Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

2 hours ago, asval said:

What tools are you using? if you mine with the drill it should go a lot faster. 

Damn I thought it was like some versions before this one, that you could only use either the colander or the pickaxe, I got lucky and got a pickaxe and that's what I was using but still... thanks a lot but I'd like to know if someone can tell me where to modify it? I've worked in construction, dealt with a lot of physical effort in one day with 12 hours shifts an 1 hour to rest and you can make it without breaking yourself like your character does in the mod, I mean thank God falling unconscious is not yet implemented or I'd have to put a bed near the mine hole.   :-/  Again, please and thanks!

On 4/23/2016 at 11:15 PM, Hydromancerx said:

You need to pick it up near the end. Otherwise it will end up like all other drinkable items placed on the floor. Such as empty charcoal bags.

Hey Hydro, don't know if can work it out, but thinking if you can add more recipes to deal with the drinkable from the floor bug, for example: empty wooden bucket with concret - wooden bucket with concret + pickaxe = Wooden bucket. I believe that you can't make recipes resulting in nothing, so for items like the ingot mold could be: destroy ingot mold - ingot mold + 1 red or grey clay = 1 red or grey clay. The problem is that you can waste full items, but don't see anyone cliking on a recipe named "empty" or "destroy" on a full item.

For the charcoal and propane tank can be added recipes to empty them. Empty chacoal - charcoal + spade or work gloves (or something like that) = empty charcoal bag. The new item "empty charcoal bag" can be required to make the charcoal in the kiln, that way you can't just stock charcoal from corpses or ripped sheets, you have to find at least one and get the empty bag to make a new one (maybe craft the bags as well). In that case, the charcoal when used from the inventory have to become empty charcoal bag too, don't know if can be done.   
The propane tank when used in the BBQ don't change. I know you can find an empty propane tank in the junkyard and only one is needed for the biogas tank, so no problem there, but what to do with a item that can't be used and weights 20 units. Empty propane tank - propane tank + some kind of hose = empty propane tank, the empty tank can be required to make propane in the biogas tank and/or recycled. For the welding torch and gas tank would be needed two recipes, dismantle the whole thing and reclycle the welding gas tank and the empty too (have no use at the moment).

For the solar park a turn off repice that changes the powered to the solar park off, if you do this to the full park you'll only waste time, better then have to find another 8 car batterys.

For the biogas tank can't be just a recipe to full it,  so you would be able to make propane without make compost, to balance that can be consumed 5 worms and 5 of the foods used to make compost in a recipe to restore the biogas tank.

Those are the items that i found with the bug. It's a minor bug and once you get it, can only cause problems in moments of distraction. So I don't know if worth all the work to fix it. although it would be a nice touch.

So Hydro still has a lot of things to work on. Like where do you get a thermocouple? I thought you would create an easy way to trash things. Chain's are way harder to get than steel ingots when crafting a lvl 5 weapon between blade and blunt. Where do you even get trash bags/boxes other than mining? 

Edit: Also if I grab a fridge and run power to it can I run a fridge? Is that possible?

Edited by a.bashinskiy@yahoo.com

Hi can someone please tell me how to use the crossbow effectively? my character has ZERO reload and aiming but even at close range I can't land a single hit, I've installed the 3D models, the crossbow looks nice and I've got bolts and it reloads and aims and seems to be in working condition but I can't hit the broad side of a barn 2 feet away from it.  :-/

Since the wiki is down, what's the best silent weapon to start? slingshot? what does it use? throwing rocks? I'd really appreciate some community wisdom for early training aiming and reloading starting with weapons that won't attract mass hordes, please and thanks!

1 hour ago, a.bashinskiy@yahoo.com said:

So Hydro still has a lot of things to work on. Like where do you get a thermocouple? I thought you would create an easy way to trash things. Chain's are way harder to get than steel ingots when crafting a lvl 5 weapon between blade and blunt. Where do you even get trash bags/boxes other than mining? 

Edit: Also if I grab a fridge and run power to it can I run a fridge? Is that possible?

You have to craft a thermocouple.

And yes you can power fridges you grab if you have a base game generator.

1 hour ago, Torres said:

Hi can someone please tell me how to use the crossbow effectively? my character has ZERO reload and aiming but even at close range I can't land a single hit, I've installed the 3D models, the crossbow looks nice and I've got bolts and it reloads and aims and seems to be in working condition but I can't hit the broad side of a barn 2 feet away from it.  :-/

Since the wiki is down, what's the best silent weapon to start? slingshot? what does it use? throwing rocks? I'd really appreciate some community wisdom for early training aiming and reloading starting with weapons that won't attract mass hordes, please and thanks!

Longbow and Crossbow have more power than a Sling or Slingshot. All of them are quiet and require you to reload every time.

Just now, Hydromancerx said:

Longbow and Crossbow have more power than a Sling or Slingshot. All of them are quiet and require you to reload every time.

1 hour ago, Torres said:

I'm with Torres here. I had a crossbow and I cannot land even one hit. Point blank range. When I did test mode I used like 40 bolts and not one hit. Is there something more?

5 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

Whats your aiming skill?

Mine just got to its first level ( level 1 ) maybe I'm wrong but I seem to remember in earlier versions that when hit zombies stumbled a bit. Anyways yeah, just one level and I'm basically 1 feet away pressing the crossbow against its forehead aaaaand miss.

Also please tell me what do I need to stop giving myself 3rd degree burns every time I try and smelt something, I have the working gloves, the tongs, everything that the recipe seems to require but I got the "Oh God! that hurts!", I kind of remember a blacksmith apron from earlier versions? maybe that? also where can I find a noobish friendly guide? this adds tons of amazing stuff but it overwhelms the noob in me :D

2 minutes ago, Torres said:

Mine just got to its first level ( level 1 ) maybe I'm wrong but I seem to remember in earlier versions that when hit zombies stumbled a bit. Anyways yeah, just one level and I'm basically 1 feet away pressing the crossbow against its forehead aaaaand miss.

Also please tell me what do I need to stop giving myself 3rd degree burns every time I try and smelt something, I have the working gloves, the tongs, everything that the recipe seems to require but I got the "Oh God! that hurts!", I kind of remember a blacksmith apron from earlier versions? maybe that? also where can I find a noobish friendly guide? this adds tons of amazing stuff but it overwhelms the noob in me :D

Ok i got the burn thing taken care of. You need to find the Fire Suit. Or fireman stuff. And have it in your inventory. I found a fire suit in a warehouse and NEVER got burned after that. My brother uses the firefighters jacket and has also never been burned. We also made blacksmith aprons and used welding masks and only got burned once using that combo. A lot needs to be done to make that though. Leathercrafting etc. Firefighters jacket can only be found in police areas. So a police station. I found mine in muldraugh police station, even though we started in westpoint. (that adventure took days and a ton of work to leave a city and get to another)

I am guessing you gust need higher aiming.

To avoid burns you need ...

Head Protection

Welding Mask < Fight Fighter Helmet < Fire Stuit

Body Protection

Blacksmith Apron < Fire Fighter Jacket < Fire Stuit

In short Fire Suit is the best protection.

Edited by Hydromancerx

3 minutes ago, Hydromancerx said:

Head Protection

Welding Mask > Fight Fighter Helmet > Fire Stuit

Body Protection

Blacksmith Apron > Fire Fighter Jacket > Fire Stuit

That should be completely changed. The greater sign means greater. SO it should be 

Head Protection

Fire Suit> Fight Fighter Helmet> Welding Mask

Body Protection

Fire Suit  >Blacksmith Apron> Fire Fighter Jacket

Also the firefighter jacket is just slightly worse than the fire suit but better than anything else

Does anyone know the fastest way to level the electrical skill using hydrocraft? I mean besides the books, (which i have), or having to just find a bunch of random electronics to dismantle. Even with the book multiplier I get 1.5 exp MAX with any dismantle. Theres literally not enough electrical components to dismantle to get even CLOSE to leveling above 3. Without being an electrician that is. I've killed 4,000 zombies so far and dismantled all radios, talkies, headbuds, etc. So crazy. Also what level do you have to be to pick up fridges and stoves?

5 hours ago, Torres said:

I usually set up a shooting gallery from a second floor window since I don't have to waste beta blockers by doing this and it draws them away from my base.  I use a pistol and it always hits someone since there'll be so many of them standing there. 

Damn, FML I got like 2 of those on a lucky run through the police station and left them there! like... what am I gonna do with a firefighter's jacket? I wasted like 4 alarm clocks to clean that damn area aaarrrrgghh now I gotta go back or I'll burn myself Freddy Kruger style. Thanks guys. (srsly thanks, not like thx Obama).

Also, that crossbow thingy needs a bit of rework IMO, can't land a single shot. I just went full retard and equipped a shotgun, modded it with straps and whatnot then went on a rampage just to land mass shots on hordes to level the aiming and reloading skill... will report once I get some levels see if I hit something by then

10 hours ago, a.bashinskiy@yahoo.com said:

Does anyone know the fastest way to level the electrical skill using hydrocraft? I mean besides the books, (which i have), or having to just find a bunch of random electronics to dismantle. Even with the book multiplier I get 1.5 exp MAX with any dismantle. Theres literally not enough electrical components to dismantle to get even CLOSE to leveling above 3. Without being an electrician that is. I've killed 4,000 zombies so far and dismantled all radios, talkies, headbuds, etc. So crazy. Also what level do you have to be to pick up fridges and stoves?

Basically what you said, read the books, collect all electrical stuff you find and keep hoarding them in a box...then go powerdismantle and go dismantle all and keep an eye on your skill level, stop when maxed, read the next level book, rinse, repeat.

I'm having errors when using hydrocraft's condiments such as garlic powder, clove etc... they seem to be added to the recipe (their icons displays when hovering over the dish) but the error box shows and I get no bonuses for that dish, it always happened and the other mods I'm using are the ALICE backpacks, cremation for corpses and realguns.

Edited by Torres

1 hour ago, Torres said:

I'm having errors when using hydrocraft's condiments such as garlic powder, clove etc... they seem to be added to the recipe (their icons displays when hovering over the dish) but the error box shows and I get no bonuses for that dish, it always happened and the other mods I'm using are the ALICE backpacks, cremation for corpses and realguns.

Hydrocraft has ALICE Packs and the ability to Cremate Corpses. Those mods seem redundant. Why do you use them?

1 hour ago, Hydromancerx said:

Hydrocraft has ALICE Packs and the ability to Cremate Corpses. Those mods seem redundant. Why do you use them?

Because I had no idea Hydrocraft had that :-/ seems I'm gonna deactivate em. About the condiments thingy? might be the redundant mod fault? I made a shelf and I'm storing all the condiments there cause I wanted some nice bonuses but I'll edit if cremation and alice packs were causing the issue.

I'm sure someone has already asked this, but I never found the answer.

Where do I get a chain? I can't find one anywhere, even with loot set to abundant, and there doesn't seem to be a recipe to craft one. I wanted to go medieval on the zeds with a flail, but since a chain is required to craft it, I can't finish it. Sure, I could use the battleaxe or the greatsword, but there's just something more magical about spinning a giant hunk of steel around and bringing it crashing down on those obnoxious moaners.

I also can't upgrade my junkyard, since I need a chain for that too. Any answer is welcome.

12 minutes ago, MythicWaffle said:

I'm sure someone has already asked this, but I never found the answer.

Where do I get a chain? I can't find one anywhere, even with loot set to abundant, and there doesn't seem to be a recipe to craft one. I wanted to go medieval on the zeds with a flail, but since a chain is required to craft it, I can't finish it. Sure, I could use the battleaxe or the greatsword, but there's just something more magical about spinning a giant hunk of steel around and bringing it crashing down on those obnoxious moaners.

I also can't upgrade my junkyard, since I need a chain for that too. Any answer is welcome.

On line 187 in the junkyardextra.lua when you search for junk:

function hcjunksearchmedium(items, result, player)
    local metal = ZombRand(25);

if metal == 24 then
        player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCTire");
    elseif metal == 23 then
        player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCChain");   <----------------------- that right there. pray, pray hard.

That's your only hope, search trash til it pops

2 minutes ago, Torres said:

On line 187 in the junkyardextra.lua when you search for junk:

function hcjunksearchmedium(items, result, player)
    local metal = ZombRand(25);

if metal == 24 then
        player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCTire");
    elseif metal == 23 then
        player:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCChain");   <----------------------- that right there. pray, pray hard.

That's your only hope, search trash til it pops

Good grief, that's a slim chance. I guess that'll have to do, since I can't seem to figure out how the console commands work. I have no qualms about being a filthy cheater if it'll save me several hours of grinding. I don't suppose you have any advice on that?

On 4/25/2016 at 8:46 PM, Hydromancerx said:

Head Protection

Welding Mask < Fight Fighter Helmet < Fire Stuit

Body Protection

Blacksmith Apron < Fire Fighter Jacket < Fire Stuit

This is not how your code reads. In HCFire file your code does the following:

Checks the player's inventory for Fire Suit, firefighter jacket, blacksmith apron, firefighter helmet, and welding mask.

If inventory contains Fire Suit, then it stops the code that causes burn damage early, making the player not take any damage or have any chance of being set fire.

If inventory has no Fire Suit and contains firefighter jacket/helmet then it reduces direct burn damage by 50%

If inventory has no Fire Suit and contains blacksmith apron/welding mask then it reduces direct burn damage by 75%

It then sets the chances of receiving burn damage or being set on fire. Body and head chances are calculated independently.

Kiln: 1% chance of 5 head damage, 99% no damage  |  1% chance of 5 body damage, 99% no damage

Smelter: 20% chance each of 5/10 head damage, 60% no damage  |  20% chance each of 5/10 body damage, 60% no damage

Blast Furnace: 20% chance each of 5/10/15 head damage, 40% no damage  |  20% chance of 5/10/15 body damage, 40% no damage

Industrial Furnace: 20% chance each of 5/10/15 head damage, 40% no damage  |  20% chance of 5/10/15 body damage,  40% no damage  |  16% chance of being set on fire (bBurn = 3, hBurn ~= 3).

If the player receives direct burn damage then they are not set on fire, if they are set on fire they do not receive direct burn damage but are damaged by being on fire.

tl;dr:

The welding mask and blacksmith apron reduce more damage than the firefighter hat/jacket, but none of those reduce the chance of receiving damage or being set on fire at all.

The fire suit completely negates this mechanic and prevents all possibility of burn damage or being set on fire.

Currently the industrial furnace is only used for making titanium ingots and a giant magnet. Titanium ingots have no use right now. The magnet is only used to make a large junkyard for disassembling washers, TVs, and fridges. So the industrial furnace currently does not have a huge amount of use and people realistically have a 16% chance of being set on the fire the one time they use it to make the one giant magnet they need for the one large junkyard.

In the future if you expand the use of the industrial furnace (for instance by adding recipes for titanium ingots) then I would suggest changing the code to make the firefighter gear and apron/welding mask reduce the chance of being set on fire.