Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

20 hours ago, d3adsh0ter said:

Sorry in advance if I posted this in the wrong place, but is there any way to place the IBC towers, and the IBC with supports in the world? It would be a great thing for water storage for farming if you could.

Well they are just BIG water bottles. So you could drop them on the ground and then pick them up when you need water. You can either water plants directly by carrying the whole tower or transfer water from it into another water container such as a watering can.

I tried searching for this and couldn't find anything, so I hope this isn't a repeat.  There's no option to craft a ring mold for steel rings (used in crafting a chain).  I read the book and have all the required materials, but can't create the mold.  Right now, the only option I have to find a chain is the "search junk" and "search for metal" actions.

Greetings,

I was wondering if there was any way to decrease the rarity of the food generated by this mod.

I want to try to play a "hardcore" playthrough starting in winter without power/water, and with very limited supplies. But even with all the rarity settings (Food, weapons, other) on "extremely rare", I seem to quickly find myself swimming in tons of non-perishable food as well as canned and jarred food !

Do you know how I could reduce the amount of stuff (especially food) generated by this mod ?  It would be great.

Thank you

On 15.10.2016 at 6:46 PM, Strelokk said:

Greetings,

I was wondering if there was any way to decrease the rarity of the food generated by this mod.

I want to try to play a "hardcore" playthrough starting in winter without power/water, and with very limited supplies. But even with all the rarity settings (Food, weapons, other) on "extremely rare", I seem to quickly find myself swimming in tons of non-perishable food as well as canned and jarred food !

Do you know how I could reduce the amount of stuff (especially food) generated by this mod ?  It would be great.

Thank you

I've got the same problem. Tried to play hardcore with sprinters and extremely rare loot, but one food store alone could feed me for a year. If hydro manages to nerf the non perishable food spawn, he should nerf rabbit spawn in corn fields, too.

1 hour ago, Helbrecht said:

Do the Raincoats actually work for anyone cause I still get wet when I use them, haven't tried the poncho yet (made from garbage bag)

You won't get soaking wet with them and won't get sick from rain, they work.

HI.

I'm posting here after a brief conversation with Hydromancerx  on the Steam boards.

The problem:

When I right-click an item, the following exception occurs:

-----------------------------------------
STACK TRACE
-----------------------------------------
function: createMenuEntries -- file: ISCompassMenu.lua line # 138
Callframe at: se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker@106cc712
function: createMenu -- file: ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.lua line # 168
function: onRightMouseUp -- file: ISInventoryPane.lua line # 1080
java.lang.RuntimeException: __len not defined for operand
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.luaAssert(KahluaUtil.java:79)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:724)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1672)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)
    at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)
    at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:148)
    at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEventGarbage(LuaEventManager.java:159)
    at zombie.Lua.LuaManager$GlobalObject.triggerEvent(LuaManager.java:1995)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor427.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker.call(MultiLuaJavaInvoker.java:55)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:182)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:983)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)
    at zombie.ui.UIElement.onRightMouseUp(UIElement.java:1143)
    at zombie.ui.UIElement.onRightMouseUp(UIElement.java:1105)
    at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1201)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:583)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1233)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1015)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:177)

Hydromancerx said that this is from the Compass mod and the Author is no longer active.
I've looked at the code and here is the relevant bit:

Zomboid\mods\Hydrocraft\media\lua\client\ISUI\ISCompassMenu.lua :

for i,v in ipairs(clickedItems) do
        local inv = getPlayer():getInventory()
        for i = 1,#v.items do
            local item = v.items[i];

#v.items is the length reference that throws the "java.lang.RuntimeException: __len not defined for operand" exception.

I've looked at some examples online and I've seen people do these menu loops in another way.

It seems to me that something changed in the game where that attribute is no longer available, or the new items are missing this value, I'm not sure.

If someone here who has enough knowledge about the game can comment - I would really appreciate it.

There are some other errors that I'm getting and I'm compelled to look into them, however I'm concerned about having to have "custom" version of the mod on my server, which complicates distribution.

If I ever get to resolve the issues I'm having, can I contribute to update the "main branch" with my fixes?

Hey, Hydro,

I haven't played in a few months, and can't seem to juice fruits and such anymore??  Is there a new cookbook for this?

i should clarify that i can't see the recipies in the cookbook, and my cooking is only lvl 2 right now

Edited by Zeantra

13 hours ago, Zeantra said:

Hey, Hydro,

I haven't played in a few months, and can't seem to juice fruits and such anymore??  Is there a new cookbook for this?

i should clarify that i can't see the recipies in the cookbook, and my cooking is only lvl 2 right now

Yes many food recipes now require specific cookbooks to unlock them.

I have found a small bug in file : HCFire.lua function DoDamage(hBurnType, bBurnType, h, b,  player)

you are not using bProt when you apply the damage to the torso, you check the hProt.

Original:
if bBurnType == 0 then
	player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):AddDamage(5-(5*hProt));
	player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):setBurned();
elseif bBurnType == 1 then
	player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):AddDamage(10-(10*hProt));
elseif bBurnType == 2 then
	player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):AddDamage(15-(15*hProt));
elseif bBurnType == 3 and hBurnType ~= 3 then
	player:setOnFire(true);
end

Change to:

if bBurnType == 0 then
	player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):AddDamage(5-(5*bProt));
elseif bBurnType == 1 then
	player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):AddDamage(10-(10*bProt));
elseif bBurnType == 2 then
	player:getBodyDamage():getBodyPart(BodyPartType.Torso_Upper):AddDamage(15-(15*bProt));
elseif bBurnType == 3 and hBurnType ~= 3 then
	player:setOnFire(true);
end

Edited by nh4no3

I took a little break but since it's Halloween, I figure I would play this again, at least for a short while before taking another break. I like the additions to the game, but I would like to make a small suggestion to add soy beans to the game so  I could make milk and cheese without having to rely on finding a cow or a goat. Not because I want to promote veganism but because I tend to do a lot of scavenging and with the way you have animals set up now, it would suck if I came back to base to find they starved to death because I was too busy outrunning a horde to come back and feed them. Plus, I seem to have crap luck when it comes to finding cow and goat poop let alone using it and coming up empty handed.

Absolutely loving Hydrocraft now that there is a solar generator, thanks for now giving us the ability to have solar power. Makes the game so much better now that my friends and I don't have to rely on a large amount of fuel runs anymore. Any chance for a future update that allows the IBC containers and towers to possibly have a function to be placed in the world as very large capacity rain collectors, possibly with a rain catcher attached and maybe chainable?

48 minutes ago, trombonaught said:

Bug: Extra duct tape pouches

Right clicked to "add pouches" while big hiking bag was still on my back. Resulted in bag being unequipped, and can no longer equip anything on my back (pouches or no).

Any fixes or am I doomed to be the bagless wanderer?

The fix is to log out and log back in.