Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

19 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

You are pushing the hand dolly though. So 50% is plenty.

Wouldn't the fact that you are pushing it instead of carrying it suggest that the weight reduction should be more, and not less? You can carry a fridge by pushing it with a hand dolly, you can't really strap one to your back. Also, mechanics wise, giving up your hand slots is a bigger deal, since you can't use them for weapons.

2 hours ago, DeNarr said:

Wouldn't the fact that you are pushing it instead of carrying it suggest that the weight reduction should be more, and not less? You can carry a fridge by pushing it with a hand dolly, you can't really strap one to your back. Also, mechanics wise, giving up your hand slots is a bigger deal, since you can't use them for weapons.

I think the hand dollies make sense the way they are. Yes you can move a fridge with one, hence the high capacity, however you aren't going to be moving very fast while moving the fridge. I feel they would only have to change it if/when the devs make it so you actually can get injured from being over capacity. The only thing I would like to see is a good way to drop/pickup a hand dolly that already has stuff on it. That would make the fact that you have to use up both your hands not as bad because if you get into trouble you could easily just 'drop' the dolly deal with the problem and then 'pick it up' again.

On 7/30/2016 at 6:00 PM, Last_Man_Standing said:

It really likely isn't. If your first experience with PZ is playing in Hardcore Survival mode with Hydrocraft running, you're probably going to be completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of good resources, marginal resources, raw materials, red-herring items and TFUS (Totally Freaking Useless Stuff, as we call it on our private server) that shows up. You'll go crazy just trying to figure out what to keep...heck I'm a 3- year veteran of Zomboid and on my first playthrough with Hydrocraft my jaw was literally hanging as I ran around trying to grab everything that could be useful. 

Play on easier modes or at least without HC installed for a month or two and come back if the amount of new stuff is frustrating you. I promise you the experience will be a lot more fun and a lot less mind-boggling.

I couldn't stay away from it actually.. The base game felt so bare and It wasn't long until I realized I can't find other mods that add exactly the things that I do want to have in the game. Having Custom Categories helps a little with being overwhelmed but after trying to edit the categories a bit further, it stopped working :) 

1 hour ago, swissheart said:

I couldn't stay away from it actually.. The base game felt so bare and It wasn't long until I realized I can't find other mods that add exactly the things that I do want to have in the game. Having Custom Categories helps a little with being overwhelmed but after trying to edit the categories a bit further, it stopped working :) 

What other categories do you suggest? As i add more I eventually split off to more types. However after awhile there will be too many category tabs!

7 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

What other categories do you suggest? As i add more I eventually split off to more types. However after awhile there will be too many category tabs!

I meant Customized Categories, the mod. It really helps to stay organized when having a lot of stuff. Like I can have all the spices under Food Spices and don't have to return to the spice shelf if I overlooked a bottle in my inventory. 

For the ones I think that you are talking about, I can only suggest making some of the names shorter or getting rid of a category that has few recipes and moving them to General. Or you can move all the categories that you think are less useful more on the right. I'd put Death last :)

2 hours ago, ChrisMcQ said:

Hey, this might have been asked before but how do you create petri dish with biowaste to start off with in the laboratory I went to the undeniable wiki but it keeps going In circles saying everything requires it lol

Do this recipe ...

Cultivate Penicillium

http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/recipe.php?ID=1523

Then wait for them to "rot" into Biowaste after a day or 2.

Edited by Hydromancerx

I tried to "breed rabbits" with a rabbit hutch and the rabbit hutch disappeared. It was my first attempt and it took me a long time to build the rabbit hutch and gather the rabbits so I am sad. :c

I think it might have been because there was stuff on the floor on that tile and there wasn't enough space for the hutch? I don't know.

1 hour ago, psibomber said:

I tried to "breed rabbits" with a rabbit hutch and the rabbit hutch disappeared. It was my first attempt and it took me a long time to build the rabbit hutch and gather the rabbits so I am sad. :c

I think it might have been because there was stuff on the floor on that tile and there wasn't enough space for the hutch? I don't know.

And its not in your inventory?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the problem> It shall be fixed in the next update.

Edited by Hydromancerx

21 hours ago, Leond said:

I think the hand dollies make sense the way they are. Yes you can move a fridge with one, hence the high capacity, however you aren't going to be moving very fast while moving the fridge. I feel they would only have to change it if/when the devs make it so you actually can get injured from being over capacity. The only thing I would like to see is a good way to drop/pickup a hand dolly that already has stuff on it. That would make the fact that you have to use up both your hands not as bad because if you get into trouble you could easily just 'drop' the dolly deal with the problem and then 'pick it up' again.

I haven't checked it out recently, but did they change the absolute weight limit then? Cause I was under the impression that after reduction, you could only hold 50 lbs. So if the dolly only reduces by half, that means that you could only ever carry 100 lbs on it, regardless of its actual capacity. Has that been changed?

7 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

And its not in your inventory?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the problem> It shall be fixed in the next update.

Oh Hydro, you might want to look into the "Sterilize Pot of Bandages" recipe as well if you found the solution to this issue. I remember submitting a bug for it where the pot vanishes under the cooking device and doesn't reappear until re-login or restart server. It MAY be the same sort of error. Just a suggestion. :)

6 hours ago, DeNarr said:

I haven't checked it out recently, but did they change the absolute weight limit then? Cause I was under the impression that after reduction, you could only hold 50 lbs. So if the dolly only reduces by half, that means that you could only ever carry 100 lbs on it, regardless of its actual capacity. Has that been changed?

You can carry the dollies at full weight. You just have to have them equipped before you load them.

20 minutes ago, elbravo said:

Hello everyone, sorry for the question but do you know if the food of hydrocraft have calories and can be used in the system of nutrition?

Sorry for my english

Yes. All the food I've come across that was added by Hydrocraft has nutritional values. (If you take the  "Nutritionist" perk when making a char you can see exactly how much each food item has)

1 hour ago, Elscene said:

Hey Guys,

Is there a way to unanchor or destroy creations like a Kiln?

I was just testing out anchoring, and now i cannot take it off the ground.

No, that is the point of it (for multiplayer)

If in single player, use the cheat menu mod and terraform option to delete or infinite carry to pick up.

Edited by RicoUK

Hydrocraft v7.7 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Updated Trap and Armor Mods

- Removed Makeshift Stampmill

- Sledgehammer Can Make Gravel and Sand

- Fixed Solar Generator Recipe Unlock

- Fixed Coffee Filter Spawning

- Fixed Fir Tree Aging

- Fixed Rabbit Breeding

- Added More Compostable Items

- Tweaked Cultivate Penicillium

- Adjusted Armor Durability

- Added Anchor Tab

- Herbalist Table and Grindstone can now be Anchored

- Can Make Empty Propane Tank

- Tweaked Lab

- Added Iron Wheel, Iron Ring and Iron Pulley

- Added Growable Oak Tree and Birch Tree

- Added Log Stacks

- Added Pot Helm and Copper Armor

- Added Flashlight Mining Hat

- Added Hand Mirror

- Added Shuriken

- Added 13 Car Parts

- Added Kazoo

- Added 20 Silver Rings

- Added Ring Mold

- Added Jewelry Crafting Textbook

- Added 5 Baby items

- Added Toy Block and Toy Caterpillar

- Added Lamp Shade and Craftable Lamp! Is placed like other furniture.

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Can the Electronics Workbench recipe please be fixed? At the moment it is ridiculous because the computer unit depicted in the finished product only needs a mouse and monitor and not the main computer unit itself (all of which are hellishly rare BTW, on the order of MRE pallets) and it doesn't even need a connected generator, so the computer would do nothing at all.

Some spelling errors to be corrected in next version @Hydromancerx:

-Electronics Workbench is spelled incorrectly in quite a few recipes for Engineering etc so they can't be made.

• -"Break Pads" - "Brake Pads"
  • -"Drum Break" - "Brake Drum"

*Dad is a mechanic XD* (Your call on these two for a Find/Replace in the code if the recipes aren't already written. Just me being a grammar Nazi. XD)

Strange Meat cut from zed corpses still always burns just before it's finished cooking. 

QUESTIONS:
-Why does the Katana SCREAM when I kill things with it? :(

-Makeshift Shower is still just a water storage container?

-Is there a plan for making Cotton Swabs Disinfect-able in future?

-Why does the Katana SCREAM when I kill things with it?

Because you are the the Samurai and must yell at your enemy ... plus i left it in from the Tommy Gun Mod. :P

-Makeshift Shower is still just a water storage container?

Yup

You can already make them into bandages.

11 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

You can already make them into bandages.

Oh. Well that's odd. The recipe doesn't show up in the database site at http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=HCQtip...unless it's in the game menus somewhere and I couldn't find it. I'll take a look again tonight. Haven't see anything like it. Will confirm. @Hydromancerx

BUGS:

• Eating 3/4 servings of a Salad (any mixture) and then adding one mroe ingredient to the final 1/4 refreshes the entire "durability" of the Salad and the user is able to eat it another 4 times. Tested item was with Canned Peaches, Cabbage, Beef Jerky  Salt, Mustard and Salsa Verde. Added Canned Peaches to the salad on last 1/4 and it refreshed all 4 charges back to a full salad.

MORE SPELLING:

• "Scavange Shroud" - "Scavenge Shroud" - what is even the purpose of this item? Haven't found anything that even uses it. :(
  • http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=HCWagoncoveredoxen - Isn't "COVERN" supposed to be "COVERED" or is that limitation set by # of characters for simplicity?
  • "Red Poato Seeds Pack" - pretty obvious. :D

QUESTIONS:

• Empty Adhesive Tape - I'm guessing that there's gonna come a point where we're gonna be able to refill these right? A junk item until then?
  • Conveyor Belt - No use yet?
  • Kanthal Heating Coil - No use yet?
  • No secondary use for 'Empty Bird Nest' yet? Maybe a fuel source or break down into X# x Twigs?
  • Pot With Soap - No use yet?

SUGGESTIONS:

Here's a suggestion that my server players have suggested concerning these 2 items and some possible adjustments:

1. Wagon With Oxenhttp://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=HCWagonoxen
  2. Covern(ed) Wagon With Oxenhttp://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=HCWagoncoveredoxen

Seeing that attaching the Cover on the Wagon technically does nothing, not even increase the weight of the item - the covered version is technically useless or just done for aesthetics. There's no benefit in covering it as evidenced by the DB site.

Suggestions from the local community are:

1. COVERED WITH OXEN version protects you from rain and getting wet or at least drenched.
  2. PLAIN (NO COVER) version adds no protection from rain or wet. (current default)
  3. Attaching Oxen to either version increases your movespeed? (or is that a set limitation by the game?)
  4. Plain Covered Wagon/Plain Wagon can use some item weight reduction (not capacity/weight reduction btw) - http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=HCWagoncovered. How is a Wagon with NO oxen the same weight as one with Oxen equipped?
Edited by evankimori