Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hi, 

this mod doesn't work on our server Rushall.it. We played with it since 14/07 morning but then there has been a update.

Now if we install Hydrocraft the servers shows a message that says: The mod version is different from the mod of the workshop.

Sheet metal is really vague.  How do I know what kind of metal the sheet needs to be made from?  The recipes don't specify, but they also clearly only work with one.  For example, I'm trying to make a battery array, and I need 3 "Sheet Metal".   Aluminum doesn't work.

Edited by Millitron

16 minutes ago, Millitron said:

Sheet metal is really vague.  How do I know what kind of metal the sheet needs to be made from?  The recipes don't specify, but they also clearly only work with one.  For example, I'm trying to make a battery array, and I need 3 "Sheet Metal".   Aluminum doesn't work.

recipe Build Battery Array
    {
        SkillRequired:Electricity=6,
        HCCarbattery=8,
        SheetMetal=3,
        HCCoppercablered=2,
        HCCablecopper=2,
        keep HCWeldingmask,
        keep HCWorkgloves,
        HCWeldingset,
    keep HCElectornicsbench,
        CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,
        Result:HCBatteryarray,
        Time:1250,
        Category:Electrical,
        NeedToBeLearn:true,
        CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,
        OnGiveXP:DismantleElectronics_OnGiveXP,
    }

So 3 Medium Sized Sheets of Aluminum. Since that is basically what the base game "SheetMetal" represents. Other sheet metals list their metal by name. Such as Steel Sheet or Large Iron Sheet or Small Copper Sheet.

Hey everyone! Glad to be back on the topic! Sorry about the long AFK, couldn't get the local group to play as often as we'd like. :)

Anyway, back to the testing and bug reports!

BUG REPORT:

1. In many recipes in the Electrical menu in"Loot Electronic Parts, "Electronics Workbench" has a typo that stops the recipes from working.
    e.g Make Battery Case, Loot Electronic Parts/Scrap.
  2. There's multiple copies of the Metalworking Monthly Magazine but there's a spawn of them that contain NO recipes and the other one teaches the 'Cut Pipe' recipe. Is this a duplication or an intended feature?
  3. Cooking Prepared Corpses (preparing zeds with kitchen Knife) into Skinned Carcass (Fresh Cooked) and then using the Meat Cleaver to chop it up into Strange Meat turns the meat back to Uncooked status.
  4. Strange Meat cooks normally and then at half-bar of completion, it burns immediately with no chance to remove from fire. Burnt Meat still retains Toxic value and is poisonous to eat. Intended? UPDATE 20/7 - The meat multiplies when it's burnt. Put 1 unit into a microwave and it burned before finishing cooking and turned into 20. Wtf. :D
  5. If you make a Hard Boiled Egg (does not require equipment) and then use same egg to make Hard Boiled Egg Salad (requires equipment) without cooking it...resulting salad will be uncookable and read "Dangerous Uncooked" permanently.
  6. Hanging Sand Bag on Punching Bag Hook depletes sand from in bag instead of consuming bag. Working as intended to not consume valuable sandbags?

SUGGESTION:

1. Can we alter the Makeshift Axe to have the Right-click menu to 'Cut Down Tree' or is that a base game thing that can't be altered?
  2. Can we increase the storage capacity in the Carpenter Bench? I know a lot of the items are crafted FROM it but with the weight of Planks, Logs, Wood Sheets and Beams - it would be a little more convenient? Craft directly from container? :)

QUESTION:

1. Are Crutches of any use yet to assist with Fractures or Broken Legs?
  2. Any planned usage for Skin from Skinned Corpses soon? :D
Edited by evankimori
Added bug report info.

I can't equip any armor or fire suit, is there a known glitch?

Another one: if you boil rags with a cooking pot on the oven, at the moment you're going to remove them, it simply disappears. It will appear two days later, at the same oven

7 hours ago, Pseudim said:

I can't equip any armor or fire suit, is there a known glitch?

It's not really  a glitch persay. There's no equip system that allows it like clothing right now and SEE the effect so therefore you just gotta equip and keep it in your main window for the benefit. As for the underlying stat change: I can't prove that. Someone else have any proven testing for this?

Another one: if you boil rags with a cooking pot on the oven, at the moment you're going to remove them, it simply disappears. It will appear two days later, at the same oven

That's a normal thing. What happens is that the ejection from the fire surpasses the floor/fire's weight limit on change so therefore it requires a server restart or a logout and login to "fix" it and show it again. It happens with a few Hydrocraft items but the underlying issue hasn't been found yet but that's the simplest answer. :)

19 July - Edit: WHOOPS. I stand corrected. I've reproduced the error. Seems it happens on Campfires but not on Microwaves or stoves for me. Restarting the server or logging out then back in fixes it on SP and MP. The pot appears UNDER or near the fire source. Can we get some more testing on this?

Edited by evankimori

I been thinking about it for a bit on how to make a "zombrex" for this game. It would need level 10 farming to plant the rare plants for it then 10 first aid to make it into a medicine then you need  professional lab to process it which i believe takes level 10 carpentry to make it. Then you would need level 10 electrical to make the device that administers the medication and it gets equipped like armor and stops the zombification. Wish i knew how to code cuz i do it.

also the solar park should be a generator instead of a battery charger.

33 minutes ago, Shoobalou said:

I been thinking about it for a bit on how to make a "zombrex" for this game. It would need level 10 farming to plant the rare plants for it then 10 first aid to make it into a medicine then you need  professional lab to process it which i believe takes level 10 carpentry to make it. Then you would need level 10 electrical to make the device that administers the medication and it gets equipped like armor and stops the zombification. Wish i knew how to code cuz i do it.

also the solar park should be a generator instead of a battery charger.

I totally agree that the solar park should be a generator. The ONLY reason why I decided to go with hydrocraft was because of this. I've been grinding away for days and just completed it only to realize that it isn't what logic dictates it should be. This wouldn't be a problem if there was a clear description for what it was intended to do SOMEWHERE, because I wouldn't have invested so much time on a battery charger. I can't believe I wasted all of that time trying to power my base with solar energy. And it's too late for me to start hoarding gas cans for the generator. This mod is great, but super-disappointing where it counts the most for me.

17 hours ago, utchief said:

I totally agree that the solar park should be a generator. The ONLY reason why I decided to go with hydrocraft was because of this. I've been grinding away for days and just completed it only to realize that it isn't what logic dictates it should be. This wouldn't be a problem if there was a clear description for what it was intended to do SOMEWHERE, because I wouldn't have invested so much time on a battery charger. I can't believe I wasted all of that time trying to power my base with solar energy. And it's too late for me to start hoarding gas cans for the generator. This mod is great, but super-disappointing where it counts the most for me.

Can you elaborate or at least list out what you're disappointed in, with feedback please? :)

We'd like to discuss these things as a community and see if it can be improved or changed if it is it benefits the community at large. 

2 hours ago, evankimori said:

Can you elaborate or at least list out what you're disappointed in, with feedback please? :)

We'd like to discuss these things as a community and see if it can be improved or changed if it is it benefits the community at large. 

Probably someway to have the solar bank be able to run fridges.  Or in combination with batteries or the battery bank.  Or run a combination of things, but battery drainage base on usage.  Which I'm assuming is a lot more code intensive.  

Reducing some of the OP items like the rabbit hutch.  Maybe a limit to production per game day or week. And tie production to another skill, such as farming.  Higher=more production.

I think in general there is so much hydrocraft now, that people would like to see certain items fixed or the OP reduced.  Rather than rushing new content every week.

Regardless, I'm still in the majority that think it's a great mod and essential for long term play ability of the game right now.

Edited by Lord Gonfalon

4 hours ago, Lord Gonfalon said:

Reducing some of the OP items like the rabbit hutch.  Maybe a limit to production per game day or week. And tie production to another skill, such as farming.  Higher=more production.

I have been trying to get Rabbits to "rot" like food. That way you would have to feed them to keep them "fresh". However in tests i dosen't seem to work out on the ground. When it rots it turns into two items Rabbit (Rotten) and Dead Rabbit (Fresh). When what it should do is just turn into Dead Rabbit (Fresh) when it dies of starvation. It will work however if you leave the area. But that means a lot of errors for people who are around their base when the rabbit dies.

Which is better? Having a Buggy Rabbit or an OP Rabbit?

1 hour ago, Shoobalou said:

Hydrocraft as a whole makes it really easy to survive. Why not instead of making the rabbit die make the hutch break after so many uses. 

Well if i did that it would have to be a drainable item. When drainable items are on the ground and you deplete them they do not disappear. This happens to things like bags of Charcoal and Ingot molds when people do not pick them up when doing recipes. So i can either hope people will pick it up OR make the recipe so you HAVE to pick it up to do the recipe. Either way it come back to the same deal as the Rabbits ...

Do you want a Buggy Rabbit Hutch OR an OP Rabbit Hutch?

I think rabbit hutch is fine as it is now Hydromancerx. Maybe doubling breeding "time" might prevent players from mass producing them. Also maybe limit breeding required "food" to only carrots. 

Again, I have no problem with the rabbit hutch, but the idea mentioned in the above may calm the angry public little down.. 

Hydrocraft v7.5 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Metal Sheet

- Fixed Anchored Water Pump

- Can now Anchor Cellar

- Fixed Loot  Electronics Parts

- Reduced Spawning of Pallets of MREs

- 2x Art for Hand Dolly and Push Cart

- Updated Armor Mod, Trap Mod and Safe Mod

- Burglar Occupation can Attempt to Break into Safes

- Added Computer, Desktop Computer, Wooden Table and Floppy Disks

- Can Write Computer Programs at Desktop Computer

- Added Hockey Mask as head armor

- Added 3D Glasses and Magnet

- Added Paper Airplane and Paper Crane

- Added Bioplastic and Resin

- Added Plasma Globe and Van De Graffe Generator

- Added Spirula, Dried Spirula and Fish Tank with Spirula

- Added Spirula Seed and Seed Packet

- Added Concrete Block and Hempcrete Block

- Added Block Mold

- Added 13 NEW Powders.

- Powders can be used to make Ingots.

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Okay so i wanna start with a huge thanks to you and all your team for your awesome work, really, thank to you guys.

And now, there's my problem, i'm playing medic on PZ and i've reach to point where i've got everything to make " Blue Crystal Meth " but i can figure out how i can find a way to make Phenylacetic Acid, i find the way to make Methylamine but i cant get ut of this " circle craft = put Phenylacetic acid in a blue barrel from a metal barrel, put phenylacetic acid from a blue barrel in a metal barrel . . . ".

Is dat some kind of bug or am'i missing something ?

Thanks again guys, waiting for your answer !

What items do I use to actually operate the "Dark Mine w/ Pulley"? I managed to create a Dark Mine and don't know what I items to use to actually go mining in it. The first mine just required a Pick Axe or a Mining Drill, but now neither of them work on the Dark Mine(or Dark Mine w/ Pulley). 

Nevermind, I figured it out. Needed a Mining Helmet.

Edited by Sick Boy

7 hours ago, Anatori said:

Okay so i wanna start with a huge thanks to you and all your team for your awesome work, really, thank to you guys.

And now, there's my problem, i'm playing medic on PZ and i've reach to point where i've got everything to make " Blue Crystal Meth " but i can figure out how i can find a way to make Phenylacetic Acid, i find the way to make Methylamine but i cant get ut of this " circle craft = put Phenylacetic acid in a blue barrel from a metal barrel, put phenylacetic acid from a blue barrel in a metal barrel . . . ".

Is dat some kind of bug or am'i missing something ?

Thanks again guys, waiting for your answer !

You've gotten a lot further than I have even with people doing the retrieving and farming and I still can't get remotely close to making meth. XD

Makes me wonder now what's so great about it, much less getting First Aid so high and doing all the research for the drugs. Enthralling. :D

I have a request as well,  please make a few recipes to help with hording firewood (logs) such as
recipe to pile 5 logs into a small stack of logs. and Recipe to stack 5 small stacks of logs to get one large stack of logs which is a total of 25 logs.

Because hording wood is awful when you can only put 5 logs on the ground in one spot.

these recipies should not require tools or ropes. its not that hard, I spent my entire childhood stacking logs as we had a wood stove. 

On 7/21/2016 at 11:45 AM, evankimori said:

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I am disappointed because there was no explanation for what the Solar Park is for (I have a hard time locating what most/any hydrocraft items are for), I assumed that it was intended to replace the generator (which would have been awesome). Instead, it's used to re-charge batteries (as I understand it). This was a VERY difficult build for me and took several real time days to put together, only to find out that it wasn't what I thought it was. By then, the power was off and I wasted time preparing for solar power. So I restarted with a new game.

I do love most of the features in Hydrocraft, but I'm disappointed that there's not much of description about what some items (like solar park) are intended to do...especially since it takes so much work to finally complete one.