Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

13 hours ago, DeNarr said:

Just to play devil's advocate, wouldn't that just mean that griefers could now just go around dropping anchored items in other peoples places in order to clutter them up and mess with their setups? Since the people who's place it is wouldn't be able to get rid of the anchored items now.

Most take a lot of resources to make so it would be hard for them to do that. But lets say some person wants to spam the map with kilns then at least the admins could remove them and give the person a warning not to do that. That option is a lot better than people taking all the larger items. Which people would want to do more than spam kilns.

Edited by Hydromancerx

9 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Hasn't happened yet on Redboid. Only issue with anchoring objects so far is that the player that anchored it can't pick i t back up it. Changing to an IsoObject (or ISNaturaObject) and saving/querying the owner's name would probably solve that. (The mod data for IsoWorldInventoryObjects isn't saved right now.)

Quite happy with the result. Never made much sense that bandits could just stuff a dozen smelters in their pockets just because they had a cart. If it's a fixed structure in real-life, it probably shouldn't be pocket-able, anyway.

Nice one, Hydro.

Exactly. The only reason they were/are movable is so the player could place them in the right spot. With the anchor method you can place it in the right spot and as long as you don't move you can select "anchor" and it should be in the same exact spot.

" Nice one, Hydro.  -EnigmaGrey"

I will have to fame that. ;)

2 hours ago, Probe1 said:

Feedback/question.

Why don't the new plants use the in place farming system?  The whole insta grow harvest with fertilizer is weird and doesn't really fit the game.

Because making working crops is very difficult. The Farmoid mod plans to add more but they are difficult to code. When they will do i will add more to Hydrocraft.

Edited by Hydromancerx

2 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

Because making working crops is very difficult. The Farmoid mod plan to add more but they are difficult to code.

Interesting, can you elaborate on what makes it challenging?  Farmoid looks pretty dead.

5 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

1. Lack of art since you need it for every stage.

2. The code is beyond my skills. See this thread about it.

3. Still was holding out for Farmoid to come back an carry the burden of this so i can work on other parts of the mod.

Welp.

That's a shame.  The additional crops are very welcome but the additional system to grow them isn't.  It doesn't fit the progress of the game and circumvents the challenges farming presents.  Here's hoping for a solution in the future.

So this is a surviving game but there are ridicolous items such asa Blast Furnace and many others that would be something you could reasonably make in an apocalyptic setting. 

Why not redo that whole system and base it around the smelter but instead of using Charcoal to make the Steel ingot you have to use so many coal instead.

Also with the Potted plants i can get some of it but why not with the Apple Tree and stuff make it more like the Fir Tree where its a standing thing in the game to grow and interact with to get apples/bananas etc etc from.

Hydrocraft has so much potential but instead were getting crazier and more convoluted stuff in it.

8 hours ago, Shoobalou said:

So this is a surviving game but there are ridicolous items such asa Blast Furnace and many others that would be something you could reasonably make in an apocalyptic setting. 

Why not redo that whole system and base it around the smelter but instead of using Charcoal to make the Steel ingot you have to use so many coal instead.

Also with the Potted plants i can get some of it but why not with the Apple Tree and stuff make it more like the Fir Tree where its a standing thing in the game to grow and interact with to get apples/bananas etc etc from.

Hydrocraft has so much potential but instead were getting crazier and more convoluted stuff in it.

I'm sorry, but making a blast furnace is not really that hard to make, especially giving the available resources. Personally if I already had shelter, time, and a food and water supply in a 'real' kind of apocalypses you bet id be making some kind of kiln/furnace to help better my shelter/ all around future. But all so, making steel you do need a decent bit of coal to combine with iron ore to create the alloy due to coals ability to heat up higher than charcoal, that's the idea for in the mod since its harder irl to make steel and you cant use regular coal, Honestly its easier as it is now than it would be if hydro made it more realistic because typically coking coal is used in the production of steel, which creating that is a whole process on its own. The reason coking coal is used is because it has less impurities and residual H2O left inside. Now, when regular coal is used in creating steel it has quite a lot of carbon left in it thus creating whats known as "Pig Iron".. So if you were using regular charcoal to make a bar of "steel" (if you could even call it steel) it would be more brittle than even pig iron, it would turn to dust if you tried to re-heat and meld into shape with a hammer. Lastly about the fruit tree ideas that would be a good idea, we would just need the artwork and the code would be no problem. the potted plants were added in along time ago before the fir trees were ever even thought of, and way before farmoid was added in as well.

If we're complaining about realism, lets start with mining.  Pretty sure any ore in rural Kentucky worth mining has already been mined; I mean the place has been settled for something like 4 centuries.  I HIGHLY doubt you should be finding gold ore.

Another thing that's not so realistic is just how much pack dogs can carry.  I mean if you have organized, a pack dog can carry 57 units.  For comparison, 9 and a half sledge hammers.

I think these things should stay unrealistic because they make the game more fun.

Edited by Millitron

14 hours ago, Shoobalou said:

Because coding for coal and charcoal means i need two of every recipe that uses them. Because charcoal is drainable and coal is not. And even if i made coal drainable you cannot have 2 drainables with a value more than one. Such as i cannot have it require 2 coal OR 2 charcoal I have to have 2 recipes one with 2 coal and one with 2 charcoal. So the way around this is I have the kiln allow you to convert Coal into Charcoal. Thus saving hours of needless coding and making the mod a little less cluttered and smaller. In the in the beginning before charcoal was a base game item I did allow for other fuel sources such as coal and logs. But now all fuel sources convert to charcoal and then the charcoal is used as a standard fuel.

1 hour ago, Millitron said:

If we're complaining about realism, lets start with mining.  Pretty sure any ore in rural Kentucky worth mining has already been mined; I mean the place has been settled for something like 4 centuries.  I HIGHLY doubt you should be finding gold ore.

I think these things should stay unrealistic because they make the game more fun.

There are some places in Kentucky where you can still find gold. But yes most of the ores you find are either not found in Kentucky or have been already heavily mined. And since you can play the game on other maps such as New Denver (Canada) or even fictional places like Bedford Falls. Who is to say those places do not still have abundant ore.

Edited by Hydromancerx

I think that something is wrong with SHEET METAL.

It can be crafted only by dismantling and not by any blacksmith action?

You have recipe for Sheet OF Metal or Small Sheet OF Metal, but not SHEET METAL. Is this intended or did something happen?

I think i remember that it could be made by cutting a Sheet OF Metal in 2 with a blowtorch !?

Anyway, it's required in a lot of places and only to be found or by dismantling is strange.

47 minutes ago, Forager said:

I think that something is wrong with SHEET METAL.

It can be crafted only by dismantling and not by any blacksmith action?

You have recipe for Sheet OF Metal or Small Sheet OF Metal, but not SHEET METAL. Is this intended or did something happen?

I think i remember that it could be made by cutting a Sheet OF Metal in 2 with a blowtorch !?

Anyway, it's required in a lot of places and only to be found or by dismantling is strange.

I am not sure what you mean. There are many types of sheets. Small, Medium and Large. They also come in various metal types such as Steel and Aluminum. The Base game sheets are made of Aluminum.

http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/itemlist.php?SEARCH=sheet&pn=1&wherein=0&cat=0&type=0

Edited by Hydromancerx

1 hour ago, Hydromancerx said:

You should ask Redboid what they do. As i understand it they can remove any weight item.

Cheat menu, Infinite carryweight.     But it in a bag.   Then you can pick up anything.   When you want to put it down, place the Infinite carryweight on the ground and drop the item.  Then pick back up the infinite carryweight.  Voila!

So with the Fir Tree could you not get rid of potted banana tree/any of the trees and create them as a tree we cn grow and interact in a different way. To me it doesnt make much sense to have potted trees really for ever and would be pretty cool to grow them.

Hydrocraft v7.4 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Fixed Emerald and Ruby

- Fixed Anchored Smelter, Blast Furnace and Anvil

- 2x Textures for Pellet of Red Bricks, Pallet of Grey Bricks, Pallet of Lumber, Blue Barrel, Metal Barrel, Well and Wooden Pallet.

- Armor Durability Reduced to Help Balance.

- Popsicles now give Sticks when consumed.

- Added Titanium Sheets and Rod

- Added Titanium Smithy Hammer

- Added Titanium Hinge

- Added Macator

- Added Bubble Wrap Armor, Bubble Wrap Arm Guard and Bubble Wrap Leg Guards.

- Added 14 NEW Minerals

- Added Gem Cutter Wheel and Gem Cutting Textbook

- Added 19 Cut Gems

- Added Lock Crafting Mod By Nolan at Agressive Gaming

- Added Safe Storage Mod By Nolan at Aggressive Gaming

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx

22 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

I am not sure what you mean. There are many types of sheets. Small, Medium and Large. They also come in various metal types such as Steel and Aluminum. The Base game sheets are made of Aluminum.

http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/itemlist.php?SEARCH=sheet&pn=1&wherein=0&cat=0&type=0

I'm talking about this : http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=SheetMetal

On the recipe you get : SMALL sheet OF metal (I'm capitalizing the differences) but not SHEET METAL - this simple is the name of the item i look for creating :)

2 hours ago, Forager said:

I'm talking about this : http://undeniable.info/pz/wiki/item.php?Name=SheetMetal

On the recipe you get : SMALL sheet OF metal (I'm capitalizing the differences) but not SHEET METAL - this simple is the name of the item i look for creating :)

Ok its a little confusing but i will try to explain. The recipe "Make Sheet of Metal" is used for all types of "medium" sized metal sheets. Be it copper, iron, steel, aluminum, etc.  Most sheets are called like Copper Sheet or Iron Sheet or Steel Sheet. However the Aluminum Sheet is not called that but instead is called Sheet Metal. And uses the base game item.

Sheet Metal can be found by looting or dismantling. It also can be made with Aluminum Ingots. Or Welding together Small Sheet of Metal (which is made of made of Aluminum). Or Cutting Large Sheet of Metal (also made of Aluminum).

Edited by Hydromancerx

2 hours ago, Millitron said:

Has something changed about breeding chickens?

I just finally found a chicken egg, incubated it, but instead of getting a chick, I get an "egg".  The food item kind.  I can't figure out how to get it to hatch.

It's what you get when you fail to incubate an egg. Basically a "dud egg".