Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

I thought one of the previous updates were supposed to make the handmade lures work, but they still don't work with fishing.

Really? I added the code FishingLure    =    true,

item HCLurepinecone    {        Type        =    Normal,        DisplayName    =    Pinecone Lure,        Icon        =    HCLurepinecone,        Weight        =    0.1,        FishingLure    =    true,    }

What am am missing?

And then to the lua ...

local HCPinecone = {};HCPinecone.item = "HCLurepinecone";HCPinecone.plastic = true;HCPinecone.chanceOfBreak = 1;Fishing.lure["HCPinecone"] = HCPinecone;HCAddLure("HCLurepinecone");

What I meant by "programmer fixing up problems" is, there is no specific instructions anywhere on how to set up a server with HydroCraft mod. So I asked our programmer to do it. He will only fix any issue that is server sided on the server machine that we have. 

I'm surprised that Hydromancer hasn't used some form of code repository (Github, bitbucket, mercurial, svn) of his mod pack, so modders who submitted their mods to the pack, as well as third party programmers (Such as SlenderGreen's programmer) to submit tickets, as well as fork versions of the mod. 

Would be more convenient to all parties using and working on the Mod pack.

Because I already get overwhelmed with all the reports here, on steam, on reddit, on redboid, on new dawn, via PMs, via steam chat, via e-mails, youtube videos, etc. I really don't need another bug tracking thread to have to track. This mod is suppose to be for fun, not a job.

Having a repository is the first step to organizing what issues and bugs you have to deal with. Take a few minutes to look through GitHub's issue tracker. Then you can magically point people to there. With collaborators, there would be no need to do any transferring of files back and forth, and exporting to the workshop would probably be more convenient, depending on how you setup your local clone.

What I meant by "programmer fixing up problems" is, there is no specific instructions anywhere on how to set up a server with HydroCraft mod. So I asked our programmer to do it. He will only fix any issue that is server sided on the server machine that we have. 

I'm surprised that Hydromancer hasn't used some form of code repository (Github, bitbucket, mercurial, svn) of his mod pack, so modders who submitted their mods to the pack, as well as third party programmers (Such as SlenderGreen's programmer) to submit tickets, as well as fork versions of the mod. 

Because I already get overwhelmed with all the reports here, on steam, on reddit, on redboid, on new dawn, via PMs, via steam chat, via e-mails, youtube videos, etc. I really don't need another bug tracking thread to have to track. This mod is suppose to be for fun, not a job.

Shit I guess it's true, I mean it's a very amazing piece of art you've created but if it's annoying you... maybe state where and how should we report bugs? make a calling for people to moderate repeated posts? I'd be real shit if this were to disappear just because of that reason, it's real good... it adds a lot to the endgame scenario, like a purpose more than just pass days in your base.

I thought one of the previous updates were supposed to make the handmade lures work, but they still don't work with fishing.

Really? I added the code FishingLure    =    true,

item HCLurepinecone    {        Type        =    Normal,        DisplayName    =    Pinecone Lure,        Icon        =    HCLurepinecone,        Weight        =    0.1,        FishingLure    =    true,    }

What am am missing?

And then to the lua ...

local HCPinecone = {};HCPinecone.item = "HCLurepinecone";HCPinecone.plastic = true;HCPinecone.chanceOfBreak = 1;Fishing.lure["HCPinecone"] = HCPinecone;HCAddLure("HCLurepinecone");

I try fishing with either a feather lure or a birch bark lure (haven't tried others) in my inventory, it equips the lure, and then nothing happens. An error does get thrown though:

-----------------------------------------

STACK TRACE

function: new -- file: ISFishingAction.lua line # 320

function: onFishing -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1182

function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82

java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: plastic of non-table: null

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:473)

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)

at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)

at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)

at zombie.ui.UIElement.onMouseUp(UIElement.java:893)

at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1069)

at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:572)

at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1173)

at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:974)

at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:173)

STACK TRACE

function: new -- file: ISFishingAction.lua line # 320

function: onFishing -- file: ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua line # 1182

function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82

Edit:

So, I was looking through the code, and I notice the base game has a portion in fishing_properties.lua where it says what type of bait can be used for each type of fish. I don't see anything like that in HCFishingExtra.lua. I don't know if that's what is actually causing the error, but it seems likely that it needs to be added anyways if you want to actually catch any fish.

A few small bugs with pigments and paints:

1)"Extract green pigment" creates red pigment instead of green.

2)"Mix White Paint" and "Mix Yellow Paint" both create pink paint instead of white and yellow.

Also I've been looking at scripts and I don't know how to get a blue barrel. The junkyard seems to give only metal barrels. Am I missing something?

If you ever find out about the Blue Barrel, please post to let the rest of us know.

If you ever find out about the Blue Barrel, please post to let the rest of us know.

Well, if I didn't miss anything in the scripts (and I used search), there is no way to obtain it. Therefore, biogas tank is also uncraftable.

I think, we need a "Paint the barrel" recipe: metal barrel + blue paint (1 unit) + paint brush (keep) -> blue barrel. Or just a biogas collector recipe from regular metal barrel.

confirmed. No Bluebarrel in HCLoading or Junkyard. No texture load in HCLoading. In fact the blue Barrel is currently not in game (or its hide really good).

Hmm have see you have used the Skullcap Texture for Lavender?

http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/item.php?Name=HCEmptybarrelblue

A few small bugs with pigments and paints:

1)"Extract green pigment" creates red pigment instead of green.

2)"Mix White Paint" and "Mix Yellow Paint" both create pink paint instead of white and yellow.

Also I've been looking at scripts and I don't know how to get a blue barrel. The junkyard seems to give only metal barrels. Am I missing something?

Well, if I didn't miss anything in the scripts (and I used search), there is no way to obtain it. Therefore, biogas tank is also uncraftable.

I think, we need a "Paint the barrel" recipe: metal barrel + blue paint (1 unit) + paint brush (keep) -> blue barrel. Or just a biogas collector recipe from regular metal barrel.

confirmed. No Bluebarrel in HCLoading or Junkyard. No texture load in HCLoading. In fact the blue Barrel is currently not in game (or its hide really good).

Hmm have see you have used the Skullcap Texture for Lavender?

http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/item.php?Name=HCEmptybarrelblue

Umm, what are you trying to say by posting that link? Because it kind of just confirms that there isn't a current way to get the blue barrel. It mentions there is no spawn point, and the only way to get it that is mentioned is by using up things that require the same blue barrel to create...

You are one of the most dedicated modder in these forums mr HydromancerX we love your great work and appreciate the energy and time you dedicate for the gamers :). Modding is for fun and enjoyment i completely agree

I get:

ERROR: can't find recipe source "RadioRed" in recipe "Make Electronics Workbench"ERROR: can't find recipe source "RadioBlack" in recipe "Make Electronics Workbench"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HamRadio1" in recipe "Make Electronics Workbench"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HamRadio2" in recipe "Make Electronics Workbench"ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCPumpkingbuskin" in recipe "Harvest Buskin Pumpkins"ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCDissectiontabledissectedbody" in recipe "Dissect Corpse"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCDissectiontabledissectedbody" in recipe "Remove Corpse from Dissection Table"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCSikpants" in recipe "Make Sheet Rope"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCSikpants" in recipe "Make Ripped Sheets"

on my logs

and I get:

Loading: C:/Users/franc/Zomboid/mods/Hydrocraft/media/lua/server/HCLoading.lua-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: items of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: HCLoading.lua -- file: HCLoading.lua line # 3299java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: items of non-table: null        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:473)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCall(LuaCaller.java:77)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:630)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:576)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:460)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:381)        at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:1606)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:449)-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: HCLoading.lua -- file: HCLoading.lua line # 3299feb 10, 2016 12:50:19 AM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nullfeb 10, 2016 12:50:19 AM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: nulljava.lang.RuntimeException:        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:1285)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCall(LuaCaller.java:77)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:630)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:576)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:460)        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:381)        at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:1606)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:449)feb 10, 2016 12:50:19 AM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLuaSEVERE: null

note: I'm using modloader.

If you need a complete log and mod list let me know

I get:

ERROR: can't find recipe source "RadioRed" in recipe "Make Electronics Workbench"ERROR: can't find recipe source "RadioBlack" in recipe "Make Electronics Workbench"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HamRadio1" in recipe "Make Electronics Workbench"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HamRadio2" in recipe "Make Electronics Workbench"ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCPumpkingbuskin" in recipe "Harvest Buskin Pumpkins"ERROR: can't find recipe result "HCDissectiontabledissectedbody" in recipe "Dissect Corpse"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCDissectiontabledissectedbody" in recipe "Remove Corpse from Dissection Table"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCSikpants" in recipe "Make Sheet Rope"ERROR: can't find recipe source "HCSikpants" in recipe "Make Ripped Sheets"

on my logs

Ah i see whats wrong. I can fix most of those. Oops!

Just a quick suggestion. Instead of having the well and ibc's act as giant water bottles, why not giant sinks? It would be more practical in the sense that you don't put it in your pockets to pour it into a bottle, but rather fill your bottles from the container(sink) itself. I have no idea how mods like this work but it seems to me you would just have to make it so the water stays accessible after the piped water runs out which could be weird if you're making it a big sink. Like I said I have no idea how things work :) 

Just a quick suggestion. Instead of having the well and ibc's act as giant water bottles, why not giant sinks? It would be more practical in the sense that you don't put it in your pockets to pour it into a bottle, but rather fill your bottles from the container(sink) itself. I have no idea how mods like this work but it seems to me you would just have to make it so the water stays accessible after the piped water runs out which could be weird if you're making it a big sink. Like I said I have no idea how things work :)

Sinks are stationary objects, rather than things that can be crafted and placed. Maybe if it could be treated as furniture though...

Sinks are stationary objects, rather than things that can be crafted and placed. Maybe if it could be treated as furniture though...

Oh I see. Nonetheless the current mechanic is weird. All in all it's a great mod, but every here and there, there's a little something that sounds like a great idea, but is just straight up laughable. Like "Oh let me PICK UP this mining hole. Move some dirt on top of my house, then place the hole on top and go f***in mining on top of house." Don't get me wrong I love the mod and it adds a massive amount of awesome stuff, but some ideas are just executed poorly.

Could it be possible to be made into a rain barrel? Or would that negate the option of filling it with fresh water on hand (ie. water bottles)? 

I have not figured out furnature code.

item Moveable    {        Type            = Moveable,        Icon            = default,        Weight              = 0.5,        DisplayName        = Moveable,     }

The same code is for every piece of furniture. I am so lost.

I have all the parts and skills to build an Electronics Workbench but when i access the crafting menu the craft one button is greyed out even though all components needed are highlighted and i have skill 3 in electronics so...anything else i am missing or is this a possible bug with the new Electronics Workbench? Thanks for everything, this is a great mod.

Some "problematic" logs

script: loading C:\Users\Franco\Zomboid\mods\Hydrocraft\media\scripts\Farming.txtadding unknown item param "HideFromWiki" = "true"
Loading: C:/Users/Franco/Zomboid/mods/Hydrocraft/media/lua/server/Farming/farmingCommands.luarequire("basicFarming") failed

Ca you explain why an electronics workbench would require a computer or radios? There's no electricty, so what function are they providing? Even if we hook them up to electricity? I figured it should be a workbench for working on electronics. So things like screwdrivers, pliers, tweezers, and some sort of light stand could be useful. Instead you're requiring a lot of electronics that we would normally work on at a workbench. Most of your stuff tends to make some sort of sense, but that one is just bizarre.

Are spiked log barriers and stone pillars gone? I wanted to make a castle :(

They are there but not craftable anymore due to critical bugs. Until they are fixed they will stay uncraftable.

Ca you explain why an electronics workbench would require a computer or radios? There's no electricty, so what function are they providing? Even if we hook them up to electricity? I figured it should be a workbench for working on electronics. So things like screwdrivers, pliers, tweezers, and some sort of light stand could be useful. Instead you're requiring a lot of electronics that we would normally work on at a workbench. Most of your stuff tends to make some sort of sense, but that one is just bizarre.

To be true to the crafting station art. However then you ask "then why did you even add it to he art?" Because I wanted to add some electronic items that were not dismantled yet. Like how the junkyard requires trash, i wanted to make this have some "clutter" items to make it look nice. I also did not want it to be too easy to build.

Hey, I'm a loser asking dumb questions because I have no idea how much work and time it takes to make changes to a mod as intricate and expansive as Hydrocraft!

Do MRE's and jars of jam fulfill my daily requirements for Proteins, Lipids and Carbohydrates? :D

He's stated a few times that Hydrocraft doesn't yet support the IWBUMS changes, so expect to have to eat some base game food if you are using it.