Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Is there a way to place ladders as climbable objects? I went through the trouble of building up to one and now I fear you cannot :(

If you can't... well, is there a way to create an impenetrable, but infinitely accessible base? I'm using the default sheet ropes, but the paranoia of coming home and the zombies having torn them all down so I can't get back up is strong. Are there other methods of climbing up/down that can't be destroyed? Or are there maybe steel doors, or gates, or something to that effect that zombies can't tear down?

Thank you!

There seems to be a missing parameter:

UseWhileEquipped    =    FALSE,

on a bunch of items that that probably shouldn't deplete when simply equipped in hand.

For instance, the HCHotgluegunfull and HCWeldingset.

Some of the hunting recipes appear to consume your binoculars. I don't think this is intentional, is it?

I also noticed that twice in a row now I have crashed when filling a Cheese Vat

Edited by DeNarr
Not double posting

Looks like this one would since its missing the keep on the HCBinoculars ingredient and the remove RemoveResultItem property is true.

recipe Hunt Animals
    {
    keep HCHuntingblind/HCHuntingblind2,
        HCBinoculars,
        keep HCLongbow,
        HCArrow=3,
        HCBoarpoop/HCPigpoopferal,
        Result:HCBinoculars,
        Time:750.0,
           CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,
        NeedToBeLearn:true,
        Category:Survivalist,
        OnCreate:HCHuntBoar,
        OnGiveXP:HCTrapping_OnGiveXP,
        RemoveResultItem:true,
    }

Edited by JackMods

1 hour ago, DeNarr said:

It was that recipe, yes.

Btw, I know that cooked items disappearing has been an issue for a while now. Is there a workaround I should be using?

For our server, it seems to work if you drag the item from the cooking fire/oven directly to the ground before you attempt to put it in your inventory.

Edited by JackMods

Today I noticed when you use cotton thread it does not return a spindle when you use cotton thread to make a silk rope I'm assuming that's a bug. Need to add the line

OnCreate:recipe_hcspindle3,

to the recipe to make thin rope from cotton thread

recipe Make Thin Rope
    {
    HCCottonthread=3,
    Result:HCRopethin,
    Time:15,
    Category:Weaving,
    }

the linen thread to thin rope and silk thread to thin rope have the same issue

Weaving.txt

By the way thanks again so much for all the work you do on the mod :) I know the majority of our posts are pointing out issues but it's at least in my case because I enjoy this mod so much that I have started to take an active role now in trying to make it better :) Learning what i can about pz modding in order to better help. maybe eventually can figure out how to fix the generator issue :o I always get my electrical up high enough but every time another player leaves the house then returns unless I hook up the power for them or they have managed to get 3 electrical themselves they have to go without electricity :(. I assume whatever coding they did to fix that issue with the base generator after they created the bug with also have to be done for the solar gen just not sure exactly where I'd find what coding they did that fixed the base generator.

We decided to make a few changes to Apiculture on our server that I thought were interesting. There were several things about the current system we didn't like.

• Once you got one stage 1 beehive you could pretty much get infinite Honey with the 1 flower (pretty much any type)=1 honeycomb recipe.
  • This recipe increased to a whopping 1 flower = 4 honeycombs with Stage 3.
  • The recipe was also instant and required no wait time (other than the crafting time).
  • Since the recipe was repeatable with a single hive, there was really no incentive to build more than one.

To solve this we added another layer between the hive and hive with honey. See below.

Apiculture.png.e9ded6beccf4708fe9f7fe18e376ad67.png

With this way there was no more instant honeycomb and it also encouraged having multiple hives. It also allowed us to disable collecting honey in the winter because the "Feed Pollen" recipe would fail to activate the hive between November and February. Pollen is created via herbalism table, tweezers and one of flowers used in the previous harvest honeycomb recipe.

Edited by JackMods
Fixed duplicate image

^ @JackMods nice!

Good morning Hyrdromancer & the community,

I have had a rather lengthy battle creating a laboratory so that I can manufacture my own paint. My built from scratch library (sitting on the east wing of what will become my mansion :)) is ready for decorating. Alas, red paint will only be made into jars at present and the game will not let me paint plastered walls from anything other than a proper paint tin. It is the same with black paint. All other colours can be made into empty paint tins. 

There is probably an easy code fix for this but I'm pretty alien to it.

Could red paint please be included for tins in the next update/patch?

Cheers,

Jonno 

Edited by Jonno Zomboid

On 3/3/2018 at 2:29 PM, JackMods said:

There seems to be a missing parameter:

UseWhileEquipped    =    FALSE,

on a bunch of items that that probably shouldn't deplete when simply equipped in hand.

For instance, the HCHotgluegunfull and HCWeldingset.

Things like the glue gun are drainable items. So they need to deplete. Also some recipes use more than one main item. So having one for the hand dosn't make sense. Unless you are referring to something else I am not understandng.

On 3/11/2018 at 5:04 PM, JackMods said:

We decided to make a few changes to Apiculture on our server that I thought were interesting. There were several things about the current system we didn't like.

• Once you got one stage 1 beehive you could pretty much get infinite Honey with the 1 flower (pretty much any type)=1 honeycomb recipe.
  • This recipe increased to a whopping 1 flower = 4 honeycombs with Stage 3.
  • The recipe was also instant and required no wait time (other than the crafting time).
  • Since the recipe was repeatable with a single hive, there was really no incentive to build more than one.

To solve this we added another layer between the hive and hive with honey. See below.

Apiculture.png.e9ded6beccf4708fe9f7fe18e376ad67.png

With this way there was no more instant honeycomb and it also encouraged having multiple hives. It also allowed us to disable collecting honey in the winter because the "Feed Pollen" recipe would fail to activate the hive between November and February. Pollen is created via herbalism table, tweezers and one of flowers used in the previous harvest honeycomb recipe.

Could you send me these changes?

9 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Things like the glue gun are drainable items. So they need to deplete. Also some recipes use more than one main item. So having one for the hand dosn't make sense. Unless you are referring to something else I am not understandng.

I believe it just means that if you equip the drainable physically in your hand it will drain until it is gone.  AKA charges of the item are constantly used while equipped in primary/secondary slots.  This does not seem to have any effect on whether it drains/depletes or is equipped in hand when used in recipes. In fact most of your drainables already set it to false (see Solder Gun Powered), with only a few missing it. This all stems from people on my server accidentally equipping the items with the missing parameter in their primary slot and noticing that it very quickly depletes all charges for the item.

Notice the base Soap2 drainable recipe. useWhileEquipped is set to false.

http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=Soap2

On the other hand, the flashlight does not have this parameter (which looks like it defaults to true). And it makes sense that it would drain while equipped.

http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=Torch

Edited by JackMods
Tweaked example

Apiculture.png

Hydrocraft v9.9 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Possibly Fixed Solar Gen

- Fixed Disapearing Binoculars

- Fixed Missing Spindles from Thin Rope

- Added Slower Threashing

- Fire Bow Drill Added to Recipies

- Fixed Farmoid Mod

- Commented Out Fire Station loot Spawn

- Removed Arrow Return to Reduce Lag

- Can Recycle Saucepan

- Fixed Clay Cauldron

- Removed Duplicate Armor Recipe

- Fixed Make Hardened Leather

- Can Craft Red and Black Cans of Paint

- Fixed Glue Gun and Welding Set.

- Added Small Curved Shaft, Bow Drill bow, Fire Bow Drill and Flint Tipped Bow Drill

- Added Cobalt Ore, Cobalt Powder, Lapis Lazuli Powder and Azurite Powder

- Added Clay Pipe and Renamed Clay Smoking Pipe

- Added Wooden Tongs, Bone Needle and Venus Figurine

- Added Mechanical Thresher

- Added more chances to get  various XP to recipes.

- Most recipes now make you a little bit hungry when you do them. Its is to not only simulate burning calories when working but to help reduce the abundance of food around by making players eat through their supplies faster. Please give feedback. And don't AFK craft anymore or you will starve yourself to death.

- Added Beehive Changes by JackMods!

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx

5 hours ago, Minnigin said:

My male baby cows are not growing up, been like 2weeks in game, wasn't it like 24 in game hours?

edit : also thanks for the update

Code says 670 hours.

ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCCowmalebaby"] = {};   
ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCCowmalebaby"]["Life"] = 670.0;
ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCCowmalebaby"]["TurnInto"] = "Hydrocraft.HCCowmalehungry";
ItemTimeTrackerMod["HCCowmalebaby"]["ChangeSound"] = "moo2";