Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

2 hours ago, MythicWaffle said:

Good grief, that's a slim chance. I guess that'll have to do, since I can't seem to figure out how the console commands work. I have no qualms about being a filthy cheater if it'll save me several hours of grinding. I don't suppose you have any advice on that?

Nope sorry I'm replaying this mod after a loooong time without even playing Zomboid at all, I didn't even know this game had cremation for corpses or ALICE packs, now we're on the same boat I need a wild beehive to build a proper "beefarm" so I'm leveling foraging and hoping, especially since it can only be foraged at level 10 (a bit too much if you ask me).

Good things about this mod, once you reach certain "curve" you can have a prosperous base... problem is all the stuff you have to build/gather, there are so many different things... there should be a way to round down the huge amount of structures needed, I have a tiny base and its almost full with the furnace, smelter, tanning rack, alchemy table, carpentry table, sawbuck and the crates you have to build close to them to keep things needed to operate them. I'll pray with you for a chain lol.

Of course this is a noob singleplayer gameplay, this mod is obviously made to coop with 2 or 3 mates and divide the workload :D

5 hours ago, Torres said:

Nope sorry I'm replaying this mod after a loooong time without even playing Zomboid at all, I didn't even know this game had cremation for corpses or ALICE packs, now we're on the same boat I need a wild beehive to build a proper "beefarm" so I'm leveling foraging and hoping, especially since it can only be foraged at level 10 (a bit too much if you ask me).

Good things about this mod, once you reach certain "curve" you can have a prosperous base... problem is all the stuff you have to build/gather, there are so many different things... there should be a way to round down the huge amount of structures needed, I have a tiny base and its almost full with the furnace, smelter, tanning rack, alchemy table, carpentry table, sawbuck and the crates you have to build close to them to keep things needed to operate them. I'll pray with you for a chain lol.

Of course this is a noob singleplayer gameplay, this mod is obviously made to coop with 2 or 3 mates and divide the workload :D

Hydrocraft is heavily dependent on foraging, so you should probably put a couple of points in the character creation screen. It's easy to get to level 10 if you do, I go out and before I have a chance to fill a bag with foraging stuff, I need to head back to read another foraging book.

The mod can be a bit confusing since it changes so much, as does the vanilla game. I usually try to rush the largest water container that I can get before the shut off (I really hate having to clean water and I save my tablets for emergency use), the well or anything else I can find. All the while leveling up my farming skill by doing cabbages and  leveling foraging whenever I have the time so I can get some animals to produce milk for butter.  After that you just need leather to craft the apron or just luck out and get the fire suit. 

After that you should be set up to where you can do all the other stuff fairly easy. 

As for the base, I set up in west point above the hardware store and expand below after getting the washing machines from the laundromat to block any entry point.  There's room for all my smelting crafting stations inside the hardware store and I use the apartment above the restaurant for my electronics and weapons storage. 

Edited by asval

I'd love if there be a formula for high stamina/strenght characters so they could mine/forage/do tasks for longer times wihout exerting themselves as much. I wanted to check and made a cheat guy with almost 10 strengh and stamina (almost the paragon of human resistance in RPG terms, marathon runners, climbers, that'd be around 7) but my guy just gets tired so easily :(

Loving this mod and bit by bit getting used to all the stuff it comes with, can someone tell me how to cremate bodies? hydro said there was cremation but all I can find is the "recipe" to throw a zombie in a barrel of acid.

EDIT: Please and thanks, forgot to be polite o.o

Edited by Torres

Just a quick question about destroying items. Do we still need to burn zombie bodies to dispose of items? Is there a way to make trash bags or boxes with miscellaneous crap? I wish I can just throw stuff in the river and be done with it. But nope. just have a bunch of crates full of trash. 

Edit: Even despawn an item, using necroforge or hydrocraft? 

Edited by a.bashinskiy@yahoo.com

4 minutes ago, a.bashinskiy@yahoo.com said:

Just a quick question about destroying items. Do we still need to burn zombie bodies to dispose of items? Is there a way to make trash bags or boxes with miscellaneous crap? I wish I can just throw stuff in the river and be done with it. But nope. just have a bunch of crates full of trash. 

Edit: Even despawn an item, using necroforge or hydrocraft? 

If you have strong self control, you can download the Cheater Menu mod from the Steam workshop. It has a feature that lets you delete objects from a tile. So, you put all your garbage in a crate, and delete it. Poof, no clutter. It's mostly geared around cheating though, so you'd have to keep yourself honest and not use all the other stuff.

Here's a link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=499795221&searchtext=cheat

15 minutes ago, Torres said:

I'd love if there be a formula for high stamina/strenght characters so they could mine/forage/do tasks for longer times wihout exerting themselves as much. I wanted to check and made a cheat guy with almost 10 strengh and stamina (almost the paragon of human resistance in RPG terms, marathon runners, climbers, that'd be around 7) but my guy just gets tired so easily :(

Loving this mod and bit by bit getting used to all the stuff it comes with, can someone tell me how to cremate bodies? hydro said there was cremation but all I can find is the "recipe" to throw a zombie in a barrel of acid.

EDIT: Please and thanks, forgot to be polite o.o

Put the Corpses in the Kiln and then it turns into a bag of Charcoal.

16 minutes ago, MythicWaffle said:

If you have strong self control, you can download the Cheater Menu mod from the Steam workshop. It has a feature that lets you delete objects from a tile. So, you put all your garbage in a crate, and delete it. Poof, no clutter. It's mostly geared around cheating though, so you'd have to keep yourself honest and not use all the other stuff.

Here's a link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=499795221&searchtext=cheat

Cool I'll try it out! I was going to complain about it being used by other players but its my server and I can use it for myself! WOOT

Hydromancerx

Update translation into Russian language...

RU v6.3+.zip

a.bashinskiy@yahoo

What prevents you to put garbage in the bodies and make them coal?

A large amount of waste can also be incinerated and get charcoal out of it... look carefully the crafting recipes. Go discuss the problem of garbage in private messages... fluder! Enough already!

Edited by Nebula

1 hour ago, MythicWaffle said:

SO i'm trying this out and my problem is the stuff I delete comes back after a little while... Trees and dirt and everything. 

tradingpost_zpsz84drnz3.jpg

Hydrocraft v6.4 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Tweaked Solar Power Array

- Tweaked Tredmill

- Tweaked Punching Bag

- Tweaked Weight Bench

- Fixed Recharge 9 Volt Battery

- Fixed Recycle Steel Rods

- Added Fire Hose and Fire Hose Nozzle

- Added Lumber Saw and Pruning Sheers

- Added Potted Ginger and Potted Rice

- Added Sphygmomanometer.

- Added Photograph, Sheet Music, Violin and Cow Bell

- Added Trading Post! (Admin Spawn Only!) Spawn a HCTradingcone and place it on the ground. Then walk up to it and do the "Build Trading Post" recipe. And Poof! A an immovable trading post. Note admins can pick it up but never drop it. So you must use the "cone" method first. Trading post sells 20 basic items using American money. The money can be found on Zombies. This is ment to help new player o multiplayer server. Please give feedback so i can balance it more!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Hey Hydro! All very bad! The problem with doubling the items!
Full metal barrel fuel. Gives when merging in cans of two cans of fuel and an empty metal barrel (in the inventory). And on the surface there is a metal barrel full of fuel. We get infinite fuel!

Yes. And another thing...
It is possible to increase the capacity of the barrel? Unlikely to fill up that barrel in just two canisters of... them back in my life 10 minimum will be included. :)

One to pour and drain the can somehow?

p/s/

With this ratio the 2 cans on a barrel makes no sense in these barrels. It is necessary that one barrel was placed 7-8 cans. Then in my mind it makes sense to make them.

Edited by Nebula

lol never mind on the compost, I knew that there was some reason why I was keeping all those recipe books in my home, it was in case I upgraded and needed to reread a book. 

Also I filled plastic containers with methanol and can't seem to do anything with them, at least not reverting them into glass containers and the glass containers where consumed in the process. This was on an older version of your mod so I don't know if it still consumes the glass containers. 

Edited by asval

Hi !

First, thank you for this amazing mod!

It changes (in good) this game.

I have a question. I have with your mod "Let me speak!" which allow to use command in singleplayer game.

I'm trying to make the Trading post cone to spawn.
I have tried : /additem Hydrocraft.HCTradingcone   without success. (i also tried to spawn HCArrow for testing, but it seems i'm not able to make spawn any item from your mod.

Anyone have an idea ?

Thank in advance for any help!

Question, I found a Blue Barrel with Phenylacetic Acid, is it possible to empty it somehow and refill it with gasoline? It doesn't give any option to empty it directly, but I was thinking is there anything way I can transfer the Phenylacetic Acid out of the Blue Barrel and into something else?

If this was already answered, or the answer is out there and I missed it.. I apologize for my negligence.

Edited by UNseenHUNTER615

11 hours ago, gta111 said:

When i put something on the ground it is really small, is this a bug? :) 

Are you on IWBUMS? If so everything is half size compared to the new graphics.

15 hours ago, MrFootman said:

Hi !

First, thank you for this amazing mod!

It changes (in good) this game.

I have a question. I have with your mod "Let me speak!" which allow to use command in singleplayer game.

I'm trying to make the Trading post cone to spawn.
I have tried : /additem Hydrocraft.HCTradingcone   without success. (i also tried to spawn HCArrow for testing, but it seems i'm not able to make spawn any item from your mod.

Anyone have an idea ?

Thank in advance for any help!

I am not sure for that mod. That is the correct item tag. Should work for multiplayer though.

Am I missing something with the mining drill, or is it broken? I assembled it, added a battery and went to try and mine and it wouldn't let me. Went back and got a spade and started mining and boom dead mining drill instantly. Okay... Maybe it speeds up the process? I take a quick mental note of how fast it's progressing, drop the drill and start mining again: if there is a difference it's not large enough to be noticible.

Seems broke man.

EDIT: and if you remove the battery from a "mining drill with power" you get a dead battery back even when it's fully charged.

EDIT#2: I just remembered something else I saw that was bugging me: dumping containers out does not completely empty them. I emptied a plastic container of soap on the floor and it lost maybe 25% of its contents and I can no longer empty it on the floor.

Edited by zomboid123

1 hour ago, Nebula said:

Hydromancerx, you bug with your mod not interested at all? You have items in the mod are endless!

Pay attention!

Just tested this out and you can indeed get infinite fuel by filling barrels because it just fills the barrel and gives you back full gas cans. That's a pretty big exploit.