Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

4 hours ago, zerosleepless said:

Could you please fix the link?

I had to rename the downloaded file from "Hydrocraft9.2.b1" to "Hydrocraft9.2.b1.rar" , but even then the file was corrupted. 

Thats because its not a .rar file, its a .b1 file.  You need b1 Archiver  to extract it. 

We're hosting a copy here in .zip format if you don't want to install b1:  https://downloads.tekagis.ca/ProjectZomboidMods/Hydrocraft9.2.zip

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question:

Question about IBCs. I built supports for an IBC and created an "Empty IBC Storage". When I place this into my inventory with a cooking pot full of water, I get the "Pour Into" menu item, but no submenu which would show the Empty IBC Storage. So I can't pour the cooking pot into it. 

Am I missing something?

8 hours ago, Exivus said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question:

Question about IBCs. I built supports for an IBC and created an "Empty IBC Storage". When I place this into my inventory with a cooking pot full of water, I get the "Pour Into" menu item, but no submenu which would show the Empty IBC Storage. So I can't pour the cooking pot into it. 

Am I missing something?

Moderators don't like multiple postings of the same question.  It's a bug from the latest update, to be fixed when build 38 comes out.  95% sure. 

Edited by Paul Redeker

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I'm missing something.

On the solar generator, followed all the steps and "plugged-in" the generator and sat it on the roof of the large warehouse. Don't seem to get any power from it.

On the weight bench, I've tried everything from equipping it, right-clicking in my inventory, right-clicking on ground and can't seem to get it to give me any function.

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I feel like I must be missing something.

It doesn't look like it requires a Gym Towel. I can't find info on a gym towel.

http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/recipe.php?ID=2264

On the Solar Generator, we've tried everything and can't get it to provide power to the building once we've turned off the gas-powered generator. It's listed as "Solar Generator (Plugged-In) and sitting on the roof of the large warehouse. We left it up there for several days to see if it needed charging. Have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in - nothing. We even anchored it.

We've tried turning off the old gas-powered generator and even disconnecting it altogether from the building and still nothing.

Don't know what else to try.

@Exivus I am playing on IWBUMS branch and I also have the solar generator. It does work but there is a range to it. Make sure your appliances are within range. Also I have experienced some kind of appliances limit on the same level. I had 10+ large fridges and 10+ popsicle freezers on the same level. At some point a new one did not working even when I placed it within range of the generator. I placed that same one on a different level and it appeared to work.

As for the Gym Towel, it is new and was recently added to the most recent HC update. I have the Crafter Helper mod which shows recipes attached to an item and the Gym Towel is required for the exercise machines. That undeniable website might not have all recipes updated yet.

Hi guys I am amazed by your mod. I think is really the best one around. 

By the way, I was trying to change the spawn probability of "Hydrocraft.HCDogwhistle" changing the following line 

Original 

table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "Hydrocraft.HCDogwhistle");
    table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 0.1);

Modified

table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, "Hydrocraft.HCDogwhistle");
    table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["crate"].items, 1);

I changed only one number for sake of simplicity and debugging purposes. 

After that, I have errors in the loading of the mod. Simply it does not load.  the lua loader keeps giving errors. 

I then have changed back the number to its original value (0.1), restoring completely the HCLoading.lua. 

Nevertheless, it keeps giving the same errors. You guys have surely more experience than me and could maybe tell me, according to your experience,  what could be the reason of this errors. 

- Does lua loaders follow a certain priority schedule, such as folders, then alphabetic, then time of modification? This could probably explain why it gives the same errors after complete restoration of the code: maybe the modification of the file changes its "modification date" attribute, therefore changing its loading schedule. 

I am wondering if the lua loder follows such a schedule.

I have no other ideas at the moment. 

Thank you in advance,

Francesco

Update: while checking the PZ output in the prompt, I noticed the following error: 

1505157444549 Loading: D:/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/108600/498441420/mods/Hydrocraft/media/lua/client/Sleep/HCSleep.lua
1505157444551 require("Camping/camping") failed

There is no current Camping.lua in the /client folder. As a consequence the hydrocraft tents will not work. (it happened last weekend)

If you don't mind I keep posting stuff that I discover, I hope this can be useful for the apocalipse survivors' community :-D

First off, i just wanna say that i think your mod is friggen sweet, and i love that it is still being updated and supported to this day. One thing that really bothers me though is that hydrocraft disables the crafting of small metal sheets(Vanilla ones), which pretty much completely destroys the mechanical metalworking system. Is this possible to fix? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Harperers said:

First off, i just wanna say that i think your mod is friggen sweet, and i love that it is still being updated and supported to this day. One thing that really bothers me though is that hydrocraft disables the crafting of small metal sheets(Vanilla ones), which pretty much completely destroys the mechanical metalworking system. Is this possible to fix? Thanks!

@Harperers You can 'craft' small metal sheets by cutting up metal sheets with the propane torch and welding mask. Unfortunately you need to be level 4 Metalworking and you need to read the metalworking volume 4 magazine according to 'http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/recipelist.php website  I have level 10 metalworking and I got up to that point by deconstructing all sorts of things like toilets, bathtubs, sinks, garbage cans, large garbage containers (the ones that take up 2 spaces gives lots of experiences), metal counter-tops, metal doors, etc. The only gripe I have about the Hydrocraft system is the high level MW requirements to make certain ingots. For example you need to be level 7 MW to make the constantan ingot which is required to make the thermocouple to make a component of one necessary end-game item.

Hydrocraft v9.3 has been released!

Which includes ...

- New Bug Net Art

- New Art for Spcies

- New Art for Plastic Cups

- Pond now requires Bait Fish

- Fixed Box of Corks Art

- Fix Stack of Periclean Saucers Art

- Fixed Acid Bath

- Fixed Biogas Collector Art Size

- Can make Labels

- Chickens can eat Bird Seed now.

- Fixed Nail Trap Blueprints

- Fixed Scanner name

- Treadmill has new Art

- Added Sake Making

- Added Arc Furnace

- Added Medical Herbs for Bandages

- Added Windmill Blade

- Added Creosote Oil and Treated Plank

- Added Leadcrete Block

- Added Silver Iodite Powder

- Added Vacuum Tube

- Added 5 New Floppy Disks

- Added Invar Rod

- Added Styrofoam Cups

- Added Dried Garlic and Onions

- Added Test Tube Brush Box

- Added Treadmill with Generator

- Added Circular Saw Bade

- Added Chisel Head and Mining Machine with Chisel

- Added 8 Types of Cats, Cat Food and Cat Poop!

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the update.

Would you mind adding this in for the next build? It adds functioning wallets for the base game wallets to hold Hydro money.

Spoiler

module Base
{

/************Functional Wallets************/

item Wallet
    {
        WeightReduction     = 25,
        Weight              = 0.2,
        Type                = Container,
        Capacity            = 2,
        DisplayName        = Wallet,
        Icon                = Wallet_01,
    }

item Wallet2
    {
        Capacity            = 2,
        Icon                = Wallet_02,
    }

item Wallet3
    {
        Capacity            = 2,
        Icon                = Wallet_03,
    }

item Wallet4
    {
        Capacity            = 2,
        Icon                = Wallet_04,
    }

}

Feel free to change the stats to however you deem reasonable.

Edited by RickL

On 9/15/2017 at 8:15 AM, RickL said:

Thanks for the update.

Would you mind adding this in for the next build? It adds functioning wallets for the base game wallets to hold Hydro money.

Reveal hidden contents

module Base
{

/************Functional Wallets************/

item Wallet
    {
        Capacity            = 2,
        Icon                = Wallet_01,
    }

item Wallet2
    {
        Capacity            = 2,
        Icon                = Wallet_02,
    }

item Wallet3
    {
        Capacity            = 2,
        Icon                = Wallet_03,
    }

item Wallet4
    {
        Capacity            = 2,
        Icon                = Wallet_04,
    }

}

Feel free to change the stats to however you deem reasonable.

Hmm. I am resistant to add this only because turning a normal item into a container might "implode" whatever area it is in. Just like past items like the Junkyard which were normal and then a container. Which reset the area. The safer route would be having some sort of "Open Wallet" recipe in which it turns the normal wallets into Hydrocraft wallets. And then gives you a random amount of money. This would avoid implosions.

Ahhh... existing games. Yeah, I generally never last more than a few days before I become zombie feed or another survivor kills me because they want my loot or a follower kills me cause I was bitten, so I start a lot of new games. That's probably why I've never noticed anything odd.

Would it also be possible to add random amounts of money to the base game purse you sometimes find on zombies? Or would it add random amounts to all purses in game?

Hydrocraft v9.4 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Can Recycle More Things

- Can Dismantle More Things

- Smithing Books No Longer Spawn from Random Books

- Fixed Windmill and Blades

- Fixed Arc Furnace

- New Compost Bin Art

- New Conveyor Belt Art

- New Wood Table Art

- Can Recycle and Make Bags

- Can Craft Flour Sack and Rice Sack

- Added Dried Juniper Berry and Fried Lavendar

- Added Spices Cookbook

- Added Driver's Licence

- Added Composter and Spirulina Composter

- Added Styrofoam Ball and Block

- Added Space Blanket

- Added Nylon Cloth and Zipper

- Added Rice Flour

- Added Flour Mash and Whiskey Making

- Added Glass Shards and Rusty Shards

- Added Roulette Table, Slot Machine and Poker Chips

- Wallets and Piggy Banks can be opened for Random Money!

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx