Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

10 hours ago, prometheus0304 said:

A quick question. I saw a picture of "Wooden Spike Fences" that fence off zombies on steam workshop. But, I cannot find the recipe in the wiki. What is it called? and, under which categories? Thought it will be in carpentry, but I only see plank barrier, which I supposed is not for fencing.

Its currently not working. So the recipe was taken out. Sorry.

54 minutes ago, Lord Gonfalon said:

So are they sledge able or destroyable now?. /Bandits gotta bandit. Peeps may not be able to carry it but they could sure damn break it. And if it's sledgeable...That's less room for ammo and weapons.

What is "they"? Traps? Anchored Items?

10 minutes ago, quackquackquack said:

When I use wooden bucket w/ concrete on certain recipes, I'm left with a wooden bucket w/ concrete that has an empty green meter and weighs 10, instead of just a wooden bucket.

Do no leave the buckets on the ground for recipes. The same goes for any other "drainable" item such as bags of charcoal, ingot molds, etc. When doing crafting from the floor it exposes a bug in the game where the drianable never disappears. Best way never to have this happen is to have those items in your inventory when crafting.

46 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

Currently no. I have not decided if i should allow it or not. Since it just is an opportunity for griefing.

Word. There are 2 sides of the argument. I do like the ability of indestructible, unmoveable hydro basics.  That allows players to build a community for new players on a harder world so they can sustain new players to a server, or gives incentive for said players to gain the skills to do the basics without fear of their stuff being stolen.

Edited by Lord Gonfalon

6 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Do no leave the buckets on the ground for recipes. The same goes for any other "drainable" item such as bags of charcoal, ingot molds, etc. When doing crafting from the floor it exposes a bug in the game where the drianable never disappears. Best way never to have this happen is to have those items in your inventory when crafting.

Thanks for the tip!

Hi, I hope to be in the right section. Problem for build wagon. When makes oil planks for wagon, wooden trough with vegetable oils and 8 planks must be kept in inventory. if left on the ground wooden trough not fully drain forcing you to build another. In any case I really appreciated the new difficulty of this crafting. Hard times for thieves finally!!

Edited by Emil"KiD"Ge

6 hours ago, Emil"KiD"Ge said:

Hi, I hope to be in the right section. Problem for build wagon. When makes oil planks for wagon, wooden trough with vegetable oils and 8 planks must be kept in inventory. if left on the ground wooden trough not fully drain forcing you to build another. In any case I really appreciated the new difficulty of this crafting. Hard times for thieves finally!!

I may redo the trough so it doesn't have to be picked up. But it also means it will not longer be drainable if i do. It would mean that you would need a bucket of oil every time you did a plank.

On 7/8/2016 at 4:02 PM, Hydromancerx said:

Currently no. I have not decided if i should allow it or not. Since it just is an opportunity for griefing.

Just to play devil's advocate, wouldn't that just mean that griefers could now just go around dropping anchored items in other peoples places in order to clutter them up and mess with their setups? Since the people who's place it is wouldn't be able to get rid of the anchored items now.

3 hours ago, DeNarr said:

Just to play devil's advocate, wouldn't that just mean that griefers could now just go around dropping anchored items in other peoples places in order to clutter them up and mess with their setups? Since the people who's place it is wouldn't be able to get rid of the anchored items now.

Admins can still pick them up.  So that fixes that.  The ability for bandits online needs to remain though.  But there should be some major penalty to destroying it.  Or make it heavy enough that only someone with a cart could carry 1.    Just like with the safes.  Should be hard to make, key only (to make them valuable) and not a large capacity.  Make it combo and it turns servers in PvE.  It's the apocalypse.  There needs to be consequences.  But not easy enough to grief with impunity. 

3 hours ago, DeNarr said:

Hasn't happened yet on Redboid. Only issue with anchoring objects so far is that the player that anchored it can't pick i t back up it. Changing to an IsoObject (or ISNaturaObject) and saving/querying the owner's name would probably solve that. (The mod data for IsoWorldInventoryObjects isn't saved right now.)

Quite happy with the result. Never made much sense that bandits could just stuff a dozen smelters in their pockets just because they had a cart. If it's a fixed structure in real-life, it probably shouldn't be pocket-able, anyway.

Nice one, Hydro.