mystery seed packets should *not* generate *more* mystery seed packets! Looks like a very game breaking bug lol! Did you modify HC files in any way? Perhaps those modifications results in weird side effects!

I do agree that when you mine, gather flora, catch bugs and forage (normally) you do get a lot of unwanted items encumbering you very fast. Too bad there isn't a way to mine or forage for specific items. Eg. I only want to specifically mine for iron ore or forage for hickory branches.

I admit, most of my info on the mod has come from the undeniable.info website, and while it's 95% correct, there is still that 5%.

It seems to suggest that much like a bowl or cooking pot, finishing a pizza should produce a pizza stone: http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=HCTastypizzabaked
See the 'When Use Changes Into' section.

The recipes on this website for gather flora, open mystery seed packet or catch bugs also include those objects as the 'guaranteed' result, whereas the varied possibilities are in the 'possible' result section.
I know it sounds like a bug, but everything that's happening to me is described on that website accurately.

1 hour ago, Arcane Thesis said:

I admit, most of my info on the mod has come from the undeniable.info website, and while it's 95% correct, there is still that 5%.

It seems to suggest that much like a bowl or cooking pot, finishing a pizza should produce a pizza stone: http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=HCTastypizzabaked
See the 'When Use Changes Into' section.

The recipes on this website for gather flora, open mystery seed packet or catch bugs also include those objects as the 'guaranteed' result, whereas the varied possibilities are in the 'possible' result section.
I know it sounds like a bug, but everything that's happening to me is described on that website accurately.

Nolan (yeah the same guy who creates all those fantastic mods) updates that website periodically after each HC release. I think all he does is use some kind software to read/parse/import the HC files. So in theory all of the info should

be correct. But that doesn't mean the logic is 100% correct. Think about it, if 1 Mystery Packet can produce an infinite number of mystery packets instantly, why even bother scavenging or killing zombies for them? Mystery packets can contain endgame seeds so

I think getting them all right off the bat can be game-breaking. Of course you do need level 10 farming to plant them though...(which isn't hard to do actually). Ah I remember farming 1000s of zombies just to get that hemp and rice seeds packet. God, that was

frustrating!

Perhaps you can send an IM to Hydro to show him how you get these duplicates so he can fix the issue.

Like I said earlier, I should try finishing the pizza as-is but you get 'more' food when you cut it with a pizza cutter. I don't know all the numbers but you get 4 slices of -25 hunger each after using the pizza cutter. I think the whole pizza is -60 or -70. So you could say that code is missing to give back the pizza stone when you cut the pizza.

19 minutes ago, PPanda0421 said:

Nolan (yeah the same guy who creates all those fantastic mods) updates that website periodically after each HC release. I think all he does is use some kind software to read/parse/import the HC files. So in theory all of the info should

be correct. But that doesn't mean the logic is 100% correct. Think about it, if 1 Mystery Packet can produce an infinite number of mystery packets instantly, why even bother scavenging or killing zombies for them? Mystery packets can contain endgame seeds so

I think getting them all right off the bat can be game-breaking. Of course you do need level 10 farming to plant them though...(which isn't hard to do actually). Ah I remember farming 1000s of zombies just to get that hemp and rice seeds packet. God, that was

frustrating!

Perhaps you can send an IM to Hydro to show him how you get these duplicates so he can fix the issue.

Like I said earlier, I should try finishing the pizza as-is but you get 'more' food when you cut it with a pizza cutter. I don't know all the numbers but you get 4 slices of -25 hunger each after using the pizza cutter. I think the whole pizza is -60 or -70. So you could say that code is missing to give back the pizza stone when you cut the pizza.

I may well do that. What's missing is that the 'cut pizza' recipe producing a pizza stone when you use it, so I suspect that's an oversight.

Unfortunately it looks like the last IWBUMS (39.45) update broke the spawning mechanic for hydrocraft items in storage container facilities in cardboard boxes, wooden crates, dressers, wardrobes etc all except for metal shelves. Before the update I had a game going where it worked fine, now both in MP and SP since update nothing will show up in storage places in any of those except on metal shelves.

Other areas/containers might possibly be effected too but not sure.

Edited by KinaUndead

On 4/10/2018 at 11:53 PM, Arcane Thesis said:

is this on the main branch or IWBUMS? I think the issue might be the thing i fixed a while back that allows you to not have to get a paper back from opening a seed. Now just to make sure please unsubscribe to my mod and then re-subscribe. Incase this is some steam updating bug. Also if anyone else is encountering this please report.

1 hour ago, Hydromancerx said:

is this on the main branch or IWBUMS? I think the issue might be the thing i fixed a while back that allows you to not have to get a paper back from opening a seed. Now just to make sure please unsubscribe to my mod and then re-subscribe. Incase this is some steam updating bug. Also if anyone else is encountering this please report.

The server I'm on is 37.14, I just figured it was a general issue because the site was still displaying that recipe so I thought it was a coding issue of every recipe needing to have some guaranteed result. 

If that's just an issue with an old version of Zomboid/Hydrocraft, then should be no problem. The version also blows up Hydrocraft assets to double size, but I knew that was just a version issue, I didn't know undeniable was out of date too. (I just got really far so I didn't want to lose the server to update, thanks so much for all your hard work, by the way)

hydrocraft scaling.png

8 hours ago, KinaUndead said:

Unfortunately it looks like the last IWBUMS (39.45) update broke the spawning mechanic for hydrocraft items in storage container facilities in cardboard boxes, wooden crates, dressers, wardrobes etc all except for metal shelves. Before the update I had a game going where it worked fine, now both in MP and SP since update nothing will show up in storage places in any of those except on metal shelves.

I wonder if this is related but when I deconstruct some electronics I don't get electrical experience nor the components back. I'm on IWBUMS 39.45 as well.

Ah I'm scared to explore new areas now! Definitely don't want to miss out on rare loot like car batteries or the super ultra rare chainsaw, I have *never* found it ever since Hydro included the mod into HC. I'm also looking for pruning sheers and the garden apron. More rare items. I hope they are not bugged.

20 hours ago, KinaUndead said:

Umm I just created 2 new SP worlds on the IWBUMS (39.45) branch with Hydrocraft, AIZ Enhanced 2 (map mod) and a bunch of other minor mods. In one world I spawned in west point and the other world spawn was in New denver. As far as I can tell the hydrocraft items spawned in those worlds in all the places you spoke of. I even found a chainsaw and pruning sheers in the sheds (*sigh*).

Can you give us more details about your world? Is it MP? What mods do you have? I wonder if the issue is in existing worlds? Need more data...

7 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

Umm I just created 2 new SP worlds on the IWBUMS (39.45) branch with Hydrocraft, AIZ Enhanced 2 (map mod) and a bunch of other minor mods. In one world I spawned in west point and the other world spawn was in New denver. As far as I can tell the hydrocraft items spawned in those worlds in all the places you spoke of. I even found a chainsaw and pruning sheers in the sheds (*sigh*).

Can you give us more details about your world? Is it MP? What mods do you have? I wonder if the issue is in existing worlds? Need more data...

Mods are Book Collection, Book Collection Mechanic, Chip A Stone, Cremation, Electric Lights, Missing Weapon Models (Remastered), and obviously Hydrocraft.

The MP world is the build just before 39.45, updated to it and nothing showed in those areas when searched. I created a new SP world too in 39.45 and same problem persisted.

Now... BEFORE 39.45 I made a SP world and played on it to test it by myself to see if it was worth trying running MP to play with friends, using those very same exact mods I listed above.. I didn't have any issues what so ever, and stuff was spawning fine in those places (they are hot spots for me, I usually hit them in most my games). Not really sure what the difference is other than the fact it updated, none of the mods have been updated either.

These are the areas I searched, stuff didn't show up in cardboard boxes or crates in these places for me (for some reason it did in one room in the back in the place in the first link, the one closest to the back door going north with the shelf in it):

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5195123567271904,0.31685149379242417,274.74110393491856

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5592613911259964,0.290413126996563,228.95091994576546

As far as I know the problem still persists, I haven't tested again since then though I haven't changed anything either so I'm assuming it will.. 

21 hours ago, Arcane Thesis said:

The server I'm on is 37.14, I just figured it was a general issue because the site was still displaying that recipe so I thought it was a coding issue of every recipe needing to have some guaranteed result. 

If that's just an issue with an old version of Zomboid/Hydrocraft, then should be no problem. The version also blows up Hydrocraft assets to double size, but I knew that was just a version issue, I didn't know undeniable was out of date too. (I just got really far so I didn't want to lose the server to update, thanks so much for all your hard work, by the way)

hydrocraft scaling.png

Make sure you change the size in the settings to the x2 tileset. Its not that Hydrocraft items are big it is that you have the game tiles that are only x1 sized.