Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

9 minutes ago, utchief said:

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I am disappointed because there was no explanation for what the Solar Park is for (I have a hard time locating what most/any hydrocraft items are for), I assumed that it was intended to replace the generator (which would have been awesome). Instead, it's used to re-charge batteries (as I understand it). This was a VERY difficult build for me and took several real time days to put together, only to find out that it wasn't what I thought it was. By then, the power was off and I wasted time preparing for solar power. So I restarted with a new game.

I do love most of the features in Hydrocraft, but I'm disappointed that there's not much of description about what some items (like solar park) are intended to do...especially since it takes so much work to finally complete one.

I hope you kept the save with your solar park, because by next update it will act as a generator like you thought it would. 

But your right, a lot of things lack a description.  I actually just thought of something we can do about that too. 
#Hydrocraft team, There is an attribute you can put in your item declarations in your scripts .txt files that can act as a description in game when you hover over the item. called Tooltip, I used this with my silencer mod and forgot about it since.  For example:

item Silencer
    {
        Type = WeaponPart,
        DisplayName = Silencer,
        Icon = Silencer,
        Weight = 1,
        MaxRangeModifier = -1,
        RecoilDelayModifier = -1,
        WeightModifier = 1.2,
        MountOn = Pistol; VarmintRifle; HuntingRifle,
        PartType = Canon,
        Tooltip = "Reduces sound radius but Slightly lowers range",
    }

So it works in game, But  I could also adjust the wiki to use this tooltip attribute as a description and display on the item page.

So Its just a matter of identifying what items could use descriptions.  If someone can collect a list of items that could use a description than that would be most of the work done already.

7 hours ago, vanorfeadiel said:

Any plan on allowing digging by hands with Hydrocraft?

The base game allows it but the Hydrocraft mod overlays it.

Hydrocraft should not replace it. I thought the base game took it out. Also not even sure how they even did digging with hands in the first place.

It basically allows you to dig with hands using the same menu that comes up with foraging or digging when you use a trowel.

There is a high chance you will scratch one of your hand and it will be bleeding.

If your hands are injured you can't do it.

Turn off all mods do a quick game and just go outside and dig you will see the option.

Couldn't find the exact nature of the conflict.   Tried comparing and adding the missing code with no impact of in-game digging.

The main difference for now is that in Hydrocraft you can only Dig with the Trowel instead of also being able to dig with the Shovel or with bare hands (with a decent chance of hurting your hands and then not being able to dig until they are healed in the case of Digging with your bare hands).

Hey guys long time no post! I have been playing hydrocraft like crazy though. I was hoping for a bit of info. I fully upgraded my mine to a Dark mine with steam pully. I can not seem to use it to mine though. What is needed? Work gloves? pick ax? What else? I also anchored it if that matters. How do I use it to mine ?

On 2016-07-21 at 7:05 PM, Hydromancerx said:

I have been trying to get Rabbits to "rot" like food. That way you would have to feed them to keep them "fresh". However in tests i dosen't seem to work out on the ground. When it rots it turns into two items Rabbit (Rotten) and Dead Rabbit (Fresh). When what it should do is just turn into Dead Rabbit (Fresh) when it dies of starvation. It will work however if you leave the area. But that means a lot of errors for people who are around their base when the rabbit dies.

Which is better? Having a Buggy Rabbit or an OP Rabbit?

OP Rabbit better. Rabbits are really good at scrounging up their own food btw and breed amazingly fast. they are not terribly unrealistic as is. I humbly suggest to you, oh great one, that Rabbits get balanced by simply making them a way longer action to breed and to require more food to breed them initially. Make it so Rabbits take ten or more of a veggie like you are committing a big batch of food to their warren. Then make breeding a batch of bunnys take a whole 24 hours or more so that you need to be really well fed and watered yourself to undertaking spawning the batch of bunnys, just a humble suggestion though.

On 2016-07-12 at 11:17 PM, Shoobalou said:

So this is a surviving game but there are ridicolous items such asa Blast Furnace and many others that would be something you could reasonably make in an apocalyptic setting. 

Why not redo that whole system and base it around the smelter but instead of using Charcoal to make the Steel ingot you have to use so many coal instead.

Also with the Potted plants i can get some of it but why not with the Apple Tree and stuff make it more like the Fir Tree where its a standing thing in the game to grow and interact with to get apples/bananas etc etc from.

Hydrocraft has so much potential but instead were getting crazier and more convoluted stuff in it.

Plz ignore this guy, he can make his own mod if he hates yours so much. I love it, keep up the good work.

On July 22, 2016 at 0:27 AM, quadrinka4 said:

I don't know why it won't let me remove this quote thing. Y'all may not be able to see it after i post but as i typed this i could see me trying to quote someone i didn't wish to quote. This is for Robshaw mostly.

I have put in over 2300 hours into project zomboid and most of it all being hydrocraft. I enjoy it quite a lot so before you decide to make assumptions know what your saying atleast. I was pointing out for me personally after seeing hydrocraft for a long time a problem i been seeing with the mod. In no way do i hate it. I didn't come up with a solution since everyone in this game likes to create some of the items. 

When i first saw hydrocraft i saw it as a way that the game brought more realism. I really enjoy that factor. The ultimate problem being the OP nature of some of the items which as he stated has attempted to remedy via balancing. 

He has done this. Anchoring of items. Safes. The lowering of the capacity of the Ox cart and changed recipe.

Before the changes to the Oxcart you literally got wrecked by someone who had several in there inventory and took everything.

That is no longer possibly due to the multiple changes to the mod.

A good bit of the more advanced items i find absurd such as blast furnace Recharge station steam hammer large junkyard. 

I don't mind them in the least but i just find it silly a person in an apocalyptic setting would say try to make a blast furnace. 

It takes a great deal of skill to construct one and most of the time what a survivor would probably want is just a smelter to recycle any metals they find and reshape into something more useful. Due to the blast furnace being "So essential" to most players to continue the ladder up on the hydrocrafting list the only fix i can see for this is either a more advanced recipe or to make it an admin spawn only item and for it to be anchored and unmovable item that admin teams place throughout the world. 

The recharging station looks a bit absurd to me. Thats just an art issue. I could see someone making something along these lines to charge things up so this doesnt bug me. Just a simple art change would probably make me happy. To what i don't know just something that visually looks less absurd.

steam hammer cant really think of a fix but it is necessary for a few things. probably just an art change and make it less absurd. I like making rocket launchers so i really don't mind this past it looks kinda silly. 

To reiterate i enjoy hydrocraft an awful bunch just as of late i see more people just sitting in the woods subsisting of there rabbit hutches cows and such and no need to go out into the world to get resources to keep surviving. The hydrocraft items provide effective infinite resource at next to nothing taking away the challenge of surviving. 

Hydrocraft v7.6 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Cure Hemp bud

- Fixed Raw Opium Cooking

- Fixed Blue LED

- Fixed Small Metal Sheets

- Fixed Large Metal Sheets

- Added Money Category

- Added Time Code by Nolan!

- Bath Towel, Dish Towels and Wash Cloths Dry over time.

- Microbes Rot

- Chrysalis Turn into Butterflies

- Silk Moth Eggs and Cocoons Grow

- Beehives Produce Honey over time

- Farm Animals need to be Fed now

- Baby Animals Grow on their own.

- Sheered Sheep and Goats will grow back their Wool after being Sheered

- Cows and Goats need a Rest after Milking.

- Farm Animals need Rest after Breeding.

- Dead and Skinned Animals eventually turn into Animal Skeletons.

- Skinned Corpses eventually turn into Skeletons.

- Fur Trees Grow and Age

- Grape Juice Barrels Age into Wine

- Wine Barrels Age into Vinegar

- Cheese Racks Age Cheese

- Solar Parks Recharge and can recharge Batteries.

- Added Solar Generator (Code By Nolan) which works like a normal Generator but is fueled by the Sun!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Hi. I have problem with this mod in games with friends. So, when my friend created server and added Hydrocraft in the list of mods and started server. Mod wasnt activating. When i trying add mod to my server, mod wasnt activating again. I.e. we didnt see new items and we havent new panels in crafting menu. Help plz, because playing without this mod with friends very boring.

BUG REPORT:

1. In many recipes in the Electrical menu in"Loot Electronic Parts, "Electronics Workbench" has a typo that stops the recipes from working.
    e.g Make Battery Case, Loot Electronic Parts/Scrap.
  2. There's multiple copies of the Metalworking Monthly Magazine but there's a spawn of them that contain NO recipes and the other one teaches the 'Cut Pipe' recipe. Is this a duplication or an intended feature?
  3. Cooking Prepared Corpses (preparing zeds with kitchen Knife) into Skinned Carcass (Fresh Cooked) and then using the Meat Cleaver to chop it up into Strange Meat turns the meat back to Uncooked status.
  4. Strange Meat cooks normally and then at half-bar of completion, it burns immediately with no chance to remove from fire. Burnt Meat still retains Toxic value and is poisonous to eat. Intended? UPDATE 20/7 - The meat multiplies when it's burnt. Put 1 unit into a microwave and it burned before finishing cooking and turned into 20. Wtf. :D
  5. If you make a Hard Boiled Egg (does not require equipment) and then use same egg to make Hard Boiled Egg Salad (requires equipment) without cooking it...resulting salad will be uncookable and read "Dangerous Uncooked" permanently.

SUGGESTION:

1. Can we alter the Makeshift Axe to have the Right-click menu to 'Cut Down Tree' or is that a base game thing that can't be altered?
  2. Can we increase the storage capacity in the Carpenter Bench? I know a lot of the items are crafted FROM it but with the weight of Planks, Logs, Wood Sheets and Beams - it would be a little more convenient? Craft directly from container? :)

QUESTION:

1. Are Crutches of any use yet to assist with Fractures or Broken Legs?
  2. Any planned usage for Skin from Skinned Corpses soon?
  3. Hanging Sand Bag on Punching Bag Hook depletes sand from in bag instead of consuming bag. Working as intended to not consume valuable sandbags?

Would it be possible to make compost an over time action as well?

Maybe something like the current recipe for making compost makes a "compost pile" item and then over time it becomes compost?

Then you could make the composting bin into a storage container to hold the compost.

This would be more realistic and help decrease the time standing around the composting bin "making compost"

6 hours ago, evankimori said:

SUGGESTION:

1. Can we alter the Makeshift Axe to have the Right-click menu to 'Cut Down Tree' or is that a base game thing that can't be altered?
  2. Can we increase the storage capacity in the Carpenter Bench? I know a lot of the items are crafted FROM it but with the weight of Planks, Logs, Wood Sheets and Beams - it would be a little more convenient? Craft directly from container? :)

QUESTION:

1. Are Crutches of any use yet to assist with Fractures or Broken Legs?
  2. Any planned usage for Skin from Skinned Corpses soon?
  3. Hanging Sand Bag on Punching Bag Hook depletes sand from in bag instead of consuming bag. Working as intended to not consume valuable sandbags?

Re: Suggestions

1. I don't know how the menu is done. So  for now no.

2. It has 50 capacity. That seems like plenty.

Re: Questions

1. No it has no medical use currently. Don't even know how to make it help with broken legs.

2. it use to be able to be made into leather but I have gone back and forth on this since zombie skin would be rotten skin and not make the best leather.

3. Hmm. I will have to look into this.

4 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

Such as?

I guess I just can't picture myself weaving baskets or breeding dogs in a zombie apocalypse. Not to even mention Gem Cutting but I haven't played that long, maybe these gems are used for something? And of course I don't need to do any of those things but it is still overwhelming to go through all these hundreds of extra items that I cannot even find use for. 

Don't get me wrong. I like Hydrocraft. I like everything that has to do with food, farming, kitchen, and music. 

On 7/22/2016 at 4:57 PM, nolanri said:
Spoiler

I hope you kept the save with your solar park, because by next update it will act as a generator like you thought it would. 

But your right, a lot of things lack a description.  I actually just thought of something we can do about that too. 
#Hydrocraft team, There is an attribute you can put in your item declarations in your scripts .txt files that can act as a description in game when you hover over the item. called Tooltip, I used this with my silencer mod and forgot about it since.  For example:

item Silencer
    {
        Type = WeaponPart,
        DisplayName = Silencer,
        Icon = Silencer,
        Weight = 1,
        MaxRangeModifier = -1,
        RecoilDelayModifier = -1,
        WeightModifier = 1.2,
        MountOn = Pistol; VarmintRifle; HuntingRifle,
        PartType = Canon,
        Tooltip = "Reduces sound radius but Slightly lowers range",
    }

So it works in game, But  I could also adjust the wiki to use this tooltip attribute as a description and display on the item page.

So Its just a matter of identifying what items could use descriptions.

If someone can collect a list of items that could use a description than that would be most of the work done already.

If nobody else is on this I can start working on it. feel free to let me know what items you wish had a description to them on the wiki and I'll add them to the list.

Personally I would like in game "guides" you could make that gives the description of the recipes in a book.

something like this:

recipe Study Battery Textbook {
        Notebook,
        Keep Pen,
        Keep HCBookbattery
        Result:HCNotesBattery,
        Time:40.0
     }

Then when you use the notebook it's makes a window with descriptions for the items you can make from that book.

My group however has a library in our base so we could easily keep those guides organized not sure if this would be useful for other people especially if it's being added to the wiki