Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hydro, just found a weird bug. I just made 72 refined beeswax. I then exited the game. Later I went back in the game and saw the refined beeswax had a broken tag at the end. E.g. 'Refined Beeswax (Broken)' The graphic also has an X in it. This is in the release branch 38.22. Have you seen this?

4 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

The Paper Problem will be fixed next update. Apprently the base game now has a new paper called "SheetPaper2" so i am adding SheetPaper/SheetPaper2, to all my recipes that use paper.

Thanks for looking into it. I'll make that change locally until the next update.

8 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

Hydro, just found a weird bug. I just made 72 refined beeswax. I then exited the game. Later I went back in the game and saw the refined beeswax had a broken tag at the end. E.g. 'Refined Beeswax (Broken)' The graphic also has an X in it. This is in the release branch 38.22. Have you seen this?

I have not seen it personally but I have seen people report other random broken items that make no sense like broken dirt. I have no idea what this new feature is and why it will do that.

As long as we're reporting broken items, I noticed that the feather lure doesn't work for fishing.  You still get the option to fish in the context menu, but then when you try it nothing happens.  Just a little error warning at the bottom-right of the screen.

6 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

I have not seen it personally but I have seen people report other random broken items that make no sense like broken dirt. I have no idea what this new feature is and why it will do that.

The only I things I can think of atm that can be broken are tools and weapons. Perhaps the game thinks refined beeswax is a weapon? Anyhow I'm still able to use the refined beeswax normally so I'm fine with it until we figure out the issue.

Hi how do you install a new glass window? I created the wooden window using the glass pane. I have the wooden window, nails and a hammer in my inventory but there is no option to install the window in the window frame.

Edited by PPanda0421
Fixed naming.

9 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

Just tried it with crowbar in inventory and crowbar as the main weapon. Also tried the wooden window in the inventory and 2ndary. Doesn't work. I still see 'climb through' in the window frame.

What's the crafting menu say?  I remember one of the requirements being a crowbar, but it was the hammer I think to put the window back in.    Have both in your inventory and try with some nails.  I research it tonight.  

5 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

What's the crafting menu say?  I remember one of the requirements being a crowbar, but it was the hammer I think to put the window back in.    Have both in your inventory and try with some nails.  I research it tonight.  

Both are in my inventory and the context menu shows 'climb through' when I select the  window frame.

4 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Make sure you remove the broken window frame first from the hole in the wall.

There is no broken frame. I created the window frame from scratch - wood frame -> level 3 window frame.

28 minutes ago, PPanda0421 said:

Both are in my inventory and the context menu shows 'climb through' when I select the  window frame.

There is no broken frame. I created the window frame from scratch - wood frame -> level 3 window frame.

Don't select the window.  You have to go to the "pickup,place,rotate" menu.  Make sure the window is in your main inventory.  Then select the place option.  

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 3.07.50 PM.png

Edited by Paul Redeker

34 minutes ago, Paul Redeker said:

Don't select the window.  You have to go to the "pickup,place,rotate" menu.  Make sure the window is in your main inventory.  Then select the place option.  

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 3.07.50 PM.png

That did the trick! I guess I am used to HC items not being placeable like normal furniture. Thanks for going out of your way to figure it out! :)

Hydrocraft v9.6 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Paper Recipes

- Added More Compostable Items

- Added Wedge's Hydrocraft Tweaks

- Added Corn Whiskey

- Added Leather Strips, Belt Buckle and Belt Making

- Added 7 New Powders

- Added Shells

- Added Electrolyzer and Tweaked Centrifuge

- Added Lepidolite

- Added 4  New Pet Items

- Added 5 New Clothing Items

- Added Spindle and Spindle Head

- Added 4 New Toys and Toy Making Textbook

- Added 10 New Condiments

- Added Stone Quarry!

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx

3 hours ago, Sotona_13 said:

Hydromancer, hello!

I've build a cellar and after some time have an idea about it

What if you did it as fridge, that don't need power?

There are cold in real cellars at our life and food stores long time in it =)

While idea is good, the implementation is much harder. The Cooler and Ice Chest int theory already do this. However they don't always work. If we could figure out a way for it to work reliably then maybe I would add it to the cellar.

Yeah, I've found some code about HCCooler and HCIceChest in Your mod and tried to implement in cellar same system 
After some experiments I'am really don't know why there are didn't working
Even don't shows context menu on cellar and hand fridges =(

And one more question - maybe made all workbenches, such as Carpentry, Electronics etc. moveable like tables with collision box?

11 hours ago, Zeantra said:

help me out, what can i do to lvl my metalworking skill?  it is currently zero.

thx

Hi!
You can disassemble showers, toilets, metal dress stands, garbage bins and sinks with propane torch and gas mask

Also, metalworking xp can get by craft some items from metalworking and smithing categories