Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hey Hydro! Just want to say thank you for the awesome mod, certainly adds a (mind boggling) ton of stuff for the end game. Also thank you Nolan for the wiki, as I would be lost without it.  I've had this mod for quite some time now, but never really got around to exploring it fully until recently! just wanted to report some Errors I happened to stumble across while looking at the console. (after leaving a game)

Not sure if you know about this or not yet. ^^ Also, Bunch of Berries (Stale and rotten) and Strange Meat (of any kind) can't be composted, I noticed this last week, sorry if this was already fixed, not sure if the strange meat that you get from zombies is meant to not be compostable.

Keep up the great work. :)

Spoiler

1501440368347 ERROR: can't find recipe source "WhiskeyHalf" in recipe "Get Coal"
1501440368348 ERROR: can't find recipe source "DirtyBandage" in recipe "Make Molotov Cocktail"
1501440368350 ERROR: can't find recipe source "DirtyBandage" in recipe "Make Molotov Cocktail"
1501440368352 ERROR: can't find recipe source "Keep BlowTorch" in recipe "Make Advanced Scrap Metal"
1501440368353 ERROR: can't find recipe source "Keep BlowTorch" in recipe "Make Scrap Metal"
1501440368353 WARNING: module "farming" may have forgot to import module Base
1501440368367 ERROR: can't find recipe source "Coffee" in recipe "Brew Irish Coffee"
1501440368369 ERROR: can't find recipe source "Coffee" in recipe "Brew Irish Coffee"
1501440368373 ERROR: can't find recipe source "Coffee" in recipe "Make Monkey Tail Pot"
1501440368377 ERROR: can't find recipe source "Coffee" in recipe "Brew Black Coffee"
1501440368379 ERROR: can't find recipe source "Coffee" in recipe "Brew Black Coffee"
1501440368385 ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCRedfeathers" in recipe "Butcher Carcass"
1501440368387 ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCBluejayfeathers" in recipe "Butcher Carcass"
1501440368390 ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCChristmasshamcasserole" in recipe "Make Christmas Ham"
1501440368392 ERROR: can't find recipe source "Destroy HCChristmashamcasserole" in recipe "Empty Christmas Ham"
1501440368394 ERROR: can't find recipe source "DriedFruit" in recipe "Make Fruit Cake Batter"
1501440368399 ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCBeets" in recipe "Plant Crop"
1501440368402 ERROR: can't find recipe source " Catfish" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368404 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCTadpole" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368405 ERROR: can't find recipe source " DeadBird" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368408 ERROR: can't find recipe source " Egg" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368409 ERROR: can't find recipe source " DeadRat" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368411 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCPigmeat" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368412 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCFreshham" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368415 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCZedsteak" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368416 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCBBQsmallbird" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368418 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCIntestines" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368419 ERROR: can't find recipe source " Dough" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368421 ERROR: can't find recipe source " Burger" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368422 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCCruller" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368424 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCPortobello" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368426 ERROR: can't find recipe source " Corn" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368426 ERROR: can't find recipe source " Apple" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368428 ERROR: can't find recipe source " WatermelonSliced" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368431 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCBunchofberries" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368432 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCGrass" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368434 ERROR: can't find recipe source " Processedcheese" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368435 ERROR: can't find recipe source " OpenBeans" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368436 ERROR: can't find recipe source " HCDogpoop" in recipe "Make Compost"
1501440368439 ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCPlasticforkbox" in recipe "Unbox Plastic Forks"
1501440368440 ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCPlasticforkbox" in recipe "Unbox Plastic Spoons"
1501440368441 ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCPlasticforkbox" in recipe "Unbox Plastic Knives"
1501440368443 ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCPlasticknife" in recipe "Unbox Plastic Knives"
1501440368451 ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCZincmore" in recipe "Mine"
1501440368452 ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCChromite" in recipe "Mine"
1501440368453 ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCZincmore" in recipe "Mine"
1501440368455 ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCChromite" in recipe "Mine"

EDIT: I forgot to mention I am running Antize Weapons,  and Svarogs bags / books (to distinguish the different bags and xp multiplier books) Mods as well. but it doesn't look like anything from those are in this error log.

Edited by GamingStepbyStep
was more specific about the Svarogs mods that I'm using.

I am an artist and video game designer. I have made mods such as Caveman2Cosmos (Civ4) and Hydrocraft (Project Zomboid). I also have made art projects such as the Nauceans and Sagan 4. I have done these for free for over a decade, but after my mother died in April 2017 I need to have a source of income to cover the medical bills and just living. I hope Patreon can be the help i need to keep doing what I love still. If you liked what I have done for Hydrocraft, my other mods, my art or just want to thank me please donate to my Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/Hydromancerx

Please also thank all the others who have contributed to this mod.

Edited by Hydromancerx

• 2 weeks later...

I found a few bugs:

-Recipes that require 2 buckets of concrete will only correctly use 1 bucket, the other will still read as "wooden bucket with concrete", will have full weight but no concrete left.

EDIT: Only appears to affect buckets of concrete used from the ground, buckets in player inventory work correctly

-Couldn't find the recipe for control panel anywhere despite having read all the books, eventually just spawned it in with necroforge

-Solar generator should read as "plugged in"  not  "pluged in"

Edited by quackquackquack
New information

Hey Hydromancer,

Big fan of the mod here, I’ve been using it for the past year or so and it’s totally reinvigorated the game for me! I’ve had an issue with containers on my most recent play through.

I found a female husky and used “attach bags to dog” to make a pack husky.  I then renamed the dog (to “Seska”, in case you’re wondering).  The pack dog worked as expected.  For some reason though, I could not equip any backpack on my back.  Once I renamed the dog back to “Pack Husky (Female)”, the issue was resolved.

However, a little later I added duct tape pouches to a big hiking bag, and again had the problem where I could not equip it on my back, or any other bag in the game world!  I’m at a loss on how to address this, and I’d appreciate any help or suggestions.  Thanks!

@Hydromancerx

How would I go about fixing this problem. I have a great start going but just realized I gimped myself, i'm way out in the woods with most of the needed materials and such to set up locked away in the problem below.

I have a hand dolly weighing nearly at max (I think 200+ on the unequipped item). It is inside a large container which can support it (driving cars mod, military transport). The problem is this; How to pick up the heavy dolly, I can't put it on the ground as 50 is the max, can't access the inside of the dolly while its on the truck..  I'm considering a hack to make a bag to pull it out but is there another way? I think this is an issue with hydrocraft's various containers. The vanilla world is locked to 50 per tile so its always caused the dollys and stuff to be tricky sometimes.

Yeah its not advised to put full containers into other containers. And since cars are also containers they will get stuck in them. Same goes for trying to say put any other container in any other large containers. Such as Hand Dollys stuck in Hand Dollys. The only way to get it back out is to use a cheat mod that allows you to drop things over 50 weight onto the floor.

Note this issue is part base game and part Hydrocraft. The base game just doesn't support large containers which creates the issue when loading them on each other. Normally bags are not big enough in the base game to cause this problem. But i think people like the larger containers more than they hate them getting stuck in each other. So just avoid doing that.

Edited by Hydromancerx

20 hours ago, Berdryn said:

@Hydromancerx

How would I go about fixing this problem. I have a great start going but just realized I gimped myself, i'm way out in the woods with most of the needed materials and such to set up locked away in the problem below.

I have a hand dolly weighing nearly at max (I think 200+ on the unequipped item). It is inside a large container which can support it (driving cars mod, military transport). The problem is this; How to pick up the heavy dolly, I can't put it on the ground as 50 is the max, can't access the inside of the dolly while its on the truck..  I'm considering a hack to make a bag to pull it out but is there another way? I think this is an issue with hydrocraft's various containers. The vanilla world is locked to 50 per tile so its always caused the dollys and stuff to be tricky sometimes.

The only current fix is to download cheat mod and use the infinite carry weight token to remove the overloaded container.   Just put it on the ground and pull out the hand dolly.

On 8/15/2017 at 7:05 AM, Crab_Jitsu said:

Hey Hydromancer,

Big fan of the mod here, I’ve been using it for the past year or so and it’s totally reinvigorated the game for me! I’ve had an issue with containers on my most recent play through.

I found a female husky and used “attach bags to dog” to make a pack husky.  I then renamed the dog (to “Seska”, in case you’re wondering).  The pack dog worked as expected.  For some reason though, I could not equip any backpack on my back.  Once I renamed the dog back to “Pack Husky (Female)”, the issue was resolved.

However, a little later I added duct tape pouches to a big hiking bag, and again had the problem where I could not equip it on my back, or any other bag in the game world!  I’m at a loss on how to address this, and I’d appreciate any help or suggestions.  Thanks!

If you forget to do as Hydromancer said, you can relog in and out of the game and it usually corrects itself.   

Just want to say I love this mod, Hydro. It adds so much depth to the base game, keep up the amazing work! 

Question: Are there plans to add some sort of greenhouse to the game? It seems a bit odd to be able to grow bananas, oranges ect. right in the open, Kentucky is not warm enough for that biz.

28 minutes ago, quackquackquack said:

Question: Are there plans to add some sort of greenhouse to the game? It seems a bit odd to be able to grow bananas, oranges ect. right in the open, Kentucky is not warm enough for that biz.

Yes. If you look in the art thread we have some older x1 art for it. But I need the x2 art if i want to add it now.

8 minutes ago, jinoz said:

I've seen the title "Hydrocraft" plenty of times whenever I'm googling something related to PZ, so in a TL;DR or a single sentence, what's exactly this mod? :o

Fills in so much into the world.  The best way to learn is play with it.  Or watch some videos.  These are old and Hydrocraft has added much since these were created by NOMIS.  I don't know if he's done any newer ones, but this is a great start. 

4 hours ago, jinoz said:

I've seen the title "Hydrocraft" plenty of times whenever I'm googling something related to PZ, so in a TL;DR or a single sentence, what's exactly this mod? :o

" Hydrocraft is a mod based around crafting and filling in the empty world of zomboid with more stuff. It is inspired by survival crafting games like Haven and Hearth. It is very much a WIP and will be tweaked and added onto. Please try it out and let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions/ideas. "

Hydrocraft v9.2 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Weight Bench, Punching Bag and Treadmill

- Tweaked Clay Urn

- New Art for Tombstone and Grave

- New Art for Projector

- New Art for Stack of Cardboard Boxes

- Added 13 Flags on Flagpoles

- Smelting takes longer.

- Hunting Blind has Inventory space.

- Fixed Control Panel

- Potted Grapes give Grape Leaves too