Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hydro I am not sure if you are aware, but the log barriers don't seem to stop zombies all the time. I just witnessed a small group passing through them like they weren't even there.

Dead group in the attached screenshot passed through the north wall like nothing was there. They were idling sort of and just kind of sauntered through it and then attacked when they spotted me.

M2pUvpR.png

Hydro I am not sure if you are aware, but the log barriers don't seem to stop zombies all the time. I just witnessed a small group passing through them like they weren't even there.

Dead group in the attached screenshot passed through the north wall like nothing was there. They were idling sort of and just kind of sauntered through it and then attacked when they spotted me.

M2pUvpR.png

You need to place them like a campfire or tent. Not drop them on the ground.

M2pUvpR.png

You need to place them like a campfire or tent. Not drop them on the ground.

All the barriers were placed from my inventory using "Place Barrier." They are fixed and immovable. I cannot pass through the northern wall, but the zombies can.

I'm having problems naming my dogs.  I never had this issue before.  The only dogs I can currently name are pack dogs that have packs already attached to them.  Is this a bug?

Well pack dogs are bags and bags can be renamed so pac dogs can be renamed. If someone knows how to add renaming to a normal item please let me know.

So this mod is awesome, and got me bac into playing PZ, but I have a few questions / observations.

1. Eating zombies. I notice that when I skin and cook a zombie, there's no green skull signifying the corpse is poisonous. Yes if I butcher the zombie, the odd meat is considered poisonous. So, am I only allowed to eat non-butchered zombies? (I have a thing where I want to be able to eat zombies in any zombie game.)

2. Injections. What are they used for, besides possibly infecting myself as a zombie?

3. Dogs. Dog whistles seem incredibly rare, and then they get used up when you use one. There also seems to be no way to create a dog whistle. This is quite frustrating, especially when you can't specific what type of dog you want and you get the same god twice in a row. Though I was slightly excited to see it was a male/female, until I noticed we can't even breed them, and there doesn't seem to be a use for more than one Herding dog.

4. Ranged weapons. Bows and crossbows sound awesome, but creating arrows doesn't seem worth the effort. Feathers are difficult to come by (dead birds from trapping don't even give them), and there doesn't seem to be any chance of recovering the ammo. It's also a lot of adhesives you end up going through.

5. Containers. So there's a few containers that seem really cool, but turn out to be traps. You bring a dolly or wheelbarrow out with you when chopping trees to get all the lumber, but then you need to unequip them in order to chop stuff down. So you set the trolly down to chop some more trees, but then you can't pick the trolly back up cause it's too heavy. Also, it's odd that they only reduce the weight by 50, when it's much easier to carry stuff in a trolly/wheelbarrow then in a backpack.

So this mod is awesome, and got me bac into playing PZ, but I have a few questions / observations.

1. Eating zombies. I notice that when I skin and cook a zombie, there's no green skull signifying the corpse is poisonous. Yes if I butcher the zombie, the odd meat is considered poisonous. So, am I only allowed to eat non-butchered zombies? (I have a thing where I want to be able to eat zombies in any zombie game.)

2. Injections. What are they used for, besides possibly infecting myself as a zombie?

3. Dogs. Dog whistles seem incredibly rare, and then they get used up when you use one. There also seems to be no way to create a dog whistle. This is quite frustrating, especially when you can't specific what type of dog you want and you get the same god twice in a row. Though I was slightly excited to see it was a male/female, until I noticed we can't even breed them, and there doesn't seem to be a use for more than one Herding dog.

4. Ranged weapons. Bows and crossbows sound awesome, but creating arrows doesn't seem worth the effort. Feathers are difficult to come by (dead birds from trapping don't even give them), and there doesn't seem to be any chance of recovering the ammo. It's also a lot of adhesives you end up going through.

5. Containers. So there's a few containers that seem really cool, but turn out to be traps. You bring a dolly or wheelbarrow out with you when chopping trees to get all the lumber, but then you need to unequip them in order to chop stuff down. So you set the trolly down to chop some more trees, but then you can't pick the trolly back up cause it's too heavy. Also, it's odd that they only reduce the weight by 50, when it's much easier to carry stuff in a trolly/wheelbarrow then in a backpack.

1. Both skinned corpses and odd meat should be poisonous. If not I should recheck it.

2. Its classified.

3. Yes Dog whistles are a rare and treasured item. But that i what makes them special. As for breeding, its just too complex to have he number of combinations of possible dogs. Though I may add a genetic "mutt" that you can get from breeding dog breeds.

4. There is a small chance you can recover arrows/bolts. They have to hit the zombie to be recoverable. So any misses are lost. Also longbows and crossbows are quite so they have an advantage over loud firearms.

5. Sadly that's just the mechanics of the game. You need to equip and THEN load up the carting item. In short it allows you to care much more than you can carry in a backpack or on yourself but at the price of moving slow and not being able to use your hands (except for the toy wagon that only uses 1 hand).

There is still an issue with dried fruits disappearing or duplicating when removing them from the ovens or fires.  If I try to move them directly to my bag, the item disappears (whether already dried or not).  If I try to move it to the ground and then into my bag, it duplicates the item inside the fire or oven.  This is one of the best methods for preserving food.  Can you please fix it?  :)

1. Both skinned corpses and odd meat should be poisonous. If not I should recheck it.

2. Its classified.

3. Yes Dog whistles are a rare and treasured item. But that i what makes them special. As for breeding, its just too complex to have he number of combinations of possible dogs. Though I may add a genetic "mutt" that you can get from breeding dog breeds.

4. There is a small chance you can recover arrows/bolts. They have to hit the zombie to be recoverable. So any misses are lost. Also longbows and crossbows are quite so they have an advantage over loud firearms.

5. Sadly that's just the mechanics of the game. You need to equip and THEN load up the carting item. In short it allows you to care much more than you can carry in a backpack or on yourself but at the price of moving slow and not being able to use your hands (except for the toy wagon that only uses 1 hand).

1. There was no green skull on the skinned corpse, and I didn't get sick eating it, but I may have just got lucky. Is there any amount of processing that we can go through to make the meat not poisonous then? I want to teach those zombies who the apex predator is :D

2. Any hints? Like, is there a current use that's even available, or is it just a placeholder for future additions?

3. I understand wanting them to be valuable, but it would be nice if the dogs were treated similar to the other animals. You need to find a whistle, but also need to forage some item, and the forageable item could be the consumable one. Does having more than one herding dog help find cows? Or is the extra completely useless? If it doesn't help, it would be nive for all dogs to at least serve two roles then.

4. Yea, loud firearms are pretty much only useable if you're far away from your base and want to screw around. I've found myself using the slingshot mostly though, since the boxes come with 100 BBs. And while those would eventually run out, after days of playing I still haven't gathered enough materials to even make 10 arrows/bolts.

5. Ok, that doesn't really explain why it has such an inferior weight reduction compared to hiking bags though. I mean, it seems like needing to require the use of our hands should be more than balancing enough, and people can use a trolly to move a fridge easily. You can't really use a hiking bag to do that.

4. The easiest way to get feathers is to break down pillows into pillowcases and 10 (or 20? i forget) feathers. And I believe it's fairly easy to make glue from flour (I think you just need a cauldron). This is from memory, so you may need to check if the recipes have changed.

5. I believe the weight capacity and weight reduction amounts were set to make these larger containers not too OP. This way you have to balance the reward of carrying a crapload of loot with the risk of slower movement and having your hands full. It's a large risk in solo games, but in multiplayer the risks can be mitigated by having someone along to act as a guard. Personally, when I use the large containers, I try to stick to the Toy Wagon since it still has a pretty decent large capacity and the ability to be used one-handed, leaving the other free for a weapon.

As for the problem of dropping and/or picking up overloaded (>50 lb) containers, that is a limitation of the base game, not the mod. Maybe someone can look into a way of emptying a container while it is on the ground? I seem to recall there used to be a mod that let you empty a bag in your inventory without equipping it. Maybe that code could be modified?

Edited by Dhalgren

While foraging with the books I got some errors.

ERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find Base.CabbageERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find Base.PotatoERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find Base.Tomato

ecause there is no Base.Cabbage , there is farming.Cabbage tho all those you mentioned is in a farming module

While foraging with the books I got some errors.

ERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find Base.CabbageERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find Base.PotatoERROR: ItemContainer.AddItem: can't find Base.Tomato

ecause there is no Base.Cabbage , there is farming.Cabbage tho all those you mentioned is in a farming module

Already fixed for the next version.

Hydrocraft v5.2 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Updated Turkish Translation.

- Fixing Disappearing Mortar and Pestle

- Fixed Fez.

- MRE cannot be packed anymore.

- Fixed Pickle Vegetable Jars.

- Zed Meat is more Poisonous.

- Added Jute Stems to Foraging.

- Added Stone Knife

- Added Log Table and Primitive Research Station

- Can research some primitive recipes.

- Added Spark Plug, Wind Chimes and Globe.

- Added Packing Tape, Masking Tape, Super Glue and Rubber Cement.

- New glues tapes and glue gun can now fix many weapons and are added to many recipes.

- Added Medium Box of Garbage

- Redone Junkyards and how they work as well as their loot tables.

- Added Phone Book

- Added Skill Books for Electrical, First Aid and Foraging Skills!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!