Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

10 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Hey, I just tried to attach bags to my Labrador but it wouldn't let me. I checked the scripts and two of the dogs are listed as Husky (m/f) and no Labradors at all. : / Can I fix this by modding the script or no?

Do you have a rope too? It takes a Dog + 2 Big Hiking Bags + 1 Rope. Also make sure you empty the bags first. So you don't loose anything.

On 11/3/2016 at 0:21 PM, commando110 said:

Any chance for a future update that allows the IBC containers and towers to possibly have a function to be placed in the world as very large capacity rain collectors, possibly with a rain catcher attached and maybe chainable?

Since they are just huge water bottles no. However in the next base game update i hear there will be the ablity for pots and pans to collect water when left out in the rain.

Also making them "anchored" would prevent you from getting water out of them since you need to pick them up to do it.

1 hour ago, Hydromancerx said:

What are you trying to do? Charge batteries or power a base? The Solar Park only works for charging batteries. The Solar Generator only works for powering a base.

Trying to power a base. I plug it in. Set down the lights i have. Add the light bulb. I dont get the option to turn the lights on so i think it might be the generator not acting like a generator

13 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Do you have a rope too? It takes a Dog + 2 Big Hiking Bags + 1 Rope. Also make sure you empty the bags first. So you don't loose anything.

Yes. I have all the ingredients. The crafting menu shows no option for using a Labrador, though it does show 4 options to use huskies.

Also I modified the scripts to have one or the other as a Labrador, but it took no effect on the game (I even started a new campaign to double check).

Untitled.png

21 hours ago, gta111 said:

Trying to power a base. I plug it in. Set down the lights i have. Add the light bulb. I dont get the option to turn the lights on so i think it might be the generator not acting like a generator

Have you tried the same thing with a normal gas generator? I think it might be a base game thing.

9 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Yes. I have all the ingredients. The crafting menu shows no option for using a Labrador, though it does show 4 options to use huskies.

Also I modified the scripts to have one or the other as a Labrador, but it took no effect on the game (I even started a new campaign to double check).

Untitled.png

Oh doh! Yeah they have no art yet. So you cannot make them. Sorry.

On 11/5/2016 at 2:53 PM, Hydromancerx said:

Since they are just huge water bottles no. However in the next base game update i hear there will be the ablity for pots and pans to collect water when left out in the rain.

Also making them "anchored" would prevent you from getting water out of them since you need to pick them up to do it.

I see your point. That would make sense, but what I was suggesting was can a IBC tower water/rain collector be available as a placeable buildable that is separate from the standard IBC Tower and such and make it like the rain collector in buildability and placeablility. But you are right, once the new build gets finalized, the new rain system will make them very viable as rain collectors. I only ask for the possibility of them being a buildable rain collector due to that IBC containers are widely used as a very large capacity rain collectors and would in reality put the barrel/crate water collectors to shame, plus the having to pick them up to use them not only breaks the immersion but also makes it a pain to place them again in the exact same spot for organization and such.

Anybody know how to rise the electrical skill? I have tried disassembly and even with the skill book took ages to get to level 1.

I want to do the Thermocouple witch requires 3 electrical skill.

Edited by nh4no3

2 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo QQ What is this dog good for then?!

Any chance of a near fix on this? I've got three labs now and can't figure how to do anything with them :P

Also this mod completely changes the game, very cool work! Thank you!

Edited by trombonaught

7 hours ago, nh4no3 said:

Anybody know how to rise the electrical skill? I have tried disassembly and even with the skill book took ages to get to level 1.

I want to do the Thermocouple witch requires 3 electrical skill.

Just keep at it. You may need a junkyard and/or metal detector to find more things to dismantle.

Edited by Hydromancerx

Hey Hydro, any chance of making cardboard boxes burnable?  I have piles and piles of them from all the crafting and looting I do, and the only way I have to get rid of them is to put them in a corpse inventory before I turn them into charcoal (VERY cool idea to get rid of corpses, BTW).  Is it possible to add a trait to them so they add burn time to a campfire, similar to what books do?   At least then, all those boxes can help me cook and purify water.  Thanks!

Edited by Mike280

Hey, I was wondering if the "pick up" and "place" feature would be integrated into Hydrocraft. For example, there are cardboard boxes that become furniture items when using "pick up" and are destructible when placed. Also rain barrels are moveable now too, so perhaps the IBS could be a water container like that.

To take it a step further, the mine and junkyards could be changed to be like this as well.

Not sure how much work I'm asking for here, but I think it would be just grand if it worked like this. It'd make you a bit more vulnerable and make you think of where you place these things since they'd be destructible.

22 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Hey, I was wondering if the "pick up" and "place" feature would be integrated into Hydrocraft. For example, there are cardboard boxes that become furniture items when using "pick up" and are destructible when placed. Also rain barrels are moveable now too, so perhaps the IBS could be a water container like that.

To take it a step further, the mine and junkyards could be changed to be like this as well.

Not sure how much work I'm asking for here, but I think it would be just grand if it worked like this. It'd make you a bit more vulnerable and make you think of where you place these things since they'd be destructible.

base game cardboard boxes are like crates while Hydrocraft boxes are like bags. So they don't really translate to each other. However you can set down them anywhere and use them from the floor like a crate.

14 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

base game cardboard boxes are like crates while Hydrocraft boxes are like bags. So they don't really translate to each other. However you can set down them anywhere and use them from the floor like a crate.

I understand. I was just wondering if you would integrate some of the stuff to be like that or not...

Also can anyone tell me to a place that explains the items in the game? I know there's a wiki showing all the items and how to make them, but not how to use them.
(I'd really like to know how to use a solar generator)

Edited by Demonic_Kat

6 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

I understand. I was just wondering if you would integrate some of the stuff to be like that or not...

Also can anyone tell me to a place that explains the items in the game? I know there's a wiki showing all the items and how to make them, but not how to use them.
(I'd really like to know how to use a solar generator)

Once you build it, you install it outside like a normal generator.  You need a screwdriver and the correct electrical level as well.  Then it powers that building and a few others as well depending on how close.  It's got a fairly good size range. 

Where i can find "BETTER SHELTERS AND FARMS" to make the Trellis Kit, I have almost all the book (skill, recipes and entertainment) I'm just missing a few magazines and the one to make the trellist kit... I'm playing on Muldraugh, my base is in the warehouse in the west, the two building close to the  police station. I looted the mini mall (the one with the book store) and almost all the houses... there is a specific place for that book/magazine